GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The penalty for transgressing the law us removed from Christians. Hence:
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more.
The penalty is removed because the law God desires you follow us written in your mind and placed in your heart. With NO attached penalty for transgression

Which law is placed there?

Through the law we become conscious of sin rom3:20

Would Christians be conscious they sinned if they committed adultery, stole, bore false witness, coveted?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The penalty for transgressing the law us removed from Christians. Hence:
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more.
The penalty is removed because the law God desires you follow us written in your mind and placed in your heart. With NO attached penalty for transgression

Which law is placed there?

Through the law we become conscious of sin rom3:20

Would Christians be conscious they sinned if they committed adultery, stole, bore false witness, coveted?
You seem to think the law given to Israel is placed in the heart contrary to Scripture.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well if you agreed righteousness of observing the law ended, because the penalty for transgression was removed. But what as written in nine of the law, that was on tablets of stone was transferred onto tablets if human hearts, simply meaning the believer in their heart desires to live as God wants them to live, all your contradictions would vanish

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All laws dealing with morality have always been and will be. Laws given to Israel dealing with ritual issues ended when the covenant ended and that is at Calvary. Jesus fulfilled the requirements of Torah. Fulfill means to bring to an end.

The fact is that the 9 commandments were just a few laws that deal with morality. The fourth one dealt with a ritual day.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: If you can't show them then for the claims you make then why do you not believe God's Word? As for me I must follow the Word of God because I love Jesus. Do you love Jesus Bob? Bob S, reply: I am sure you do love Jesus, why would you wonder if I love Him? Is it because I refuse to keep a day that ended at Calvary, a day that was dedicated to only one nation and has no bearing on my salvation, a day that was conjured up by a few unknowing people and exploited by a false prophet? Oy!

The Old and the New Covenants were only ever given to God’s people. The true believers. Israel is God’s name for his people given by God to describe his people as being overcomers. The scriptures say this about the origin of the name God gave to his people and who Israel are in God’s eyes.

Who are Israel?

Israel" is only a name given by God himself to represent his people. It has its origin from Gen 32:28 where Jacob wrestled with the Angel and prevailed ...for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Its meaning is his posterity will rule as God. Jacob had 12 sons representing the 12 tribes of Israel. This is God's people and today anyone the is following Jesus is part of God's spiritual Israel according to God's Word. The same New Covenant is written for God's people who are now spiritual Israel following. Scripture support;

Gal 3:28-29,
There is neither Jew nor Greek
, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Col 3:11,
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew,
circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Rom 10:11-13,
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 2:28-29,
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly;
neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Jer 31:33-4,
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Heb 8:10-12,
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 10:14-17,
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, this is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Gal 3:29,
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

The New Covenant is for Spiritual Israel which represent God’s followers the believers. If you are not part of spiritual Israel you are not part of the New Covenant (Heb 8:10-12). Our opinions do not mean anything only God's Word is true. I believe God’s Word Bob, how about you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Spoken by God himself to His people and held separate from the ceremonial laws of Moses because they were the work of God himself.
Bob S, reply: Obviously you are not saavy concerning the book of the law. All the commands in the book were not ceremonial. In fact the commands to love God and the command to love neighbors are not found in what you refer as God's word. They are found in what you refer to as the ceremonial laws. Another fact is that is s the SDA church that divides the 10 from the remainder of the Law. Israelites never did and God never told them to divide them All were considered as equal in providing guidance to Israel

Did I ever say all the commands in the Torah were ceremonial? The first five books in the bible are the Torah and I have never said that all of these are the ceremonial laws of Moses. Do you know what are the ceremonial laws of Moses are? Who is talking about dividing God’s Law and the ceremonial laws of Moses? Not me. I only said and provided scripture to show that they are not the same as each other and had a different role under the Old Covenant and were separate from each other because one was to pass away and the other is forever. (Ecc 3:14)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Where are your scriptures?
Bob S, reply: God's Word we find that the 10 commandments became non binding because they were temporary laws. They were temporary because they ended along with the remainder of Torah at Calvary. 2Cor3:7-11, Gal 3:19 You know the verses you will not comment on nor recognize as part of scripture.

Your interpretation of 2Cor 3:7-11 and Gal 3:19 saying that God’s 10 commandments are “Non-binding” and “temporary” and “ended at the cross” is a false interpretation of God’s Word and is in contradiction to the Word of God. Your statement above only shows you do not know the difference between the ceremonial laws of Moses and God’s Law (10 commandments) which is forever or the roles they both play in the Old and the New Covenants. Here you go Bob I will just use a few New Testament scriptures only. Please harmonize these 20+ scriptures with your interpretation that God’s Law (10 commandments) being ended at the cross. As they say the opposite of what you believe. No theories or opinions please use scripture.

Matthew 5:17-19,
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18, For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19, Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:17,
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

James 2:8-12
8, If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

James 2:17, Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
James 2:20, But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

1 John 2:3-4,
3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

James 2:10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

John 14:15, If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:10, If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Matthew 5:27-28,
27,Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28, But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 John 3:3-10,
3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8, He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1 John 5:2-3,
2, By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3, For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6,
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust,3 except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
v12, Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Acts 17:30
In times of this ignorance God winks at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Hebrews 10:26-27
26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Really? So according you God's Law (the 10 commandments) are the work of man when God's Word says God made them without man?
Bob S, reply: You have committed Bob's mortal sin by trying to instill a thought that in no way did I write. Why would you go to such a extent? You who is part of an organization that brags that they keep the 10 commandments of which one is thou shalt not lie.

When have you heard me brag about anything? My comments above were from post 224 where you accused me of lying when I said that God’s Law (10 commandments) were different to the ceremonial laws of Moses.
That is an absolute untruth LGW. I do not trust your posts and this statement is absurd. All of Torah was the work of God.
This was in spite of the scriptures that say…

(1) God’s Law (10 commandments) is the work of God alone written with His own finger on two tables of stone, spoken by God himself to His people and placed alone in the Ark of the Covenant. (Exodus 32:16; 31:18; Exodus 20:1-17; Deuteronomy 10:5) Breaking God’s Law is sin (Isaiah 24:4; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:20; 7:17; Eze 18:20; Romans 6:23)

(2) The ceremonial laws of Moses were the work of Moses inspired by God which Moses wrote in a book (Torah, “Pentateuch” The ceremonial/civil laws and ordinances; the first 5 books of the bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). The laws of Moses were spoken by Moses and were separate from God’s Law (10 commandments) and placed beside the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 24:3-4; Deuteronomy 31:9; 24-27). The ceremonial laws were a prescription for sin pointing to Jesus and where a shadow of things to come (Leviticus 1; 3-12; 14-17; 22-23; Number 6-8; 15; 28-29; Deut 12; 33; Ex 25:8; John 1:29; 36; Rev 5:6;Colossians 2:14;17; Hebrews 8:1-5; 6-13; Hebrews 10:1-19; Hebrews chapters 8; 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29)

God’s Law (10 commandments) were the work of God and whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecc 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Ps 19:7). It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Ex 20:1:17, Heb 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Ex 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matt 25:35). God kept the 10 commandments separate from all the ceremonial laws written by Moses (Deut 10:5; 31:9; 24-27). Gods Law is still in force today (Ps 111:7-8, Rev 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1John 3:5-8, 1John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Rom 3:20; 1John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecc 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Gal 3:24; Rev 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Heb 8:10-12; ) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Rom 13:9-10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Now where are your scriptures saying that God’s 10 commandments and the ceremonial laws of Moses are the same? If you cannot show me your scriptures, why do you accuse me of lying and why do you not believe God’s Word?

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now, now, Bob, are you being honest now? When have you heard me brag about anything? Your accusations mean nothing to me because you are not honest. My comments above were from post 224 where you accused me of lying when I said that God’s Law (10 commandments) were different to the ceremonial laws of Moses.
I didn't say that you brag, I said you are part of an organization that brags. The way you write indicates that the remainder of the law was inferior to the 10 and are not the "work" of God. Go back and critique yourself brother. You might just surprise yourself.

(1) God’s Law (10 commandments) is the work of God alone written with His own finger on two tables of stone, spoken by God himself to His people and placed alone in the Ark of the Covenant. (Exodus 32:16; 31:18; Exodus 20:1-17; Deuteronomy 10:5) Breaking God’s Law is sin (Isaiah 24:4; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:20; 7:17; Eze 18:20; Romans 6:23)
That fact does not matter to Christians who follow the new covenant written by the ambassadors of Jesus.

(2) The ceremonial laws of Moses were the work of Moses inspired by God which Moses wrote in a book (Torah, “Pentateuch” The ceremonial/civil laws and ordinances; the first 5 books of the bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). The laws of Moses were spoken by Moses and were separate from God’s Law (10 commandments) and placed beside the Ark of the Covenant
That is not the truth and you of all people should know it is not. All of the law was the work of God. Moses part was to dictate what God told him to write. It would have taken a mack truck to have carried all the stones it would have taken to write all of the Torah on stones. God didn't even include the great command to love Him and to love their fellow man on the stones, but He did in the book.

Now where are your scriptures saying that God’s 10 commandments and the ceremonial laws of Moses are the same? If you cannot show me your scriptures, why do you accuse me of lying and why do you not believe God’s Word?
I said all the law is from God. There is no scripture indicating that one part is more important than another. It is you that is making that connotation. The 10 commandments and the remainder of the law were written in the book. Israel lost the ark, but had the scrolls for what is now scripture. Jews have never separated Torah into two parts or more like you are trying to do to try to prove your false theory.

By the way, I have never received an apology, all I get when I call you out is a ditto and some worthless excuses.

And another thing of which to remind you , the old covenant was not ever about salvation it was to be the laws that governed Israel while in the desert and in the land of Canaan. Yet you and your church make Sabbath a salvational issue. EX19:5-6

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4} Ellen White

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that you brag, I said you are part of an organization that brags. The way you write indicates that the remainder of the law was inferior to the 10 and are not the "work" of God. Go back and critique yourself brother. You might just surprise yourself.That fact does not matter to Christians who follow the new covenant written by the ambassadors of Jesus. That is not the truth and you of all people should know it is not. All of the law was the work of God. Moses part was to dictate what God told him to write. It would have taken a mack truck to have carried all the stones it would have taken to write all of the Torah on stones. God didn't even include the great command to love Him and to love their fellow man on the stones, but He did in the book. I said all the law is from God. There is no scripture indicating that one part is more important than another. It is you that is making that connotation. The 10 commandments and the remainder of the law were written in the book. Israel lost the ark, but had the scrolls for what is now scripture. Jews have never separated Torah into two parts or more like you are trying to do to try to prove your false theory. By the way, I have never received an apology, all I get when I call you out is a ditto and some worthless excuses. And another thing of which to remind you , the old covenant was not ever about salvation it was to be the laws that governed Israel while in the desert and in the land of Canaan. Yet you and your church make Sabbath a salvational issue. EX19:5-6 It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4} Ellen White

Seems like you are trying to twist what I say. All I have said is that God's Laws (10 commandments) are His work alone, he made them alone and by himself without any help from man to write them. That is why they are God's Laws and they are forever (Ecc 3:14) and the standard in the Old and New Covenant and the Judgement to come. The ceremonial laws of Moses however were shadows pointing to Jesus that were finished and fulfilled at the cross. (Hebrews 8:1-5; 6-13; Hebrews 10:1-19; Colosians 2:14;17; Hebrews chapters 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29). The ceremonial laws of Moses were not God's Law (aka the 10 commandments) that were abolished at the cross. Here are more scriptures I provided you as a reminder...

(1) God’s Law
(10 commandments) is the work of God alone written with His own finger on two tables of stone, spoken by God himself to His people and placed alone in the Ark of the Covenant. (Exodus 32:16; 31:18; Exodus 20:1-17; Deuteronomy 10:5) Breaking God’s Law is sin (Isaiah 24:4; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:20; 7:17; Eze 18:20; Romans 6:23)

(2) The ceremonial laws of Moses were the work of Moses inspired by God which Moses wrote in a book (Torah, “Pentateuch” The ceremonial/civil laws and ordinances; the first 5 books of the bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). The laws of Moses were spoken by Moses and were separate from God’s Law (10 commandments) and placed beside the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 24:3-4; Deuteronomy 31:9; 24-27). The ceremonial laws were a prescription for sin pointing to Jesus and where a shadow of things to come (Leviticus 1; 3-12; 14-17; 22-23; Number 6-8; 15; 28-29; Deut 12; 33; Ex 25:8; John 1:29; 36; Rev 5:6;Colossians 2:14;17; Hebrews 8:1-5; 6-13; Hebrews 10:1-19; Hebrews chapters 8; 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29)

God’s Law (10 commandments) were the work of God and whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecc 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Ps 19:7). It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Ex 20:1:17, Heb 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Ex 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matt 25:35). God kept the 10 commandments separate from all the ceremonial laws written by Moses (Deut 10:5; 31:9; 24-27). Gods Law is still in force today (Ps 111:7-8, Rev 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Rom 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecc 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Gal 3:24; Rev 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Heb 8:10-12; ) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Rom 13:9-10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Friend, if your interpretation is correct where are your scriptures? Only God's Word is true and we ought to obey God rather than man (Acts 5:29).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
WHAT DID JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TEACH ABOUT GOD’S LAW

Jesus taught the 10 commandments…..

1. Jesus kept God’s Law (10 commandments) and said the Law and the prophets would not pass away (Matt 5:17-18)
2. Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
3. Jesus taught that Love is the fulfilling (doing) of God’s Law (10 commandments Matt 22:36-40)
4. If we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not following God (Matt 15:3-9)
5. Jesus says if we commit sin we are a servant of sin and he has come to free us from sin (John 8:32-36)
6. Jesus taught if you love God you will keep God’s Law and abide in His Love (John 14:15; 15:10
7. If anyone is breaking any of God’s commandments and teaching others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven <least = lost> (Matt 15:19)
8. No one can obey God’s Law producing the fruit of obedience of ourselves and unless we abide in Jesus we can do nothing (John 15:4-10)

Paul affirms the Ten Commandments……

1. Paul teaches God's people keep the Sabbath Hebrews 4.
2. Paul tells gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Cor 7:19
3. Paul tells gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Rom 2:13-16
4. Paul asks that gentiles consider the doctrine of LAW "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we establish the Law of God" Rom 3:31
5. Paul tells ALL Christians that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Rom 8:6-8
6 Paul reaches all Christians under the NEW Covenant that God's LAW as known in Jer 31:31-33 is "written on the heart and mind" Heb 8:7-11
7. Paul tells all Christians that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine 2Tim 3:16
AND He never claims that "if I did not write it -- it is not scripture for us today" -- as one or two have imagined for us.
8. Paul tells all Christians that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" Eph 6:1-2 and is binding on all Christians.
9. God's Law (10 commandments) are holy, just and good (Rom 7:12)
10. God's Law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Rom 3:20; 7:7)
11. The penalty of breaking God's Law without Jesus is death (Rom 6:23)
12. If we break God's Law we dishonor God (Rom 2:23)
13. If we sin we are "under the Law" and guilty before God (Rom 3:19)
14. We are saved by faith but our faith establishes the Law in us (Rom 3:31)
15. If we are saved by grace we should not break God's Law (Rom 6:1-7)
16. We should not break God's Law if we are under grace (Rom 6:15)
17. We are to serve the Law of God through the mind because that is where sin starts (Rom 6:17; 7:25; 8:4; 12:2)
18. It is God's Law that brings us to Jesus (Gal 3:24)
19. God's salvation frees us from sin so we can be obedient to God's Law and live a life of holiness (Rom 6:22)
20. We will be judged by God's Law and only those that are obedient will be justified because of their faith (Rom 2:4-13)
21. God's Law can only be obeyed through love and a changed heart which comes by faith in God's Word (Rom 2:21-29; 13:9-10; Heb 8:9-10)
22. If we break God's Law and are in unrepentant sin we will be lost and will received God's judgements (Heb 10:26-27)

John affirms the 10 commandments……

1. John says it is only by keeping God’s 10 commandments that we know that we know God (1 John 2:3)
2. If someone says that they know God and do not keep God’s 10 commandments they are lying and not telling the truth (1 John 2:4)
3. We should purify ourselves as Jesus is pure (1 John 3:3)
4. Sin is the breaking of God’s 10 commandments (1 John 3:4)
5. Whoever is abiding in Christ does not commit sin (1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10)
6. If you are in unrepentant sin you have not seen Jesus or know him (1 John 3:6)
7. John warns us that only those that are obedience to God’s Law are his true followers (1 John 3:7)
8. If someone is committing unrepentant sin they are following the devil and not God (1 John 3:7)
9. If you are born of God and abiding in him you will not commit sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10
10. It is the keeping of God’s commandments that is the difference between those that are following God and those that are not following God (1 John 3:10; 1 John 5:3)
11. It is only by Love through faith that we can keep God’s commandments (1 John 5:3-4)
12. God’s true believers in the end days will keep all of God’s commandments through faith in Jesus (Rev 14:12; 22:14)

James also affirms the 10 commandments…….

1. James says God’s Law (10 commandments) are a Royal Law (James 2:8)
2. If we break one of God’s commandments we a guilty before God as sinners breaking all of God’s Law and gave some examples of breaking God’s Law (James 2:9-11)
3. James says God’s Law is a law of liberty and freedom (James 2:12)
4. The 10 commandments (God’s Law) are the standard in the judgment (James 2:12)
5. If our faith does not have the fruit of obedience to God’s Law it is dead and not true faith (James 2:16-26)

Peter affirms the 10 commandments……..

1. Sanctification is to obedience to God’s Law (1 Pet 1:2)
2. We can only be changed from sin to obedience to God’s Law by the power of God and it will be revealed in the last days (1 Pet 1:5)
3. We should give up our sins to be holy because Jesus is holy (1 Pet 1:13-16)
4. Jesus is your example who did no sin (1 Pet 2:21-22)
5. Cease from sin and do not live in the flesh (1 Pet 4:1-3)
6. Judgement will begin at the house of God and sinners (those breaking God’s 10 commandments) will not be saved.
7. God has given us his precious promises and as we believe them God will grant us his divine power to live a life of Godliness (obedience to God’s Law; 2 Pet 1:2-4)
8. The Un-Godly (disobedient to God’s Law) will be like Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Pet 2:6)
9. If any turn away from God’s Law and are in unrepentant sin breaking any of God’10 commandments they will be lost (2 Pet 2:20-22)
10 God is not willing that any should perish but that everyone should come to repentance and turn away from sin to follow God’s 10 commandments because those that do not will receive the judgements of God (2 Pet 3:5-14)

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Rev 14:12; Rev 22:14; Eze 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24; 1 Cor 11:1; Eph 5:1-21; Pet 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)

God’s Law in the NC is written on our hearts it is through love and it is love the fulfils God’s Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the spirit and is why Jesus says f you love me keep my commandments. (John 14:15; John 15:10). If we knowingly break one of God’s commandments we commit sin (1 John 3:4).

BTW. This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which Jesus made for us and commands us to keep as a holy day.

In Christ Always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can the judgement to come be based on observance of the law, when the Christian has no justification/ righteousness of observing the law?

And how can the basis of the christians judgement be observing the law, when one of the two main clauses of the NC states:
Their sins and lawless deeds/ transgressions of the law I will remember no more

Paul wrote:

Brothers if i am still preaching circumcision( ie law) why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offence of the cross has been abolished. Gal5:11
Why is not preaching law the true offence of the cross?

Despite the words people state, they in their heart want credit for attaining heaven, in reality they want a righteousness they earnt. It is not theirs to have:

Not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law but that which is through faith in Christ. The righteousness that comes from God and is by faith
Phil3:9

The law is not based on faith
Gal3:12

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.