Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But God believes extra instructions are needed, or He would not have included extra instructions in the Bible- for both husbands and wives.

Agree, Galatea...........there are definitely clearly defined roles and instructions in the bible distinguishing between men and women. Through reading the bible and by the Help of His Spirit and nature within us we come to understand and live it out more and more, obeying the word.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am unmarried, but would reckon that love for your husband or wife is something more than loving your neighbor.

You are exactly correct. The love I have for God is different than the love I have for my wife. The love I have for my wife is different than the love I have for my daughter. The love I have for other people is different than those mentioned. If I loved someone else's wife like I love my wife, that would be an enormous sin issue. If I loved my dog that same way I love God, that is a huge idolatry issue.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
a female must submit to a male

That is not what the passage says. It says wives submit to your husband. Far more than just a female submitting to a male. It does not say wives (as a female) submit to all husbands everywhere (because they are male). Moreover, it is between the wife and God on how she submits to her husband. The passage does not say "husbands make sure your wife is submitting to you".

It also follows that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the church. If a husband is becoming more and more Christ-like, the wife should have no problem submitting to the husband, because the husband is leading the wife in humility and gentleness, not with arrogance, pride or tyranny.

and a female should not speak in church

There is a context here. If a woman is causing a disruption in church, with gossip, false prophesy or false teaching, she should keep silent.

I personally dont feel that i am superior or inferior to a female

I never claimed I was superior to anyone. But Paul did call us to walk in humility:

Ephesians 5:21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

and I am not sure that our spirits have a gender.

The Bible says we have genders, it was not referring to just our physical appearance. It never says we lose genders on the other side of the grave that I am aware of. Don't let yourself be confused by the post-modern insanity we live in.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But God believes extra instructions are needed, or He would not have included extra instructions in the Bible- for both husbands and wives.

I am unmarried, but would reckon that love for your husband or wife is something more than loving your neighbor.
To love your family is easy, even the publicans do that. Now loving your enemies is a different story.....this is what the bible is about.....treating your neighbor as yourself.

I happen to see the passages of husband and wife to be more than literal. But literal interpretations can have there benefits.....and the ones that dont (like women being silent) are usually just ignored anyway. And I see not fault in that.
The Law is good. Any man who speaks against it would be considered least in the kingdom.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not what the passage says. It says wives submit to your husband. Far more than just a female submitting to a male. It does not say wives (as a female) submit to all husbands everywhere (because they are male). Moreover, it is between the wife and God on how she submits to her husband. The passage does not say "husbands make sure your wife is submitting to you".

It also follows that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the church. If a husband is becoming more and more Christ-like, the wife should have no problem submitting to the husband, because the husband is leading the wife in humility and gentleness, not with arrogance, pride or tyranny.

There is a context here. If a woman is causing a disruption in church, with gossip, false prophesy or false teaching, she should keep silent.

I never claimed I was superior to anyone. But Paul did call us to walk in humility:

Ephesians 5:21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

The Bible says we have genders, it was not referring to just our physical appearance. It never says we lose genders on the other side of the grave that I am aware of. Don't let yourself be confused by the post-modern insanity we live in.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Thank you for your opinion. From the tone of your response and your misinterpretations of my post, I feel further conversation would not be fruitful.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the one that came first to mind. “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;” (Eph 5:25 KJV)

Now, to what point does Jesus love the Church? He loves it so much that while we were yet sinners, He died for us. (Rom 5:8) He loves us so much that He is the guarantor in His promise that the Church would prevail. (Matt 16:18) He loves us so much that he said that any two or three would gather in His name, He would be in our midst.

For an omnipotent powerful, omniscient God to say something like that, that He is making Himself servant to us, to make sure that we are always loved, to give us the greatest gift--eternal life, and to make it available to us so that, by our own choice, we could achieve it, and then to guarantee that His Church would prevail, and that He would be with us, whenever we gather together in His name, well, that speaks volumes. Much more than any man (including myself) is even ABLE to do, WOW! Not only that, but He also guaranteed that the Father would send the Holy Spirit upon us. I am astounded that the Creator of the universe is willing to tie Himself to us with such bonds of love.

Amen brother Brennan....He could squash us with one little breath of His nostrils if He wanted to, but instead He bends down to serve us and disciple us. And that is such a wonderful picture of husbands with wives as well. What is man that God is mindful of us? We are not worthy, but doesn't it make us love Him all the more!....thinking of wives and husbands too.

Once I asked the Lord to show me His glory........and He showed me a diamond, how the whole spectrum of light gets focused down and reflected through the prism of a little tiny diamond........His glorious and beautiful nature and humility.....shown to us in the Lord Jesus Christ and how He walked as a man. No wonder His sign of covenant is a rainbow.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess this sounds like a sob story and that was not my intent, I think, but since you were kind enough to ask, I think the answer is no.

Now, if I can just stop talking about this on CF!

Not at all brother, you came here seeking some biblical answers to your role as a man in your household in face of certain challenges............I'm only sorry that, as I thought, so few men seem interested in this subject and that we didn't see more teaching, you are probably hungry for more, as I am also......I'm very appreciative of those who are interested, and have sought and are seeking the Lord's wisdom on how to walk as Godly men, who came and shared. But the lack of interest of most, seems to highlight there is a serious need to pray for the men in the church, so this has been a good reminder for me to pray accordingly......and for women too who have bought into the lies of the world.

Encourage you to keep seeking the Lord for your situation, brother, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, and working out more than we know, do not lose heart.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Quality time? Joint task, where the member and you can work together and forge a deeper relationship. Something the other person would enjoy, be good at and can get some loving positive comments and a greater sense of purpose? Less time to do the unfruitful things then. There are a number of proverbs advising against being a sluggard. Not saying that the person is but the wisdom imparted in those could hold true to your situation. Have a think on the suggestion.

(Is the person stressed or got sensory overload? My daughter might be on the ASD spectrum (when tested scored high enoungh but diagnosis is witheld for nowas she has a lot of strengths) and is drawn to screens to relax.. she touches things and smells them a lot as she has sensory issues it soothes and noise, bright light stress.)

Just a thought, sorry to intrude on this thread.
There's a lot to be said for people - family members, people in local church fellowship - spending quality time with one another.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amen brother Brennan

The name is Brendan. (forgive me, but his testimony stirred me up so much that when I was tonsured a monk, I took his name.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not at all brother, you came here seeking some biblical answers to your role as a man in your household in face of certain challenges............I'm only sorry that, as I thought, so few men seem interested in this subject and that we didn't see more teaching, you are probably hungry for more, as I am also......I'm very appreciative of those who are interested, and have sought and are seeking the Lord's wisdom on how to walk as Godly men, who came and shared. But the lack of interest of most, seems to highlight there is a serious need to pray for the men in the church, so this has been a good reminder for me to pray accordingly......and for women too who have bought into the lies of the world.

Encourage you to keep seeking the Lord for your situation, brother, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, and working out more than we know, do not lose heart.
Thanks, sister. I will keep at it. Encourage you to keep your eyes on God in your search, too.

Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0

Xavier Cane

Jan 24, 2017
Ohio
✟12,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bringing this over from another thread:

I am a woman who believes what is written in the bible, and I pop something on my head even in my private prayer time, as well as believe in male headship. However, I would love for once to see just one post teaching Christian men how to be Godly men...........the fact that in the more than 30 years I have known the Lord, time and time again I have heard sermons and seen posts concerning women submitting to husbands and covering heads etc, but almost nothing to teach men what God asks of them. It tells me that almost nobody understands what God requires of the men, since they never bring it up. It gets even more concerning especially when we consider that oft reminding is always needed on all things biblical, much less initial teaching. Since men have GOD-GIVEN leadership......it follows that if they had been living according to God's standards as men, there would not be so many problems that we see concerning women in the church nowadays, since the tail on a Body naturally tends to follow the head when it's going somewhere, most of the time at least.

(And I would add that Hillsong's and the whole church's problems go way deeper than a woman on stage having her hair shaved hair or not, so to solve outward symptons, why not focus on the root problems first.)

So guys..........I am challenging you..........let's see what you know about how you are supposed to comport yourselves on this earth, in the Body of Christ and in your homes. Let's hear it gentlemen, please...........dying for thirst here on that subject! Famine in the land! :)

Read 1 Corinthians 11:15
Just and FYI, when Paul was referring to head coverings, he was talking about Long Hair vs Short Hair. In the old testament, if a woman committed adultery, one of the ways of punishing her was to shave in effort to shame her, this was tradition more than law. Paul understood this, hence through the Holy Spirit instructed women to maintain their long hair, as to not be mistaken as a harlot, or one caught in adultery. It has nothing to do with putting on a hat, or cloth. The Glory of a man is his wife, the Glory of the woman is her hair. Just and FYI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Read 1 Corinthians 11:15
Just and FYI, when Paul was referring to head coverings, he was talking about Long Hair vs Short Hair. In the old testament, if a woman committed adultery, one of the ways of punishing her was to shave in effort to shame her, this was tradition more than law. Paul understood this, hence through the Holy Spirit instructed women to maintain their long hair, as to not be mistaken as a harlot, or one caught in adultery. It has nothing to do with putting on a hat, or cloth. The Glory of a man is his wife, the Glory of the woman is her hair. Just and FYI.
But what does it mean to be "the glory" of someone?

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I know (I didn't know you weren't a counselor, but I didn't expect a detailed set of advice). Just posted it in desperation, probably foolish to do so.

I have tried such things (and clergy) and they always bottom out pretty fast. They may be great resources, but for this situation, I always end up explaining and then they just sit there agape...or telling me that the situation is abnormal. I know it's abnormal! It seems there is a limited repertoire of things these groups and clergy have a response to, and while that may cover most instances, it doesn't seem to cover this. No one's fault - who can do everything?

Just frustrating because I look for secular help, Christian help, any help, and I just keep coming up blank. I just don't have infinite resources and eventually I'm going to collapse under the weight of this. Then, of course, it'll be "you're the head of the family! YOU can't collapse!" Anyway, I guess this is a little off-topic, but not entirely.
Anyway, thanks.
Men need other men to ncourage them pray for them and be accountable to........
If you didnt have a good relation with your dad it leaves a void...hard to feel.......
I have tried to be involve in a mans prayer bible study the last 20-30 years. But not always successful....

• Friendly
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2011
✟18,431.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Bringing this over from another thread: ...
:)
I guess you are brethren or arminian evangelical, in which case there may well be a famine in the land about this, whilst the duties of women are highly stressed. But the leadership of the Evangelical Reformed constituency, going back 3 or 4 centuries, have been more balanced. They are strong on the duties of men in holding and leading family worship, of catechizing their children, etc. The Puritans were particularly good on this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you are brethren or arminian evangelical, in which case there may well be a famine in the land about this, whilst the duties of women are highly stressed. But the leadership of the Evangelical Reformed constituency, going back 3 or 4 centuries, have been more balanced. They are strong on the duties of men in holding and leading family worship, of catechizing their children, etc. The Puritans were particularly good on this.

I don't adhere to any particular denomination myself, but was just commenting on what I have seen of the evangelical church in general. What you are saying sounds wonderful, praise the Lord................if only we could get back to that........somehow! I fear it is too late, and that we are in the falling away now.....so it is up to the remnant to be restored to proper and biblical ways. Thank you very much for your response, it was good to be encouraged by that glimpse of how things ought to be.

Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bringing this over from another thread:

I am a woman who believes what is written in the bible, and I pop something on my head even in my private prayer time, as well as believe in male headship. However, I would love for once to see just one post teaching Christian men how to be Godly men...........the fact that in the more than 30 years I have known the Lord, time and time again I have heard sermons and seen posts concerning women submitting to husbands and covering heads etc, but almost nothing to teach men what God asks of them. It tells me that almost nobody understands what God requires of the men, since they never bring it up. It gets even more concerning especially when we consider that oft reminding is always needed on all things biblical, much less initial teaching. Since men have GOD-GIVEN leadership......it follows that if they had been living according to God's standards as men, there would not be so many problems that we see concerning women in the church nowadays, since the tail on a Body naturally tends to follow the head when it's going somewhere, most of the time at least.

(And I would add that Hillsong's and the whole church's problems go way deeper than a woman on stage having her hair shaved hair or not, so to solve outward symptons, why not focus on the root problems first.)

So guys..........I am challenging you..........let's see what you know about how you are supposed to comport yourselves on this earth, in the Body of Christ and in your homes. Let's hear it gentlemen, please...........dying for thirst here on that subject! Famine in the land! :)

My last sentence is the most important, but let me give some details. First a quote:
“We picture the 'authoritative' husband as a domineering figure who makes all the decisions himself, issues commands and expects obedience, inhibits and suppresses his wife, and so prevents her from growing into a mature or fulfilled person. But this is not at all the kind of 'headship' which the apostle Paul describes, whose model is Jesus Christ. Certainly, 'headship' implies a degree of leadership and initiative, as when Christ came to woo and to win his bride. But more specifically it implies sacrifice, self-giving for the sake of the beloved, as when Christ gave himself for his bride. If 'headship' means 'power' in any sense, then it is power to care not to crush, power to serve not to dominate, power to facilitate self-fulfillment, not to frustrate or destroy it. And in all this the standard of the husband's love is to be the cross of Christ, on which he surrendered himself even to death in his selfless love for his bride.” (John R. W. Stott)

As a Christian counselor and psychologist who also has been a marriage counselor for over 30 years, I have noticed some commonalities among many Christians who are struggling with their marriages. When I see a Christian couple, it is common to hear a particular complaint by the husband: “If she would just do what I tell her, everything would be just fine!” He then will refer to a Scripture or two about how wives should submit to their husbands (Col 3:18, Eph 5:22). Rarely does the husband present a balanced view; that is, the husband will bring up what Paul tells wives but will not bring up what he told husbands to do (for example, to “love your wife as Christ loves the Church”) and so he avoids reflecting on the ramifications of what it means to love his wife. He also forgets or avoids bringing up Paul’s command for both husbands and wives to “submit to each other” (Eph 5:21) and for husbands to not be harsh (Col 3:19).

Here are a few interrelated principles about this issue:
1. In general, God made men to be the leaders— not dictators or overbearing rulers, but leaders who care more about their wives and children than about themselves. Christian men are unable to accomplish this impossible unselfish task without the Holy Spirit’s guidance and empowerment. What this means is: until husbands fully submit to God, then he can be expected to fail in his job of leading and loving his family. If a husband has not submitted fully to God, then it will be extremely difficult (if not impossible) for his wife to submit to him. First things first.

2. Leaders must lead—that is, take the initial steps. In general, because men are to be the leaders Christian families, the husband must be make first move toward improvement. Because the husband is the leader, God may not exert His power to change the woman’s faults in the relationship until He changes the most grievous of the man’s faults. For this to happen, the husband must admit his fallibility and faults (this is called repentance), be humble, and ask God to show him how to change. Positive change works best and quickest when it starts with the husband; that is the general rule.

3. In general, if a husband wants his wife to be more submissive, then he must first learn to love his wife to the extent that she actually feels loved and cherished by him. Paul teaches in 1st Corinthians 13 about love. What is the first thing that Paul tells us? “Love is…..” ….that’s right, love is patient. Until I learn to be patient with my wife and not be harsh, why would God teach my wife to be submissive to me?

4. “Submit yourselves, then, to God.” (James 4:7a ) This is the answer to all the most important questions. No one except our heavenly Father is exempt from submission. Submitting to God is always the best we can do for ourselves because God loves us more than we can know—and when we fully submit to God’s will for us, then we can receive forgiveness, healing, and transformation into the “image of Christ.” Everyone wins.

The husband is like the president of the family. Someone must make the final decisions. The “buck stops there.” He was elected (by God) for this purpose. He may not always be right and he may not be bright, but he is always president.

The wife is like the vice president, the chief of staff, the secretary of state, and most of the other cabinet members all rolled into one. No president of any worth is going to ignore the opinions of his cabinet. It is what he has them for….he cannot know everything. They are a team and must work together. They must communicate and listen respectfully.

If the husband constantly puts his wife down and ignores her feelings and views, he can expect less and less cooperation. In some cases, the cabinet will even sabotage his goals and efforts. All because he is a stupid president and does not value what she brings to the table, does not show adequate consideration of her needs and feelings. Not listening to his cabinet can bring down any presidency.

Bottom line: The good husband submits himself fully to Christ and to the scriptures and this will encourage his wife to submit to him. Otherwise, it will be very difficult for her.

Upvote 0

CraigVV

Jul 7, 2013
✟8,665.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I hope this doesn't sound to harsh but as a guy whenever I go to any kind of men's meeting just about the only thing I have ever heard is how to be a good husband and father. To the point of ignoring Christ. I was wondering what church this lady attends because in 35 years I have never once heard a sermon directed to the women on how to be a good wife. Not once. I on the other hand have heard at least 100 for the men's side.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My last sentence is the most important, but let me give some details. First a quote:
“We picture the 'authoritative' husband as a domineering figure who makes all the decisions himself, issues commands and expects obedience, inhibits and suppresses his wife, and so prevents her from growing into a mature or fulfilled person. But this is not at all the kind of 'headship' which the apostle Paul describes, whose model is Jesus Christ. Certainly, 'headship' implies a degree of leadership and initiative, as when Christ came to woo and to win his bride. But more specifically it implies sacrifice, self-giving for the sake of the beloved, as when Christ gave himself for his bride. If 'headship' means 'power' in any sense, then it is power to care not to crush, power to serve not to dominate, power to facilitate self-fulfillment, not to frustrate or destroy it. And in all this the standard of the husband's love is to be the cross of Christ, on which he surrendered himself even to death in his selfless love for his bride.” (John R. W. Stott)

As a Christian counselor and psychologist who also has been a marriage counselor for over 30 years, I have noticed some commonalities among many Christians who are struggling with their marriages. When I see a Christian couple, it is common to hear a particular complaint by the husband: “If she would just do what I tell her, everything would be just fine!” He then will refer to a Scripture or two about how wives should submit to their husbands (Col 3:18, Eph 5:22). Rarely does the husband present a balanced view; that is, the husband will bring up what Paul tells wives but will not bring up what he told husbands to do (for example, to “love your wife as Christ loves the Church”) and so he avoids reflecting on the ramifications of what it means to love his wife. He also forgets or avoids bringing up Paul’s command for both husbands and wives to “submit to each other” (Eph 5:21) and for husbands to not be harsh (Col 3:19).

Here are a few interrelated principles about this issue:
1. In general, God made men to be the leaders— not dictators or overbearing rulers, but leaders who care more about their wives and children than about themselves. Christian men are unable to accomplish this impossible unselfish task without the Holy Spirit’s guidance and empowerment. What this means is: until husbands fully submit to God, then he can be expected to fail in his job of leading and loving his family. If a husband has not submitted fully to God, then it will be extremely difficult (if not impossible) for his wife to submit to him. First things first.

2. Leaders must lead—that is, take the initial steps. In general, because men are to be the leaders Christian families, the husband must be make first move toward improvement. Because the husband is the leader, God may not exert His power to change the woman’s faults in the relationship until He changes the most grievous of the man’s faults. For this to happen, the husband must admit his fallibility and faults (this is called repentance), be humble, and ask God to show him how to change. Positive change works best and quickest when it starts with the husband; that is the general rule.

3. In general, if a husband wants his wife to be more submissive, then he must first learn to love his wife to the extent that she actually feels loved and cherished by him. Paul teaches in 1st Corinthians 13 about love. What is the first thing that Paul tells us? “Love is…..” ….that’s right, love is patient. Until I learn to be patient with my wife and not be harsh, why would God teach my wife to be submissive to me?

4. “Submit yourselves, then, to God.” (James 4:7a ) This is the answer to all the most important questions. No one except our heavenly Father is exempt from submission. Submitting to God is always the best we can do for ourselves because God loves us more than we can know—and when we fully submit to God’s will for us, then we can receive forgiveness, healing, and transformation into the “image of Christ.” Everyone wins.

The husband is like the president of the family. Someone must make the final decisions. The “buck stops there.” He was elected (by God) for this purpose. He may not always be right and he may not be bright, but he is always president.

The wife is like the vice president, the chief of staff, the secretary of state, and most of the other cabinet members all rolled into one. No president of any worth is going to ignore the opinions of his cabinet. It is what he has them for….he cannot know everything. They are a team and must work together. They must communicate and listen respectfully.

If the husband constantly puts his wife down and ignores her feelings and views, he can expect less and less cooperation. In some cases, the cabinet will even sabotage his goals and efforts. All because he is a stupid president and does not value what she brings to the table, does not show adequate consideration of her needs and feelings. Not listening to his cabinet can bring down any presidency.

Bottom line: The good husband submits himself fully to Christ and to the scriptures and this will encourage his wife to submit to him. Otherwise, it will be very difficult for her.

OH WONDERFUL.......I'm almost dancing in my chair.......praise the Lord........is there hope after all?? Light in the darkness?? Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :) :) Thanks brother!! To God be the glory!! All you men out there, have a good read of this! Women too!

NOW ladies, we can help our men out and encourage them in the right direction by being Godly wives and not making this difficult for our husbands, but it is SOOOO encouraging and affirming to hear what the Lord is after in the man, I know this has encouraged me as a wife and woman in the Body of Christ. Thanks so much brother for sharing this.

To hear time and time again about how we should be as women and almost nothing to balance it with Gods instructions for the men, well over time it just slowly beats us women down, drip, drip, drip, drip but this.........has lifted me back up again, thank you Jesus!

And please allow me to share a little bit of understanding the Lord was so gracious to give me just moments ago on this subject, we have been seeing this so "religiously" and missing the mark of God's intention (it's not perfect, but I hope makes the point):

If we understand it right, being submissive to husbands doesn't mean subservient and being a doormat.......remember we are talking about a marriage relationship, mutual love and sharing a life together. It really just means the woman is to respect her husband.........you know how women have a need to feel her husband is attentive to her, well similarly men have a need to feel respected by their wife. And so this is the Lord telling us that a husband should be loving to his wife and that a wife should respect her husband, that's really what it is saying.......the Lord really is helping us to understand the needs of our mate and saying that we should try to give each other what we each need. That is not slavish to either man or wife, it is a recipe for a happy marriage........see how wise our God is, and wrote this down long before there was such a thing as psychologists.

I think this is part of it at least, and praise the Lord........how good is the Lord, I love Him so. :)

Upvote 0