Loyal and obedient to its Master
Jun 25, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟18,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Have any of you heard the song "Everything" by Lifehouse? In 2006 in Knoxville Tennessee during Winterfest, a youth group produced this skit in front of thousands of people. Since then it's inspired groups to do their own versions, been shown in hundreds of youth group activities and more.

This video in particular, has 13 million hits. That in itself is amazing to me.

The skit shows a girl being created by God, following Him and learning from Him. As she grows, sins begin to creep into her life and push God further and further away. The ones portrayed in order are Seduction, Greed, Drunkenness, Self-Absorbence, and lastly Death.

Some of the images portrayed are dark in nature, like cutting, eating disorders, and suicide, where towards the end, the girl who is so frustrated with her life is ready to end it with a gun. (or in the skit's case, a water pistol) Hence why I put a warning in the title just in case. But again, the gun is just a water pistol, and the cutting is a red marker hidden in her hand.

While the sins try to keep her from God, in the end, she is protected and God take them all upon himself to save her.

It's a very powerful video that really captures through the eyes of our youth just how loving and wonderful our God really is. Feel free to share it and comment on what you think. :)

YouTube - Lifehouse's Everything Skit

(I wasn't too sure how to actually upload the video since I don't have it on my computer but youtube will have to do)