newburgh
✟113,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The God who created the universe is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Bible tells us that those who believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not only heirs to the Promise God made to Abram, LKA Abraham, as stated in Galatians 3:29, they become part of God’s Heritage. Not a bad club to belong to, some might say.

Before Jesus appeared to us, only those who directly descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and those who associated with them, were aware of God’s Promise and His Heritage. Then Jesus opened the eyes of anyone who listened to him and his disciples, making them realize that they too can benefit from God, even though they are not of a direct lineage or association with same.

How does one know this? In fact, how does one know, even, that they are under a threat of condemnation if they DON”T accept that they can be heirs to the Promise God made to Abraham in Genesis 12:1-3, and they can be members of God’s Heritage as described in Deuteronomy 32:9? Because Jesus, in Mark 16:15-16 says to his disciples, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but WHOEVER DOES NOT BELIEVE WILL BE CONDEMNED...”

Even if Jesus didn’t appear among us to save us, we would still know that those who were not descended from Abraham can be his heirs according to God’s Promise. God in Genesis 12:2-3 says to Abraham, “...I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS YOU...” And, to the extent that God permits us to reason as he does in Isaiah 1:18, we could safely presume that whoever God blesses would be part of His Heritage, since, after all, would it be reasonable for God to deny that they are part of His Heritage if they are so blessed?

And so, we come to Ephesians 1: 13-14 where Paul says, “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.”

Until we acquire possession of it? Question: Is acquiring such possession a matter of faith or of works? Think about it.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The God who created the universe is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Bible tells us that those who believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not only heirs to the Promise God made to Abram, LKA Abraham, as stated in Galatians 3:29, they become part of God’s Heritage. Not a bad club to belong to, some might say.

Before Jesus appeared to us, only those who directly descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and those who associated with them, were aware of God’s Promise and His Heritage. Then Jesus opened the eyes of anyone who listened to him and his disciples, making them realize that they too can benefit from God, even though they are not of a direct lineage or association with same.

How does one know this? In fact, how does one know, even, that they are under a threat of condemnation if they DON”T accept that they can be heirs to the Promise God made to Abraham in Genesis 12:1-3, and they can be members of God’s Heritage as described in Deuteronomy 32:9? Because Jesus, in Mark 16:15-16 says to his disciples, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but WHOEVER DOES NOT BELIEVE WILL BE CONDEMNED...”
Even if Jesus didn’t appear among us to save us, we would still know that those who were not descended from Abraham can be his heirs according to God’s Promise. God in Genesis 12:2-3 says to Abraham, “...I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS YOU...” And, to the extent that God permits us to reason as he does in Isaiah 1:18, we could safely presume that whoever God blesses would be part of His Heritage, since, after all, would it be reasonable for God to deny that they are part of His Heritage if they are so blessed?
Specifically, what does "those who bless you" mean?
And so, we come to Ephesians 1: 13-14 where Paul says, “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.”

Until we acquire possession of it? Question: Is acquiring such possession a matter of faith or of works? Think about it.

Upvote 0

newton3005

Jun 29, 2019
newburgh
✟113,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Specifically, what does "those who bless you" mean?
According to Gill's Exposition, at Genesis 12:3 Commentaries: And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." it means "Not the priests only that should bless his children, the children of Israel, as the Targum of Jonathan, but all men of all nations, and of every age, that speak well of him, commend him for his faith and holiness, and tread in his steps, these are blessed with faithful Abraham, " That pretty much means everyone that would bless Abraham and those who are connected to him, and who would follow in Abraham's steps at some stage in time, and leading up to the Christians who as Pagans have signed on, so to speak, to worshipping the one God, and to succeeding generations of Christians.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to Gill's Exposition, at Genesis 12:3 Commentaries: And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." it means "Not the priests only that should bless his children, the children of Israel, as the Targum of Jonathan, but all men of all nations, and of every age, that speak well of him, commend him for his faith and holiness, and tread in his steps, these are blessed with faithful Abraham, " That pretty much means everyone that would bless Abraham and those who are connected to him, and who would follow in Abraham's steps at some stage in time, and leading up to the Christians who as Pagans have signed on, so to speak, to worshipping the one God, and to succeeding generations of Christians.
So back to the OP and
"we could safely presume that whoever God blesses would be part of His Heritage, since, after all, would it be reasonable for God to deny that they are part of His Heritage if they are so blessed?"

There are two kinds of blessing--material and spiritual.
God grants material blessings to those who are not part of his heritage (Mt 5:45), so whoever God blesses would not necessarily be a part of his heritage.

Upvote 0