sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It it recorded in the Book of Exodus, and also below.

Exo_24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

I prefer the account below, because it is clear and concise.

Deu 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
Deu 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
Deu 5:3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
Deu 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
Deu 5:5 (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount;) saying,
Deu 5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deu 5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Deu 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deu 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Deu 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Deu 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.
Deu 5:13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
Deu 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
Deu 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Deu 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deu 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
Deu 5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
Deu 5:19 Neither shalt thou steal.
Deu 5:20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Deu 5:21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Deu 5:22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.
Deu 5:23 And it came to pass, when ye heard the voice out of the midst of the darkness, (for the mountain did burn with fire,) that ye came near unto me, even all the heads of your tribes, and your elders;
Deu 5:24 And ye said, Behold, the LORD our God hath shewed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that God doth talk with man, and he liveth.
Deu 5:25 Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us: if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any more, then we shall die.
Deu 5:26 For who is there of all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?
Deu 5:27 Go thou near, and hear all that the LORD our God shall say: and speak thou unto us all that the LORD our God shall speak unto thee; and we will hear it, and do it.
Deu 5:28 And the LORD heard the voice of your words, when ye spake unto me; and the LORD said unto me, I have heard the voice of the words of this people, which they have spoken unto thee: they have well said all that they have spoken.
Deu 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!
Deu 5:30 Go say to them, Get you into your tents again.
Deu 5:31 But as for thee, stand thou here by me, and I will speak unto thee all the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which thou shalt teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.
Deu 5:32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.
Deu 5:33 Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.

You are correct, its exodus 24.

So when you say the New Covenant has already begun for Israel as well, at which point of time did the leaders of Israel told God they accept the conditions of the New Covenant, just as they did for the Old Covenant?

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And yet the irrevocable gifts and call made to absolsutely all Israel are fulfilled only in a remnant (Romans 11:29, Romans 11:1-6).

The remnant returning was not just Judah--Ezra 6:17.

The northern tribes were not lost in the exile, for we find them in

prophecies relating to the return from exile:

--Jeremiah 3:18, Jeremiah 31:27, Jeremiah 31:31 (where Israel is the northern kingdom of the ten tribes)
--Ezekiel 37:15-22 (where Ephraim is the northern kingdom of the ten tribes--Isaiah 7:17),

return from exile: Ezra 6:17

NT: Acts 26:7; James 1:1
Ezra 6:17 says that an offering was made for all Israel, not by all Israel. the Hebrew word used was 'al, which does not even imply that all of Israel was present.

There is not even one scripture that even suggests that Ephraim EVER returned to the land. For, although a few individuals from Ephraim did indeed find their ways back. There has never been a return of Ephraim that compares even to the paltry few of Judah that returned.

The promise of Ezekiel 36:1-10 was that the "mountains of Israel," along with "the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken," (verse 4) would again be inhabited by "all the house of Israel, all of it." The Hebrew word kol, which means "all" was here doubled, stressing that the meaning was absolutely all of "the house of Israel.

There is no rational way to even pretend that this promise has been met.

The fact that other scriptures say that only a remnant will return does not contradict this promise, because Ezekiel 20;33-38 very explicitly says that, as hey return, God will purge out the rebels from their midst, and both Isaiah 4:3-4 and Zechariah 12:10-14 clearly say that those who repent will be all that had survived to that time.

Finally, is is a simple falsehood to even pretend that the promises of Ephraim and Judah bring joined together and of both of them returning to the land have been met. No scripture, and no historical record, even suggests that this has ever happened. and this included every scripture you have posted.

Acts 26:7, in its context, actually says the very opposite to what you are claiming, for we read, "And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers. To this promise our twelve tribes, earnestly serving God night and day, hope to attain." (Acts 26:6-7) So Paul was saying that "our twelve tribes" were STILL hoping "to attain" "the promise."

Likewise James 1:1 also says the very opposite of what you are claiming, For it is addressed "to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad," not to the twelve tribes which are in the land.

You are elevating your doctrine above the explicit statements of scripture.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are correct, its exodus 24.

So when you say the New Covenant has already begun for Israel as well, at which point of time did the leaders of Israel told God they accept the conditions of the New Covenant, just as they did for the Old Covenant?

Nobody gets into the New Covenant in the same way, as in the Old Covenant.

A person gets into the New Covenant by being born-again of the Spirit of God, through repentance and faith. That is what happened below on the Day of Pentecost, when Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel".

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16
Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody gets into the New Covenant in the same way, as in the Old Covenant.

A person gets into the New Covenant by being born-again of the Spirit of God, through repentance and faith. That is what happened below on the Day of Pentecost, when Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel".

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16
Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

I see, so you believe the New Covenant is not cut with the nation of Israel corporately, but rather people in that nation, individually.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ezra 6:17 says that an offering was made for all Israel, not by all Israel. the Hebrew word used was 'al, which does not even imply that all of Israel was present.
There is not even one scripture that even suggests that Ephraim EVER returned to the land. For, although a few individuals from Ephraim did indeed find their ways back. There has never been a return of Ephraim that compares even to the paltry few of Judah that returned.

The promise of Ezekiel 36:1-10 was that the "mountains of Israel," along with "the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken," (verse 4) would again be inhabited by "all the house of Israel, all of it." The Hebrew word kol, which means "all" was here doubled, stressing that the meaning was absolutely all of "the house of Israel.

There is no rational way to even pretend that this promise has been met.

The fact that other scriptures say that only a remnant will return does not contradict this promise, because Ezekiel 20;33-38 very explicitly says that, as hey return, God will purge out the rebels from their midst, and both Isaiah 4:3-4 and Zechariah 12:10-14 clearly say that those who repent will be all that had survived to that time.

Finally, is is a simple falsehood to even pretend that the promises of Ephraim and Judah bring joined together and of both of them returning to the land have been met. No scripture, and no historical record, even suggests that this has ever happened. and this included every scripture you have posted.

Acts 26:7, in its context, actually says the very opposite to what you are claiming, for we read, "And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers. To this promise our twelve tribes, earnestly serving God night and day, hope to attain." (Acts 26:6-7) So Paul was saying that "our twelve tribes" were STILL hoping "to attain" "the promise."

Likewise James 1:1 also says the very opposite of what you are claiming, For it is addressed "to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad," not to the twelve tribes which are in the land.

You are elevating your doctrine above the explicit statements of scripture.
You fail to understand the principle of God fulfilling his promises in a remnant only, just as he is doing today with Israel (Romans 11:1-5, 25).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see, so you believe the New Covenant is not cut with the nation of Israel corporately, but rather people in that nation, individually.

The Bible says a "remnant". Do you understand the meaning of that word?

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Rom 9:6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
Rom 9:7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "IN ISAAC YOUR SEED SHALL BE CALLED."
Rom 9:8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

Rom 9:27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BE AS THE SAND OF THE SEA, THE REMNANT WILL BE SAVED.

Rom 11:1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 "LORD, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS AND TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY SEEK MY LIFE"?
Rom 11:4 But what does the divine response say to him? "I HAVE RESERVED FOR MYSELF SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL."
Rom 11:5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says a "remnant". Do you understand the meaning of that word?

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Rom 9:6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
Rom 9:7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, "IN ISAAC YOUR SEED SHALL BE CALLED."
Rom 9:8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

Rom 9:27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL BE AS THE SAND OF THE SEA, THE REMNANT WILL BE SAVED.

Rom 11:1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 "LORD, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS AND TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY SEEK MY LIFE"?
Rom 11:4 But what does the divine response say to him? "I HAVE RESERVED FOR MYSELF SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL."
Rom 11:5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Yes, but was it stated that the New Covenant is cut with that remnant?

And us in the Body of Christ, are we also part of that remnant?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but was it stated that the New Covenant is cut with that remnant?

And us in the Body of Christ, are we also part of that remnant?

How many different groups of Israelites are found in Romans 9:8, and Romans 11:1-5?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many different groups of Israelites are found in Romans 9:8, and Romans 11:1-5?

None of them stated that the New Covenant has begun for them, the New Covenant was not even mentioned.

It all boils down to this, when Hebrews 8:8 states the house of Israel and the house of Judah, do you think it means the entire nation?

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You fail to understand the principle of God fulfilling his promises in a remnant only, just as he is doing today with Israel (Romans 11:1-5, 25).
No, you simply do not believe what god EXPLICITLY said, in PLAIN, CLEAR words, that the "mountains of Israel," along with "the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken," would again be inhabited by "all the house of Israel, all of it." The only time that the return of a mere remnant can be a fulfillment of the promise of a return of ABSOLUTELY ALL of the nation, is when that remnant is all that is left of the nation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of them stated that the New Covenant has begun for them, the New Covenant was not even mentioned.

It all boils down to this, when Hebrews 8:8 states the house of Israel and the house of Judah, do you think it means the entire nation?

Which of the verses below must be ignored to make the Dispensational viewpoint work?

Why do you almost never hear a sermon about the New Covenant in Dispensational churches?

Could you ever give up Dispensational Theology if it does not agree with scripture, or would you not be able to admit you were wrong?

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (This statement was made to His Jewish disciples descended from the twelve tribes of Israel.)

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (Who was Paul talking about here?)

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (Quoted directly from Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. (When did the New Covenant go into effect?)

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. (This letter was written to Christians of Jewish backgrounds.)

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which of the verses below must be ignored to make the Dispensational viewpoint work?

Why do you almost never hear a sermon about the New Covenant in Dispensational churches?

Could you ever give up Dispensational Theology if it does not agree with scripture, or would you not be able to admit you were wrong?

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (Who was Paul talking about here?)

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— (Quoted directly from Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. (When did the New Covenant go into effect?)

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

You are fond of spamming the same cut and paste, even when its of no relevance to the current discussion.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (This statement was made to His Jewish disciples descended from the twelve tribes of Israel.)

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. (This letter was written to Christians of Jewish backgrounds.)

Once you realize that the New Covenant cannot annul the promises that were made before, which principle is clearly stated in Galatians 3:17, you realize that your entire argument is futile.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, you simply do not believe what god EXPLICITLY said, in PLAIN, CLEAR words, that the "mountains of Israel," along with "the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken," would again be inhabited by "all the house of Israel, all of it." The only time that the return of a mere remnant can be a fulfillment of the promise of a return of ABSOLUTELY ALL of the nation,
is when that remnant is all that is left of the nation.
Who made that rule?

And yet today, as we speak, God's irrevocable gifts and call are being fulfilled in a remnant
(Romans 11:1-5, 25), and not in Orthodox Jews.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are fond of spamming the same cut and paste, even when
its of no relevance to the current discussion.
If you believe that, I understand why you hold the doctrine that you do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Once you realize that the New Covenant cannot annul the promises that were made before, which principle is clearly stated in Galatians 3:17, you realize that your entire argument is futile.
The "principle" clearly stated in Galatians 3:17 is that the temporary addition
(Galatians 3:19; Romans 5:20) of the Mosaic Covenant of law to the Abrahamic Covenant of grace
did not set aside the (land) promise of the Abrahamic Covenant,

and has nothing to do with the New Covenant or any supposed "principles"-- freely manufactured by you and enjoying no Biblical authority--to support your personal theology.

You're confusing covenants with prophetic promises.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Who made that rule?

And yet today, as we speak, God's irrevocable gifts and call are being fulfilled in a remnant
(Romans 11:1-5, 25), and not in Orthodox Jews.
That is a rule of language. A promise made to ABSOLUTELY ALL of a group CANNOT be fulfilled by giving it to only PART of that group. If the promise had only been made to the group as a whole, then a fulfillment to a remnant could indeed be a fulfillment of that promise. But when the promise was EXPLICITLY made to "all" the group, "all of it," THAT promise CANNOT be fulfilled in a partial manner.

YOU have invented OUT OF THIN AIR, a "rule" that a fulfillment to a remnant would be a fulfillment of such a promise. But no such "rule" is stated anywhere in the entire Bible. And that "rule" contradicts he EXPLICIT STATEMENTS of a God who CANNOT lie. It is strictly your PRIVATE INTERPRETATION of the meaning of what God said.

You falsely accuse US of "interpreting" the prophecies in the Bible to fit OUR doctrine. But the truth is, that YOU are the one interpreting these prophecies to fit YOUR doctrine. For simply believing what the Bible actually SAYS is not "interpreting" it. But claiming it DOES NOT MEAN what it actually says IS interpreting it.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is a rule of language.
Well, evidently God didn't get the memo, because his promises to all Israel are being fulfilled in a remnant only. . .as we speak.

By your "rule of language," a whole lot of prophecy goes out the window. . .like Amos 9:11-12 and Jeremiah 31:31-34.

• Winner
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God has PROMISED that He will bring absolutely all of them back. And He has PROMISED that even sin cannot cancel that promise. So your cavils are meaningless.
Are you sure about that?

He also PROMISED Canaan to Abraham personally, he PROMISED Canaan to Isaac personally, and he PROMISED Canaan to Jacob personally, and they did not possess a foot of groud there (Acts 7:5), none of them received the things promised (Hebrews 11:13, 39).

It's not my "cavils" that are meaningingless.

• Winner
Upvote 0