• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER!

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by LoveGodsWord, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuart lawrence

stuart lawrence Well-Known Member

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    But your conviction to observe a set seventh day sabbath didn't come from within, but by reading what was written in ink

2. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    You quoting Jesus words:
    If you love me obey my commandments.

I pointed out that you yourself do not even try and obey each and every command of Christ's in the gospels

3. Bob S

Bob S Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,038
    Christian
    Married
    Torah was not given to any other nation except Israel and it was not given for their salvation. Anyone who is trying to convince others that they must observe any of the ritual laws in all of Torah are misguiding those who are not grounded in the faith. Any law dealing with morality is forever. The law of love that is planted on our hearts deals with all moral issues, not just the nine found in the 10cs.

4. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    It is the same with every other commandment as it is written I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. All of this including our salvation and faith comes by the written Word of God and is the reason it is written Man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

5. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    It is the same with every other commandment as it is written I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

6. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    This is why I said it is by faith in the promises of God's Word that God is saving us from our sins because we love him. God's Law is established in the heart of the believer to Love God and our neighbor and love is the fulfilling and establishing of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit. Faith results in obedience. We are not saved by obedience. It is proof we have faith in God's Word and that we have a new heart of Love and are abiding in Christ and love is the fulfilling of God's Law (Romans 3:31; Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:9-10; James 2:18-20; 26; 1 John 3:6; Matthew 15:3-10)

7. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Hi Bob, what your saying in the above post is not correct and shows you may need to look at what you think the word Torah means. The"Torah" in Hebrew also called "Pentateuch from the Greek" is the first five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). These are also called the book of Moses as they were written by Moses. So everyone that professed to be Christian or Jew believes in the Torah (first five books of the bible written by Moses) as these books are included in the bible and help make up God's Word.

Its was indeed given to Israel but God's Word defines Israel as being God's people that believe and follow God's Word. The name Israel" is the name given by God himself to represent his people. It has its origin from Gen 32:28 where Jacob wrestled with the Angel and prevailed ...for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Its meaning is his posterity will rule as God or an overcomer with God and man. Jacob had 12 sons representing the 12 tribes of Israel. Anyone who is by faith following God's Word represent God's Israel according to God's Word. For it is written…

Let God be true and every man a liar that thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He says not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to thy seed, which is Christ

Now who is Abraham’s seed?

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus and if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

God’s Word defines God’s people as Israel who are the believers and followers of God’s Word and they were saved in the same way that we are today and that is by faith. There is no need to go through around 70+ scriptures again (Galatians 3:2-17; Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 4:16-22; Hebrews 11:4-39)

In Christ Always!

8. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    Let me tell you something.
    As a child I used to read my Bible during the sermon( they bored me when I was young) And I used to wonder why: Thou shalt not covet was one of the TC. It seemed so insignificant to me. I could understand the others being there, but not that one. I figured God just tagged it along at the end to make the number up to ten.
    But in those days I thought it only referred to material goods such as coveting your neighbours car or house. I did not understand through reading the literal words of that comnandment what was entailed in observing it.
    However, once I reached puberty, I instinctively in my mind knew impure thoughts/ lust was sin, and in my heart had heartfelt conviction I sinned due to lust. Why? Because the true meaning of the comnandment was written in my mind and placed on my heart.
    I'm only being honest here. A christianity where you decide what is and is not sin based on reading the letter of OT scripture is one I do not recognise as the fulness of the chrustianity I know. It is christianity devoid of the Holy Spirit being where he should be in a believers life. And that is putting it very, very mildly

9. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    What has your scriptural quote got to do with what is being discussed?
    Of course we do not know sin apart from the law. The born again believer is conscious if their sin due to the law written in their mind and placed on their heart, NOT by reading what is written in ink. That's the NC
    BTW
    You do know rom7:7 refers to Saul the pharisee don't you?
    BTW
    This is what us stated in rom7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid, nay, I had not known sin but by the law, for i had not known lust except the law had said: Thou shalt not covet.

This is what 2cor3:3 states:

You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result if our ministry written NOT WITH INK but the Spirit of the living God. NOT on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    Once again you ignore the point. You do not even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ, but keep quoting:
    If you love me obey my commandments
    So according to your post, you are unable to love God and your neighbour. You do not have faith either because if you did it would result in you obeying each and every literal command of Christ in the gospels.

11. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    BTW
    You are referencing scripture that supports my views much if the time, not yours

12. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    I went to one church where it was repeatedly stressed:
    You must obey the TC.
    The people were very nice and friendly. But my overriding impression was: where is the Holy Spirit?
    It was christianity according to the letter, I had never come accross that before to such an extent.
    And people were taking the Lord's name in vain, totally unaware they committed sin by doing so.
    Why was this the case? Who is the convictor of sin in the believers life?

13. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    It is only through the Word of God that you know what sin is and what God's will is and the plan of salvation. It is why I also quoted faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. No Word of God, no faith, no salvation. As it is written; for as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law. You do not know what God's law is without the Word of God.
    Romans 7:7 is the Word of God and is for everyone not just Paul (Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 3:16)
    I know I quoted it to you in reference to the importance of God's Word.
    Yes this is the New Covenant. The Word must become flesh in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit . This results in the righteousness of God's Law being fulfilled in us and the establishing of God's Law in the life of the believer through love (John 1:12-14; Romans 8:4; Romans 13:9-10).

14. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    I will ignore this post because it is not true and not what I have been sharing with you through the scriptures. Please re-read earlier posts.

15. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Such as? Please tell me what my view is and how my scriptures do not support what I am sharing with you and how they support your view instead? This may help for any misunderstandings.

16. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    Incorrect yet again. The born again Christian knows what sin is because the law God desires them to follow is written in their minds and placed on their hearts under the core terms of the NC. What is in your mind you in your mind must know. The law in your heart MUST bring heartfelt conviction you sin when you wilfully transgress it. For:
    Through the law we become conscious of sin
    Rom3:20

You are arguing against the core foundation upon which the NC stands.

We can all learn from rom7:7, however, Paul is speaking of Saul the pharisee there, not Paul the Christian.

The point of 2cor3:3 is that you know how God desires you to live, and follow it not by reading what is written in ink( as you do) but because the law is in your heart

17. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    You say the law is obeyed through loving God and your neighbour by faith.
    You then quote Jesus words'
    If you love near obey my commands dents.
    Yet you yourself do not even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ in the gospels

18. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    What is incorrect again? You really are not being very clear in your posts.

19. stuart lawrence

+1,581
    Christian
    Single
    You don't understand what i wrote? I'm sure others will

20. LoveGodsWord

+1,286
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Stuart I think you need to carefully read my posts as well as the supporting scriptures.I do not think you understand what I have posted to you so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.