GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And no one has raised their hand, and said they were convicted to observe a set Saturday sabbath for when they became a Christian the law written in their mind and placed in their heart convicted them to do that. So obviously, they only came to that conclusion by reading of the law handed down at Sania in the OT.
The conviction did NOT come from within, which is where the law is placed God desires you to follow

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ was harangued by the religious of his day. They accused him of ignoring the law
One of the reasons Steven, the first Christian martyr was arrested by the religious and subsequently stoned to death, was because he supposedly ignored the law
And Paul said he would no longer be persecuted( by the religious) if he preached circumcision/ ie law.
People who in their hearts desire a righteousness of observing the law/ judgement based on observing the law, will harangue people who hold to a righteousness/ justification of faith in Christ.
Some seek righteousness of observing the law in ignorance of the truth, others, because they in their hearts want to feel they attained heaven by their own efforts.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet, sda say they accept as Christians people who don't observe a set Saturday sabbath. Have they broken ranks with their founder, or is their no true uniformed belief?
Fundamental #18 In the last days, as in biblical times, the Holy Spirit has blessed God’s people with the gift of prophecy. One who demonstrated this gift was Ellen G. White, a founder of the Seventh-day Adventist church.
The Scriptures testify that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Num. 12:6; 2 Chron. 20:20; Amos 3:7; Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10; 22:8, 9.)

My experience as a believer for almost 40 years is that most do not have any idea about her writings and of her council, The things they are aware of they pick and choose what they want to believe. Before Baptism they are asked if they believe the 28 fundamentals.

They can say anything to look kosher. A whole book was written in the late 1950s with deliberate error to make the church seem main line.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How can the judgement to come be based on observance of the law, when the Christian has no justification/ righteousness of observing the law? And how can the basis of the christians judgement be observing the law, when one of the two main clauses of the NC states:Their sins and lawless deeds/ transgressions of the law I will remember no more

Because the free gift of salvation is from sin not in sin. It is the gift of God because God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life so that we can receive the righteousness of Christ by faith through the operation of God in us our hope of glory, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. Jesus says truly truly I say unto you unless a man is born again he can in no wise see the Kingdom of Heaven and again I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. This is the promise of love written on the heart to love God and our neighbor. If you do not have it you will be judged by it. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Paul wrote: Brothers if i am still preaching circumcision( ie law) why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offence of the cross has been abolished. Gal5:11 Why is not preaching law the true offence of the cross? Despite the words people state, they in their heart want credit for attaining heaven, in reality they want a righteousness they earnt. It is not theirs to have: Not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law but that which is through faith in Christ. The righteousness that comes from God and is by faith Phil3:9 The law is not based on faith
Gal3:12

You quote circumcision and the laws of Moses. It is clear you do not know the difference between God's Law which is eternal and the shadow of things to come. Of course righteousness comes by faith it is the gift of God and not of yourselves lest any man should boast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And no one has raised their hand, and said they were convicted to observe a set Saturday sabbath for when they became a Christian the law written in their mind and placed in their heart convicted them to do that. So obviously, they only came to that conclusion by reading of the law handed down at Sania in the OT. The conviction did NOT come from within, which is where the law is placed God desires you to follow

You once did keep the Sabbath didn't you? If you did then you must have been convicted to do so. Now you don't. God's Word talks about those that turn away from from God's Word after they receive it. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. It is the Spirit that convicts us of sin, righteousness and the judgement to come through the Word of God. If we turn away from God's Word we turn away from God who only gives his Spirit to those that obey Him. (Romans 10:17; John 16:8; Acts 5:32).

1 Timothy 4:1-2
1, Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2, Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

Hebrews 10:26-27
26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Proverbs 28:9
He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Fundamental #18 In the last days, as in biblical times, the Holy Spirit has blessed God’s people with the gift of prophecy. One who demonstrated this gift was Ellen G. White, a founder of the Seventh-day Adventist church. The Scriptures testify that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Num. 12:6; 2 Chron. 20:20; Amos 3:7; Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10; 22:8, 9.) My experience as a believer for almost 40 years is that most do not have any idea about her writings and of her council, The things they are aware of they pick and choose what they want to believe. Before Baptism they are asked if they believe the 28 fundamentals. They can say anything to look kosher. A whole book was written in the late 1950s with deliberate error to make the church seem main line.

Still waiting for you to share scripture with me and respond to all the posts I have sent you with all the scripture attached. Looks like I will be waiting for a long time it seems. Our opinions mean nothing only God's Word is the truth. If you do not know scripture you do not know truth (Romans 3:4)

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems like you are trying to twist what I say. All I have said is that God's Laws (10 commandments) are His work alone, he made them alone and by himself without any help from man to write them. That is why they are God's Laws and they are forever (Ecc 3:14) and the standard in the Old and New Covenant and the Judgement to come.
14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.

Did God direct Moses to write the book of the law. Were they God's words?? If they were then they too would endure forever. the wor "forever" was used 289 times by either God man. How many of those "forevers" can be traced to our times. Paul wrote the the 10 commandments were transitory. They only lasted as long as the covenant from which they came lasted.

The ceremonial laws of Moses however were shadows pointing to Jesus that were finished and fulfilled at the cross. (Hebrews 8:1-5; 6-13; Hebrews 10:1-19; Colosians 2:14;17; Hebrews chapters 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29). The ceremonial laws of Moses were not God's Law (aka the 10 commandments) that were abolished at the cross. Here are more scriptures I provided you as a reminder...

(1) God’s Law
(10 commandments) is the work of God alone written with His own finger on two tables of stone, spoken by God himself to His people and placed alone in the Ark of the Covenant. (Exodus 32:16; 31:18; Exodus 20:1-17; Deuteronomy 10:5) Breaking God’s Law is sin (Isaiah 24:4; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:20; 7:17; Eze 18:20; Romans 6:23)

(2) The ceremonial laws of Moses were the work of Moses inspired by God which Moses wrote in a book (Torah, “Pentateuch” The ceremonial/civil laws and ordinances; the first 5 books of the bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). The laws of Moses were spoken by Moses and were separate from God’s Law (10 commandments) and placed beside the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 24:3-4; Deuteronomy 31:9; 24-27). The ceremonial laws were a prescription for sin pointing to Jesus and where a shadow of things to come (Leviticus 1; 3-12; 14-17; 22-23; Number 6-8; 15; 28-29; Deut 12; 33; Ex 25:8; John 1:29; 36; Rev 5:6;Colossians 2:14;17; Hebrews 8:1-5; 6-13; Hebrews 10:1-19; Hebrews chapters 8; 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29)

God’s Law (10 commandments) were the work of God and whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecc 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Ps 19:7). It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Ex 20:1:17, Heb 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Ex 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matt 25:35). God kept the 10 commandments separate from all the ceremonial laws written by Moses (Deut 10:5; 31:9; 24-27). Gods Law is still in force today (Ps 111:7-8, Rev 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Rom 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecc 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Gal 3:24; Rev 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Heb 8:10-12; ) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Rom 13:9-10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15).
More of the same stuff.

Friend, if your interpretation is correct where are your scriptures? Only God's Word is true and we ought to obey God rather than man (Acts 5:29).
1Jn3:19-24 are among my favorite verses and it is correct. The verses tell me I belong to the truth if I believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us (PERIOD). No ritual old covenant commands just commands of morality.
Where there is no law there is no sin. There is no Christian new covenant Sabbath law.

You tell me I have to keep Sabbath and go into great detail twisting the Torah into parts and telling us part of it was nailed to the Cross and the rest of it is binding on man. Scripture never ever said that. Jesus didn't just fulfill part of the Torah, he fulfilled all of it. That is why Paul could write that the law was until Christ and the 10 commandments were temporary. Adventism uses false doctrine and you have bought into it lock, stock and barrel, too bad.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You once did keep the Sabbath didn't you? If you did then you must have been convicted to do so. Now you don't. God's Word talks about those that turn away from from God's Word after they receive it. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. It is the Spirit that convicts us of sin, righteousness and the judgement to come through the Word of God. If we turn away from God's Word we turn away from God who only gives his Spirit to those that obey Him. (Romans 10:17; John 16:8; Acts 5:32).

1, Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2, Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
Your post is just plain sick. The Sabbath was part of the laws given only to Israel as the way they were to live in the desert and in Canaan. They were not salvational in any way. You are the one that is trying to convince us that those laws are salvational. The Bible certainly does not teach that. In the process you assume that we are going to Hell. Going to Hell because we do not cow tow to your mistaken beliefs.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him. Did God direct Moses to write the book of the law. Were they God's words?? If they were then they too would endure forever. the wor "forever" was used 289 times by either God man. How many of those "forevers" can be traced to our times. Paul wrote the the 10 commandments were transitory. They only lasted as long as the covenant from which they came lasted. More of the same stuff.
Nope the difference according to all the scripture you ignored above is that God's Law is God's Work and no one else's and is the reason the ceremonial laws are shadows. Please re-read post # 321 with all the scriptures
1Jn3:19-24 are among my favorite verses and it is correct. The verses tell me I belong to the truth if I believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us (PERIOD). No ritual old covenant commands just commands of morality.
It is your favorite verse that you use out of context to give you a false interpretation of what it is saying. The context is about sin and breaking God's Law (10 commandments). Lets look at it to make things clear.

1 John 3:3-15
3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure. 4, Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him. 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.11, For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12, Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. 13, Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 14, We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loves not his brother abides in death. 15, Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

So the context of 1 John 3:19-24 is how to know if someone is following God or not and that it is obedience to God's Law (10 commandments) which is breaking of God's Law further emphasized in v 15 where it talks about hate and murder (Ex 20:13)... Let's read your scripture in context..

1 John 3:18-24
18, My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19, And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20, For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21, Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22, And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23, And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24, And he that keeps his commandments dwells in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

The context and chapter you quote only supports the other scriptures I share with you and do not support your interpretation of it because the context is love demonstrated by obedience to God's Law (10 commandments) and being free from sin which is disobedience and braking God's Law which can only be achieved through love which is the fulfilling of God's Law (Romans 13:9-10); Being born of God.
Where there is no law there is no sin. There is no Christian new covenant Sabbath law. You tell me I have to keep Sabbath and go into great detail twisting the Torah into parts and telling us part of it was nailed to the Cross and the rest of it is binding on man. Scripture never ever said that. Jesus didn't just fulfill part of the Torah, he fulfilled all of it. That is why Paul could write that the law was until Christ and the 10 commandments were temporary. Adventism uses false doctrine and you have bought into it lock, stock and barrel, too bad.
Nope God's Law is not new it is the same as it has always been. James 2:8-12 and all the other posts with scripture I have sent you that you have not responded to are in harmony with each other.

James 2:8-12
8, If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

God's Word clearly tells us that the 7th Day Sabbath has never been abolished. Jesus and all the disciples kept it as a holy day according to the commandment. Sunday worship however is tradition and teaching of man that has no basis in the Word of God. Jesus goes on to say....

Mat 15:6-9,
Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7, Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9, But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Sunday Worship is a man made teaching and tradition over the Word of God breaking God's 4th commandment. If there is no commandment or scripture in God's Word that tells us to keep Sunday Worship as a Holy day in place of God's 7th Day Sabbath why should we do it? Should we obey the Word of God or man? (see Acts 5:29 for the answer). Do you love Jesus? I love Jesus so I follow Him and my prayer is that you will too.

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your post is just plain sick. The Sabbath was part of the laws given only to Israel as the way they were to live in the desert and in Canaan. They were not salvational in any way. You are the one that is trying to convince us that those laws are salvational. The Bible certainly does not teach that. In the process you assume that we are going to Hell. Going to Hell because we do not cow tow to your mistaken beliefs.

This has already been addressed in post 314 with all the scripture that you have not responded too. Linked for your ease of viewing.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok please show me one scripture from God's Word that answers one question below?

The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

I may be away for for a bit... I will come back as I have time.

If you cannot answer any of the above, who should we obey God or man?

Look forward to hearing back from you. I have to go away for a while back latter,

In Christ Always!

:amen:

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No I was NEVER convicted to observe a set seventh day sabbath, don't know why you would think I was

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the free gift of salvation is from sin not in sin. It is the gift of God because God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life so that we can receive the righteousness of Christ by faith through the operation of God in us our hope of glory, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. Jesus says truly truly I say unto you unless a man is born again he can in no wise see the Kingdom of Heaven and again I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. This is the promise of love written on the heart to love God and our neighbor. If you do not have it you will be judged by it. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You quote circumcision and the laws of Moses. It is clear you do not know the difference between God's Law which is eternal and the shadow of things to come. Of course righteousness comes by faith it is the gift of God and not of yourselves lest any man should boast.
Being born again is when the Holy Spirit enters your life and writes the law in your mind and places it on your heart God desires you to follow. You have been supernaturally changed/ born again by the Spirit. You no longer desire to live as you would naturally desire to live but as God desires you to live. In your mind you instinctively know how God desires you to live for that is where the law has been placed, and in your heart you desire to live in accordance with what has been placed there. And you WILL have heartfelt conviction you sin when you wilfully transgress the law written in your mind and placed on your heart for:
Through the law we become conscious of sin rom3:20

I didn't have to know Bible verses to be convicted it was wrong to steal, murder, commit adultery, covet, bear false witness, or take the Lord's name in vain, for what had been placed inside of me convicted me of that. So that is proof the law had been written in my mind and placed on my heart. I had heartfelt conviction of sin before God for the first time in my life. But I had no heartfelt conviction through the law placed within me I should observe a set seventh day sabbath and neither did you. You only came to that conclusion from reading the OT law handed down at Sania. Clear proof, God did not write that law as written in your mind and place it on your heart. If he had of done your conviction would have come from within, not through reading what is written in ink

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I quoted Paul saying if he was still preaching circumcision/ ie law why was he still being persecuted. And you respond as you did???! That is the only reference I made to circumcision! Paul explaining the was persecuted because he did NOT preach law.
Loving your neighbour, is NOT demanding of him what you do not demand of yourself. There is no love in that my friend. Think carefully. Those who truly follow the law to love others as themselves do not demand of others what they do not even try and attain to in their own lives.
You quote correctly, our righteousness must exceed the Pharisees. They had no love for their neighbour, for they demanded of them what they did not demand of themselves. And by them basing their hopes of heaven on a judgement of observing the law they neglected the love of God( luke11:42)
If you don't follow the two greatest commandments, what righteous living is being shown in your life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The truly born again Christian will NOT be judged on observing the law. They CANNOT for they have no righteousness/ justification of observing the law. And their transgressions of the law will be remembered no more.
For the truly born again Christian in their heart desires to live as God wants them to live. God will not judge such people according to law. They love his son and in their heart desire to obey him. They are in a loving, secure relationship with God through Christ and God loves them dearly. Judgement of observing the law is for those who don't love God and his son and reject Christ as their saviour

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When people tell you your judgement will be based on obeying the TC. Do they really believe they themselves will be cast into hell if they have impure thoughts, look at a woman with lust in their eye, get angry with their neighbour, fail to at all times love God with all their heart, body, soul and mind without distractions at all? Do they believe they will themselves be judged according to whether they built any graven images in their minds, or desired anything at all that is not theirs to desire? Of course they don't. What they preach/ demand of others does not apply to them.
And that's before we get to the second greatest commandment!

• Winner
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the first example of the parable of the sower, Jesus said satan snatched the word out of people's hearts that had been planted there. How could satan do that?

A new convert stands before God, spotless in His sight. They know in their heart they are totally forgiven because Jesus died for them. He is their rightstanding/ righteousness before God. They did nothing to earn or deserve this rightstanding, it was a free gift given because they repented, and asked Christ to be Lord and Saviour of their life.
How can satan now take out from the person's heart what was been planted there? Well he would have a tough job convincing the convert Jesus didn't die for him, for they are sure he did. But satan is subtle, he doesn't have to convince the convert of that. He appeals to logic. He reminds the convert, by planting the thought in their head, that God hates sin, sin is the barrier between God and man. No Christian can go around living a sinfull lifestyle, so the sin must go if he wants to remain a christian. The convert accepts this logic, for who could argue against it? And so they set out on the Christian path, determined to live a life without sin so they may remain saved.
Satan has now snatch the word out of the man's heart that was planted there. He no longer stands before God spotless, and righteous/ justified in his sight because Jesus died for him. His righteousness/ being saved now hinges on him observing the law, not the fact Christ is his saviour

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok please show me one scripture from God's Word that answers one question below?

The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

I may be away for for a bit... I will come back as I have time.

If you cannot answer any of the above, who should we obey God or man?

Look forward to hearing back from you. I have to go away for a while back latter,

In Christ Always!

:amen:
Please just answer one simple question and we can easily settle this difference of opinion.
When you became a Christian and the law was written in your mind and placed on your heart, did the law within you convict you, that you must observe a set seventh day sabbath. Or, were you only convicted of that by reading what was written in ink in the OT?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well if you agreed righteousness of observing the law ended, because the penalty for transgression was removed. But what as written in nine of the law, that was on tablets of stone was transferred onto tablets if human hearts, simply meaning the believer in their heart desires to live as God wants them to live, all your contradictions would vanish
Who gave the reason the law was removed because it's penalty was removed? Isn't the penalty removed because sin is removed voiding the law? The act of sin wasn't removed. It's impossible to unring a bell.

It's not the law issued at Sinai transferred to the heart. The heart (will) is changed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.