• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

God's Presence

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Bob Wille, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Bob Wille

Bob Wille Well-Known Member

+744
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You have shown me the way of life,

and you will fill me with the joy of your presence.”

Acts 2:28

“Having the answers is not essential to living.

What is essential is the sense of God’s presence

during dark seasons of questioning.”

~ Ravi Zacharias

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,507
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Ravi is right. (God bless this man's legacy, and ALL that he has done in the Lord's name).

God's presence is even more dear than he described, however. If we are to DELIGHT in thd Lord our God, and precious Father, Who delights in us, and rejoices over us with singing, We delight in just beinb in His presence.....no "reason" and not requesting anything, but to "seek His face", and that is because we DO love Him with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength. Let us pray that THAT is our hearts desire above EVERYTHING else.

Everything AFTER that will just fall into place, peripherally, as we gaze on His precious and beloved face with "spiritual eyes", so to speak.

Thank you for posting this. It's a blessing on this cold-ish, overcast, breezy Tuesday afternoon, January 19, 2021.

This verse comes to mind: ".....the joy of the Lord is your strength".

(i miss my desk top computer....i'm thankful for this ipad, but using it is like learning a remote, obscure language. LOL! ) ^_^

3. Bob Wille

+744
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you for your great response to my posts.
    You mentioned Ravi. I had what will probably be the high point in my Christian
    life in the year 2000. Billy Graham had a worldwide, one-week evangelistic conference in Amsterdam, Holland. My wife and I were volunteers at the event. All the "who's who" in Christiandome were there. Ravi is just one of the many well known Christian leaders who I encountered.
    And to think that we will be spending eternity with God...but also with other fellow believers like you and me. WOW!!!

4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,507
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Ravi did much for God, and God used him mightily. He used Billy Graham mightily as well. That IS a memorable event for you and your wife!!! i always remember to especially pray for God's messengers (pastors and ministers and preachers like Billy Graham and Ravi Zacharias, etc.) because Satan has them "targeted" BIG TIME, and wants them to "stumble" for all the world to see....especially now, as 2021 commences.

Thank you for your response and sharing about the event in 2000.

God bless you.

5. Bob Wille

+744
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you for responding, brinny. I always enjoy hearing from you.
    And may God bless you richly as well.