Feb 24, 2017
Abuja, Nigeria
✟11,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Culture gives us an ultimatum:
If Truth > Love, you fight. If Love is > Truth, you flee.
Is there an alternative?
The cross where Jesus died is the perfect intersection of love and truth. That is the central message of Christianity.
God is love. God is truth. In Jesus, truth = love.
Authentic Christianity rejects the ultimatum that you must choose between truth and love. In Jesus, truth and love are one and the same.
When people catch a glimpse of love and truth in unity, it reaches to the deepest desires of the human heart.
It comes down to two questions: Do we love the truth? Does the truth love us?”

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there an alternative?
The cross where Jesus died is the perfect intersection of love and truth. That is the central message of Christianity.
Authentic Christianity rejects the ultimatum that you must choose between truth and love. In Jesus, truth and love are one and the same.
When people catch a glimpse of love and truth in unity, it reaches to the deepest desires of the human heart.
Dare we ask if all you said was true? :)
I believe truth might edge out love, at least love is meaningless without accompanying truth.

Upvote 0

AspieforGod

My Brother is Jesus!
Apr 16, 2017
Exeter
✟11,790.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Is there an alternative?

Love in the biblical sense isn't romantic love it's wanting the greatest good for the other person it's a self sacrificing love so yes Jesus is love and truth because Jesus knows what is best for us and the world only wants the worst for us.

It comes down to do you love and obey Jesus or the world as you can't have both and to be saved for the next world you need to die to the world spiritually to live in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Is there an alternative?
I've never looked at it this way. Some of what you say makes sense. The part I least understand is the last sentence.
"Does the truth love us?"

???

Upvote 0

AspieforGod

My Brother is Jesus!
Apr 16, 2017
Exeter
✟11,790.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I've never looked at it this way. Some of what you say makes sense. The part I least understand is the last sentence.

???

I wondered that I took it to mean does Jesus (being the Truth) love us which would be yes.

Clarification please!

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I wondered that I took it to mean does Jesus (being the Truth) love us which would be yes.

Clarification please!
oh ok
God loves us then. Well that is a given. We know that already.

Reactions: AspieforGod
Upvote 0

Oloche Moses Okwori

Feb 24, 2017
Abuja, Nigeria
✟11,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

???
The Truth loves us. He said I am the way, the truth and life... Thy Word is Truth

Upvote 0