GOD'S LAW AND JUDGEMENT TIME - ARE YOU READY?

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you are not a part of God's Israel you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT promise. Gentiles are now grafted in (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 11:16-28)You may also wish to read; GALATIANS 3:28-29; ROMANS 9:6-8; ROMANS 2:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11; ROMANS 10:11-13; EZEKIEL 36:26-27 all of which disagree with your teachings.
I could quote and discuss each of your references. That would again be fruitless in regard to you. Not a single one of your referenced verses say anything about becoming an Israeli physically or spiritually. you are just applying Hitlers method of deception.
God's Sheep hear his voice. You are free to believe as you wish. God's WORD will be the judge come judgement day * JOHN 12:47-48.
And what will be your defense?
Exodus 20:8-11 is the 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments. Christians are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Did the 4th Commandment come out of the mouth of God (Exodus 20:1-17; Matthew 4:4)?
The NT did not come from God's mouth and is the pure concoction of man? You even say this about what you call the laws of Moses. What can we say? I'm tired of your cheap shots at the foolish.
1 PETER 1:25, BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER " And this is the word which was preached to you.

ISAIAH 40:8, The grass withers, the flower fades, But THE WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER.

MATTHEW 24:35, Heaven and earth will pass away, but MY WORDS WILL NOT PASS AWAY.

NEED MORE SCRIPTURE? Click me

Sorry listed seems God's WORD disagrees with you.
Only your quotes and references with your implied meanings and additions. The passages I and others have quoted to are from God's Word proving you're wrong.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do not have any problems with any of those scriptures. I think you guys do don't you though? Firstly if someone does not understand what the OLD COVENANT is how can they understand what the NEW COVENANT is? Jeremiah 31:31-34 I have quoted much along with Hebrews 8. Your application here is that the OLD Covenant is only the 10 Commandments. Yet these by themselves do not make up the OLD COVENANT. The OLD COVENANT includes both the 10 Commandments and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT. You mix up your SHADOW laws with God's ETERNAL LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is and are the very standard of the OLD and NEW COVENANTS and the judgement to come. The shadows are fulfilled in Christ and point to God's plan of salvation for fallen man, while God's 10 Commandments are his expression of LOVE to God and man and are forever and give us a KNOWLEDGE of sin and righteousness * Good and Evil.
The mere fact you quoted it doesn't mean you discussed it as requested. What you've done here is by pass the requested discussion once more.
Then you try and argue that God's 4th Commandment and the 10 Commandments are only for Israel. Yet the NEW COVENANT PROMISE Jeremiah 31:31-34 are to ISRAEL and Gentiles are now grafted in (Romans 11:16-27). These is where your problems lie. Firstly in not understanding what the OLD COVENANT is so you misinterpret what the NEW COVENANT is and secondly not understanding who the NEW COVENANT promise is for and who God's ISRAEL are. If you are not a part of God's ISREAL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promises.
What I said is backed by the Scripture I both referenced and quoted. Gentile Christians aren't grafted into Israel as you claim. Romans says "graft in among." Ephesians says "fellow citizens with the saints."

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ecclesiastes 3:17 KJB - I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

And this text?
And the righteous have been judged and passed the judgment.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The quotations you provided proved my point. Thank you. She is not "the spirit of prophecy", and she herself is not "the testimony", but "manifested" the "spirit of prophecy", in other words, she had the gift [provided by the Holy Ghost], and received "testimony" from Jesus, for the edifcation/correction of the church.
Semantics my friend. SDAs claim she was the "spirit of prophecy". I understand where you are coming from. She had the gift, according to SDAs, but she herself was not the SoP. I accept you your correction and will give myself 10 lashes with a wet noodle and go back and change my post.

Funny that LGW didn't catch my mistake. He/she never misses a chance to tell me what I write isn't true.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sophia7
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Does the Seventh-day Adventist Church believe the so-called testimonies and writings of Mrs. E. G. White to be revelations from God? {3BIO 484.4}
We believe these writings are a manifestation of the Spirit of prophecy; and just as much as anything that comes from God’s Spirit would be a “revelation from God,” just so much these are a revelation from God.—Ibid. {3BIO 484.5}
Bringing his address to a close, he summed up his presentation in twelve numbered points, the last of which drove the matter home: {3BIO 484.6}
What is received through this gift should be accepted, cherished, and obeyed, if we would be prepared for a greater diversity in the operations of the Spirit, in the restoration of all the gifts, and for the larger outpouring of the Spirit upon the church, when it receives the refreshing (Acts 3:19-21), the early and the latter rain (James 5:7, 8), as it comes to the close of its experience and its work in this world, not far hence.—The General Conference Bulletin, 153. {3BIO 484.7}
For two years Smith’s influence had been negative; for two years he had said little about the Spirit of Prophecy as manifested in the life and work of Ellen White. But a few weeks before preaching this sermon, he had “fallen on the Rock,” as Ellen White put it. Now everyone saw where he stood, and it brought strength and confidence to the people. {3BIO 484.8}

“As the Lord has manifested himself through the Spirit of prophecy, past, present, and future have passed before me. I have been shown faces that I had never seen, and years afterward I knew them when I saw them. I have been aroused from my sleep with a vivid sense of subjects previously presented to my mind; and I have written, at midnight, letters that have gone across the continent, and, arriving at a crisis, have saved great disaster to the cause of God. This has been my work for many years. A power has impelled me to reprove and rebuke wrongs that I had not thought of. Is this work ... from above, or from beneath? ... Those who really desire to know the truth will find sufficient evidence for belief.”—Testimonies for the Church 5:671, 672.

CHRISTIAN SERVICE
Preface
The desire to place in the hands of all Christian workers, instruction bearing specifically upon the need, importance, methods, and reward of earnest, consecrated missionary endeavor, has led to a comprehensive survey of the field of inspired literature, and resulted in bringing together, in convenient form, the quotations comprising this volume, which may appropriately be termed an Encyclopedia of Christian Service. {ChS 3.1}
It is by no means claimed that the following pages furnish an exhaustive compilation from the writings of the Spirit of prophecy on the broad subject of Christian service, but merely that they afford a safe path into the rich and extensive mines of research, wherein the Christian worker may go deeper into the vein of truth regarding the science of soul winning.{ChS 3.2}
In culling from the various sources of information, conscientious care has been exercised to preserve the proper setting of the thought expressed by the author. It is hoped that the selections will be found invaluable to ministers and leaders in all lines of church work, and will be appreciated by all men and women whose hearts have been touched by the spirit of the Great Missionary, and who have “understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do.” {ChS 3.3}

The first portion of his address served the purpose of a biographical sketch, and also formed a basis for the main line of thought running throughout; namely, that in very truth God has been bestowing upon the remnant church the precious gift of the spirit of prophecy. {LS 467.3}
Regarding Mrs. White’s call early in life to special ministry for God, and the fruits that have characterized this ministry, Elder Daniells said: {LS 468.1}

It was Ellen White who claimed she received what she wrote in her books from God.

Ellen White is regarded as the prophet of the SDA church and she is, according to the hierarchy, the spirit of prophecy. Her prophecies are recorded in her "Spirit of Prophecy" books and her volumes of the "Testimonies".

I really do not believe you have a leg to stand on in denying that Ellen was/is regarded as being the spirit of prophecy for the SDA church. She prophesied and she claimed her guide was the special angel and the Holy Spirit.
"Great Missionary?"

• Haha
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The quotations you provided proved my point. Thank you. She is not "the spirit of prophecy", and she herself is not "the testimony", but "manifested" the "spirit of prophecy", in other words, she had the gift [provided by the Holy Ghost], and received "testimony" from Jesus, for the edifcation/correction of the church.
We read the quote much differently.

• Agree
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On this point I think there may be more to the picture.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. KJV

24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. ESV

The word judgment can also be translated as "condemnation", as we see in the KJV.

This seems to make sense of all the verses. For instance, Paul writes:

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

He includes himself, as he says "we" must appear.

We are not condemned, as we have crossed from death to life. But we do apparently appear.

A similar text:
Romans 14:10 For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written:
As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

This also fits the sheep and goats.

Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world
I can accept your presentation. My real point is we have already been found not guilty and passed the judgment without condemnation having eternal life.

The contents of Romans 14:10 has been met by the Christian.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets get something straight. My post about the Sinai covenant not being a covenant of salvation no way implied that those who lived under it will not be saved. I never ever indicated that in the least. lgw loves to try to make what I write into a lie. Well as anyone can see He is not batting very well. I am tired of correcting him/her, but this one I couldn't let go. It proves my point very nicely. :)

Bob wrote:
The real fact is that the old covenant was not a covenant about salvation.

lgw wrote:
Goodness Bob, that has no truth in it whatsoever. So in your view everyone living in the OLD COVENANT time is lost? This is what I mean when I have said earlier if you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would submit that Daniel 7 does not focus on any individual judgment of the saints.

The vision begins with a description of the beasts.

These are interpreted later in the chapter:

17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

The four beasts are generally interpreted by Adventists as:

Babylon
Medo-Persia
Greece (Macedonian)
Rome

The fourth beast had ten hours. Three were plucked, and the little horn then becomes the focus.

Of course, A.T. Jones and Uriah Smith debated the exact identity of some of the ten horns. But generally the little horn is agreed upon (except for some recent voices speaking of Islam), to be the papacy, and its system.

After the beasts, ten horns, three plucked up, and little horn are described, the judgment scene is pictured.

Nothing about the context to this point deals with individual Christians, but with powers, kingdoms, etc.

Here is the judgment scene:

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Books in other texts are related to records of individuals actions, and names in the book of life.

However, God also judges nations, as is clear from Daniel itself, from the prophets, etc. Books indicate records, but this may include records regarding the nations. God catalogues wrongs of various nations at times, such as in Amos 1:

11 Thus saith the Lord; For three transgressions of Edom, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because he did pursue his brother with the sword, and did cast off all pity, and his anger did tear perpetually, and he kept his wrath for ever:
12 But I will send a fire upon Teman, which shall devour the palaces of Bozrah.
13 Thus saith the Lord; For three transgressions of the children of Ammon, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have ripped up the women with child of Gilead, that they might enlarge their border:

Edom was judged because of attacking relatives. The Ammonites were punished for the egregious crime that all would recognize as wrong of ripping open a pregnant woman's womb.

Israel was punished for specific violations of the covenant. God judged them by what He had revealed to them:

6 Thus saith the Lord; For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they sold the righteous for silver, and the poor for a pair of shoes;

7 That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turn aside the way of the meek: and a man and his father will go in unto the same maid, to profane my holy name:

8 And they lay themselves down upon clothes laid to pledge by every altar, and they drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god.

The focus of the judgment in Daniel 7 is clear from the actions it carries out:

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

The fourth beast was slain. The others had their dominion stripped.

These are actions dealing with nations, not primarily individuals.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

In the explanation of the vision the ten horns are ten kings from a kingdom.

The saints here are identified corporately, as a group. There is no question as to their identity. There is no scrutiny individually of the saints here. They are being worn out by the little horn. Judgment is given to them, and as a result their adversary is destroyed. They are delivered by the judge, similar to the situation of the widow with the unjust judge who wanted justice against her adversary.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Also, the particulars of this judgment do not meet the criteria that Ellen White stipulates for the investigative judgment.

So in the great day of final atonement and investigative judgment the only cases considered are those of the professed people of God. Great Controversy, chapter 28

Moreover there is no scrutiny mentioned to define who is the little horn. Adventists often indicate the papacy does profess to be a follower of God. True, but there is no indication of confusion about who is who here. And Babylon, Media, Persia, and Rome were not professed followers of God. Yet this court removes the dominion of three and slays the fourth.

Now this doesn't remove the possibility of a pre-advent judgment on the individual records of the saints. But it does not picture it either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this text reveals an important point.

Romans 14:10 For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written:
As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

We are said to give an account, kneel, confess. These do not happen at the IJ, and could not happen there, as we are not present, and wouldn't even know our name was being reviewed at that time. This could only happen when we are in the presence of God.

And if we confess and bow the knee in His presence, what is the need for a protracted investigation? Any interested angels could hear the confession.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James White had it right the first time:

It is not necessary that the final sentence should be given before the first resurrection, as some have taught; for the names of the saints are written in heaven, and Jesus, and the angels will certainly know who to raise, and gather to the New Jerusalem. "A Word to the Little Flock"

And given that we all confess and bow the knee, there is no question of whether God is just.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

True!

Which agrees with John 5.

However, even the parable of the talents, etc. relates that we will give an account of ourselves. We can know that we have eternal life in His Son, per I John 5, and will not be condemned. But we will still be at the judgment seat.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 TIMOTHY 4:1 [1], I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick [living] and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

This makes clear when the judging happens--at His coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Semantics my friend. SDAs claim she was the "spirit of prophecy"....
No. We don't. The Spirit of prophecy, is the Holy Ghost [since one of the gifts of the Holy Ghost, is prophets], sent by Jesus with Jesus' testimony unto us [the church, including sister White].

It would be just as ignorant of and rebellious to facts to call Paul, the "Spirit of prophecy", or John the "Spirit of prophecy", or Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, the "Spirit of prophecy", or Moses, the "Spirit of prophecy". Not one of them, are the "Spirit of prophecy", but they manifested the gift of the Holy Ghost in their varied functions.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you would directly answer a question for me, invloving these two texts [and their context, of course]:

Revelation 14:6 KJB - And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Revelation 14:7 KJB - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​

Revelation 14:6 speaks of a message that is going to all "the earth", and that message is the "everlasting gospel".

Revelation 14:7 continues with this "everlasting gospel", and speaks of a "judgment" that "is come" [meaning it hadn't been going on before until this time], while this "everlasting gospel" is being given to all "the earth".

My question to you [and all] then is, what "judgment" is this that "is come", while the "everlasting gospel" is going forward into all "the earth", and what is the standard of this "judgment", by which such are being judged, and who are being judged therein?

upload_2018-5-30_15-26-59.png

Has come is in the aorist. Usually the Aorist is indicative of an event that has already happened in the past, of either a punctilliar or indefinite length.

However, since the warnings regarding Babylon are for the future, it cannot be a reference to an already completed judgment, or the warnings would be unnecessary. So it appears to be a prophetic aorist, or what is sometimes called a proleptic aroist, or futuristic aorist, (anticipatory), indicating something that will happen, but is so certain the past tense is used. The emphasis is looking at it in the totality, as often happens with the aorist.

Interestingly, we see this same convention used in Revelation 10:7, which may have some bearing on the current question.

Revelation 10:7
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Should be finished is an aorist.

upload_2018-5-30_16-45-9.png

If you read it as an aorist referring to a past event then it would not make sense. At the time of the statement this event is in the future, not the past, and is tied to the voice of the seventh angel.

Now notice that this gives the particular timing of the completion of the mystery--at the voice of the 7th angel.

Revelation 11:15 gives more detail on this:

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Here the time of judgment is correlated with reward, and destroying those who destroy the earth. It is tied to the end of the kingdoms of this world.

Now the context of Revelation 14 refers to the judgment on Babylon as it goes on to announce that Babylon is fallen. Those who participate with her will partake of her judgment.

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-30_15-21-42.png
    upload_2018-5-30_15-21-42.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-5-30_15-23-55.png
    upload_2018-5-30_15-23-55.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2018-5-30_16-38-48.png
    upload_2018-5-30_16-38-48.png
    106 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am going to make a comment [and will probably be taken wrongly], but interlinears are basically useless.

Comment noted. Do you disagree that it is an aorist? You do not need an interlinear to see that. But for those who may be reading along who are not familiar with the forms, it may be helpful for them to see.

Here is the TR if you prefer:

7 λεγοντα εν φωνη μεγαλη φοβηθητε τον θεον και δοτε αυτω δοξαν οτι ηλθεν η ωρα της κρισεως αυτου και προσκυνησατε τω ποιησαντι τον ουρανον και την γην και θαλασσαν και πηγας υδατων

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is to be read and understood in the language one understands, for instance:

1 Corinthians 14:19 KJB - Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

Acts 2:6 KJB - Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Acts 2:8 KJB - And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Acts 22:1 KJB - Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you.

Acts 22:2 KJB - (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)

Acts 26:14 KJB - And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.​

If I were to take several pictures of mss, papyri, codice, palimpsest, etc and present a screenshot fragment on the screen [in several languages], I seriously doubt that anyone on this board would be able to tell me what languages they were in, let alone read them [even if one of them was in koine Greek]. Not even the Greeks today in general [scholars, etc, excepted] read and understand Koine Greek, as it is at least two levels of language removed.

The Bible shows how we are to study it:

Isaiah 28:10 KJB - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJB - Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.​

etc.

For instance, the brothers of Joseph, didn't have to understand the Egyptian language that Joseph spake, but had to trust in the integrity of the translation thereof [thus think about what it would mean to reject the interpretation for the original, when a person cannot speak/understand that original language]:

Genesis 42:23 KJB - And they knew not that Joseph understood them; for he spake unto them by an interpreter.
We see this example all throughout the scripture [KJB], in practical use, in dreams/visions/prophecies [God is the interpreter, not we ourselves], and even in persons themselves:

interpreter: Genesis 40:8, 42:23; Job 33:23; 1 Corinthians 14:28

interpretation/s: Genesis 40:5,8,12,16,18, 41:11; Judges 7:15; Proverbs 1:6; Ecclesiastes 8:1; Daniel 2:4,5,6,7,9,16,24,25,26,30,36,45, 4:6,7,9,18,19,24, 5:7,8,12,15,16,17,26, 7:16; John 1:42, 9:7; Acts 9:36, 13:8; 1 Corinthians 12:10, 14:26; Hebrews 7:2; 2 Peter 1:20

translate/ed/ion: 2 Samuel 3:10; Colossians 1:13; Hebrews 11:5
People like to play the Greek and Hebrew game [for varied reasons]. I dislike doing so, though I can cite from Hebrew/Koine Greek [see below], Latin, etc when needful for those that refuse to read plain English, their mother tongue. Here is an example of that 'game' [I do not espouse all of the religious/political views of this presenter]:

"aorist" has an entire range, from past [several ways], to present [several] to future [citations upon request]. This is why interlinears are basically useless, as they ignore the context, even of the very next word sitting by any given word being considered therein. Case in point Revelation 17:10 KJB. I had a pastor swear to me [and get angry with me] that the text ought to read [as they were looking at an interlinear] in the present [future] tense [ie "the five fall"], rather than what it says [KJB, "five are fallen"], and it didn't matter to this pastor that I presented copious amounts of evidence, and historical translation by practically all of the reformation, etc, proving the pastor [and the interlinear] incorrect [thy believed in the 8 last pope heresy]. This is the danger of going to the Koine Greek [and interlinears], when one does not understand the language. It can also lead to relying upopn man, rather than God. God's word is written in such a way as it translated/inteprets itself. It has built in rules [kinda like DNA, and RNA], alphabet, language, math tables, etc.

Now, Revelation 14:6-7 says this in the KJB, the plain preserved word of God in English:

Revelation 14:6 KJB - And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Revelation 14:7 KJB - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​

If we cannot agree on the plain English before us, how shall we fair any better in a foreign language to most on this board? Case in point:

... for those who may be reading along who are not familiar with the forms...

Someone one might ask, what about the 'original'? There are no extant 'original' mss, etc around. What about the extant mss, etc we do have? Which ones, I will ask, and why was a particular one chosen over another, and what was the standard of criteria for so doing, and what was that the standard of measurement, by what standard was that measurement measured, etc?

If one is speaking about the GNT TR [Greek New Testament based upon 'Textus Receptus' [of the KJB]], then it reads:

Revelation 14:6 GNT TR - και ειδον αλλον αγγελον πετωμενον εν μεσουρανηματι εχοντα ευαγγελιον αιωνιον ευαγγελισαι τους κατοικουντας επι της γης και παν εθνος και φυλην και γλωσσαν και λαον

Revelation 14:6 GNT TR with Robinson's Morphological Analysis Codes and Strong's Numbering -
καιG2532 CONJ ειδονG3708 V-2AAI-1S αλλονG243 A-ASM αγγελονG32 N-ASM πετωμενονG4072 V-PNP-ASM ενG1722 PREP μεσουρανηματιG3321 N-DSN εχονταG2192 V-PAP-ASM ευαγγελιονG2098 N-ASN αιωνιονG166 A-ASN ευαγγελισαιG2097 V-AAN τουςG3588 T-APM κατοικουνταςG2730 V-PAP-APM επιG1909 PREP τηςG3588 T-GSF γηςG1093 N-GSF καιG2532 CONJ πανG3956 A-ASN εθνοςG1484 N-ASN καιG2532 CONJ φυληνG5443 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ γλωσσανG1100 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ λαονG2992 N-ASM​

Revelation 14:7 GNT TR - λεγοντα εν φωνη μεγαλη φοβηθητε τον θεον και δοτε αυτω δοξαν οτι ηλθεν η ωρα της κρισεως αυτου και προσκυνησατε τω ποιησαντι τον ουρανον και την γην και την θαλασσαν και πηγας υδατων

Revelation 14:7 GNT TR with Robinson's Morphological Analysis Codes and Strong's Numbering - λεγονταG3004 V-PAP-ASM ενG1722 PREP φωνηG5456 N-DSF μεγαληG3173 A-DSF φοβηθητεG5399 V-AOM-2P τονG3588 T-ASM θεονG2316 N-ASM καιG2532 CONJ δοτεG1325 V-2AAM-2P αυτωG846 P-DSM δοξανG1391 N-ASF οτιG3754 CONJ ηλθενG2064 V-2AAI-3S ηG3588 T-NSF ωραG5610 N-NSF τηςG3588 T-GSF κρισεωςG2920 N-GSF αυτουG846 P-GSM καιG2532 CONJ προσκυνησατεG4352 V-AAM-2P τωG3588 T-DSM ποιησαντιG4160 V-AAP-DSM τονG3588 T-ASM ουρανονG3772 N-ASM καιG2532 CONJ τηνG3588 T-ASF γηνG1093 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ | | τηνG3588 T-ASF | θαλασσανG2281 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ πηγαςG4077 N-APF υδατωνG5204 N-GPN​

Doesn't that make it all clearer to those who cannot read it? Of course not.

To answer a question:

In the GNT-TR of Revelation 14:7, the word "ηλθεν", "elthen" is a Verb, Second Aorist, Active, Indicative, Third Person, Singular. That was so helpful, wasn't it? All that time, where did it go?, when if we just believed Psalms 12:6-7 KJB, etc, in that God preserved His word for us today, in the common language, even in English, we wouldn't have to do all this run around to understand the word "is" in it's context, and so compare the spiritual word of God with itself, and prayerfully considering, and asking God for light and guidance and truth. God will explain His own word, since it originates with Him.

The "is" becomes important when we understand the timeframe of the context of that "is". The "is" of the Judgment [over God's very Ten Commandments, see vs 7,12] spoken of takes places while the Everlasting Gospel is going into all the earth, and before the close of probation [ie, while the Gospel is still offered]. The connection of Revelation 10:7 KJB is indeed important, since it shows the timeframe to come, in which there is no more mercy being offered.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0