GOD'S LAW AND THE SABBATH AND FOLLOWING MAN MADE TRADTIONS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your creed not to report anyone is convenient, when it was YOU who insulted me for no reason.

Get that out of it if you like, I already told you to do as you must, and was clear those were general facts on the subject.

The rest of your post? It's clear where this is going to lead, so good luck with your challenge and happy to take you up on ceasing interaction.

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What? Then direct it towards God. :)

What's the point of such a comment on a debate thread?
Men can debate endlessly
We can debate right now, or accept the Word as it is. My thoughts interpreting it can have worldly bias.
That's my point if it appears clearly. Debate for sake of debating might be fun.
Manmade things are worldly. Carnal tradition can lead to carnal war or peace.
But this is useful to the this very thread.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good morning FreeAtLast (My time), Hope you are well. Some comments for your consideration below...........
Yes, it is evident that you are confused and I have cleared this up over and over again to help you understand. :) I pray your eyes will be opened and you will stop being confused and see the truth.G-d's word is truth, but you are not posting G-d's word, you have YET to produce ONE Scripture which plainly proves that Sunday worship is against the commands of G-d as you claim. You have only posted your church's teaching, which IS man's opinion.

No, as I pointed out via G-d's word, worshiping Him on the 1st day of the week is neither man-made tradition, nor does it break the commandments of G-d. Again, I invite you to post Scriptures that prove otherwise. What have posted does not address or support your claim

God's Word is not confused it is very clear and we must believe it. Only God's Word is true my friend because it is written; Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged (Romans 3:4).

Scripture has been posted already, but you did not see it or believe the scriptures that were posted.

Let's have a look at what God's Word says again so there is no misunderstanding........................

Sin is the transgression of God's Law (1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; James 2:11; Romans 3:20). The 4th commandment is one of the ten commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). James tells us that if we break one of the ten we are guilty of breaking all of God's Law and stand before God guilty of sin (James 2:8-12). Those that continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter into God's Kingdom (Hebrews 10:26-27).

Nope no confusion in God's Word is there? Sin will keep you out of God's Kingdom. In fact God's Word makes it very clear..................

1 John 3
3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
4, Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6, WHOSOEVER ABIDES IN HIM SINS NOT: WHOSOEVER SINS HAS NOT SEEN HIM, NEITHER KNOWN HIM.7, Little children, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU: he that DOES RIGHTEOUSNESS <Palms 119:172> IS RIGHTEOUS EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS .
8, HE THAT COMMITS SIN IS OF THE DEVIL <can't get much plainer then that>; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9, WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD DOES NOT COMMIT <practice unrepentant> SIN; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10, IN THIS THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE MANIFEST AND THE CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL <Two classes Children of God not practicing sin and the children of the Devil living in sin>: WHOSOEVER DOES NOT RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT OF GOD, NEITHER HE THAT LOVES NOT HIS BROTHER.

Well that seems very clear as well no confusion there.........

v4 Sin is breaking God's Law. v6 If we are abiding in Him we are not living in sin. If we are living in Sin God's Word says we do not know him. v7-10 We should let no man deceive us obedience is the fruit of faith and this distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil. v9 If we are born of God we do not practice sin. v10 Only two classes of people those that practice sin and those that do not.

Who is telling the truth................

1 John 2

3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Well that one does not need any explanation

If you believe sin is a small thing with God. Judge for yourself.......................

It was because of sin the world was destroyed with a flood and the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire. We are told it will be the same when Jesus returns (Luke 17:26-30). The judgements of God from Genesis to Revelations have only ever come to mankind because of sin. The call from God to mankind has always been Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand (Matthew 4:17). Sin is no small thing in God's eyes and all of us stand accountable to him who made all.

It is very clear from God's Word that if someone is living in a life of unrepentant sin they will not enter the Kingdom of heaven because they do not know him who loves all.

Sunday worship is a man made teaching and tradition that many have been deceived into following that breaks the commandments of God. If we break any of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of committing sin. Many have forsaken God's 4th commandment in place of Sunday worship and no longer keep the 4th commandment as a Holy day as God commanded. It is written............................

In times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead (Acts 17:30-31)

Jesus says if we follow the traditions of man breaking the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of man or the Word of God?.

God is not willing that any should perish......................

2 Peter 3
3, Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5, For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6, Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7, But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8, But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9, The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10, But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11, Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13, Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwells righteousness. 14, Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

If anyone is living a life of known Sin God's Word is very clear. You will not enter into God's Kingdom and you do not know him who loves all....

Where does it say in God's Word that the 4th commandment has been Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Who should we believe God or man?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'd kind of like to see some scripture that God was using human-created calendars during Creation.I confess that I accidentally worshiped God this morning when I woke up. Old habits die hard and all that. I'll try to repent and do better and wait for Saturn's Day so that he won't be upset I'm thinking of glorifying him on all the wrong days. On a good note, at least it's not Tuesday. He really hates it when we worship him on Tuesdays. Just ask Tom. :)

Hello bekkilyn, we can worship God everyday of the week. But the 7th Day is a Holy day that God commands us to rest on (Exodus 20:8-11). If we break any of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of committing sin (1 John 3:4). Those that knowingly commit unrepentant sin will not be in God's Kingdom (Hebrews 10:26-27, Hebrews 6:4-8; James 2:8-12). Did you see Post # 254?

Known unrepentant Sin is not a light thing with God. It will keep anyone practicing it and who professes His name out of God's Kingdom if they by faith do not turn away from their sins. We all will stand before God on the day of judgement and God's Word will judge us all for the deeds we have done. You can make light of God's free gift and sin in your post above, it is between you and God.

God's scripture for time...........

Genesis 1
4, And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5, And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
And THE EVENING AND THE MORNING WERE THE FIRST DAY.

There are seven days in the creation week..............................

Genesis 2
1, Thus the heavens and the earth were FINISHED, and all the host of them.
2, And on the SEVENTH DAY GOD ENDED HIS WORK WHICH HE HAD MADE; and HE RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORK WHICH HE HAD MADE.
3, And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND SANCTIFIED IT: BECAUSE IN IT HE HAD RESTED FORM ALL HIS WORK WHICH GOD CREATED AND MADE.

The 7th Day of the week we are commanded by God to keep it as a Holy day.........

Exodus 20

8, Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9, Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY?> 11, FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY: WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND HALLOWED <made Holy set apart>IT.

This is the end of days warning that is to go to the whole world is over who we worship...........

Revelation 14
Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and WORSHIP HIM THAT MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, THE FOUNTAINS OF WATERS.

Sin is breaking any of God's commandments (James 2:8-12). Unrepentant sin will keep us out of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Sunday worship is a tradition of man that breaks the commandments of God. Many have forsaken God's 4th commandment and in place of Sunday worship. In times of ignorance God winks at but when a knowledge of the truth has come calls all men everywhere to repent and believe His Word.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of man that break the commandments of God or the Word of God?. Jesus says if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello bekkilyn, we can worship God everyday of the week. But the 7th Day is a Holy day that God commands us to rest on (Exodus 20:8-11). If we break any of God's commandments we stand guilty before God of committing sin (1 John 3:4). Those that knowingly commit unrepentant sin will not be in God's Kingdom (Hebrews 10:26-27, Hebrews 6:4-8; James 2:8-12). Although this has already been explained in post # 254 to you talking about those that have faith and love and those that do not.

Sin is not a light thing with God. It will keep anyone who professes His name out of God's Kingdom if they by faith do not turn away from their sins. We all will stand before God and God's Word will judge us all for the deeds we have done. You can make light of God's free gift and sin in your post above it is between you and God.

God's scripture for time...........

Genesis 1
4, And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5, And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
And THE EVENING AND THE MORNING WERE THE FIRST DAY.

There are seven days in the creation week..............................

Genesis 2
1, Thus the heavens and the earth were FINISHED, and all the host of them.
2, And on the SEVENTH DAY GOD ENDED HIS WORK WHICH HE HAD MADE; and HE RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORK WHICH HE HAD MADE.
3, And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND SANCTIFIED IT: BECAUSE IN IT HE HAD RESTED FORM ALL HIS WORK WHICH GOD CREATED AND MADE.

This is why we are commanded to keep it as a Holy day.........

Exodus 20

8, Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9, Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY?> 11, FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY: WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND HALLOWED <made Holy set apart>IT.

This is the end of days warning that is to go to the whole world is over who we worship...........

Revelation 14
Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and WORSHIP HIM THAT MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, THE FOUNTAINS OF WATERS.

Sin is breaking any of God's commandments (James 2:8-12). Unrepentant sin will keep us out of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Sunday worship is a tradition of man that breaks the commandments of God. Many have forsaken God's 4th commandment and in place of Sunday worship. In times of ignorance God winks at but when a knowledge of the truth has come calls all men everywhere to repent and believe His Word.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of man that break the commandments of God or the Word of God?. Jesus says if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Hello LoveGod'sWord.

Is sorcery a commandment?

You said, breaking any of the commandments is sin.

If sorcery is a sin, then you are not proclaiming the law but your church doctrine.

Is drunkenness a commandment?

Drunkenness is sin, drunkards are excluded from the kingdom of God.

You said, breaking any of the commandments is sin. The apostle said, breaking the law is sin. Do you see the difference between what you said and what is written?

You seem to be teaching a partial version of the law.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeAtLast
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Men can debate endlessly
We can debate right now, or accept the Word as it is. My thoughts interpreting it can have worldly bias.
That's my point if it appears clearly. Debate for sake of debating might be fun.
But this is useful to the this very thread.

I'm not doing this for fun. We are trying to sort out some issues here, join in or not.

What is "man made" here? And the reference to carnal tradition? Am I citing carnal tradition is a good thing? What?

You are making statements but not giving us a clue to how they relate to the subject or who they are directed to and for what reason...makes no sense at all.

And Please don't think I'm just being mean here, I'll gladly answer those things if you'll put them in place, and those questions I just asked should help you make some direct disagreements that can actually be answered. :)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LoveGod'sWord.
Is sorcery a commandment?
You said, breaking any of the commandments is sin.
If sorcery is a sin, then you are not proclaiming the law but your church doctrine.
Is drunkenness a commandment?
Drunkenness is sin, drunkards are excluded from the kingdom of God.
You said, breaking any of the commandments is sin. The apostle said, breaking the law is sin. Do you see the difference between what you said and what is written?
You seem to be teaching a partial version of the law.

Hi klutedavid

No not really all sin comes under the ten. Drunkenness is killing the body and mind so you have no control over the mind where sin takes control. This is where sin takes over for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts these are the things that defile a man.... The word sorcery is only used one time in the bible (Acts 8:9) Its meaning is to practice magic. It's equivalent in the OT is witchcraft (3-4 times used and your reference Galatians 5:20) which both of them fall in the category of the first two commandments (Exodus 20:3-5 see also 1 Samuel 15:23)

God has other laws that are expanded on of course and we are to live my every Word that proceeds out of the Mouth of God. This is the key.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not doing this for fun. We are trying to sort out some issues here, join in or not.

What is "man made" here? And the reference to carnal tradition? Am I citing carnal tradition is a good thing? What?

You are making statements but not giving us a clue to how they relate to the subject or who they are directed to and for what reason...makes no sense at all.

And Please don't think I'm just being mean here, I'll gladly answer those things if you'll put them in place, and those questions I just asked should help you make some direct disagreements that can actually be answered. :)

Hi Kenny,

I think you are on the right track but you will not sort out any issues here. They can only be sorted out through prayer and seeking Jesus through His Word asking him to be your teacher.

May God bless you brother as you seek him through His Word. I can see he is guiding you already.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Still nothing in scripture that proves that God was using a human-made calendar to plot out which day of our current calendar is the seventh day. There is also nothing that proves that God's length-of-day was the same 24-hour day that we use, considering that the sun wasn't even created until the fourth day, and it could have been on an entirely different timetable for God than it is for us. For all we know, the seventh "day" lasted for 8242 of our days.

Why are we trying to force God into our own human-crafted conditions and restrictions and timetables?

God really isn't so legalistic to quibble over which day of the human-crafted calendar week is allowed to be a Sabbath day. The purpose of the Mosaic Law to show that we all are guilty and fall short was fulfilled with Jesus on the cross, and the *Holy Spirit* is the one who convicts and guides, not the Mosaic Law. Jesus is our law of freedom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes, utmost important
I've been elsewhere. I wish I could have communicated better in whatever was lacking.
God bless

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Off topic post, and I need a break anyway. :)

FWIW, I don't think drunkenness in itself is a sin. Being a "drunkard", a perpetual user (committing perpetual sin) is.

And I'm not getting nit picky with anyone here , I just saw it brought up and felt like commenting on technicalities because there are some that feel alcohol is a lot worse than the bible really says it is (no one here that I know of). It's one of the few, allowed by God, medicines that are available to most all adults at any time, and there is a reason for that IMO.
For instance, and just one of many reasons... someone loses a spouse or for whatever reason actually, and they get drunk, technically no sin has taken place. I personally feel that's what the stuff is for, it really can help, as medicine for the mind/heart but one must be careful, we need to get over our traumatic losses eventually, like most do (some need a little help and I honestly think God recognized that) and not stay in a continued state of drunkenness and become a drunkard....the only thing that actually is sin according to the word.

And I'm not saying it's ever a good idea to get drunk, but take that example or things like it that affect our minds/heart, it's far from inconceivable that if alcohol was not on hand, some might go so far as to commit suicide from the depression. That's an extreme but I think makes a good point.

FWIW, I don't drink at all, used too, but I just don't like, still the truth is the truth.

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His heart and time
I'm not saying the law is outdated...there's a priority of Him and not oneself in the world
It's to show how lacking a man is, to need to pass sin by Aaron and the Lamb
To imitate in one's own strength is quite a mystery
People must pass their sin on the sacrifice Jesus
A bit of wine...how much is drunk, I'm not as good as Him I need love I'm sorry. No matter what I better get Him, what instinct He's everything

I feel drunk. Not drunk. Just tired
But hold on I'll gather myself. Ok my point I'm trying to demonstrate is people can't get caught up in the world...like a desert...what are we...holy or demons. Shoot sorry I thought I held it together and went out there again didn't I

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Still nothing in scripture that proves that God was using a human-made calendar to plot out which day of our current calendar is the seventh day. There is also nothing that proves that God's length-of-day was the same 24-hour day that we use, considering that the sun wasn't even created until the fourth day, and it could have been on an entirely different timetable for God than it is for us. For all we know, the seventh "day" lasted for 8242 of our days. Why are we trying to force God into our own human-crafted conditions and restrictions and timetables? God really isn't so legalistic to quibble over which day of the human-crafted calendar week is allowed to be a Sabbath day. The purpose of the Mosaic Law to show that we all are guilty and fall short was fulfilled with Jesus on the cross, and the *Holy Spirit* is the one who convicts and guides, not the Mosaic Law. Jesus is our law of freedom.

Hi bekkilyn,

I do not think it gets any clearer in scripture when God says the evening and the morning was the first day (Genesis 1:4-5) and there are 7 days in a week (Genesis 2:1-3) and we keep every seventh day as a Holy day as God commanded us (Exodus 20:8-11).

This is God's calendar from the creation week and the day/week principle has not changed. Very easy to follow and understand. The Jews have been following it for thousands of years. It is not a matter of being legalistic it is a matter of faith that works by love that produces the fruit of obedience because of love to him who loves all. It then becomes a delight to those that love God (Isaiah 58:13) and is why Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15)

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi klutedavid

No not really all sin comes under the ten. Drunkenness is killing the body and mind so you have no control over the mind where sin takes control. This is where sin takes over for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts these are the things that defile a man.... The word sorcery is only used one time in the bible (Acts 8:9) Its meaning is to practice magic. It's equivalent in the OT is witchcraft (3-4 times used and your reference Galatians 5:20) which both of them fall in the category of the first two commandments (Exodus 20:3-5 see also 1 Samuel 15:23)

God has other laws that are expanded on of course and we are to live my every Word that proceeds out of the Mouth of God. This is the key.
Hello LGW.

Sorcery appears four times in my translation and only once in your Bible. Witchcraft, divination, sorcery, are all the same sin ultimately. Sorcery is included in the ordinances of the law, since sin is the transgression of the law, then breaking any ordinance is breaking the law.

Eating pork is named as a sin in the ordinances.

Leviticus 11:7-8
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Anyone who obeys the Sabbath but eats pork is breaking the law.

Anyone who obeys the Sabbath and afflicts widows and orphans is breaking the law.

Exodus 22:22
You shall not afflict any widow or orphan.

Eating Pork is not in the ten commandments, neglecting widows and orphans is not in the ten commandments. Sin is transgression of the law, not just transgression of the ten commandments.

Will you admit that breaking any ordinance is sin, is disobedience, is breaking the law?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why are we trying to force God into our own human-crafted conditions and restrictions and timetables?

We aren't, but God did...in a sense anyway, as he commanded/crafted the rule, not us, at least as far as the general commandment...rest on the Sabbath.

He won't force us to do anything in this age, a commandment is about as close to that as we are going to get.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW.

Sorcery appears four times in my translation and only once in your Bible. Witchcraft, divination, sorcery, are all the same sin ultimately. Sorcery is included in the ordinances of the law, since sin is the transgression of the law, then breaking any ordinance is breaking the law.

Eating pork is named as a sin in the ordinances.

Leviticus 11:7-8
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Anyone who obeys the Sabbath but eats pork is breaking the law.

Anyone who obeys the Sabbath and afflicts widows and orphans is breaking the law.

Exodus 22:22
You shall not afflict any widow or orphan.

Eating Pork is not in the ten commandments, neglecting widows and orphans is not in the ten commandments. Sin is transgression of the law, not just transgression of the ten commandments.

Will you admit that breaking any ordinance is sin, is disobedience, is breaking the law?

We are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God because whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Not believing and following God is unbelief and unbelievers have no part in the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God because whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Not believing and following God is unbelief and unbelievers have no part in the kingdom of heaven.
Hello LGW.

Are you under the ordinances or not?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello LGW.

Have you abolished the ordinances, all six hundred of them?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Hi bekkilyn,

I do not think it gets any clearer in scripture when God says the evening and the morning was the first day (Genesis 1:4-5) and there are 7 days in a week (Genesis 2:1-3) and we keep every seventh day as a Holy day as God commanded us (Exodus 20:8-11).

This is God's calendar from the creation week and the day/week principle has not changed. Very easy to follow and understand. The Jews have been following it for thousands of years. It is not a matter of being legalistic it is a matter of faith that works by love the produces the fruit of obedience because of love to him who loves all. It then becomes a delight to those that love God (Isaiah 58:13) and is why Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15)

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

What evening and which morning? The sun hadn't been created yet until the fourth day, so no, it isn't clear at all in scripture simply because you are interpreting in a way that makes sense to you while ignoring all other possibilities.

The Jews observe Saturday as the Sabbath due to their tradition, which is not the same as scriptural proof. There is nothing in scripture that demonstrate that God's days of creation were actual 24 hour days. Yes, some denominations hold to 24 hour days as part of their tradition, but it's based on how they chose to interpret scripture.

Jesus accounts for his commandments very well in his sermon on the mount, and there is nothing that commands worship on Saturday (is the word "Saturday" even in the bible? I don't think so.) or even teaches of observing the Sabbath at all. Strangely, all the ten Mosaic commandments are accounted for *but* observing the Sabbath, perhaps because *Jesus* is now the one who gives us rest.

To decide that a couple of our human-created calendars (that even use the names of other gods) as *God's* calendar is presumptuous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.