Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm pretty confused as to God's purpose for my life.

All I know right now is God wants be to be close to a certain friend.

Purpose as in "why you exist" or purpose as in, "what God wants us to do"?

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Both.

But mostly the first question, as I feel the second leads to a lot of cookie-cutter answers.

Your sole purpose, or the reason you exist in life is the have a relationship with God. God wants to show you his love, and he wants you to love him back. That is our main reason for being here. As for what God want's you to do, that will be revealed as your relationship develops with God. As you grow with him, he will start to show you things he would like for you to do.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your sole purpose in life is the have a relationship with God. God wants to show you his love, and he wants you to love him back. That is our main reason for being here. As for what God want's you to do, that will be revealed as your relationship develops with God. As you grow with him, he will start to show you things he would like for you to do.

The OP was not asking about OUR purpose. They were asking about God's purpose.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Both.

But mostly the first question, as I feel the second leads to a lot of cookie-cutter answers.

The answer to both would be to give God glory.

We were created in his image as manifestations of His glory and to have dominion over the Earth. In recognition of that, we commune with Him and give Him praise. Sadly His creations (us) and the communion we were able to have got tainted with sin.

So now that Jesus gave us a way to overcome sin and gain eternal life with so that we can commune with God like how we did before sin entered, God wants us to show His glory by being a witness for God to others, in word and in deed. Through that, we display the manifestation of His Spirit to the world, and God gets the praise for providing a way to connect and finally be with Him again.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

All I know right now is God wants me to be close to a certain friend.
Paul wrote in Ephesians to be no unwise but understanding what the will of God is. So there are only two states for a believer: Knowing what the will of God is, or being in a state of being unwise about most things.
When people don't know the will of God it is mainly that they don't spend enough time with God to find out. He said that we seek Him with all our hearts we will find Him. So if a professing believer has not found God then the believer must not be seeking God with all his heart. Many say a few prayers, much like knocking on God's door and running away before He has a chance to answer. But those who are prepared to spend the time seeking God and waiting before Him until He answers and makes things clear; these are the ones who come to know God's will for their lives and are no longer confused about it.

Others may give all the advice in the world, but it boils down to the person getting before God and spending the time for God to show him what His will is.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is the work that God requires from ALL of us:

John 6:28-29
Then they inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” 29Jesus replied, “This is the work of God: to believe in the One He has sent.

How do we believe in Christ:

John 14:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

thetruth0

Aug 28, 2017
Sydney
✟8,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is Clear. It is the Will of GOD is that none should Perish. This is referring to HIS Children only, as there are wheats (HIS Children) and there are tares.

When a person Perishes they die which is pointing to a physical death. For the reason that, all who die go to the ghost world called hell. Abraham's Bosom for HIS children and the depths of hell for a tare.

So, HIS will for you is to come out of the world and its systems of bondage, enter into HIS ARK of safety, and live without tasting death at all, so you can return to Eden with Spirit, soul and body intact, Transfigured in life and not after death.

This is the Christian race to Mileage ( mile age) and is the reason why our fathers lived hundreds of years in Genesis. They were eating the WORD of GOD into their Spirit being by Assimilating Divine Eucharistic Revelations into their Spirit Being which deposits immortal cells called Zoe in the body. These Zoe cells are the mustard (must add) seed which comes from hearing and Eating and assimilating the WORD of GOD.

The will of GOD for Man is found in Gen 1:28, and the only way to keep that commandment is to immortalise in life without tasting death at all.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

All I know right now is God wants me to be close to a certain friend.

Why do human beings have kids? Why did God say it was not good for man to be alone?

If you were alone in your own universe, when you eventually came to inventing other beings like your own self, how would that be? Would it not be the greatest possible thing to do?

Certainly moreso then imagining, inventing, anything else.

And, every single human level and above creature is so different, yet takes from God, and so mirrors to God.

When you have kids, they take features physical and otherwise from the mother and father.

'Everything is vanity' says the preacher.

Vanity can be good, in some circumstances.

Loneliness is bad, in all circumstances.

If... I may be so bold.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums