RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the scriptures, I see God's love revealed toward all humanity as He desires everyone to see that the heavens declare His glory, nature speaks of Him, and Jesus personally demonstrated the love of God by paying for the sins of the world and calls all to respond to Him according to the revelation they have been given. Yet, some teach that God's love is not for everyone...

7334efa092aab5541c660b24c9e14e9f--tulip-calvinism-daisies.jpg

Share your thoughts.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Share your thoughts.
"thoughts"

What does YHWH Say ? What are YHWH'S Revealed thoughts, plan, purpose ?

How many on earth are under judgment ?

How many on earth ever repent to be able to experience YHWH'S LOVE ?

How many on earth, according to YHWH'S WORD (ALL of HIS WORD),
ever
repent so they might share in eternal life ?

Jesus was crucified . How many on earth do not re-crucify Him every day , thus not being able to have any more atonement for their sin ? (no forgiveness possibe)

Jesus was raised from the dead, never to die again, and ascended in to heaven,
and before He sat at the Right Hand of the Throne of YHWH,
He completed the Atonement , according to His Word ,
for everyone who loves God, who is called according to His Purpose -

for everyone who willingly "comes to Jesus".

How many is that, according to God's Word (THE BIBLE ) ?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In the scriptures, I see God's love revealed toward all humanity as He desires everyone to see that the heavens declare His glory, nature speaks of Him, and Jesus personally demonstrated the love of God by paying for the sins of the world and calls all to respond to Him according to the revelation they have been given. Yet, some teach that God's love is not for everyone...

Share your thoughts.
I think that you misrepresent Calvinism. But I also have seen that it's not an issue for you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
some teach that God's love is not for everyone...
God's love is for everyone. Our Apostle Paul says,

"For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:10)

So, yes God is "the Savior of all men". But also he says, "especially of those who believe."

So, if God is everyone's "Savior", why are people not all becoming blessed the way the Bible is saying we children of God become blessed???? Why are ones choosing not to believe, while others choose to believe? If all are equal . . . why are people choosing such different ways with different results??

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So, if God is everyone's "Savior", why are people not all becoming blessed the way the Bible is saying we children of God become blessed???? Why are ones choosing not to believe, while others choose to believe? If all are equal . . . why are people choosing such different ways with different results??
And,
when ekklesia start living as the disciples did in the New Testament, following Jesus,
why do others oppose them instead of welcoming the blessings YHWH pours into and through their lives ? (healing, salvation, life-giving testimony, overcoming the enemy, etc etc etc )

i.e. they (ekklesia) are blessed, with every spiritual blessing, exactly as written n God's Word, but opposed by most everyone in society....

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that you misrepresent Calvinism. But I also have seen that it's not an issue for you.
I am willing to listen (or read) if you want to tell me how you think I am misrepresenting Calvinism. Did, according to Calvinism, Jesus die only for the sins of a select group (defined as the elect by Calvinists)? Does God choose some ( defined as the elect) for salvation and eternal life, regenerating them and causing them to have faith in Christ, while the rest of humanity are left in their sinful state to proceed to eternal damnation, without opportunity to be regenerated or believe the gospel?

FIRST HEAD: ARTICLE 6. That some receive the gift of faith from God, and others do not receive it, proceeds from God's eternal decree. "For now unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15:18 A.V.). "who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will" (Eph 1:11). According to which decree He graciously softens the hearts of the elect, however obstinate, and inclines them to believe; while He leaves the non-elect in His just judgment to their own wickedness and obduracy.

FIRST HEAD: ARTICLE 7. Election is the unchangeable purpose of God, whereby, before the foundation of the world, He has out of mere grace, according to the sovereign good pleasure of His own will, chosen from the whole human race, which had fallen through their own fault from the primitive state of rectitude into sin and destruction, a certain number of persons to redemption in Christ, whom He from eternity appointed the Mediator and Head of the elect and the foundation of salvation.

Historic Church Documents at Reformed.org

Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's love is for everyone. Our Apostle Paul says,

"For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:10)

So, yes God is "the Savior of all men". But also he says, "especially of those who believe."

Yes, Paul does say especially of those who believe in agreement with many other scriptures which show repentance and faith in Christ is necessary before the saving work of Christ is applied to one's life.
The scriptures reveal that Lucifer, although he knew who God was and saw His goodness and love firsthand he rejected it due to pride and the desire to exalt self over God. I believe this is the reason that many refuse to respond to God's love and reject the gospel.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Share your thoughts.
I might have to borrow that graphic. It's too good

Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, Paul does say especially of those who believe in agreement with many other scriptures which show repentance and faith in Christ is necessary before the saving work of Christ is applied to one's life.
The scriptures reveal that Lucifer, although he knew who God was and saw His goodness and love firsthand he rejected it due to pride and the desire to exalt self over God. I believe this is the reason that many refuse to respond to God's love and reject the gospel.
Yes somewhat.

But let's not forget Satan KNOWS God exists. That is much different from those who don't believe

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
FIRST HEAD: ARTICLE 6. That some receive the gift of faith from God, and others do not receive it, proceeds from God's eternal decree. "For now unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15:18 A.V.). "who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will" (Eph 1:11). According to which decree He graciously softens the hearts of the elect, however obstinate, and inclines them to believe; while He leaves the non-elect in His just judgment to their own wickedness and obduracy.

FIRST HEAD: ARTICLE 7. Election is the unchangeable purpose of God, whereby, before the foundation of the world, He has out of mere grace, according to the sovereign good pleasure of His own will, chosen from the whole human race, which had fallen through their own fault from the primitive state of rectitude into sin and destruction, a certain number of persons to redemption in Christ, whom He from eternity appointed the Mediator and Head of the elect and the foundation of salvation.
Now, tell me what that has to do with the meme?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes somewhat.

But let's not forget Satan KNOWS God exists. That is much different from those who don't believe
That's true Satan does know, but I think God has given mankind enough evidence of His existence and will continue to lead people to further understanding as they seek Him (Matthew 7:7-8). Yet, I think just as in the garden, each person must decide whether to submit self to God or exalt self over God, following in the same steps as Lucifer/Satan.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But why is it that two culturally respectable and religious people can make exact opposite choices, about Jesus? And ones obviously deeply evil can > why does one choose Jesus and the other doesn't?

Our Apostle Paul says "we all" were "by nature children of wrath, just as the others," in Ephesians 2:3. If all of us were Satan's children, "by nature", to me this would mean how not a one of us had the "nature" to
submit self to God

So, how is it that certain, but not all, "children of wrath" have changed to become humble and trust in Jesus? If "we all" had the "nature" not to, how did we but not others change to want to trust in Jesus?

"But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered." (Romans 6:17)

Jeremiah is very clear how "the heart is deceitful above all things" and the heart is "desperately wicked" (in Jeremiah 17:9). So, how is it possible for a desperately wicked child of wrath to change one's own heart to obey God?

"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (in Luke 18:27)

So, if God has chosen to save certain ones but has not changed others, He is not to be accused of being unfair, but "God be thanked", our Apostle Paul says.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I believe the OP. Gospel makes it clear.

John:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

His son wasn't given to some, but all. And who are we to judge if, how and when someone "believeth"?

How can one condemn the world if Jesus didn't even condemn it?

John:
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
"thoughts"

What does YHWH Say ? What are YHWH'S Revealed thoughts, plan, purpose ?

How many on earth are under judgment ?

How many on earth ever repent to be able to experience YHWH'S LOVE ?

How many on earth, according to YHWH'S WORD (ALL of HIS WORD),
ever
repent so they might share in eternal life ?

Jesus was crucified . How many on earth do not re-crucify Him every day , thus not being able to have any more atonement for their sin ? (no forgiveness possibe)

Jesus was raised from the dead, never to die again, and ascended in to heaven,
and before He sat at the Right Hand of the Throne of YHWH,
He completed the Atonement , according to His Word ,
for everyone who loves God, who is called according to His Purpose -

for everyone who willingly "comes to Jesus".

How many is that, according to God's Word (THE BIBLE ) ?

YHWH words?

Psalms:
And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

and

Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth

And

Before the Lord; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

Jesus says:
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Jesus and YHWH seem to not be on the same page.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

John:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

His son wasn't given to some, but all. And who are we to judge if, how and when someone "believeth"?

John:
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
#CalvinistsRedactJohn316

#NotReallyButYouWoukdThinkSo

• Haha
Reactions: RC1970
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

John:

John:
Maybe we would understand God's love for a select group of people and not the rest, if we read the verse the way those who believe they are select must do...

Calvinist_John_3_16.jpg

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Share your thoughts.

The only ones I see CLAIMING Gods Love doesn't apply IS;
people challenging Gods Love, when they do not AGREE with Him fulfilling His Word;
BECAUSE the fulfillment is not advantageous for them.

God IS Love, thus all He does is because of Love. He Loves all of His creations.
Love IS doing what is rightfully best for the other person, regardless of the consequences.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Maybe we would understand God's love for a select group of people and not the rest, if we read the verse the way those who believe they are select must do...
No.
Understanding does not come that way.
Nor by ignoring most of Scripture as in the OP.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
YHWH words?

Psalms:
And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

and

Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth

And

Before the Lord; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

Jesus says:
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Jesus and YHWH seem to not be on the same page.

Jesus did not come to judge or bring peace. He came to Divide and Save.

Luke.12
  1. [51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Be patient, He's coming back with other things to accomplish.
Be patient, You should know Jesus and YHWH are on the same page, but you can wait to See.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0