Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All of God's word is helpful for providing what we need every day. It's not always convenient when feeling lazy or tired. But even so just like the Lord He is merciful when calling us to Him. Whether it's a chapter or verse, psalm or proverbs; the Lord has taught us there's a season for everything. Both Proverbs 1 and Proverbs 100 are great examples, from mediation of God's word day and night to gladness and singing. Do we feel a need to praise the Lord in song or get advised with wisdom, perhaps simply quiet time with Him reading?

Regarding it all I thank you Lord for being there for me each day, soon as I awake to when I sleep. Always in my mind and heart, though I don't always behave my best in spirit, you continue to let your presence be known and felt. May I and all who're in the name of the Lord have God's blessing, which is "That brings forth its fruit in its season. Whose leave also shall not wither. And whatever he does shall prosper." :bow:

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 1:1-3

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is much food found in God's Word. Once you are growing closer to the Lord, you never get enough of it. You can read in it, again and again!

It fills you up, yet you are not too full as in not wanting to get more from it! It just becomes an delight reading in it!

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is much food found in God's Word. Once you are growing closer to the Lord, you never get enough of it. You can read in it, again and again!

It fills you up, yet you are not too full as in not wanting to get more from it! It just becomes an delight reading in it!

God's word is full of wisdom, it all has a purpose which gives it so much meaning. He's all knowing so we can read and hear His word all day every day. Even then we're only scratching the surface and trying to put it all into context for understanding. Probably why we have many interpretations of the same scriptures, Christians have been keeping God's word for thousands of years and Jews much further back. Sometimes even when you want more and more to know God and understand it all, there is the feeling of humility that tells you for now just rest and let it be a mystery. If any one of us could ourselves we wouldn't need the Lord our Savior.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes even when you want more and more to know God and understand it all, there is the feeling of humility that tells you for now just rest and let it be a mystery. If any one of us could ourselves we wouldn't need the Lord our Savior.

Lately I have been praying to Jesus before reading the bible that He should give me the right understanding of what I am reading, and especially to give me the understanding I am capable of handling now.

We do keep on learning and learning, even during dry times. We just need to keep on pressing on and trusting in Him, trusting in there is growth when we spend time with Him, even if we may not see it clearly at the time. As there will be growth when we draw closer to God, and when we delight in reading in His Word .

God keep on blessing you!

Upvote 0