Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Remember too that it was written before the law was given so the friends also contain the seeds of legalism in all their forms. Another outline for God's people. But I'll have more time tonight. G'day

Yet Job "sacrificed" for his children, on their behalf. In addition, Abel offered sacrifices as well.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet Job "sacrificed" for his children, on their behalf. In addition, Abel offered sacrifices as well.
Job sacrificed for his children, Abel sacrificed to God, and God made Job sacrifice for his friends. Was it about placing him in a priestly role? Idk.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job sacrificed for his children, Abel sacrificed to God, and God made Job sacrifice for his friends. Was it about placing him in a priestly role? Idk.

It is akin to that, as Job was sacrificing on behalf of his children, and as head of his own household.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure what your post has to do with my post that you quoted.
Ok I gotta tel ya some unrelated facts I’ve come across lately. Holiness is fire which is sanctification but the fire is from the Spirit of God the Father. It comes from setting oneself apart to God. Light, being 3-fold is felt as heat (red) more than seen at any time.
Amber (yellow) light is glory produced from the alloy of silver and gold. It’s produced by yielding to Christ. Amazing grace. Light seen but not felt, witnesses of Jesus, "who hath declared the Father"
Blue is the righteousness and in me estimation belongs to the Holy Spirit. Actinic. Neither seen nor felt but whose presence is revealed by it's effects in a chemical reaction, which produces changes, as in photography. This witnesses to the Holy Spirit Who is known for Her wonderful operations. :)
Anyway it’s the rainbow effect. (as opposed to the butterfly effect of metamorphosis?)
You figure it out. Gotta rush ^_^

Red corresponds to the body, amber to the neck that supports the head and blue to the head itself. Intelesting no?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok I gotta tel ya some unrelated facts I’ve come across lately. Holiness is fire which is sanctification but the fire is from the Spirit of God the Father. It comes from setting oneself apart to God. Light, being 3-fold is felt as heat (red) more than seen at any time.
Amber (yellow) is glory produced from the alloy of silver and gold. It’s produced by yielding to Christ. Amazing grace.
Blue is the righteousness Psalm 89:3 and in me estimation belongs to the Holy Spirit.
Anyway it’s the rainbow effect. (as opposed to the butterfly effect of metamorphosis?)
You figure it out. Gotta rush ^_^
unrelated facts
i agree.

It IS unrelated....

and you're on your own with that one..

• Haha
Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've found that any given scripture can be used by God for multiple purposes with multiple people and even with me. From one year to the next, I learn different things even from the same scripture as my life circumstances change and my life with God progresses.

So there isn't any single purpose to be claimed for any scripture.

Something I've noted in my more recent readings of Job is that Job is the specific scriptural example of the man who knows God through His creation.

Job is a Psalm 19 believer and the antithesis of those Paul speaks of in Romans 1. Unlike them, Job has recognized God in creation and acknowledged Him as God.

It's been long recognized by scholars that Job appears to have no connection to Abraham and there's not even a connection given to Noah or Adam--no geneology leading to anyone else in scripture is provided. Job is just out there as a believer unto himself.

I have noted that--uniquely to the book of Job--the discussion of God and His sovereignty is in terms of creation itself rather than covenants or promises or deeds done for patriarchs. Nowhere else does God identify Himself solely in terms of His creation of the stars, His creation of the great beasts of sea and land, His control of the great forces of nature. In Job, God is the creator and master of the universe, and that's how Job knows Him.

In the book of Job, God is not the God of Abraham or the "God of your forefathers." God is the God of creation, the Sovereign of the Universe. The opening vignette of God commanding Satan reminds us that Satan is also firmly under God's dominion.

This is identified by Job himself when he assigns all that happens to him--good and bad--as happening under God's authority: "The Lord gives, the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." And the scripture immediately affirms that by acknowledging the Lord's authority over all matters, pleasant and unpleasant, Job has not "blamed" God.

So within Job we see the total sovereighty of God given in all areas. And we should also note from the New Testament perspective given in Colossians 1 that God as we see Him in Job is actually God the Son. This becomes more poignant in Job 9 when Job cries out for a "mediator between God and me who can lay hands upon us both," and we realize (thanks to Hebrews 9) that the Mediator Job calls for is Jesus. Job doesn't know the name of Jesus, but he knows he needs Jesus.

Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His glory.

Oh, without a question, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE that we were given the Book of Job for God's glory! One might say that about the entirety of the Scriptures; but The Book of Job certainly declares His glory! Within that, I believe His Absolute Sovereignty is one of the most powerful attributes of His glory that He brings out through the Book of Job. The clear subordination in place of satan who can't do anything without God's permission is certainly another message that God shares here very clearly. That is something that is confirmed again when Jesus is speaking to Peter about satan's request to sift Peter like wheat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is interesting to note in Job 29 why God spoke of him as being righteous and to understand the dismay that Job felt because mere ‘months’ previously vs 2 he had enjoyed so much privilege with God and it was suddenly taken away. I think we can see the reason for that in vs 14 when it details being ‘clothed with righteousness ‘that he ‘put on’ Paul describes that as a putting on the armor of light. Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, Part 1

Putting on the armour of truth, righteousness, salvation, the gospel, faith etc. are shields against the devil’s fiery darts but the sword of the word of God is meant to fight against it.

Putting on Jesus is not the same as having Christ in us and us in Him. For one thing Jesus is the name used for His earthly ministry, from baby to the cross, from cross to grave, but …. from grave to sky He is Christ. Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you think God's reason(s) for sharing the Book of Job were?
It is a wonderful book telling us how far God will go just to help one person take the next step in their spiritual development even if they are far down the path to perfection.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, without a question, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE that we were given the Book of Job for God's glory! One might say that about the entirety of the Scriptures; but The Book of Job certainly declares His glory! Within that, I believe His Absolute Sovereignty is one of the most powerful attributes of His glory that He brings out through the Book of Job. The clear subordination in place of satan who can't do anything without God's permission is certainly another message that God shares here very clearly. That is something that is confirmed again when Jesus is speaking to Peter about satan's request to sift Peter like wheat.
And why didn't Jesus pray likewise pray for Judas (just like he did for Peter), who was also moved by Satan

JOH 13:26 Jesus answered, "It is he to whom I shall give this morsel when I have dipped it." So when he had dipped the morsel, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.
27 Then after the morsel, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, "What you are going to do, do quickly."

Poor Judas. Not really needing an answer to this. Sovereignty in Job works for me. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think God's reason(s) for sharing the Book of Job were?

I believe the reasons can be:
1. It demonstrates that no matter what happens, those who are loyal to God, will have everything ok in the end.
2. It demonstrates that Satan doesn’t know as much as God and that Satan was wrong and God right.
3. It demonstrates that Satan is evil person who tortures and kills, if God allows it.
4. It demonstrates that God rules even Satan and Satan could not have done anything, if God would not have allowed it.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've often thought the Book of Job is perhaps one of the most interesting books in the Bible. No it doesn't seem to deal with essential beliefs of salvation but it kind of rolls back the spirit realm and gives us a short glimpse of something that took place and how it effected a man on the earth. In kind of a way it reminds me of when Jesus said to Peter that Satan demanded to sift him as wheat. Lk 22:51 It makes one ponder how much of anything is mere coincidental of events that take place in our lives good or bad. Might the Lord tell us some day there were conversations going on about you in the spirit realm all the time? Really gives us something to think about to stay spiritually sober serving God all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And why didn't Jesus pray likewise pray for Judas (just like he did for Peter), who was also moved by Satan

JOH 13:26 Jesus answered, "It is he to whom I shall give this morsel when I have dipped it." So when he had dipped the morsel, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.
27 Then after the morsel, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, "What you are going to do, do quickly."

Poor Judas. Not really needing an answer to this. Sovereignty in Job works for me. :)

Not really trying to start a debate, but to me Judas and Peter were very very very different, starting with Judas was stealing from Jesus and Judas underhandedly was making a deal to turn him over.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really trying to start a debate, but to me Judas and Peter were very very very different, starting with Judas was stealing from Jesus and Judas underhandedly was making a deal to turn him over.

Yes. Peter was "sifted like wheat." I'm not sure what that means in mechanical terms, but it's different from what scripture says about Judas: "Satan entered Judas" -- Luke 22

It also says that Judas was perfidious continually and from the beginning, whereas Peter was impulsive and often unthinking, but not perfidious.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Peter was "sifted like wheat." I'm not sure what that means in mechanical terms, but it's different from what scripture says about Judas: "Satan entered Judas" -- Luke 22

It also says that Judas was perfidious continually and from the beginning, whereas Peter was impulsive and often unthinking, but not perfidious.

Nice big word: "perfidious". I had to look it up. I'm just a commoner. It fits well. I thank God for definition checking on the internet!

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've found that any given scripture can be used by God for multiple purposes with multiple people and even with me. From one year to the next, I learn different things even from the same scripture as my life circumstances change and my life with God progresses.

So there isn't any single purpose to be claimed for any scripture.

Something I've noted in my more recent readings of Job is that Job is the specific scriptural example of the man who knows God through His creation.

Job is a Psalm 19 believer and the antithesis of those Paul speaks of in Romans 1. Unlike them, Job has recognized God in creation and acknowledged Him as God.

It's been long recognized by scholars that Job appears to have no connection to Abraham and there's not even a connection given to Noah or Adam--no geneology leading to anyone else in scripture is provided. Job is just out there as a believer unto himself.

I have noted that--uniquely to the book of Job--the discussion of God and His sovereignty is in terms of creation itself rather than covenants or promises or deeds done for patriarchs. Nowhere else does God identify Himself solely in terms of His creation of the stars, His creation of the great beasts of sea and land, His control of the great forces of nature. In Job, God is the creator and master of the universe, and that's how Job knows Him.

In the book of Job, God is not the God of Abraham or the "God of your forefathers." God is the God of creation, the Sovereign of the Universe. The opening vignette of God commanding Satan reminds us that Satan is also firmly under God's dominion.

This is identified by Job himself when he assigns all that happens to him--good and bad--as happening under God's authority: "The Lord gives, the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." And the scripture immediately affirms that by acknowledging the Lord's authority over all matters, pleasant and unpleasant, Job has not "blamed" God.

So within Job we see the total sovereighty of God given in all areas. And we should also note from the New Testament perspective given in Colossians 1 that God as we see Him in Job is actually God the Son. This becomes more poignant in Job 9 when Job cries out for a "mediator between God and me who can lay hands upon us both," and we realize (thanks to Hebrews 9) that the Mediator Job calls for is Jesus. Job doesn't know the name of Jesus, but he knows he needs Jesus.

Thanks for giving me a lot of things to think about!

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So do you think that Satan can 'demand to sift every one of us like wheat' even when there is no just cause????? Isn't that a bit like saying "God scourges every son whom he loves"....just because he likes to beat all of us kids even when we've never did anything wrong? I'm inclined to suspect that there's more than that involved here concerning Peter and Judas.

Doesn't this verse seem to say that Jesus kept them all safe, but then lost Judas on purpose so that scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

I'm still leaning toward sovereignty, but maybe someone has more scripture to help.

Upvote 0