• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

God's will over original sin

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by gospels, Jul 17, 2019.

1. gospels

gospels Active Member Supporter

+291
    India
    Christian
    Single
    God regretted that He had made humankind on the earth; it grieved his heart. Genesis 6:6
    Would God regret and grieve if it was His will that Adam&Eve fall?

You are not to eat from tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:17
    Would God instruct Adam not to eat but purposed otherwise beforehand?

I think no, it wasn't God's will for humankind to fail because He instructed Adam not to eat and felt sad when that happened. I believe the nature of will that Adam&Eve had was different from what we have now. Why? In my opinion, after the fall, God has withdrawn/limited the authority of human will that He initially gave to mankind. I believe, God will again give us a new nature of will when He restores everything in the new earth. I do not know what nature and degree of will Adam&Eve had, but it think it was different before the fall.

Comments? (I'm open to unlearn and relearn, always).

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Luke631

Luke631 New Member

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Jesus is coming soon and it will be glorious!

3. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+2,819
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    We regain our pre-fallen nature with the New birth but since we live in a fallen world, we need to continue remaining in righteousness.

4. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+127
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I don't think anything is by accident................

5. gospels

+291
    India
    Christian
    Single
    May be you would think it differently if sin never happened. So, could it be that you don't think anything is by accident in a fallen world?

(What Adam&Eve did was intentional on their part. We are unaware of the state of mind they had in a sinless world. We will only see and know when all is restored to perfection in a new earth.)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  6. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+127
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    But you must remember - Lord knows what us human beings are like - he knew we would disobey - same way as if you have a child and you tell that child not go into your cupboard - they will do it! Kids!

Unfortunately sin has happen - and we all (human kind) have to suffer in a multitude of forms.

A sinless world - wow - only Lord can restore that when time comes.

But, truth is, even now - things are good - we can breath and live etc etc this is not hell - yet.

In a FALLEN WORLD anything goes..........

7. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+143
    Christian
    Single
    Adam and Eve were innocent. But in order for them (mankind) to have a relationship based on love with God, they needed to fall and then be restored to holiness which is a higher state. In a state of innocence, they still had to learn what sin was, so they were not the moral agents that is required for them to have a mature relationship with God. So yes it was planned.

They themselves failed but other men succeeded.

8. Aabbie James

Aabbie James The Word Became Flesh

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    In everything our Sovereign God does, His full Glory is on display.

Acts 2:23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

Revelation 4:8 ..."Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

9. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,515
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Bless you brother David, may I kindly ask where the church came up with the idea of man’s fallen nature being as a result of Adam & Eve’s sin? I don’t see it in Genesis 3.

10. gospels

+291
    India
    Christian
    Single
    We agree fallen means sinful and depraved.

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

We also read in New Testament that by one man sin, death and condemnation was passed on to all.

Only Jesus was born holy because He was not a man’s seed but of a virgin through Holy Spirit.

11. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,515
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Thank you Romans 5:19 does appear to support the idea.

12. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+2,819
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Also you can see how the Earth is cursed because of Adam in Genesis 3.

13. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+143
    Christian
    Single
    Psalm 51 says that David's mother was in sin. Although sin was passed to all after Adam, it does not clearly say it was through the seed of man rather than Satan causing every man to fall, which has been estimated to be around the age of four, after being born innocent. There has been a study comparing three year olds to four year olds and it was found that deliberate lying does not begin till around the later.

The case for original sin is very weak.