Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's kind of the problem with the book of Job. God didn't say what he was doing wrong. But He didn't just sic Satan on Job for the pleasure of watching him kill all his kids and torture Job either IMO. So that leaves us with various opinions I suppose.

No, it doesn't. We have the only opinion that counts, explicitly stated.

In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.
Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
-- Job 1

The word God used: Blameless.

As in "free from blame."

As in "nothing to be blamed for."

And here we have people trying to cast blame on a man God Himself said was blameless.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's kind of the problem with the book of Job. God didn't say what he was doing wrong. But He didn't just sic Satan on Job for the pleasure of watching him kill all his kids and torture Job either IMO. So that leaves us with various opinions I suppose.

I don't know what that meant.

But as I just said, there is only one opinion that counts:

Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” -- Job 1

• Agree
Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0