simonpeter

Jan 30, 2010
✟16,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shalom!

People say everything happens according to God's plan. What do they mean by it, exactly? For me, God's plan means he has planned every event in an individual's life in such a way that certain people would eventually become believers and thus reach heaven; while others would move in the opposite direction. And our free will merely fits into God's plan and does not determine anything by itself.

Is this right?

Simon

Deut 5:29

Dec 10, 2009
✟2,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shalom!

People say everything happens according to God's plan. What do they mean by it, exactly? For me, God's plan means he has planned every event in an individual's life in such a way that certain people would eventually become believers and thus reach heaven; while others would move in the opposite direction. And our free will merely fits into God's plan and does not determine anything by itself.

Is this right?

Simon

In a word; NO.

Upvote 0

DrFrank

May 20, 2010
✟494.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
That's a very strict Calvinist interpretation which even very few Presbyterians,modern day Calvinists, would support.Since I was raised in the Presbyterian church,I am favorably inclined toward John Calvin's teachings but I think it is important to realize that we all not only have been given the free will to accept or reject Jesus but in fact that is the reason why we were created;to see which path we choose to walk down or up as our free choice dictates.

Upvote 0