GOD'S PEOPLE ARE TO BE A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Looking at this portion here Are you saying that what has been shared with me is quotes of the scriptures and nothing else? I see a lot of quotes of scriptures, but I also see a lot of your own words which are not scripture quotations. What is it that you are saying is verbatim?
To be honest I do not understand why your not able to understand what has been written to you here. You part quote me saying "You have only been provided scripture which supports what has been shared with you verbatim... " but leave the rest of the context out to what I was talking about. Here is that part quote you took from my post when put back in context which reads...
LoveGodsWord wrote: You have only been provided scripture which supports what has been shared with you verbatim and that is love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise *Matthew 22:36-40 (quoting Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18); Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3; Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27; Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.
What do you think my post is saying once context is added back in (highlighted in red above)? -It is saying that scripture says verbatim that love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to Gods' law fulfilling the letter of the law. Love (the Spirit of the law) therefore fulfills the letter of the law which is God's new covenant promise to all those who believe and follow Gods Word.

Take Care

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for writing back to me. I'm planning to go back to Post 298, unless you want me to respond to this post first.
You should give a detailed response to all my posts as I do for you. As it helps the discussion so there is no misunderstandings

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@LoveGodsWord
Do you want me to respond to posts 341 and 342 before continuing on with post 298??
There is some overlap between my posts to you Leaf. It should not take you too long to respond from Post 298 forwards which is showing that we cannot keep the Spirit of the law without fulfilling the letter of the law.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have only been provided scripture which supports what has been shared with you verbatim and that is love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise *Matthew 22:36-40 (quoting Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18); Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3; Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27; Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

As posted earlier all you have really said here Leaf is that you disagree with the scriptures shared with you without showing why you disagree. How is that a response to the posts you are quoting from that show from the scriptures that love is not separate from God's law and that love is expressed through obedience to God's law which in turn fulfills the letter of the law in those who have been born again into God's new covenant promise to walk in His Spirit? Yet everything that is shared with you here is God's Word not my words that you disagree with your words that are not Gods' Word. I can understand your unwillingness to discuss the topic or answer the questions asked of you but how do you suppose we can continue a discussion if you disregard or hand waive away the scriptures shared with you that disagree with your teachings?

Let's talk about your claims here where you state that Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8 give a different interpretation to the scriptures provided above that show love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise.

The scriptures you provide and your argument and interpretation is as follows...

[1]. Galatians 5:14 says [4], For all the law is fulfilled [past tense] in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself [present tense active].

links to...

[2]. Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another [present tense active] hath fulfilled the law [past tense].

Your claim here is that the Greek word "fulfilled" shows that the law is fulfilled in the past tense . Now how does this disagree with anything that has been shared with you? It' doesn't but allow me to show why by looking at both tenses in the scripture, because when we love God with all of our heart, mind and soul and our neighbor as our self this is the Spirit of the law that fulfills the letter of the law and what it means to fulfill (obey) God's law.

Let's talk about the tenses in context to the scripture in Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8-10. Paul is not saying we love once past tense and all the law is fulfilled and we can continue to sin (break Gods law - 1 John 3:4). The application to "fulfilled" past tense to the law in Galatians 5:14 is when we love present tense. So when we love present tense the law is fulfilled. This is also made very clear in Romans 13:8 where Paul says "for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law." It is loving or to love in the present tense that fulfills Gods' law. This is made clear in Romans 13:10 where Paul says that love is the "fulfilling" (keeping or doing) the law. Does this make sense to you? Love is present tense is resulting in the law being fulfilled in the past tense by obeying what Gods' word says. No one can claim to love God therefore according to the scriptures by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments as shown directly in *Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3. John goes on further to say that those who claim to know God while breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them in 1 John 2:3-4 and that those who practice known unrepentant sin (breaking God's law) and those who do not practice sin is the difference the children of God and the children of the devil in 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Paul demonstrates this in Romans 13:8-10 where he shows us that love is expressed and fulfilled in doing what God's law say..

Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law [past tense]. [9], FOR THIS (or what this means), THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly SUMMED UP IN THE SAYING, NAMELY THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law [present tense active].

The Greek word used here for fulfilling of the law is πλήρωμα and means keeping the law or completing the law. The Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Thayer says for G4138 — πλήρωμα equivalent to πλήρωσις (see καύχημα, 2), i. e. a fulfilling, keeping: τοῦ νόμου (see πληρόω, 2 c. α.), Rom 13:10. For a full discussion of this word see Fritzsche, Ep. ad Romans, ii., p. 469ff; (especially Lightfoot's Commentary on Colossians, p. 257ff).

What you seem to be missing from Romans 13:9 as Paul is stating verbatim is that "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself is simply summing up those commandments in God's 10 commandments that are our duty of love to our neighbor which is what he is quoting from in God's 10 commandments.

No this is what scripture says verbatim so it is God's Word not my words that you deny with your words that are not God's Word and is the context of the scriptures you leave out in only looking at Romans 13:8 while disregarding Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40 and 1 John 5:2-3. While ignoring those scriptures showing that Gods' saints obey God's law in 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-10; Romans 3:31 Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14 etc..

It is Gods' Word (not my words) that show that love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise

What God Word says...

Matthew 22:36-40 [36], Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Jesus is not saying that love is separate from God's law he is says that on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets which is what Gods' Word says that are not my words but Gods' Word which have been simply repeated to you verbatim. Paul agrees with Jesus when he says...

Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law [past tense]. [9], FOR THIS (or what this means), THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly SUMMED UP IN THE SAYING, NAMELY THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law [present tense active].

Paul is agreeing with Jesus and not saying that love is separate from God's law he is says that love is expressed in obedience to Gods law and says that if we love another we will obey those commandments in God's 10 commandments (letter of the law) that show us how we are to love our fellow man by quoting those commandments verbatim. Paul is showing that to love our neighbor as our self is simply summing up those commandments in God's law that show us how we are to love our fellow man. These once again are God's Word not my words which have only been repeated to you from the scriptures. James also agrees with Jesus and Paul where he says...

James 2:8-12 [8], If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:[9], But if ye have respect to persons, YOU COMMIT SIN, AND ARE CONVINCED OF THE LAW AS TRANSGRESSORS. [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit NO ADULTERY, yet if thou KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

James agrees with Jesus and Paul where he links loving our neighbor as our self to obedience to all those commandments in Gods 10 commandments (letter of the law) that show us our duty of love to our neighbor. Once again these are God's Word not my words which have only been repeated to you from the scriptures verbatim. John also agrees with Jesus Paul and James where he says...

1 John 5:2-3 [2], By this we know that we love the children of God, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [3], FOR THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: and his commandments are not grievous.

John also agreeing with Jesus, Paul, James and John (5x different witnesses from the scriptures including Jesus) all in agreement showing that love is not separate from obedience to Gods' law. Love is expressed in obedience to God's law which fulfills the letter of the law. Once again these are God's Word not my words which have only been repeated to you from the scriptures verbatim.

Now what is it that you disagree with here from the scriptures that have been shared with you?

And now looking at this part

You have only been provided scripture which supports what has been shared with you verbatim and that is love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise *Matthew 22:36-40 (quoting Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18); Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3; Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27; Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

I'm assuming that you're using "verbatim" here to mean "word for word".

I'm not aware of this string of words, word for word, in the scriptures:
"...love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise."

If that (word for word) is found in a translation that you have, what translation is it?

If those words (word for word) are not found in the scriptures, then I would call it an interpretation.

Whether or not it is the best interpretation is what I am attempting to assess, as fairly as possible.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As posted earlier all you have really said here Leaf is that you disagree with the scriptures shared with you without showing why you disagree. How is that a response to the posts you are quoting from that show from the scriptures that love is not separate from God's law and that love is expressed through obedience to God's law which in turn fulfills the letter of the law in those who have been born again into God's new covenant promise to walk in His Spirit? Yet everything that is shared with you here is God's Word not my words that you disagree with your words that are not Gods' Word. I can understand your unwillingness to discuss the topic or answer the questions asked of you but how do you suppose we can continue a discussion if you disregard or hand waive away the scriptures shared with you that disagree with your teachings?

Let's talk about your claims here where you state that Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8 give a different interpretation to the scriptures provided above that show love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise.

The scriptures you provide and your argument and interpretation is as follows...

[1]. Galatians 5:14 says [4], For all the law is fulfilled [past tense] in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself [present tense active].

links to...

[2]. Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another [present tense active] hath fulfilled the law [past tense].

Your claim here is that the Greek word "fulfilled" shows that the law is fulfilled in the past tense . Now how does this disagree with anything that has been shared with you? It' doesn't but allow me to show why by looking at both tenses in the scripture, because when we love God with all of our heart, mind and soul and our neighbor as our self this is the Spirit of the law that fulfills the letter of the law and what it means to fulfill (obey) God's law.

Let's talk about the tenses in context to the scripture in Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8-10. Paul is not saying we love once past tense and all the law is fulfilled and we can continue to sin (break Gods law - 1 John 3:4). The application to "fulfilled" past tense to the law in Galatians 5:14 is when we love present tense. So when we love present tense the law is fulfilled. This is also made very clear in Romans 13:8 where Paul says "for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law." It is loving or to love in the present tense that fulfills Gods' law. This is made clear in Romans 13:10 where Paul says that love is the "fulfilling" (keeping or doing) the law. Does this make sense to you? Love is present tense is resulting in the law being fulfilled in the past tense by obeying what Gods' word says. No one can claim to love God therefore according to the scriptures by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments as shown directly in *Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3. John goes on further to say that those who claim to know God while breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them in 1 John 2:3-4 and that those who practice known unrepentant sin (breaking God's law) and those who do not practice sin is the difference the children of God and the children of the devil in 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Paul demonstrates this in Romans 13:8-10 where he shows us that love is expressed and fulfilled in doing what God's law say..

The Greek word used here for fulfilling of the law is πλήρωμα and means keeping the law or completing the law. The Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Thayer says for G4138 — πλήρωμα equivalent to πλήρωσις (see καύχημα, 2), i. e. a fulfilling, keeping: τοῦ νόμου (see πληρόω, 2 c. α.), Rom 13:10. For a full discussion of this word see Fritzsche, Ep. ad Romans, ii., p. 469ff; (especially Lightfoot's Commentary on Colossians, p. 257ff).

What you seem to be missing from Romans 13:9 as Paul is stating verbatim is that "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself is simply summing up those commandments in God's 10 commandments that are our duty of love to our neighbor which is what he is quoting from in God's 10 commandments.

No this is what scripture says verbatim so it is God's Word not my words that you deny with your words that are not God's Word and is the context of the scriptures you leave out in only looking at Romans 13:8 while disregarding Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40 and 1 John 5:2-3. While ignoring those scriptures showing that Gods' saints obey God's law in 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-10; Romans 3:31 Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14 etc..

It is Gods' Word (not my words) that show that love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise

What God Word says...

Matthew 22:36-40 [36], Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Jesus is not saying that love is separate from God's law he is says that on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets which is what Gods' Word says that are not my words but Gods' Word which have been simply repeated to you verbatim. Paul agrees with Jesus when he says...

Paul is agreeing with Jesus and not saying that love is separate from God's law he is says that love is expressed in obedience to Gods law and says that if we love another we will obey those commandments in God's 10 commandments (letter of the law) that show us how we are to love our fellow man by quoting those commandments verbatim. Paul is showing that to love our neighbor as our self is simply summing up those commandments in God's law that show us how we are to love our fellow man. These once again are God's Word not my words which have only been repeated to you from the scriptures. James also agrees with Jesus and Paul where he says...

James 2:8-12 [8], If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:[9], But if ye have respect to persons, YOU COMMIT SIN, AND ARE CONVINCED OF THE LAW AS TRANSGRESSORS. [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit NO ADULTERY, yet if thou KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

James agrees with Jesus and Paul where he links loving our neighbor as our self to obedience to all those commandments in Gods 10 commandments (letter of the law) that show us our duty of love to our neighbor. Once again these are God's Word not my words which have only been repeated to you from the scriptures verbatim. John also agrees with Jesus Paul and James where he says...

1 John 5:2-3 [2], By this we know that we love the children of God, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [3], FOR THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: and his commandments are not grievous.

John also agreeing with Jesus, Paul, James and John (5x different witnesses from the scriptures including Jesus) all in agreement showing that love is not separate from obedience to Gods' law. Love is expressed in obedience to God's law which fulfills the letter of the law. Once again these are God's Word not my words which have only been repeated to you from the scriptures verbatim.

Now what is it that you disagree with here from the scriptures that have been shared with you?

(I wrote this earlier but was waiting to see if you wanted me to continue with Post 298 before I posted it.)

And looking at this part

...and that is love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law...

Are you saying that when a person keeps the letters of the law then they are loving?

And conversely, if a person is not keeping the letters of the law, then they are not loving?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm assuming that you're using "verbatim" here to mean "word for word". I'm not aware of this string of words, word for word, in the scriptures: "...love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise." If that (word for word) is found in a translation that you have, what translation is it? If those words (word for word) are not found in the scriptures, then I would call it an interpretation. Whether or not it is the best interpretation is what I am attempting to assess, as fairly as possible.
Verbatim as I am using it is word for word not string of words for string of words and not sentence for sentence like your saying. We cannot know the meanings of God's Word unless we prayerfully pray for God to guide us and lead us through the Spirit of the Word *John 6:63; John 17:17; John 14:26; John 16:13. There are two methods that many people seem to use and only one of them is a correct method of studying God's Word although even so without God's guidance and help we cannot know the truth of God's Word. Exegesis is the method of studying the scriptures that reads out of the scriptures the meaning of the scriptures which is how we should all use to know the meaning of the scriptures. However, there are many false teachings in the world today within Christianity because the majority of people use a different method of studying the scriptures called eisegesis. Unlike exegesis, the second method of study, eisegesis tries to read into the scriptures what the scripture is not saying or does not mean.

Now with the above in mind, when I am applying verbatim (word for word) in context to the scriptures saying that "Love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law". This meaning was pulled from the scriptures and not read into the scriptures like some do. For example in post # 298, you were provided the scriptures that show that ""Love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law" which were as follows...

Then we followed on with what was taken out of the scriptures scriptures provided above with some practical questions that you did not respond to for practical application in post # 299 as follows...

@Leaf473 lets add on to this a little further and apply what Paul says in Romans 13:8-10 applied in a different way simply as a discussion. As posted earlier Paul says in

Are you seriously going to try and argue here that we can love God while breaking his commandments?

For example considering what Paul says above in Romans 13:8-10; Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40; James in James 2:8-10 and John in 1 John 5:2-3 etc as shown in the post above this one, in your view....

Do you love God by having other Gods?
Do you love God by making idols and bowing down to worship them?
Do you love God by taking Gods' name in vain?
Do you love God by breaking his holy Sabbath day?
Do you love your parents by dishonoring them?
Do you love your neighbor by killing them?
Do you love your neighbor by committing adultery with their spouse?
Do you love your neighbor by stealing from them?
Do you love your neighbor by lying to them?
Do you love your neighbor by coveting their belongings?

Hope this adds some clarity to the discussion. The above are all the letter of the law which love is expressed in obedience through in the Spirit of the law which is God's new covenant promise from Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27 in all those who have been born of the Spirit to believe and follow God's Word *Galatians 5:16; 1 John 3:6-9.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that when a person keeps the letters of the law then they are loving?
No I have never said any such thing. The scribes and the Pharisees kept the letter of the law without the Spirit of the law and Jesus says they are like dead mens bones on the outside appearing righteous to men but dead on the inside committing sin. I have only posted to you that "Love, which is the Spirit of the law, is not separate from God's law. Love is expressed in obedience to God' law, resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law" in all those who have been born again to believe and follow God's Word.
And conversely, if a person is not keeping the letters of the law, then they are not loving?
This is a "depends" or yes and no answer, but let me explain why from the scriptures. It is not that simple because in Christ all of us are at different stages of Christian growth and in the knowledge of Gods' Word that we are to live by and according to the scriptures in times of ignorance God winks at but when he gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word he calls all men everywhere to believe and follow what His Word says *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31. It is only as we receive a knowledge of the truth of God's Word and we choose to reject it in order to continue in known unrepentant sin that we are accountable for sin and in danger of the judgement *James 4:17; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-31. So for example as a new born babe in Christ we do not know much about Gods' Word. We only know the very basics called the milk of the Word *1 Peter 2:2; Hebrews 5:12 so as long as we are living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to us at any particular point of time we are only held accountable for the sins that we know about and what we know is right according to the scriptures *James 4:17. However, as we grow in the knowledge of God's Word then God holds us accountable to what we know not what we do not know in the scriptures. So if someone for example knows that sin is defined in the scriptures as the transgression of God's law or breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *James 2:10-11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4 and not believing and following God's Word *Romans 14:23 and chooses not to believe God's Word we can know that their fruit is sin and the wages of sin is death according to the scriptures and they are in danger of the judgement *Hebrews 10:26-31. No one can therefore claim to keep the Spirit of the law by breaking the letter of the law. By knowingly and continually breaking the letter of the law should be a warning to us that we do not keep the Spirit of the law (1 John 2:3-4; Matthew 7:16-21) and need to be born again into Gods new covenant promise (John 3:3-8; Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) because we are still in our sins because those who have been born again to keep the Spirit of the law do not practice known unrepentant sin according to 1 John 3:4-9.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

links to...

What God Word says...

Do you mean that I have been provided with scripture only?

If so, I would disagree. There are many things in your posts that are not scripture references or quotations of scripture.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

links to...

What God Word says...

When you say "letter of the law" above, which letters of which laws are you referring to?

I'm asking for a complete list. I don't think it should be difficult to produce. Maybe someone in the group you fellowship with has already made one.

A person can easily discuss Bible issues in theory. It's when it comes down to actual practices that theologies sometimes begin to unravel, imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean that I have been provided with scripture only? If so, I would disagree. There are many things in your posts that are not scripture references or quotations of scripture.
Let's be honest here Leaf. I said no such thing. I was referring to the scriptures (verbatim) teaching "Love, which is the Spirit of the law, is not separate from God's law, as Love is expressed through obedience to God' law, resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law" in all those who believe and follow God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be looking at the same part over and over without actually addressing anything and not understanding what has been written to you and why even though I have tried to explain the same thing over and over many time now. Perhaps you can pray about it.
When you say "letter of the law" above, which letters of which laws are you referring to? I'm asking for a complete list. I don't think it should be difficult to produce. Maybe someone in the group you fellowship with has already made one.
All law is a letter of the law before it becomes the Spirit of the law written in the heart through faith that works by love that results in obedience to Gods' law. My application and examples are directly applied to God's 10 commandments written with the finger of God on the two tables of stone that teach us how we are to love God and our fellow man. The answer to your question therefore is the same one Jesus gave in Matthew 4:4.
A person can easily discuss Bible issues in theory. It's when it comes down to actual practices that theologies sometimes begin to unravel, imo.
Sure but once again if our knowledge of the truth of God's Word is a false teaching to begin with we are building our house on the sand and not on the rock and great will be the fall of it according to Jesus in Matthew 7:22-27. According to the scriptures our salvation is in believing and following what Gods' Word says *John 17:17; John 8:31-36 and unless we are born again we will not see the Kingdom of heaven according to Jesus in John 3:3-7 because those who are born again according to John do not practice sin *1 John 3:6-9 defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing and following Gods' Word in James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23. According to John those who claim to know God while knowingly breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them *1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6 and of the same class as those Jesus tells to depart from him in Matthew 7:21-23 at the second coming. Gods' Word does not teach the false doctrine of lawlessness (without law) according to the scriptures.

Now your certainly a long way from addressing any the posts and scriptures shared with you Leaf that disagree with your teachings. If you do not want to address any of these posts and scriptures shared with you, of course you do not have to if you do not want to, but we should be careful not to ignore God's Words when they are shared with us as ignoring Gods' Word according to the scriptures does not make them disappear according to Jesus as they become our judge come judgement day in John 12:47-48, so we should all be careful to believe and follow what God's Word says. At the very least I hope our discussion has been helpful and a blessing to you.

Take Care :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The OP says that God's people "are to be" a royal priesthood, but that's not what Scripture says.

"But you are [present tense] a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The OP says that God's people "are to be" a royal priesthood, but that's not what Scripture says.

"But you are [present tense] a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9

Perhaps you have a misunderstanding. The OP's use of Gods' people "are to be" a royal priesthood is applied present tense. Another words if we are Gods' people we are a Royal Priesthood. The two are the same. That is God's people are the Royal Priesthood. Don't know where you have interpreted that I have said that Gods' people are to be a Royal Priesthood in the future anywhere in this thread as I have never said any such thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's be honest here Leaf. I said no such thing. I was referring to the scriptures (verbatim) teaching "Love, which is the Spirit of the law, is not separate from God's law, as Love is expressed through obedience to God' law, resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law" in all those who believe and follow God's Word.

Let's be honest here Leaf. I said no such thing.

Here is your exact quote I was working from in Post 298.

Shortening that sentence in order to isolate what the word "only" modifies,
You have only been provided scripture which supports what has been shared with you...

Are you intending to say that I have been provided only, and nothing in addition to "provided"? I haven't been quoted, for example?

Or are you intending to say that I have been provided scripture only, meaning nothing in addition to scripture?

only: misplaced modifier « GrammarErrors.com: Common English language errors

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be looking at the same part over and over without actually addressing anything and not understanding what has been written to you and why even though I have tried to explain the same thing over and over many time now. Perhaps you can pray about it.

I am looking at the same sentence so far, I yes. It's a long sentence. I am looking at different parts of it. I am going one step at a time because I understood you wanted me to address your Post 298 in great detail.

All law is a letter of the law before it becomes the Spirit of the law written in the heart through faith that works by love that results in obedience to Gods' law.

When you then talk about how we must keep the letter of the law, do you then mean that we are to keep the letter of all of the laws, including laws about animal sacrifices?

Based on other things you've written, I don't think you mean that.

I think you probably mean that we are to keep the letters of some of the laws, but not all of the laws.

If that's the case, please give the letters of those specific laws you believe we are to keep.

I think this is an important piece of information so that I can properly discuss your Post 298 in detail.

My application and examples are directly applied to God's 10 commandments written with the finger of God on the two tables of stone that teach us how we are to love God and our fellow man. The answer to your question therefore is the same one Jesus gave in Matthew 4:4.

Sure but once again if our knowledge of the truth of God's Word is a false teaching to begin with we are building our house on the sand and not on the rock and great will be the fall of it according to Jesus in Matthew 7:22-27. According to the scriptures our salvation is in believing and following what Gods' Word says *John 17:17; John 8:31-36 and unless we are born again we will not see the Kingdom of heaven according to Jesus in John 3:3-7 because those who are born again according to John do not practice sin *1 John 3:6-9 defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing and following Gods' Word in James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23.

According to John those who claim to know God while knowingly breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them *1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6 and of the same class as those Jesus tells to depart from him in Matthew 7:21-23 at the second coming. Gods' Word does not teach the false doctrine of lawlessness (without law) according to the scriptures.

Now your certainly a long way from addressing any the posts and scriptures shared with you Leaf that disagree with your teachings. If you do not want to address any of these posts and scriptures shared with you, of course you do not have to if you do not want to, but we should be careful not to ignore God's Words when they are shared with us as ignoring Gods' Word according to the scriptures does not make them disappear according to Jesus as they become our judge come judgement day in John 12:47-48, so we should all be careful to believe and follow what God's Word says. At the very least I hope our discussion has been helpful and a blessing to you.

Take Care :wave:

You take care as well, my friend! :amen: Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Upvote 0

GFGFGF

Sep 18, 2021
LA
✟479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD?

Hi all, according to the scriptures we are to be a Royal Priesthood and a holy nation. What do these scriptures mean? From what I can see through the scriptures it means that we are to be believers and followers of Gods' Word and be living ministers of the Word of God to all those around us.

THE ROYAL PRIESTHOOD IS TO BE HOLY?

1 Peter 2:5 You also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HOLY?

The Greek word used here describing the the Royal Priesthood as Holy is ἅγιος (hágios | G40) and means to be set apart, sinless (without sin) pure, upright and morally blameless,

Romans 7:12 says that God's 10 commandments are holy (ἅγιος (hágios | G40). Therefore obedience to God's commandments is the standard of holiness and the Royal Priesthood is obedient to God's commandments not disobedient to God's commandments which is the opposite of holy to unholy and unrighteous.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE UNHOLY?

The opposite of holy is unholy which is ἀνόσιος (anósios | G462) which means to be wicked or disobedient to God's law and Word and those who live this lifestyle receive the reward of the wicked

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for murderers,

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

SIN IS LINKED TO BEING UNHOLY?

Hebrews 10:26-29 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. [28], He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: [29], Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, with which he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite to the Spirit of grace?

Revelation 22:11-15 [11], He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. [12], And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. [13], I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. [14], Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. [15], For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and fornicators, and murderers, and idolaters, and whoever loves and makes a lie.

SIN IS BREAKING GOD'S LAW AND NOT BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING GOD'S WORD

According to the scriptures, sin in the scripture is linked to being unholy while to be holy is linked to being obedient to God's law and word. Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11.

GOD'S SAINTS ARE TO BE HOLY. SAME GREEK WORD USED FOR SAINTS AND HOLY

This is demonstrated further in Revelation 14:12 where the same Greek word for Holy (ἅγιος (hágios | G40) is used to describe Gods' saints who keep Gods' commandments where it says that Gods' saints (ἅγιος (hágios | G40) keep all the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 [12], Here is the patience of the saints: (ἅγιος (hágios | G40; Holy) here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus

Therefore holiness is directly linked to obedience to God's commandments according to the scriptures just the same as the Royal Priesthood.

WHAT IS THE DUTY OF THE ROYAL PRIESTHOOD?

The duty of the holy Royal Priesthood in the scriptures therefore are to be ministers of righteousness (moral right doing) and holiness in obedience to God's law and His Word. According to the scriptures, God's 10 commandments are the very standard of righteousness to God and man as it is written, "my tongue shall speak of your word all your commandments are righteousness *Psalms 119:172.

So it is God's commandments that are the very standard of moral right doing and holiness for without which no man shall see God *Hebrews 12:14. According to the scripture the Priesthood is defiled if the Priests practice sin and the Royal Priesthood is not in unrighteousness and unholiness but in holiness *1 Peter 2:5-9. So to claim we are a Royal Priesthood while breaking any one of God's 10 commandments which is both our duty of love to God and our fellow man is a claim that is not biblical.

RIGHTEOUSNESS BY FAITH AND THE WARNINGS OF HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4

God's law is not fulfilled in Christ so that we are now free to break Gods' law. According to the scriptures if we break anyone of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11. Hebrews 3:7 to Hebrews 4:1-11 is a warning therefore not to sin against God and to believe and follow God's Word not to disobey God's commandments and not believe His Word. This is why the people of God did not enter into God's "seventh day" Sabbath rest although it was created from the foundation of the world *Hebrews 3:7-8; 10-13; 18-19; Hebrews 4:1-6; 9-11. So to try and separate the Royal priesthood from holiness to which the scriptures link it to which is obedience to God's law and His Word and claim that we are Gods Royal Priesthood while being disobedient to God's law and not believing and following God's Word in unholiness and sin it not biblical according to the scriptures. Therefore I believe according to the scriptures that God's people being a Royal Priesthood means to be minister the Word of God in righteousness and holiness to all those we come in contact with.

What are your thoughts? What does it mean to be a Royal Priesthood to you?

God bless.
2 John 1:9
Whosoever transgresseth,
and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.
He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ,
he hath both the Father and the Son.

What is the doctrine of Christ?
What does it mean to abide in the doctrine of Christ?
What are your thoughts?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 John 1:9
Whosoever transgresseth,
and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.
He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ,
he hath both the Father and the Son.

What is the doctrine of Christ?
What does it mean to abide in the doctrine of Christ?
What are your thoughts?
Matthew 4:4

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But not every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God is spoken to you, so now what do you do?

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened to them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the world are come

All scripture is God's Word and we are to live by every word of them....

Matthew 4:4 [4], But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Jesus in Matthew 4:4 is quoting from Deuteronomy 8:3

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What is scripture and what is not scripture?
And not all scripture was spoken to you.
All the bible is Gods' Word (scripture). The scriptures posted to you earlier for example are referring to the old testament scriptures which was the bible in the days of Jesus and the Apostles. All scripture it says in 2 Timothy 3:16 is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. Jesus is quoting the scriptures of the old testament when he says "man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4 is quoting from Deuteronomy 8:3). All scripture is given for our admonition upon who the ends of the world have come. Therefore all scripture is written for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0