Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's with the condescending words? "It's all there, when you are ready"? Really???!!! Who do you think you are? This is starting to get really old.

No condescension implied.
What you are seeing is me trying to get to a lot of posts, yet at the same time be careful and detailed.

So, let me try it this way...

Why would God make man in "our image" and not give man Free Will. ?

So that would not be logical.

Its would not be logical for God to hold someone accountable for rejecting Christ, and they end up in hell, and it was God who caused them to reject Christ.

That is not Logical, and even moreso, its not true.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok so does Luke teach that the harlot is free to keep on being a prostitute and still be saved?

If she had stopped being a Harlot, and never trusted in Christ, would she be saved?

So, our Salvation, is not based on what we stop doing, or what we start doing.
Salvation is not of you, lest you will "boast" on a forum, and teach us all about your self effort to save yourself.
Galatians 1:8

Listen,
Salvation is GOD on THE Cross, becoming YOUR Sin, and God giving you His very righteousness.
That is why he accepts you, and if you do not have His Righteousness, then you are not born again.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man being created in God’s likeness doesn’t imply that man has all the same attributes that God has.

Adam had God's Likeness.
The WORD says.....>"let us make man in our IMAGE".
Haver you ever looked in a mirror?
Thats your image.
When Adam Looked at God, He was God's own Image.
Jesus said, 'ye be Gods, yet you will die LIKE men".

God is A Spirit.
God's "person' is Jesus.
God's nature is Truth and Righteousness and Love.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Christ the word, the Law, His Spirit is in the heart, mind and mouth how can we not keep that we are. For it is God that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. Not I but Christ. For we are dead never the less we live. Yet not us but Christ lives in us. And the Life we now live in the flesh we live by the FAITH OF the Son of God who gave Himself for us.

So Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ, (the WORD) down from above) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the WORD) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (CHRIST) the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. For God has said, I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And again thus saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. For the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
Just as we choose to believe in Jesus and God accepts our faith to : "Justification by faith", SAVE US......we also choose to live a life that pleases God or not, after He saved us.

We are told to "present our body a living sacrifice' and to "take up our Cross daily".

That is not God causing it, that is God saying we should, now that He has given us Eternal Life.

Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you BOTH to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you BOTH to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Yes.
And you can shut off that power like this...>"Apart from me you can do nothing".

And how do you do that?
By trying to keep the law and commandments, believing that you keep yourself saved by doing this SELF EFFORT.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully sir, you are not considering the whole gospel of Jesus Christ. ALL of the scriptures are inspired by God and should fit together with each other before you can see the full picture. You are avoiding the writings of Paul in Romans 7:7-25.

Every person born by natural birth into this world is born with the sin nature inherited from Adam. Once we have been born again, we still carry the baggage of Adam's sin nature, resulting in a warfare within us. Your assertion that since you have been born again, therefore, you do not ever commit a sin is not in line with the truth of the scriptures.

I advise you to deny yourself and follow the teachings of all of the scriptures.
Faith, the double minded is unstable in all their way.

Two laws are mentioned in Romans chapter seven. The Law of God and the Law of sin which brings death. Chapter 8 tells us We have been made free from the Law of Sin and death through the Law of the Spirit of Life IN Christ Jesus, that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk after the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus and not after the flesh.

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the Law of the Spirit of Life IN Christ Jesus, that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk after the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus and not after the flesh.

Walking "after the flesh" is to try to keep the law and commandments, BELIEVING that this is your "discipleship".

This is to be "fallen from Grace".

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes.
And you can shut off that power like this...>"Apart from me you can do nothing".

And how do you do that?
By trying to keep the law and commandments, believing that you keep yourself saved by doing this SELF EFFORT.
The Life we now liveth in the flesh we live By the FAITH OF the Son of GOD.
And the Just shall live through faith. For the word is in our heart, that is the word of faith in which we preach. For God has said, He will put His laws in our hearts and minds. And He saith, I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my Statutes and Judgments. The New man created in Christ Jesus. Behold all things are new and of God.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Ezek 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Walking "after the flesh" is to try to keep the law and commandments, BELIEVING that this is your "discipleship".

This is to be "fallen from Grace".
Those after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh. For they are carnally minded and not subject to the law of neither can it be. If we live after the flesh we shall die. FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH. But we are not of the flesh, carnally minded we are of the Spirit mortifying the deeds of the body, sin through His indwelling.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Why would God make man in "our image" and not give man Free Will. ?

So that would not be logical.

HOW do you know? —where do you find in Scripture, or even in reasoning, that being made in the image of God includes freewill? Do we resemble God in every way, every detail? Or if we do, to the same degree? It is not logical, nor true. If you hold true to form now, you will demonstrate that freewill only means will and choice, not freedom from causation; then you will return to claim freewill, in which you mean freedom from causation.

Its would not be logical for God to hold someone accountable for rejecting Christ, and they end up in hell, and it was God who caused them to reject Christ.

That is not Logical, and even moreso, its not true.

Perhaps you mean it would not be kindness. Why not logical— because God is kind? Here we go again. Presupposing, for the sake of argument, that God does not cause people to reject him: then the choices people make are still caused, no?, by the chain of cause-and-effect. (Or are you at this point going to jump to the use of 'freewill' where their choices are uncaused, in spite of what logic, science, theology and philosophy all agree on?) So, if God is at the head of that chain of causation, what difference does it make as to whether or not the person's choices are caused? How is God not causing?, yet, if the person was to blame for bad choices under the notion that God did not cause it, how is he suddenly not to blame when God is the first cause of all effects?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If she had stopped being a Harlot, and never trusted in Christ, would she be saved?

So, our Salvation, is not based on what we stop doing, or what we start doing.
Salvation is not of you, lest you will "boast" on a forum, and teach us all about your self effort to save yourself.
Galatians 1:8

Listen,
Salvation is GOD on THE Cross, becoming YOUR Sin, and God giving you His very righteousness.
That is why he accepts you, and if you do not have His Righteousness, then you are not born again.

And what does He say once they are accepted? “Your sins are forgiven, go and sin some more”?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Adam had God's Likeness.
The WORD says.....>"let us make man in our IMAGE".
Haver you ever looked in a mirror?
Thats your image.
When Adam Looked at God, He was God's own Image.
Jesus said, 'ye be Gods, yet you will die LIKE men".

God is A Spirit.
God's "person' is Jesus.
God's nature is Truth and Righteousness and Love.

It’s one thing to say that we look like God but it’s entirely another story to say that we have His attributes.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the Just shall live through faith.

The just shall live BY faith, not "through" it.

See, its God who saves a person THROUGH faith, that we many live because of Christ.

Christ is our redemption, not faith.

Faith is not the Savior.
God is the Savior.
Christ is the means.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh. For they are carnally minded

The carnal mind is "enmity" against God.
This means that when a person is trusting in water, or trusting in communion, or trusting in self effort, or anything but the BLOOD OF JESUS as the only reason that God will accept them, then they are "in the flesh" or "carnally minded" and are in opposition to the Cross of Christ.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HOW do you know? —where do you find in Scripture, or even in reasoning, that being made in the image of God includes freewill?

God is "A" Spirit, and not just "spirit" as you find in phony bibles.
So, in the beginning when man was created in "our image", (Genesis), you find that man was created in God's image.
Thats a spiritual aspect, as God had no body at that time.
So, this "likeness" was Spiritual, and that includes free will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what does He say once they are accepted? “Your sins are forgiven, go and sin some more”?

There is no sin "In Christ.

1 John 3:9

This is why Romans 4:8 tells the born again that God does not charge sin to them...

So, what happens if a "christian" lives in their works of the flesh??
The same thing that happens to an unbeliever who is living in sin.

"sowing and reaping".
"be sure your sin will find you out"

The difference is, what happens to each of those after they die.
See, the unbeliever is this......John 3:36

The Born again are.... "One with God, in Christ'.

The unbelievers will meet God as eternal Judge.
The born again will meet God as "AbbA".

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s one thing to say that we look like God but it’s entirely another story to say that we have His attributes.

At the time God created Adam, He had no human body, so, can you understand that Adam would not "look like God"?

So, this "in our image", is talking about Adam's nature, and Spiritually.
He was equal to God's righteousness, which is what He lost, when he disobeyed God.

'for by ONE MAN (adam) we are made unrighteous.
and by one Man (Jesus) the 2nd Adam, we are restored (born again) to Righteousness.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes.

And how do you do that?

The Life we now liveth in the flesh we live By the FAITH OF the Son of GOD.
And the Just shall live through faith. For the word is in our heart, that is the word of faith in which we preach. For God has said, He will put His laws in our hearts and minds. And He saith, I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my Statutes and Judgments. The New man created in Christ Jesus. Behold all things are new and of God.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Ezek 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
The just shall live BY faith, not "through" it.

See, its God who saves a person THROUGH faith, that we many live because of Christ.

Christ is our redemption, not faith.

Faith is not the Savior.
God is the Savior.
Christ is the means.
Actually it is Out of or out from. By works and so does through.

We live out of, by and through faith through Christ. For it is He that works in us BOTH to WILL and DO His good pleasure

For We are crucified with Christ: nevertheless we live; yet not us, but Christ liveth in us: and the life which we now live in the flesh we live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved us, and gave himself for us.

We live in or by the faith of Son of God because it is not us but Christ who liveth in us. For it is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure.

So Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the Word) down from above: )
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (word) again from the dead. )
But what saith it? The word (CHRIST) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Through Christ in the Heart, the Word is in the Heart, that is the word of Faith in which we preach. And that is the Faith that is being spoken of in which the Just shall live out of, by or through. For God has said, I will put my laws into your hearts and minds. I will put my Spirit in you that you may do it. For with out me you can do nothing. For God has dealt to EVERY man the measure of faith.

For Christ ( the word in the heart and mouth, the faith in which we preach) is the end of the law (written on tables of stone and parchment) for righteousness to every one that believeth. For God has said He will write His laws on our hearts and in our minds.

We are HIS epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.

(Phil 2:13; Gal 2:20; Rom 10:4, 12:3; 2 Cor 3:2-5)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no sin "In Christ.

1 John 3:9

This is why Romans 4:8 tells the born again that God does not charge sin to them...

So, what happens if a "christian" lives in their works of the flesh??
The same thing that happens to an unbeliever who is living in sin.

"sowing and reaping".
"be sure your sin will find you out"

The difference is, what happens to each of those after they die.
See, the unbeliever is this......John 3:36

The Born again are.... "One with God, in Christ'.

The unbelievers will meet God as eternal Judge.
The born again will meet God as "AbbA".

Again what your saying sounds exactly like this statement “surely you will not die”. So exactly what does it mean to be in Christ?

“By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:3-6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At the time God created Adam, He had no human body, so, can you understand that Adam would not "look like God"?

So, this "in our image", is talking about Adam's nature, and Spiritually.
He was equal to God's righteousness, which is what He lost, when he disobeyed God.

'for by ONE MAN (adam) we are made unrighteous.
and by one Man (Jesus) the 2nd Adam, we are restored (born again) to Righteousness.

Adam’s nature was sinful. So no, being made in God’s image has nothing to do with Adam’s nature.

Upvote 0