GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The law of sin and death got abolished. The ministration of death and condemnation got abolished. It requires the penalty for sin to be in place. Christ died to pay the believers penalty. He did not die to remove what was written in the moral law.
Proven by the fact, if you transgress, nine of the TC as written you will be conscious you sin by doing so
What requires death? Isn't it the law about its violation? You just posted the ministration of death got abolished. Get a dictionary.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
From ancient times, a king’s seal always contained three main elements: his name, his title, and his territory. It’s no accident that within the law of God, you will find His seal. “The Lord made heaven, and earth, and the sea” (Exodus 20:11). There you have it!

His name, Yahweh; His title, Creator; His territory, the heavens and earth. The seal of God is found in the Sabbath commandment!
I find all 3 are found in the NT about the Holy Spirit God seals us with.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said: the gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law if Moses
The Apostles and elders met to discuss THIS QUESTION
Acts15:5&6

Instead we should write to them telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols from sexual immorality from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. For MOSES has been preached in every city from earliest times and is read in synagogues on the sabbath
Verses20&21

I guess people will say anything in order to defend errant beliefs

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The law has not been annihilated but the law has been abolished.
The law that has been abolished does not make you conscious of sin, the law that has been abolished does make you conscious of sin.
The law written on stone is not the law written in the mind and placed on the heart of the Christian, however, if Christians transgress nine of the laws as written on stone they will be conscious they sin by doing so.
The only law in your heart is the law of love, however, if you break nine of the laws written on stone which are not in your heart, you will specifically be conscious you have sinned because you transgressed them. You won't simply be conscious you sinned by failing to love as you should.

Yeppers, contradictions abound.
As they always must with incorrect understanding
I find no mention about specific parts of the law being abolished. I do find statements about the (whole) law being abolished. Romans has several and other letters from Paul have those kinds of statements.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Friend,
Our opinions do not mean anything with God. Only God's Word is important. I have never said the ceremonial laws of Moses were not inspired by God. Only that they were written by Moses and part of the Old Covenant. They are not Gods Law written by God (aka 10 commandments) that were the work of God himself that are forever (Ecc 3:14). It was the ceremonial laws of Moses that were nailed to the cross along with our sins because Jesus is the true Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world and this is what the ceremonial laws of Moses all pointed to. (Colosians 2:14;17; Hebrews 8:1-5; 6-13; Hebrews 10:1-19; Hebrews chapters 9; 10; John 1:29; 1Cor 5:6-7; Rom 2:28-29). God''s Law however (10 commandments are forever. This includes the 7th day Sabbath which is one of the 10 (Ex 20:1-17; James 2:8-12)
Don't you speak of them as laws of Moses rather than laws of God? Don't you make a difference about the stone tablets? Now you say the laws of Moses are given (inspired) from God. Don't you say the laws of Moses are what was nailed to the cross?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did you miss -

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. LK 24

or -

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. Heb 7

bugkiller
Must have had a problem posting. I normally don't see repeat posts from you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More dissention in the camp. One says the law makes us conscious of sin so is not abolished. Another says it is abolished. Difficult to keep up with the fluctuating statements
What you're saying to me is keeping the law is required. It's impossible to keep opposing things. Besides Jesus doesn't teach and require the law and Paul says we've been delivered from the law.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.