Gboko
✟48,224.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Go and learn what this means: I desire mercy [that is, readiness to help those in trouble] and not sacrifice and sacrificial victims. For I came not to call and invite [to repentance] the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God), but sinners (the erring ones and all those not free from sin). [Hos. 6:6.]" (Matthew 9:13 AMPC)

God delights in showing mercy unto us. What then hinder us from obtaining mercy from Him? Our pride and knowledge of things. It is difficult for a proud person to request for mercy. Also, when you feel that you have expertise in something, you don't ask for help.
It takes humility of heart to request for mercy. So the scripture say "But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6 NKJV). God sets Himself against the proud and opposes Him, but He shows lovingkindness and mercy to the humble at heart. In order to be a perpetual candidate of God's mercy, you must first ask Him to uproot pride from your heart and give you a humble heart.
"who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear," (Hebrews 5:7 NKJV)
While He was on earth, though He were God, Jesus prayed to God the Father for help. After taking on human form, He perpetually depended on God for everything ( John 8:28). He was humble to the point of death.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes God wants to reveal and release his mercy and not only mercy as it's defined but goodness too! Just yesterday my wife and I were talking about this. We were talking about how back a few years ago a preacher had as a theme song in ministry, "Something Good Is Going to Happen To You!"

Strangely they came a resistance and a criticism of it's usage of people many of them even Christians saying, "Yeah but....."

It seemed they didn't like the song ever to be sung. They didn't stop to consider though that perhaps the most famous Psalm in the scripture states ....in the last verse of Psalm 23 we read, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life" So imagine if in Psalm 23 we take out verse 1...The Lord is our Sheppard??? Nobody I'm sure would want that, and yet the statement "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life" IS IN THE SAME PSALM.

Now does everyone experience the reality of goodness and mercy manifested? Nope. The scriptures does however reveal what we need to check for and examine ourselves and a variety of other things could be said as to why certain type mercies don't manifest. For the reason that they don't though isn't evidence that God wouldn't have done so.

Upvote 0
Jul 8, 2020
Gboko
✟48,224.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes God wants to reveal and release his mercy and not only mercy as it's defined but goodness too! Just yesterday my wife and I were talking about this. We were talking about how back a few years ago a preacher had as a theme song in ministry, "Something Good Is Going to Happen To You!"

Strangely they came a resistance and a criticism of it's usage of people many of them even Christians saying, "Yeah but....."

It seemed they didn't like the song ever to be sung. They didn't stop to consider though that perhaps the most famous Psalm in the scripture states ....in the last verse of Psalm 23 we read, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life" So imagine if in Psalm 23 we take out verse 1...The Lord is our Sheppard??? Nobody I'm sure would want that, and yet the statement "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life" IS IN THE SAME PSALM.

Now does everyone experience the reality of goodness and mercy manifested? Nope. The scriptures does however reveal what we need to check for and examine ourselves and a variety of other things could be said as to why certain type mercies don't manifest. For the reason that they don't though isn't evidence that God wouldn't have done so.
Oh, that the goodness and mercy of God follow us all the days of our lives. The mercy of God is a mystery I desire to understand more and more.

Upvote 0