GOD'S PEOPLE ARE TO BE A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, let's start with Galatians 5:14

Galatians 5:14 Interlinear: for all the law in one word is fulfilled -- in this: 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;'

What tense is the word translated "fulfill" according to that website?

Please read and address the last two posts and scriptures you have simply ignored and disregarded earlier Leaf if you want to have a discussion from post # 298 and post # 299 linked. Your question here has already been answered in detail in post # 298 linked. Both the linked posts above show from the scriptures alone that God's new covenant promise of Love is not separate from God's law they are expressed in obedience to Gods' law, fulfilling the letter of the law

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Leaf473 lets add on to this a little further and apply what Paul says in Romans 13:8-10 applied in a different way simply as a discussion. As posted earlier Paul says in

Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law [past tense]. [9], FOR THIS (or what this means), THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly SUMMED UP IN THE SAYING, NAMELY THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law [present tense active].

Are you seriously going to try and argue here that we can love God while breaking his commandments?

For example considering what Paul says above in Romans 13:8-10; Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40; James in James 2:8-10 and John in 1 John 5:2-3 etc as shown in the post above this one, in your view....

Do you love God by having other Gods?
Do you love God by making idols and bowing down to worship them?
Do you love God by taking Gods' name in vain?
Do you love God by breaking his holy Sabbath day?
Do you love your parents by dishonoring them?
Do you love your neighbor by killing them?
Do you love your neighbor by committing adultery with their spouse?
Do you love your neighbor by stealing from them?
Do you love your neighbor by lying to them?
Do you love your neighbor by coveting their belongings?

Hope this adds some clarity to the discussion. The above are all the letter of the law which love is expressed in obedience through in the Spirit of the law which is God's new covenant promise from Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27 in all those who have been born of the Spirit to believe and follow God's Word *Galatians 5:16; 1 John 3:6-9.

Take Care.

In addition to the ten commandments, would you also like to discuss the letters of laws such as Leviticus 27:32?

I think you can make a good case as long as you just stick with the ten commandments. I think where your logic would begin to unravel is if we were to discuss in detail the letters of those other laws.

But I won't actually know that unless we actually do it. Do you like the idea?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In addition to the ten commandments, would you also like to discuss the letters of laws such as Leviticus 27:32?

I think you can make a good case as long as you just stick with the ten commandments. I think where your logic would begin to unravel is if we were to discuss in detail the letters of those other laws.

But I won't actually know that unless we actually do it. Do you like the idea?
See the post above yours. I do not see any point in having a discussion with you if your simply going to ignore my posts and scriptures shared with you and not respond to them as if I did not write anything to you.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please read and address the last two posts and scriptures you have simply ignored and disregarded earlier Leaf if you want to have a discussion from post # 298 and post # 299 linked. Your question here has already been answered in detail in post # 298 linked.
I believe you are saying it is the past tense. Am I understanding you correctly there?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See the post above yours. I do not see any point in having a discussion with you if your simply going to ignore my posts and scriptures shared with you and not respond to them as if I did not write anything to you.

Yes, I responded to that post. I believe you said my question was answered, so I wanted to be sure if I understood what your answer was.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe you are saying it is the past tense. Am I understanding you correctly there?

What do you think this means from post # 298?

Let's talk about your claims here where you state that Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8 give a different interpretation to the scriptures provided above that show love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise.

The scriptures you provide and your argument and interpretation is as follows...

[1]. Galatians 5:14 says [4], For all the law is fulfilled [perfect tense application to completed is past tense conditional to loving our neighbor] in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself [ongoing future active].

links to...

[2]. Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another [present tense active] hath fulfilled the law [perfect tense application to completed is past tense application is conditional to loving another].

Your claim here is that the Greek word "fulfilled" shows that the law is fulfilled in the past tense . Now how does this disagree with anything that has been shared with you? It' doesn't but allow me to show why by looking at both tenses in the scripture, because when we love God with all of our heart, mind and soul and our neighbor as our self this is the Spirit of the law that fulfills the letter of the law and what it means to fulfill (obey) God's law.

Let's talk about the tenses in context to the scripture in Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8-10. Paul is not saying we love once past tense and all the law is fulfilled and we can continue to sin (break Gods law - 1 John 3:4). The application to "fulfilled" past tense to the law in Galatians 5:14 is when we love present tense. So when we love present tense the law is fulfilled. This is also made very clear in Romans 13:8 where Paul says "for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law." It is loving or to love in the present tense that fulfills Gods' law. This is made clear in Romans 13:10 where Paul says that love is the "fulfilling" (keeping or doing) the law. Does this make sense to you? Love is present tense is resulting in the law being fulfilled in the past tense by obeying what Gods' word says. No one can claim to love God therefore according to the scriptures by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments as shown directly in *Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3. John goes on further to say that those who claim to know God while breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them in 1 John 2:3-4 and that those who practice known unrepentant sin (breaking God's law) and those who do not practice sin is the difference the children of God and the children of the devil in 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Paul demonstrates this in Romans 13:8-10 where he shows us that love is expressed and fulfilled in doing what God's law say..

Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law [past tense]. [9], FOR THIS (or what this means), THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly SUMMED UP IN THE SAYING, NAMELY THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law [present tense active].

The Greek word used here for fulfilling of the law is πλήρωμα and means keeping the law or completing the law. The Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Thayer says for G4138 — πλήρωμα equivalent to πλήρωσις (see καύχημα, 2), i. e. a fulfilling, keeping: τοῦ νόμου (see πληρόω, 2 c. α.), Rom 13:10. For a full discussion of this word see Fritzsche, Ep. ad Romans, ii., p. 469ff; (especially Lightfoot's Commentary on Colossians, p. 257ff).

What you seem to be missing from Romans 13:9 as Paul is stating verbatim is that "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself is simply summing up those commandments in God's 10 commandments that are our duty of love to our neighbor which is what he is quoting from in God's 10 commandments.

What do you think all the above means?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I responded to that post. I believe you said my question was answered, so I wanted to be sure if I understood what your answer was.
Let's be honest Leaf. You responded to the post while ignoring everything written in the post. You simply ignored and disregarded what was posted asking a question that was already answered in detail in the post you were quoting from. If you want to have a discussion please address post # 298 and post # 299 linked. Your question here has already been answered in detail in post # 298 linked. Both the linked posts above show from the scriptures alone that God's new covenant promise of Love is not separate from God's law they are expressed in obedience to Gods' law, fulfilling the letter of the law. Of course you are free to believe what ever you wish as that is between you and God. Please do not pretend your wanting to have a discussion on the scriptures while ignoring my posts and scriptures shared with you in this discussion. If your not interested in a discussion on the scriptures with me just say so. I am sure we both have better things to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think this means from post # 298?

Let's talk about your claims here where you state that Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8 give a different interpretation to the scriptures provided above that show love is not separate from God's law it is expressed in obedience to God' law resulting in the fulfilling of the letter of the law in those who have been born again to walk in the Spirit of the law through God's new covenant promise.

The scriptures you provide and your argument and interpretation is as follows...

[1]. Galatians 5:14 says [4], For all the law is fulfilled [past tense] in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself [present tense active].

links to...

[2]. Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another [present tense active] hath fulfilled the law [past tense].

Your claim here is that the Greek word "fulfilled" shows that the law is fulfilled in the past tense . Now how does this disagree with anything that has been shared with you? It' doesn't but allow me to show why by looking at both tenses in the scripture, because when we love God with all of our heart, mind and soul and our neighbor as our self this is the Spirit of the law that fulfills the letter of the law and what it means to fulfill (obey) God's law.

Let's talk about the tenses in context to the scripture in Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8-10. Paul is not saying we love once past tense and all the law is fulfilled and we can continue to sin (break Gods law - 1 John 3:4). The application to "fulfilled" past tense to the law in Galatians 5:14 is when we love present tense. So when we love present tense the law is fulfilled. This is also made very clear in Romans 13:8 where Paul says "for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law." It is loving or to love in the present tense that fulfills Gods' law. This is made clear in Romans 13:10 where Paul says that love is the "fulfilling" (keeping or doing) the law. Does this make sense to you? Love is present tense is resulting in the law being fulfilled in the past tense by obeying what Gods' word says. No one can claim to love God therefore according to the scriptures by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments as shown directly in *Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3. John goes on further to say that those who claim to know God while breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them in 1 John 2:3-4 and that those who practice known unrepentant sin (breaking God's law) and those who do not practice sin is the difference the children of God and the children of the devil in 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Paul demonstrates this in Romans 13:8-10 where he shows us that love is expressed and fulfilled in doing what God's law say..

The Greek word used here for fulfilling of the law is πλήρωμα and means keeping the law or completing the law. The Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Thayer says for G4138 — πλήρωμα equivalent to πλήρωσις (see καύχημα, 2), i. e. a fulfilling, keeping: τοῦ νόμου (see πληρόω, 2 c. α.), Rom 13:10. For a full discussion of this word see Fritzsche, Ep. ad Romans, ii., p. 469ff; (especially Lightfoot's Commentary on Colossians, p. 257ff).

What you seem to be missing from Romans 13:9 as Paul is stating verbatim is that "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself is simply summing up those commandments in God's 10 commandments that are our duty of love to our neighbor which is what he is quoting from in God's 10 commandments.

What do you think all the above means?

Your claim here is that the Greek word "fulfilled" shows that the law is fulfilled in the past tense .

No, that is not my claim.

I believe you have misunderstood my claim, which is based on the Greek tense used there. I think this is why you feel that I did not answer your posts.

This is also why I am going back and proceeding forward again very carefully step by step.

What tense is the word translated "fulfill" according to this website?

Galatians 5:14 Interlinear: for all the law in one word is fulfilled -- in this: 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;'

The answer you gave, "past tense", is incorrect, or at least imprecise.

Would you like help looking at the website? I would be glad to look at it with you.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's be honest Leaf. You responded to the post while ignoring everything written in the post. You simply ignored and disregarded what was posted asking a question that was already answered in detail in the post you were quoting from. If you want to have a discussion please address post # 298 and post # 299 linked. Your question here has already been answered in detail in post # 298 linked. Both the linked posts above show from the scriptures alone that God's new covenant promise of Love is not separate from God's law they are expressed in obedience to Gods' law, fulfilling the letter of the law. Of course you are free to believe what ever you wish as that is between you and God. Please do not pretend your wanting to have a discussion on the scriptures while ignoring my posts and scriptures shared with you in this discussion. If your not interested in a discussion on the scriptures with me just say so. I am sure we both have better things to do.
I did not ignore everything written in the post, I addressed the juncture at which our reasoning from those scriptures differs.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
..............................No, that is not my claim. I believe you have misunderstood my claim, which is based on the Greek tense used there. I think this is why you feel that I did not answer your posts. This is also why I am going back and proceeding forward again very carefully step by step.

Please be honest here. It was exactly your claim and was exactly what you said and what I answered was in response to what you said. Posted by you the first time...
Exactly! The one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled (perfect tense, if I'm reading the website right) the law. Romans 13:8 Interlinear: To no one owe anything, except to love one another; for he who is loving the other -- law he hath fulfilled, Of course, we don't want to leave out the parallel to Romans 13, Galatians 5:14. If I'm reading it right, it too speaks of the law all ready fulfilled in the past tense by loving our neighbor. Galatians 5:14 Interlinear: for all the law in one word is fulfilled -- in this: 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;'
Responded to and answered with detailed scripture response provided in post # 298 and post # 299 linked that you ignored. Then posted by you today after my response to you in the linked posts above....
Well, let's start with Galatians 5:14 Galatians 5:14 Interlinear: for all the law in one word is fulfilled -- in this: 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;' What tense is the word translated "fulfill" according to that website?
and again here after my response to your claims to "fulfilled" in post # 298 and post # 299 linked ...
What tense is the word translated "fulfill" according to this website? Galatians 5:14 Interlinear: for all the law in one word is fulfilled -- in this: 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;' The answer you gave, "past tense", is incorrect, or at least imprecise. Would you like help looking at the website? I would be glad to look at it with you.
The answer I give past tense was to your original question to the use of "fulfilled" from Galatians 5:14 not "fulfill" that I responded to in your first post and question. Your simply ignoring my posts, and my questions and the scriptures that disagree with your teachings and posted new questions and content that have nothing to do with our earlier discussion claiming misunderstanding when there was no misunderstandings. If you really want a discussion please address the posts, questions and scriptures you have ignored in post # 298 and post # 299 linked and let's not pretend there is misunderstanding when there has not been any while trying to change the subject matter in the linked posts from fulfilled to fulfill which is content we were never discussing to begin with.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did not ignore everything written in the post, I addressed the juncture at which our reasoning from those scriptures differs.
As shown through the scriptures shared with you earlier in post # 298 and post # 299 linked, you did no such thing. Of course if you disagree please respectfully address the linked posts above in detail that disagree with you, as I have done with all of your posts. Until then we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please be honest here. It was exactly your claim and was exactly what you said and what I answered was in response to what you said. Posted by you the first time...

Responded to and answered with detailed scripture response provided in post # 298 and post # 299 linked that you ignored. Then posted by you today after my response to you in the linked posts above....

and again here after my response to your claims to "fulfilled" in post # 298 and post # 299 linked ...

The answer I give past tense was to your original question to the use of "fulfilled" from Galatians 5:14 not "fulfill" that I responded to in your first post and question. Your simply ignoring my posts, and my questions and the scriptures that disagree with your teachings and posted new questions and content that have nothing to do with our earlier discussion claiming misunderstanding when there was no misunderstandings. If you really want a discussion please address the posts, questions and scriptures you have ignored in post # 298 and post # 299 linked and let's not pretend there is misunderstanding when there has not been any while trying to change the subject matter in the linked posts from fulfilled to fulfill which is content we were never discussing to begin with.

Take Care.

The answer I give past tense was to your original question to the use of "fulfilled" from Galatians 5:14

Your answer is incorrect, or at the very least imprecise.

Peace be with you, my friend. I hear your frustration, you have spent loads of time writing long posts rebutting something that I didn't say. I extend the hand of friendship to you.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As shown through the scriptures shared with you earlier in post # 298 and post # 299 linked, you did no such thing. Of course if you disagree please respectfully address the linked posts above in detail that disagree with you, as I have done with all of your posts. Until then we will have to agree to disagree.
We can agree to disagree, if you wish. I don't think there's a necessity for it at this time.

If you would like help with the Greek grammar, I *may* be able to help you. I'm certainly not an expert myself :)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
.........................Your answer is incorrect, or at the very least imprecise. Peace be with you, my friend. I hear your frustration, you have spent loads of time writing long posts rebutting something that I didn't say. I extend the hand of friendship to you.

Sorry dear friend but I respectfully disagree. It is you who is incorrect. I posted exactly what you said verbatim in post # 310 and it is there for all to see. Which was responded to with a detailed scriptures response provided in post # 298 and post # 299 linked that you simply choose to ignore and not want to discuss in detail that proves why your teachings are not biblical. Anyhow you do not have to discuss these scriptures if you do not want to. Perhaps others might benefit from them. It only shows me however that your not really here for a discussion if I am being honest with you if your unwilling to discuss my posts and the scriptures in them that disagree with you.

Greek and Hebrew word meanings and grammar in scriptures separated from scripture contexts and without God's guidance of His Spirit can lead to faulty interpretation of the scriptures. If you have studied Greek or Hebrew you should know that word meanings and grammar separated from context to which they are applied to can lead to faulty interpretation of scripture The Greek Word Πεπλήρωται used for the English application to "fulfilled" is indeed past tense to completed action because it is in the perfect tense application being perfect indicative used in the middle or passive third person singular (completed action or something that has happened past tense). This Greek application is only used 5x in the new testament in the perfect indicative mood all showing past tense completed application. This is agreeing with what was shared with you earlier showing that when we love (which needs to be ongoing) we fulfill Gods' law or when we love, Gods' law is "fulfilled" (completed action/perfect tense - past tense).

Application therefore to Galatians 5:14 is "For all the law is "fulfilled" [completed action in the past is perfect tense] in one word, even in this; "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" [conditional and future indicative active 3rd person singular on going when we to love. Another words when we love (ongoing) we fulfill God's law]. So if we love our neighbor as our self we fulfill God's law or Gods law is fulfilled when we love our neighbor as our self which is context application.

As posted earlier, the tenses applied to context to the scriptures in Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8-10 are not saying we love once past tense and all the law is fulfilled and we can continue to sin (break Gods law - 1 John 3:4). The application to "fulfilled" past tense to the law in Galatians 5:14 is when we love present tense. So when we love present tense the law is fulfilled. This is also made very clear in Romans 13:8 where Paul says "for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law." It is loving or to love in the present tense that fulfills or completes Gods' law. This is made clear in Romans 13:10 where Paul says that love is the "fulfilling" (keeping or doing) the law. Love in the present tense is resulting in the law being fulfilled in the past tense by obeying what Gods' word says.

No one can claim to love God therefore according to the scriptures by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments as shown directly in *Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3. John goes on further to say that those who claim to know God while breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them in 1 John 2:3-4 and that those who practice known unrepentant sin (breaking God's law) and those who do not practice sin is the difference the children of God and the children of the devil in 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Commentaries on Galatians 5:14 agreeing with what has already been shared with you here.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon STRONGS NT 4137 - (Galatians 5:14 "fulfilled")
To carry into effect, bring to realization, realize; α. of matters of duty, to perform, execute: τόν νόμον, Romans 13:8; Galatians 5:14; τό δικαίωμα τοῦ νόμου, passive, ἐν ἡμῖν, among us, Romans 8:4; πᾶσαν δικαιοσύνην, Matthew 3:15 (εὐσέβειαν, 4 Macc. 12:15); τήν ἔξοδον (as something appointed and prescribed by God), Luke 9:31. β. of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish; so in the phrases ἵνα or ὅπως πληρωθῇ ἡ γραφή, τό ῤηθέν, etc. (el. Knapp, Seripta var. Arg., p. 533f): Matthew 1:22; Matthew 2:15, 17, 23; Matthew 4:14; Matthew 8:17; Matthew 12:17; Matthew 13:35; Matthew 21:4; Matthew 26:54, 56; Matthew 27:9, 35 Rec.; Mark 14:49; Mark 15:28 (which verse G T WH omits; but Tr brackets it); Luke 1:20; Luke 4:21; Luke 21:22 Rec.; ; John 12:38; John 13:18; John 15:25; John 17:12; John 18:9, 32; John 19:24, 36; Acts 1:16; Acts 3:18; Acts 13:27; James 2:23 (1 Kings 2:27; 2 Chronicles 36:22). γ. universally and absolutely, to fulfil, i. e. "to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment": Matthew 5:17; cf. Weiss, Das Matthäusevang. as above with, p.146f (Compare: ἀναπληρόω, ἀνταναπληρόω, προσαναπληρόω, ἐκπληρόω, συμπληρόω.)

Let's talk more when you want to spend some time addressing post # 298 and post # 299 as well as this current post showing why you agree or disagree with what has already been shared with you from the scriptures. Until then we will agree to disagree as I do not believe what you have shared here is biblical as shown why from these three posts. I hope our conversation has been helpful to you however and you can pray about what has been shared with you already and that all my posts might be helpful and give you something to prayerfully consider.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry dear friend but I respectfully disagree. It is you who is incorrect. I posted exactly what you said verbatim in post # 310 and it is there for all to see. Which was responded to with a detailed scriptures response provided in post # 298 and post # 299 linked that you simply choose to ignore and not want to discuss in detail that proves why your teachings are not biblical. Anyhow you do not have to discuss these scriptures if you do not want to. Perhaps others might benefit from them. It only shows me however that your not really here for a discussion if I am being honest with you if your unwilling to discuss my posts and the scriptures in them that disagree with you.

Greek and Hebrew word meanings and grammar in scriptures separated from scripture contexts and without God's guidance of His Spirit can lead to faulty interpretation of the scriptures. If you have studied Greek or Hebrew you should know that word meanings and grammar separated from context to which they are applied to can lead to faulty interpretation of scripture The Greek Word Πεπλήρωται used for the English application to "fulfilled" is indeed past tense to completed action because it is in the perfect tense application being perfect indicative used in the middle or passive third person singular (completed action or something that has happened past tense). This Greek application is only used 5x in the new testament in the perfect indicative mood all showing past tense completed application. This is agreeing with what was shared with you earlier showing that when we love (which needs to be ongoing) we fulfill Gods' law or when we love, Gods' law is "fulfilled" (completed action/perfect tense - past tense).

Application therefore to Galatians 5:14 is "For all the law is "fulfilled" [completed action in the past is perfect tense] in one word, even in this; "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" [conditional and future indicative active 3rd person singular on going when we to love. Another words when we love (ongoing) we fulfill God's law]. So if we love our neighbor as our self we fulfill God's law or Gods law is fulfilled when we love our neighbor as our self which is context application.

As posted earlier, the tenses applied to context to the scriptures in Galatians 5:14 and Romans 13:8-10 are not saying we love once past tense and all the law is fulfilled and we can continue to sin (break Gods law - 1 John 3:4). The application to "fulfilled" past tense to the law in Galatians 5:14 is when we love present tense. So when we love present tense the law is fulfilled. This is also made very clear in Romans 13:8 where Paul says "for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law." It is loving or to love in the present tense that fulfills or completes Gods' law. This is made clear in Romans 13:10 where Paul says that love is the "fulfilling" (keeping or doing) the law. Love in the present tense is resulting in the law being fulfilled in the past tense by obeying what Gods' word says.

No one can claim to love God therefore according to the scriptures by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments as shown directly in *Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; 1 John 5:2-3. John goes on further to say that those who claim to know God while breaking his commandments are liars and the truth is not in them in 1 John 2:3-4 and that those who practice known unrepentant sin (breaking God's law) and those who do not practice sin is the difference the children of God and the children of the devil in 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Commentaries on Galatians 5:14 agreeing with what has already been shared with you here.

To carry into effect, bring to realization, realize; α. of matters of duty, to perform, execute: τόν νόμον, Romans 13:8; Galatians 5:14; τό δικαίωμα τοῦ νόμου, passive, ἐν ἡμῖν, among us, Romans 8:4; πᾶσαν δικαιοσύνην, Matthew 3:15 (εὐσέβειαν, 4 Macc. 12:15); τήν ἔξοδον (as something appointed and prescribed by God), Luke 9:31. β. of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish; so in the phrases ἵνα or ὅπως πληρωθῇ ἡ γραφή, τό ῤηθέν, etc. (el. Knapp, Seripta var. Arg., p. 533f): Matthew 1:22; Matthew 2:15, 17, 23; Matthew 4:14; Matthew 8:17; Matthew 12:17; Matthew 13:35; Matthew 21:4; Matthew 26:54, 56; Matthew 27:9, 35 Rec.; Mark 14:49; Mark 15:28 (which verse G T WH omits; but Tr brackets it); Luke 1:20; Luke 4:21; Luke 21:22 Rec.; ; John 12:38; John 13:18; John 15:25; John 17:12; John 18:9, 32; John 19:24, 36; Acts 1:16; Acts 3:18; Acts 13:27; James 2:23 (1 Kings 2:27; 2 Chronicles 36:22). γ. universally and absolutely, to fulfil, i. e. "to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment": Matthew 5:17; cf. Weiss, Das Matthäusevang. as above with, p.146f (Compare: ἀναπληρόω, ἀνταναπληρόω, προσαναπληρόω, ἐκπληρόω, συμπληρόω.)

Let's talk more when you want to spend some time addressing post # 298 and post # 299 as well as this current post showing why you agree or disagree with what has already been shared with you from the scriptures. Until then we will agree to disagree as I do not believe what you have shared here is biblical as shown why from these three posts. I hope our conversation has been helpful to you however and you can pray about what has been shared with you already and that all my posts might be helpful and give you something to prayerfully consider.

Take Care.
Yes, now you are using the phrase "perfect tense".

So just to be clear, what is your answer to my question here
Well, let's start with Galatians 5:14

What tense is the word translated "fulfill" according to that website?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Take Care.
But tell me my friend, would you rather that I write long responses in response to your long posts?

I like my posts to be read by persons in addition to yourself. Since it's well known that many people will not read a long post
(note the TL; DR meme :) ),
I would want to break up my long response into a series of short posts.

Would you like our discussion to proceed in that format?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, now you are using the phrase "perfect tense".

So just to be clear, what is your answer to my question here
The perfect tense verb "fulfilled is applied to past tense action (completed action) conditional to the ongoing action of Love. Your question has already been answered. Why don't you read it (see post # 298; post # 299 and post # 314 - "fulfilled and fulfill" linked). Please stop asking question already answered in the posts already sent you. It makes me think you are not reading anything I am posting to you hence not really interested or here for a discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But tell me my friend, would you rather that I write long responses in response to your long posts?

I like my posts to be read by persons in addition to yourself. Since it's well known that many people will not read a long post
(note the TL; DR meme :) ),
I would want to break up my long response into a series of short posts.

Would you like our discussion to proceed in that format?

Yes I would rather you address my posts section by section and scripture by scripture as I do with your posts. This way it helps discussion and reduces opportunity for misunderstanding and examines the detail agreeing with the scripture admonitions of John 3:19-21 that says [19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20], For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21], But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God. We should not be afraid therefore to come to the light of Gods' Word and examine what we believe in detail in case we might have a misunderstanding of the scriptures. It is the detail of the Word of God as we are prayerfully guided by His Spirit the leads us into the truth of Gods' Word *John 14:26; John 16:13; John 17:17; John 7:17; John 8:31-32; 1 John 2:27. If you could start with post # 298; post # 299 and post # 314 it would be helpful. I did spend some time in these posts to be a help to you and the discussion here.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The perfect tense verb "fulfilled is applied to past tense action (completed action) conditional to the ongoing action of Love. Your question has already been answered. Why don't you read it (see post # 298; post # 299 and post # 314 - "fulfilled and fulfill" linked). Please stop asking question already answered in the posts already sent you. It makes me think you are not reading anything I am posting to you hence not really interested or here for a discussion.

The perfect tense verb...

Yes, that's the answer, Perfect tense.

..."fulfilled is applied to past tense action (completed action) conditional to the ongoing action of Love.

I'm having difficulty following what you're saying here. Maybe you're saying something way off base, or maybe you're seeing something in the verse that I'm not seeing.

It sounds like you're saying that there is this completed action in the past. But then whether or not it is completed is conditional on something happening in the present.

Your question has already been answered. Why don't you read it (see post # 298; post # 299 and post # 314 - "fulfilled and fulfill" linked).

I didn't see the phrase "present tense" until post 314. This was confirmed using the search function on my browser.

I had asked you what the tense was according to the website that I had linked.

That website does not give "past tense" as an option.

Based on that website, one or two words would have been fine for the answer. If an answer is embedded in a long post, I may ask for clarification.

Please stop asking question already answered in the posts already sent you. It makes me think you are not reading anything I am posting to you hence not really interested or here for a discussion.

I think it is critical that it be "perfect tense" as opposed to a "past tense" which is not listed as an option either at Bible hub or in the Greek manual I consulted.

So I kept asking because I didn't want our discussion to end with you thinking that I hadn't read your posts.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that's the answer, Perfect tense.
I'm having difficulty following what you're saying here. Maybe you're saying something way off base, or maybe you're seeing something in the verse that I'm not seeing.

It sounds like you're saying that there is this completed action in the past. But then whether or not it is completed is conditional on something happening in the present

I didn't see the phrase "present tense" until post 314. This was confirmed using the search function on my browser.

I had asked you what the tense was according to the website that I had linked.

That website does not give "past tense" as an option.

Based on that website, one or two words would have been fine for the answer. If an answer is embedded in a long post, I may ask for clarification.

I think it is critical that it be "perfect tense" as opposed to a "past tense" which is not listed as an option either at Bible hub or in the Greek manual I consulted.

So I kept asking because I didn't want our discussion to end with you thinking that I hadn't read your posts.
Ok let me try and break it down. In the next post for you if it might be helpful, although I will be only stating what has already been said in the earlier posts to you but in a simplified manner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0