• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

GOD'S LAW AND THE SABBATH AND FOLLOWING MAN MADE TRADTIONS?

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by LoveGodsWord, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+4,470
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    Except again, "fear" of God does not mean being terrified of him. You may need to go back to the Hebrew to see it because English does not do justice to the meaning of God's awesomeness.

A relationship based on modern English usage of "fear" and terror is not the type of relationship he wants with us. There would be no point, and would be in opposition to God's character.

In fact, it's more in line with Satan's desire to deceive us into believing that God is a vengeful, evil being who wishes to do us harm, and controls us through terror and force.

Nope, that's not God.

Would you value a relationship with a person who was only with you because they were terrified to leave, a person who obeyed you solely because they were scared of what you might do to them if they didn't?

2. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,518
    Christian
    Single
    Terrified? you just upped things a notch...I never used that term, why would you do that? See, that would make all I said sound unreasonable/unbiblical if one were to see I'm saying be terrified of God. Seems a little tricky what you tried to accomplish there.

I was very clear in my post the whys to my claims, do with them as you will.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  3. Mollie1

Mollie1 John 3:16 Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,451
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single

MOD HAT ON

262238_f6b6367616b23e577551e293b213bc90[1].jpg

This Thread is being closed permanently

due to lots of

Flaming and Goading

Please remember in future:

To treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
    Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF.

Address only the content of the post and not the poster.

MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.