GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh come on friend. Would Jesus steal, kill commit adultery and etc? No, because He loves us. If we love others as He loves us we too will not cause pain to our fellow man. That is so easy and because people's minds are closed they insist on doing it their way.
Absolutely correct BTW.
Love fulfills the law. Doesn't change the fact God put the desire in our hearts to live as he wants us to, by placing his laws in our hearts

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh come on friend. Would Jesus steal, kill commit adultery and etc? No, because He loves us. If we love others as He loves us we too will not cause pain to our fellow man. That is so easy and because people's minds are closed they insist on doing it their way.
You see Bob, it is easy to prove which one of us is correct, but you obviously keep ignoring posts posted concerning it. So I will once more explain in this thread

If a Christian commits adultery, are they specifically conscious they sin because they commit the act of adultery, or are they only conscious they sin by failing to love as they should?

Through the law we become conscious of sin rom3:20

If a Christian stole something, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they committed theft, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?

If a Christian bore false witness, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they bore false witness, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?

If a Christian took the Lord's name in vain, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they took the Lord's name in vain, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?
Through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20

If a Christian coveted, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they coveted, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?

CASE PROVED!!

However.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will write my laws in their minds and place them on their hearts
THEN HE ADDS
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember NO MORE

I really don't know what's so hard to understand about the above.
God puts his laws in your mind, so you instinctively know what that law is, and he places the law in your heart so you want to live as God desires you to.
You have been forever changed, it is IMMENSE. No longer can you happily sin as much as you like without conscience. IMPOSSIBLE.
But at times, every Christian allows themselves to follow after the flesh rather than the Spirit for none are perfect in the flesh, they don't allways act in accordance with what their born again heart desires. When the truly born again Christian does so, their conscience is seered, they have no rest, and no peace until they come before their Father in heaven and repent/ say sorry for their folly. The law in your heart cuts out any possibility of a licence to sin under grace.
Because it is placed there, because it changes you as described, your sins and lawless deeds will be remembered NO MORE.
So telling people they can only be in a saved state if they observe the law is to ignore the words which are the very foundation upon which the NC stands.
And to state the entire law got abolished is to ignore the words upon which the very foundation of the NC stands.
Righteousness of observing the law/ the ministry of death and cobdemnation got abolished, not the words contained in the heart of the moral law!
You don't look to that law and strive to obey it to be in a saved state, that isn't what it's there for! It cannot condemn you, for your sins and lawless deeds will be remembered NO MORE. You have been freed from the law of sin and death
You don't look to the law within you, you look to Christ and trust him, through the Spirit to bring you to live an ever holier life, in accordance with what your born again heart desires. The more you do this, the more the fruits of the Spirit grow in your life( gal5:22) that fruit will not bring you into conflict with any of Gods good and holy laws for that fruit is the embodiment of how God wants you to live.
Hence:
Against such things there is no law gal5:23
Head theology is the barrier of course. You can have your head so crammed full of theology, Bible verses, there isn't any room left for the Holy Spirit to work with!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The very foundation of the NC isn't the TC. The writer of hebrews sums up the very foundation upon which the NC stands:

This is the covenant I will make with them after that time says the Lord
Then he adds
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more
Heb10:16&17

How can the basis of the christians judgement be observing the law, when their sins/ transgressions of the law will be remembered NO MORE

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Your posts are becoming more erratic all the time .
Under the OC the law hung on love God and love your neighbour, but were they the only laws that existed?

So do Gods laws exist or don't they?
One minute you say yes, the next no
God's laws exist. What dos not exist is the jurisdiction of the covenant issued at Mt Sinai. While those laws are God's laws they were replaced as Jeremiah said they would be. Jesus testified the covenant has changed. No where does Jesus promote the law as a requirement.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Absolutely correct BTW.
Love fulfills the law. Doesn't change the fact God put the desire in our hearts to live as he wants us to, by placing his laws in our hearts
The laws you talk about are the laws issued to Israel alone. That covenant was replaced with a new covenant. The covenant issued at Mt Sinai was not moved to the heart as Jer 31:31-33 indicates. Verse 32 clearly states this new covenant will not be like the previous covenant (the 10 Cs). Moses clearly states in Deut 4:13 the 10 Cs are the covenant. Your argument is that covenant (the 10 Cs) are now moved from stone to the heart. That means there is no change in contents. Movement makes no difference. If movement could make a difference in content I would have a new pick-up, My farm tractor would be a bulldozer.

The last 5 items were always sin before the law. The law given to Israel in a formal written form makes no difference. Those laws were given because of sin, they did not create sin -

13 For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Rom 5

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Gal 3

The above verse also puts a time limit restriction on the law. The time restriction in the verse means the jurisdiction (power) of the law has passed. Even the Gospel of Luke says the law is over -

16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. LK 16

It is not just Paul saying the law is a has been when it come to authority. No one here has ever suggested, hinted or implied the law has been annihilated. No one here except the pro law contingency has suggested that. No one here except the pro law contingency has suggested others are promoting the right or privilege to sin.

You can say I am being juvenile if you like. The idea the law is authoritative in the Christians life is not taught in the NT. Jesus did not teach nor require the law be kept.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You see Bob, it is easy to prove which one of us is correct, but you obviously keep ignoring posts posted concerning it. So I will once more explain in this thread

If a Christian commits adultery, are they specifically conscious they sin because they commit the act of adultery, or are they only conscious they sin by failing to love as they should?

Then the Holy Spirit is of no value since the law is doing His job. The Holy Spirit has never quoted or referred me to the law when I sin. When I became a Christian I had no idea about OT and NT or even the Bible. I accepted Jesus as my Savior because the Sunday school teacher ask me to as a child the first Sunday my parents started to attend church. I did not ask why.
If a Christian stole something, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they committed theft, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?
They would be spoken to by the Holy Spirit, Who does not lead us to the law. A religious authority will though.

If a Christian bore false witness, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they bore false witness, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?
They would be spoken to by the Holy Spirit, Who does not lead us to the law. A religious authority will though.

If a Christian took the Lord's name in vain, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they took the Lord's name in vain, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?
Through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20

If a Christian coveted, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they coveted, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?

CASE PROVED!!

However.....
Nope and no however to it.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
THEN HE ADDS
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember NO MORE

I really don't know what's so hard to understand about the above.
God puts his laws in your mind, so you instinctively know what that law is, and he places the law in your heart so you want to live as God desires you to.
Neither do I. The problem is the rejection of immediate statements in conjunction with your out of context meaning changing God's Word whether by Jeremiah or Paul to a lie. The enemy of my soul did this very ting to Eve and tried it with Jesus.
You have been forever changed, it is IMMENSE. No longer can you happily sin as much as you like without conscience. IMPOSSIBLE.
No sin is till pleasurable. Heb 11:25
But at times, every Christian allows themselves to follow after the flesh rather than the Spirit for none are perfect in the flesh, they don't allways act in accordance with what their born again heart desires. When the truly born again Christian does so, their conscience is seered, they have no rest, and no peace until they come before their Father in heaven and repent/ say sorry for their folly. The law in your heart cuts out any possibility of a licence to sin under grace.
Because it is placed there, because it changes you as described, your sins and lawless deeds will be remembered NO MORE.
The law does not change the heart, the Holy Spirit does.
So telling people they can only be in a saved state if they observe the law is to ignore the words which are the very foundation upon which the NC stands.
The foundation of the NT is Jesus, not the law.
And to state the entire law got abolished is to ignore the words upon which the very foundation of the NC stands.
You can keep your partial law if you want. I was told by the Holy Spirit it was not my covenant. I realize you can reject that testimony if you like. That simply will not refute it. God's Word back that statement up.
Righteousness of observing the law/ the ministry of death and cobdemnation got abolished, not the words contained in the heart of the moral law!
The ministry of death was and is written on stone tablets. Those stone tablets do not make a distinction about moral and ceremonial law. Both are included on those stone tablets. There is nothing indicating part of the law as you say was moved to the heart.
You don't look to that law and strive to obey it to be in a saved state, that isn't what it's there for! It cannot condemn you, for your sins and lawless deeds will be remembered NO MORE. You have been freed from the law of sin and death
It is statements like this why I spent yesterday laughing so hard I would have gotten into trouble by posting.
You don't look to the law within you, you look to Christ and trust him, through the Spirit to bring you to live an ever holier life, in accordance with what your born again heart desires. The more you do this, the more the fruits of the Spirit grow in your life( gal5:22) that fruit will not bring you into conflict with any of Gods good and holy laws for that fruit is the embodiment of how God wants you to live.
You are all over the place with your inconsistencies. No wonder why Christianity is a laughing stock.
Hence:
Against such things there is no law gal5:23
Head theology is the barrier of course. You can have your head so crammed full of theology, Bible verses, there isn't any room left for the Holy Spirit to work with!
This applies to you very well.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
  • Jesus knew the thief's heart it is called Grace thank you Lord
It does not invalidate Jesus statement of If you love me keep my commandments is valid as the thief had a conversion on the cross and his sins were forgiven it has to be this way as there are no confessed sins in heaven, all the redeemed have their sins covered by the blood of Jesus.
Jesus never said keep the 10 Cs if you love me.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
it says you are sealed but does not say what the seal is.

What is the seal? God never forces anything on anyone it has to be a free choice by us.
JN 6:27 and II Cor 1:21, 22 say God sealed us. Eph 1:13 says that seal is the Holy Spirit.

bugkiller

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nothing you have written in the above shows that law written on stone is not now on tablets of human hearts.
Indeed, you appear very confused about the subject.
One minute you say the law got abolished, the next it exists to make us conscious of sin
Nothing you have posted indicates any part of the 10 Cs are written on anyone's heart.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Actually, Bob S isn't far from the truth if he did but know it. Law does exist, and it makes us conscious of sin, and it seers our consciences when we wilfully transgress it for that law is in our hearts. But law does NOT exist as a law of righteousness for the believer
If I have ever read or heard double speak this is it.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People laugh at what they do not understand.
An SDA member asked me if we must obey the TC so we may enter heaven. When I replied no, they shook their head, laughing hysterically. As people who are at the opposite end of the spectrum laugh at what they do not understand also.
And yet, people who laugh at the truth they don't understand, think they know so much, they can be guiding lights for others.
And so, they come on the internet, and engage in theological debate, believing themselves able ministers of the word. They are here to give others the benefit of their spiritual knowledge they believe has been divinely revealed to them.
One wonders, why they are on the internet doing this, if they have the knowledge they think they have.
Possibly, if someone read the Bible when young, then were part of a bible quiz team, and the minister encouraged them by telling them they could answer questions even he couldnt answer, this may have lead to an over exaggerated belief as to the knowledge they think they have.
Possibly

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul states:

He did NOT write:
Through the law we USED to become conscious of sin.
Why do we become conscious of sin through the law?

Sin IS( not was) the transgression of the law 1john 3:4

People who say they are solely conscious of sin through the Holy Spirits conviction WITHOUT the law, fail to grasp one of the most fundamental facts of the Bible. They have to ignore what is plainly written and plain spiritual truth.
Of course, people will reason anything rather than break the most important commandment to them:
Thou shalt not admit to error

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People say Gods laws exist, then they say they don't exist. Then they say they changed.
Would a Christian be specifically conscious they committed sin BECAUSE they bore false witness, committed the act of adultery, stole, or coveted, or would they only be conscious they sinned by failing to love as they should?
How can anyone respond to the above who claims what is written in the moral law does and does.not exist. What was written in stone was not transferred onto tablets of human hearts. What option is left to them?

The law doesn't make me conscious of sin they say.
I won't laugh, I will simply shake my head in disbelief

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bob S says the law does make us conscious of sin, BK says it doesn't.
They both say the law does exist and they both say it doesn't.
They both would believe if you commit adultery, bear false witness, steal, or covet you commit sin, however they both believe what was written on stone is not now in your heart, for that law didn't get put there.
I've come to the conclusion, the only worthwhile threads are those where people seek encouragement and help with problems and trials they may be going through. Theological debates are mostly a waste of time.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Sunday Worship is a teaching and tradition of man breaking God’s Law which has no basis in God’s Word. The question remains who do we really follow God or Man? This is the great test that will come to each of us. God’s sheep hear his voice… He that has ears to hear let him hear (Matt 11:15) If we say that we know Jesus and are breaking His commandments God’s Word says we are lying and the truth is not in us (1 John 2:3-4) Hope this is helpful,In Christ always
Soyeong, post: It's like you are on the right path in focusing on the important theme of obeying God rather than man, but stop short of the delight, the privilege, and the blessings that could be yours by letting man limit you to only obeying only ten of God's commands. Those who are in Christ ought to walk in the same way that he walked (1 John 2:3-6), and the way that he walked was in perfect obedience to all of God's commands.
God has told us that we are in the New Covenant now and no longer under the ceremonial laws of Moses which you are promoting. The ceremonial laws of Moses pointing to Jesus, his life and role in the Heavenly Sanctuary have been fulfilled in Jesus. (Col 2:14-17; Hebrews chapters 8; 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29)
God's Word includes ceremonial laws and God's Word made flesh set a perfect example for his followers to follow of how to live in obedience to those laws, so by speaking against obeying God's ceremonial laws, you are speaking against obeying God's Word.
Nope because the ceremonial laws of Moses are the Old Covenant that was nailed to the Cross we now have a better sacrifice and High Priest that ministers on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary not made with hands of which the Sanctuary on earth was only a copy. (Col 2:14-17; Hebrews chapters 8; 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.