GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it is not it shows us what sin is and brings us to Jesus so we can be justified by faith. (James 2:11; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Galatians 3:24-25). When we are justified by faith God's Law is established in us as we have faith in God's Word (Romans 3:31; Romans 8:4)
Ah, but your justification to enter heaven us the law/ TC. That is your basis for eternal life. The law us not based on faith

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A spirit filled Christian instinctively knows the law God desires them to follow, for it is written in their mind and placed on their heart under the core terms of the NC.
Therefore spirit filled christianity is inner convictuon of sin/ Gods laws for that is where the law has been placed. It is not deciding which law should be followed based on what you read in ink
You cannot know God's Law without God's Word. God's Law comes from God's Word. If you do not have God's Word you cannot have faith because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe some of those people did not know God's Word. Only God knows. I believe God has his people in all churches. But he is calling his true believers to come out and worship him in Spirit and in truth according to his Word.
You cannot believe God has his people in a church he's, for the majority of churches do not worship in Saturdays.
Absolutely, true believers worship.un spirit and truth according to the true message of the bible

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ah, but your justification to enter heaven us the law/ TC. That is your basis for eternal life. The law us not based on faith
No it is my faith in Jesus and his Word. I follow him because I love him. It really is that simple and is why Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot know God's Law without God's Word. God's Law comes from God's Word. If you do not have God's Word you cannot have faith because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
WRONG!

Gods laws he desires you to follow are written in your mind and placed on your heart. What is in your mind you in your mind must know.
I can absolutely assure you I was conscious of sin without even having to understand law written down. Our Christian experiences are worlds apart

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You cannot believe God has his people in a church he's, for the majority of churches do not worship in Saturdays.
Absolutely, true believers worship.un spirit and truth according to the true message of the bible

I believe God has his people in every church that are living up to all the light (knowledge) that God has given them. Only those that knowingly reject God's Word are not following him.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it is my faith in Jesus and his Word. I follow him because I love him. It really is that simple and is why Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments.
So do you obey each and every literal.command of Christ in the gospels? You dont even try to do you.
So by your scriptural quote, you testify to not loving Jesus.
As i Said. People cannot practice what they preach

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
WRONG!
Gods laws he desires you to follow are written in your mind and placed on your heart. What is in your mind you in your mind must know. I can absolutely assure you I was conscious of sin without even having to understand law written down. Our Christian experiences are worlds apart
What you are sharing there Stuart is not biblical. You may have not known it but I was just talking scripture. The reference was Romans 10:17

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So do you obey each and every literal.command of Christ in the gospels? You dont even try to do you. So by your scriptural quote, you testify to not loving Jesus. As i Said. People cannot practice what they preach
Being made free from sin is the work of a lifetime (Sanctification). Today in your Christian walk you can be living up to all the knowledge that God has given to you in regards to right and wrong (righteousness and sin) this is abiding in Christ as you have faith in His Word he changes you. But then as we grow the Holy Spirit will convince us of sin in our life that we have not known about before. This is growing in grace and Christ so we can have a closer walk with Jesus. When this happens God expects us to repent and follow him. It is only those in known unrepentant sin that God's Word says are the unbelievers and have no part in the Kingdom of Heaven and are in danger of the Judgement. You can indeed practice what you believe in God's Word. Not that you can do it but Christ does it through and in you as we have faith and believe his Word

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What you are sharing there Stuart is not biblical. You may have not known it but I was just talking scripture. The reference was Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word if God.

Where is the word law written in the above?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being made free from sin is the work of a lifetime (Sanctification). Today in your Christian walk you can be living up to all the knowledge that God has given to you in regards to right and wrong (righteousness and sin) this is abiding in Christ as you have faith in His Word he changes you. But then as we grow the Holy Spirit will convince us of sin in our life that we have not known about before. This is growing in grace and Christ so we can have a closer walk with Jesus. When this happens God expects us to repent and follow him. It is only those in known unrepentant sin that God's Word says are the unbelievers and have no part in the Kingdom of Heaven and are in danger of the Judgement. You can indeed practice what you believe in God's Word. Not that you can do it but Christ does it through and in you as we have faith and believe his Word

Doesn't address the point made

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your scriptural quote has nothing to do with the law being written in your mind and placed in your heart and through the law placed their you are conscious of Gods laws/sin

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All through God's Word in all the Old and New Testament scriptures
Once again.
Your quote has nothing whatsoever to do with the believer having inner conviction of what law God desires them to follow for that is where the law has been placed.
Spirit filled christianity is NOT being convicted of which laws to follow based in reading what is written in ink. Nowhere near

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
Your s riptural quote gas nothing to do with the law being written in your mind and placed in your heart and through the law placed their you are conscious of Gods laws/sin

Of course it doesn't it was referring to what I was saying earlier that faith comes by God's Word and if you do not have God's Word you cannot have faith.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Once again.
Your quote has nothing whatsoever to do with the believer having inner conviction of what law God desires them to follow for that is where the law has been placed. Spirit filled christianity is NOT being convicted of which laws to follow based in reading what is written in ink. Nowhere near
Let's agree to disagree Stuart. I will have to go off for now. Lunch then to work for a while. I have to send out one more post as well. I will be happy to chat latter when I can nice chatting to you though.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LoveGodsWord said:

Of course it doesn't it was referring to what I was saying earlier that faith comes by God's Word and if you do not have God's Word you cannot have faith.
You put rom 10:17 up in response to me saying we are convicted of which laws to follow by the law placed within us, not through reading the bible

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here again you simply dismiss me. Are you really inviting me to quit posting?
If you have scripture to share I am happy to chat more with you. You have presented very little so far.
LoveGodsWord said: Genesis 2:1-3
Listed replied:
I don't know why you use this verse. It has nothing to do with the sabbath at the point of creation. The word sabbath isn't found anywhere in Genesis.
Ok let me tell you why I use the verses in Genesis 2:1-3

Genesis 2:1-3
1, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2, And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3, And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: <Why?> because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Now let’s look at the 4th commandment…

Exodus 20:8-11

8, Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9, Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10, But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <Why?> 11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The above key points of each scripture references are highlighted in RED. God’s 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-11 is a back reference to Genesis 2:1-3 and the reason why the commandment was given. We are to Remember (memorial) the Sabbath day because it is written v11 “in six days the LORD made the heaven and earth, the sea and all that in them is and rested the seventh day; wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. v11 is a reference to Genesis 2:1-3 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3, And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: <Why?> because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-11 is a reference to Genesis 2:1-3

God ceased from his work rested on the 7th day of the creation week (Gen 2:2)
God’s people to remember the 7th day of the creation week and cease from their work and rest (Ex 20:8-11)
God blessed the 7th Day of creation (Gen 2:3)
God blessed the 7 day Sabbath (Ex 20:11)
God Sanctified and made holy the 7th Day of the creation week (Gen 2:3) God’s Word is forever (1 Peter 1:25; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 24:35)
God Sanctified and made holy the 7th Day weekly Sabbath (Ex 20:11) Also the spoken word of God (Exodus 20:1) God’s Word is forever (1 Peter 1:25; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 24:35)

Now let’s look at the Hebrew word for Sabbath. Let’s start with the word for Sabbath found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Sabbath Hebrew H7676 Strongs שׁבּת; shabbâth; shab-bawth'; Intensive from H7673; intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath. The meaning here is from one interval to another. The interval is from the 7th Day of the week to the next 7th Day of the week. The root word of Sabbath is from H7673 which means שׁבת; shâbath; shaw-bath'

to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.This is in line with the writing of the 4th commandment which says we are to repose not to work to rest.

Now let’s look at word used in Genesis 2:2-3

2, And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested H7673 on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3, And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: <Why?> because that in it he had rested H7673 from all his work which God created and made.

The Hebrew Word for rested H7673 used here in Genesis 2:2-3 is the same root word used in Exodus 20 of Sabbath H7676 (one Sabbath to the next) which means שׁבת; shâbath; shaw-bath' to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away. This is in line with the writing of the 4th commandment which says we are to repose not to work to rest.

We could stop here as we have already shown very clearly that the 4th commandment of God’s Law is forever because it is the work of God himself spoken by God himself (Exodus 31:18; Exodus 20:1) and his Word says that whatsoever God does himself is forever (Ecclesiastes 3:14; 1 Peter 1:25; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 24:35). The 4th commandment is part of the 10 commandments of God’s moral laws and not a ceremonial law of Moses that was a shadow of things to come pointing to Jesus.

Now let’s put it to rest once and for all and I will show you why I really use Genesis 2:1-3 to prove God’s 4th commandment (the 7th Day Sabbath Exodus 20:8-11) cannot be a part of the ceremonial laws of Moses….

GENESIS 2:1-3
1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Scripture context points:
* God finished all the work of creation on the 7th Day of the week (v1)
* God ended His Work on the 7th Day of the creation week and rested from all His work of creation, it was completed no more work required (v2)
* God blessed the 7th Day and set it apart as a holy day as a memorial of creation

Critical questions and answers:

When was God’s 7th Day Sabbath made, before the fall of mankind or after the fall of mankind?
It was made BEFORE the fall of mankind
at the end of the creation week on the 7th Day and was the result of a FINISHED work!

Was God’s work of creation a FINISHED WORK or an UNFUNISHED WORK?
The 7th Day Sabbath was the result of the FINISHED AND COMPLETED WORK
of creation!

When were God’s Laws and the laws of Moses given, before the fall of mankind or after the fall of mankind? Obviously AFTER the fall of mankind (Ex 20:1-17, Lev 23:1-44, etc) they were part of God’s plan of salvation.

So in summary the 7th Day Sabbath is a memorial of the FINISHED work of creation and if it is a FINISHED work and a memorial of God’s creation that was given BEFORE the FALL of mankind before SIN had entered the world and before the plan of salvation was given to FALLEN man. If it was a part of a FINISHED work then it cannot be a Shadow of salvation because a Shadow was part of an UNFINISHED work given in the laws of Moses AFTER the fall of mankind where the Sabbath was made before the fall and before sin had entered the world!

So in summary no, the 4th commandment of Gods Law (Exodus 20:8-11) is not one of the ceremonial laws of Moses. The 4th Commandment is a memorial of creation and that is why God made it a Holy day. The Sabbath commandment was made for mankind as a memorial and celebration of creation (Mark 2:27). It is a sign that God's people worship the only true and living God of creation (Ezekiel 20:12). Jesus is the creator and Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28) and if we love him we must follow him (John 14:15). If we knowingly break it or any of the 10 we are guilty before God and need to seek his forgiveness.

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's agree to disagree Stuart. I will have to go off for now. Lunch then to work for a while. I have to send out one more post as well. I will be happy to chat latter when I can nice chatting to you though.
Enjoy your lunch, hope work goes well

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.