God's will over original sin

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God regretted that He had made humankind on the earth; it grieved his heart. Genesis 6:6
Would God regret and grieve if it was His will that Adam&Eve fall?

You are not to eat from tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:17
Would God instruct Adam not to eat but purposed otherwise beforehand?

I think no, it wasn't God's will for humankind to fail because He instructed Adam not to eat and felt sad when that happened. I believe the nature of will that Adam&Eve had was different from what we have now. Why? In my opinion, after the fall, God has withdrawn/limited the authority of human will that He initially gave to mankind. I believe, God will again give us a new nature of will when He restores everything in the new earth. I do not know what nature and degree of will Adam&Eve had, but it think it was different before the fall.

Comments? (I'm open to unlearn and relearn, always).

Last edited:

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
God regretted that He had made humankind on the earth; it grieved his heart. Genesis 6:6
Would God regret and grieve if it was His will that Adam&Eve fall?

You are not to eat from tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:17
Would God instruct Adam not to eat but purposed otherwise beforehand?

I think no, it wasn't God's will for humankind to fail because He instructed Adam not to eat and felt sad when that happened. I believe the nature of will that Adam&Eve had was different from what we have now. Why? In my opinion, after the fall, God has withdrawn/limited the authority of human will that He initially gave to mankind. I believe, God will again give us a new nature of will when He restores everything in the new earth. I do not know what nature and degree of will Adam&Eve had, but it think it was different before the fall.

Comments? (I'm open to unlearn and relearn, always).
We regain our pre-fallen nature with the New birth but since we live in a fallen world, we need to continue remaining in righteousness.

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think anything is by accident................

May be you would think it differently if sin never happened. So, could it be that you don't think anything is by accident in a fallen world?

(What Adam&Eve did was intentional on their part. We are unaware of the state of mind they had in a sinless world. We will only see and know when all is restored to perfection in a new earth.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But you must remember - Lord knows what us human beings are like - he knew we would disobey - same way as if you have a child and you tell that child not go into your cupboard - they will do it! Kids!

Unfortunately sin has happen - and we all (human kind) have to suffer in a multitude of forms.

A sinless world - wow - only Lord can restore that when time comes.

But, truth is, even now - things are good - we can breath and live etc etc this is not hell - yet.

In a FALLEN WORLD anything goes..........

May be you would think it differently if sin never happened. So, could it be that you don't think anything is by accident in a fallen world?

(What Adam&Eve did was intentional on their part. We are unaware of the state of mind they had in a sinless world. We will only see and know when all is restored to perfection in a new earth.)

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Adam and Eve were innocent. But in order for them (mankind) to have a relationship based on love with God, they needed to fall and then be restored to holiness which is a higher state. In a state of innocence, they still had to learn what sin was, so they were not the moral agents that is required for them to have a mature relationship with God. So yes it was planned.

They themselves failed but other men succeeded.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In everything our Sovereign God does, His full Glory is on display.

Acts 2:23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

Revelation 4:8 ..."Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We regain our pre-fallen nature with the New birth but since we live in a fallen world, we need to continue remaining in righteousness.

Bless you brother David, may I kindly ask where the church came up with the idea of man’s fallen nature being as a result of Adam & Eve’s sin? I don’t see it in Genesis 3.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bless you brother David, may I kindly ask where the church came up with the idea of man’s fallen nature being as a result of Adam & Eve’s sin? I don’t see it in Genesis 3.

We agree fallen means sinful and depraved.

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

We also read in New Testament that by one man sin, death and condemnation was passed on to all.

Only Jesus was born holy because He was not a man’s seed but of a virgin through Holy Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

We also read in New Testament that by one man sin, death and condemnation was passed on to all.

Only Jesus was born holy because He was not a man’s seed but of a virgin through Holy Spirit.

Thank you Romans 5:19 does appear to support the idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Also you can see how the Earth is cursed because of Adam in Genesis 3.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Psalm 51 says that David's mother was in sin. Although sin was passed to all after Adam, it does not clearly say it was through the seed of man rather than Satan causing every man to fall, which has been estimated to be around the age of four, after being born innocent. There has been a study comparing three year olds to four year olds and it was found that deliberate lying does not begin till around the later.

The case for original sin is very weak.

Upvote 0