GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stuart I think you need to carefully read my posts as well as the supporting scriptures.I do not think you understand what I have posted to you so far
I have carefully read your posts.
The supporting scripture you often give does not support your conclusions

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I gave carefully read your posts.
The supporting s ripture you often give does not support your conclusions
Ok show me an example that my supporting scriptures do not support my view. Please also state my view so I can see you understand my view and the scriptures I send to support it.
Please tell me what my view is and how my scriptures do not support what I am sharing with you and how they support your view instead? This may help for any misunderstandings.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

Just posting this here because there seems to be some confusion by some about God's Law (10 commandments) and there role in the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the judgement to come. Hope this is helpful to those that love God's Word.

God's Law (10 commandments). While Christ's death ended the authority of the ceremonial law (laws of Moses), it established the Ten Commandments. Christ took away the curse of the law, thereby liberating believers from its condemnation. His doing so, however, did not mean that the law was abolished, giving us liberty to violate its principles. The abundant testimony of Scripture regarding the perpetuity of the law, refutes such a view.

Paul described the relationship between obedience and the gospel of saving grace. Calling believers to holy living, he challenged them to present themselves "as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall have no dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace" (Rom. 6:13, 14). So Christians do not keep the law to obtain salvation—those who try to do so will only find a deeper enslavement to sin. "As long as a man is under law he remains also under the dominion of sin, for law cannot save one from either the condemnation or the power of sin. But those who are under grace receive not only release from condemnation (Rom. 8:1), but also power to overcome (Rom. 6:4). Thus sin no longer will have dominion over them."23

"Christ," Paul added, "is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes" (Rom. 10:4). Everyone, then, who believes in Christ realizes that He is the end of the law as a way of obtaining righteousness. In ourselves we are sinners, but in Jesus Christ we are righteous through His imputed righteousness.24

Yet being under grace does not give believers the license to "continue in sin that grace may abound" (Rom. 6:1). Rather, grace supplies the power that makes obedience and victory over sin possible. "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit" (Rom. 8:1).

Christ's death magnified the law, upholding its universal authority. If the Decalogue could have been changed, He would not have had to die. But because this law is absolute and immutable, a death was required to pay the penalty it imposed. This requirement Christ fully satisfied by His death on the cross, making eternal life available to all who accept His magnificent sacrifice.

Obedience to the Law

People cannot earn salvation by their good works. Obedience is the fruitage of salvation in Christ. Through His amazing grace, especially displayed at the cross, God has liberated His people from the penalty and curse of sin.

Though they were sinners, Christ gave His life to provide them with the gift of eternal life. God's abundant love awakens in the repentant sinner a response that manifests itself in loving obedience through the power of the grace so abundantly bestowed. Believers who understand that Christ values the law and who understand the blessings of obedience will be strongly motivated to live Christlike lives.

Christ and the Law. Christ had the highest regard for the ten-commandment law. As the great "I AM," He Himself proclaimed the Father's moral law from Sinai (John 8:58; Ex. 3:14; see chapter 4 of this book). Part of His mission on earth was to "magnify the law and make it honorable" (Isa. 42:21). A passage from the Psalms that the New Testament applies to Christ makes clear His attitude toward the law: "I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart" (Ps. 40:8; cf. Heb. 10:5, 7).

His gospel produced a faith that firmly upheld the validity of the Decalogue. Said Paul, Do we "make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law" (Rom. 3:31).

So Christ came not only to redeem man but to vindicate the authority and holiness of the law of God, presenting its magnificence and glory before the people and giving them an example of how to relate to it. As His followers, Christians are called to magnify God's law in their lives. Having lived a life of loving obedience Himself, Christ stressed that His followers ought to be commandment keepers. When asked about the requirements for eternal life, He replied, "If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matt. 19:17). He also warned against the violation of this principle, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Lawbreakers will be refused entrance (Matt. 7:21-23).

Christ Himself fulfilled the law, not by destroying it but through a life of obedience. "Remember," He said, "that as long as heaven and earth last, not the least point nor the smallest detail of the Law will be done away with" (Matt. 5:18, TEV). Christ strongly emphasized that the grand object of God's law must always be kept in mind: to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and your neighbor as yourself (Matt. 22:37, 38). However, He wanted His followers not to love one another as the world interprets love—selfishly or sentimentally. To explain the love He spoke of, Christ gave a "new commandment" (John 13:34). This new commandment was not to take the place of the Decalogue, but to provide believers with "an example of what true unselfish love really is, such love as had never before been witnessed on the earth. In this sense His commandment might be described as new. It charged them, not simply 'that ye love one another,' but 'that ye love one another, as I have loved you' (John 15:12).

Strictly speaking, we have here simply one more evidence of how Christ magnified His Father's laws."25

Obedience reveals such love. Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15). "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love" (John 15:10). Similarly, if we love God's people we love God and "keep His commandments" (1 John 2:3).

Only through abiding in Christ can we render heartfelt obedience. "As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine," He said, "neither can you, unless you abide in Me. . . . He who abides in Me, and I in Him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:4, 5). To abide in Christ we must be crucified with Him and experience what Paul wrote of: "It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" (Gal. 2:20). For those in this condition Christ can fulfill His new covenant promise: "I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (Heb. 8:10).

Blessings of Obedience. Obedience develops Christian character and produces a sense of well-being, causing the believers to grow up as "newborn babes" and to be transformed into Christ's image (see 1 Peter 2:2; 2 Cor. 3:18). This transformation from sinner to God's child witnesses effectively to Christ's power.

Scripture pronounces "blessed" all "who walk in the law of the Lord" (Ps. 119:1), whose "delight is in the law of the Lord" and who meditate "in His law. . . day and night" (Ps. 1:2). The blessings of obedience are many: (1) insight and wisdom (Ps. 119:98, 99); (2) peace (Ps. 119:165; Isa. 48:18); (3) righteousness (Deut. 6:25; Isa. 48:18); (4) a pure and moral life (Prov. 7:1-5); (5) knowledge of the truth (John 7:17); (6) protection against disease (Ex. 15:26); (7) longevity (Prov. 3:1, 2; 4:10, 22); and (8) the assurance that one's prayers will be answered (1 John 3:22; cf. Ps. 66:18).

Inviting us to obedience, God promises abundant blessings (Lev. 26:3-10; Deut. 28:1-12). When we respond positively, we become His "special treasure"—a "kingdom of priests and a holy nation" (Ex. 19:5, 6; cf. 1 Peter 2:5, 9), elevated "above all nations of the earth," "the head and not the tail" (Deut. 28:1, 13).

Salvation is not in keeping God's Law (10 commandments) it is by faith alone in God's Word to do what it says it will do. If you believe God's Word he will write his Law of Love in our hearts and it is Love which is the fulfilling of the Law in us who walk not after the Flesh but after the Spirit (Rom 8:4).

In Christ Always!

Where does it say that "Christ's death ended the authority of the ceremonial law" ?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok show me an example that my supporting scriptures do not support my view. Please also state my view so I can see you understand my view and the scriptures I send to support it.
Please tell me what my view is and how my scriptures do not support what I am sharing with you and how they support your view instead? This may help for any misunderstandings.
Their sins and lawless deeds i will remember no more.
Yet you say, you can only be in a saved state if you do not commit sin, which are lawless deeds

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is incorrect to state we only know what law God desires us to follow by reading OT scripture. For the law us within the believer. Their conviction if sin comes from within, NOT by reading law in the bible
God's Law is in the Old and New Testament scriptures and all through God's Word. It is the standard of both Old and New Covenants and the judgement to come. Please tell me how would you know the will of God without God's Word and how can you have faith in something you know nothing about if you do not have the Word of God?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's Law is in the Old and New Testament scriptures and all through God's Word. It is the standard of both Old and New Covenants and the judgement to come. Please tell me how would you know the will of God without God's Word and how can you have faith in something you know nothing about?
You do NOT know which law God desires you to follow by reading what is written in ink in the Bible for that law is within you. Stick to the point at hand, I am not mentioning you do not learn anything from what is written in the Bible. But specifically concerning which law the believer is asked to follow is known from within, not reading what is written in ink.
You understand of course that is what I am saying, but have to try and deflect from that specific issue. Sadly I understand that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You do NOT know which law God desires you to follow by reading what is written in ink in the Bible for that law is within you. Stick to the point at hand, I am not mentioning you do not learn anything from what is written in the Bible. But specifically concerning which law the believer is asked to follow is known from within, not reading what is written in ink. You understand of course that is what I am saying, but have to try and deflect from that specific issue. Sadly I understand that

It is written faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. If you do not have God's Word or someone telling you about God's Word you cannot have faith in it. Same as it is written What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. You do not know what sin is except through the Word of God. Which needs to be transferred to what has been written in ink and stone to the fleshly tables of the heart (love). This is done only as we have faith in the written Word of God. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is written faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. If you do not have God's Word or someone telling you about God's Word you cannot have faith in it. Same as it is written What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. You do not know what sin is except through the Word of God. Which needs to be transferred to what has been written in ink and stone to the fleshly tables of the heart (love). This is done only as we have faith in the written Word of God. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.
Wrong again concerning how we know what law God desires us to follow
I WILL( God does it) write my.laws in their minds and place them on their hearts.

I WILL give you a new heart and put a new Spirit in you
I WILL remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh
And I WILL put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws.

It is not through us reading what is written in ink, but what God himself does. As I can personally testify in my own life, and did in an earlier post

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Their sins and lawless deeds i will remember no more. Yet you say, you can only be in a saved state if you do not commit sin, which are lawless deeds
There you go. See you do not understand what it is I am saying at all. I have only ever shared God's Word with you. It is God's Word that says if you have known unrepentant sin on your life you are not in a saved state (James 2:8-11; 1 John 3:3-10; 1 John 2:2-4; Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 6:4-8).

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There you go. See you do not understand what it is I am saying at all. I have only ever shared God's Word with you. It is God's Word that says if you have known unrepentant sin on your life you are not in a saved state (James 2:8-11; 1 John 3:3-10; 1 John 2:2-4; Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 6:4-8).
You gave countless times told me, and others being in a saved state hinges on not committing sin.
And your use of the word wilfull sin bewilders me. For you suggested once wilfull sin was Unrepentant sin. When I asked you to explain on three occasions what you meant you refused to

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wrong again concerning how we know what law God desires us to follow I WILL( God does it) write my.laws in their minds and place them on their hearts. I WILL give you a new heart and put a new Spirit in you I WILL remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh And I WILL put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws. It is not through us reading what is written in ink, but what God himself does. As I can personally testify in my own life, and did in an earlier post

Ok Stuart, Just because you say something is wrong because it does not agree with your opinion does not make it so. I can say the sky is black the sky is black when it is blue. That will not make the sky black.

Now I have sent scripture to you but you choose not to believe it. That is ok as that is your decision. Lets loot at what your saying now and maybe I can ask you some simple questions that may help. I will just ask one question first in relation to this post.

How do you know what God's Word is if you do not have Gods Word or someone does not tell you what God's Word is?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You gave countless times told me, and others being in a saved state hinges on not committing sin.
And your use of the word wilfull sin bewilders me. For you suggested once wilfull sin was Unrepentant sin. When I asked you to explain on three occasions what you meant you refused to
What I have said to you is only the same thing that I have stated in the previous post and this one and that is it is God's Word that says if you have known unrepentant sin on your life you are not in a saved state (James 2:8-11; 1 John 3:3-10; 1 John 2:2-4; Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 6:4-8).

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok Stuart, Just because you say something is wrong because it does not agree with your opinion does not make it so. I can say the sky is black the sky is black when it is blue. That will not make the sky black.

Now I have sent scripture to you but you choose not to believe it. That is ok as that is your decision. Lets loot at what your saying now and maybe I can ask you some simple questions that may help. I will just ask one question first in relation to this post.

How do you know what God's Word is if you do not have Gods Word or someone does not tell you what God's Word is?
Pure deflection. Once again I am ONLY referring to the born again believer knowing which laws God desires them to follow for that law is within them. They do not have to read OaT scripture to understand what sin us. I am referring to NITHING else as you well know.
It is not good for you to suggest I am saying or referring to things I am not saying it referring to. That is not being honest

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I have said to you is only the same thing that I have stated in the previous post and this one and that is it is God's Word that says if you have known unrepentant sin on your life you are not in a saved state (James 2:8-11; 1 John 3:3-10; 1 John 2:2-4; Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 6:4-8).
So respond to the scripture you are quoting.
If anyone commits a sin once they come to a knowledge of the truth, in your view can they never again have a saviour from sin?
Based on your quote of heb10:26

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Pure deflection. Once again I am ONLY referring to the born again believer knowing which laws God desires them to follow for that law is within them. They do not have to read OaT scripture to understand what sin us. I am referring to NITHING else as you well know. It is not good for you to suggest I am saying or referring to things I am not saying it referring to. That is not being honest

Goodnight Stuart, I think you are just accusing me of the things I am not doing and that you are doing yourself. You have made accusations to me but are not prepared to answer my questions seeking clarification to help avoid misunderstanding. So I do not have much else to say to you atm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.