Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you born again, or just water baptized thinking that the water took care of your sin. ???
So, if that is you, then what Paul teaches, that i teach, as Pauline Theology, is not going to find union with your religion.

If you are born again then, this will.

Im not implying anything.
I teach what Paul teaches. The "simplicity that is in Christ".....Which is, that Christ "Became our sin" and we as born again, became the "righteousness of God, in Christ".
We the born again, exits as : "ONE WITH GOD, in Christ".
God, lives in the born again.

If you read Romans 4:8 you find that it says that God does not charge the born again, with their sin.

Why not?

Because our sin has been dealt with on the Cross.
This is why we meet God as FATHER, and not as JUDGE.

God has already judged HIMSELF on the Cross, as Christ is God.
So, that is God taking our sin, and our judgment for our sin.
We then become "made righteous"... and that is who we are as this...

"as Jesus IS......so are the born again, in THIS WORLD"..

So, the question for you is ....
Is Jesus a sinner?
Is there sin, In Jesus. ??
Thats a no.
And so, when you read that you are "IN CHRIST", and "ONE WITH GOD" then you are to understand that your sin is not there, as you don't have it.
God has it, 2000 yrs ago, on THE CROSS.
It is true according to scripture that if we are included among those that God gave to his Son to die to pay for their sins then we are secure that we will live with him in heaven.

The scriptures also teach us, by Paul's teaching, that after we have been born again that we have a warfare within us of the Spirit warring against our fleshly nature that we have inherited from Adam, and that we do sin. This sin separates us from our fellowship with God, temporary, until we repent. It does not, however, separate us from the security that we have in our eternal inheritance. Romans 7:18-25.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, when you have been born again you are supposed to follow God's commandments and mortify the deeds of our flesh,

You are not familiar with Paul's epistles.
If you were, then you would know that Paul said...."Christ Always gives me the Victory".

Notice carefully the word "always".

Notice that Paul said that we are to be..>"as many as are PERFECT".

Now, im going to explain all this to you as if you are born again because you are new to my Threads.
--------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not born again, if you are just a religious church going person who is water baptized and were told the lie that the water washed your sin away, which denies that only the Blood of Jesus does this..... then, what i'll show you wont help you, until you are actually born again..

Now, if you are born again, are not able to stop sinning and confessing, which is what you are explaining by this phrase..."mortify the flesh", (quote)...... then this is because you are trying to do it by willpower and striving to stop.

Now, in your mind, i want you to turn your inner eyes to Jesus when He was in the Garden of Gethsemane.
Jesus is there, in the dark, and there are blood vessels rupturing in His face, because He...> Jesus the man<, was under the law, and was facing a brutal horrible death.
So, all of this, the law, the Cross, His humanity, was putting Him under such pressure that His skin was exploding blood vessels, and He was dripping Blood, as He RESISTED all this.

So, listen now..... if the God-Man is suffering like that trying to keep the law, do you think you have a chance, when you are trying to keep it, and not sin?
You can forget that..
And what is worse, is that when you strive to resist sin, which is the attempt to keep the law to be holy, you empower this....>" the power of SIN, is the Law.
See that, Frosty Cook?
See that READER ???
The Law has dominion, a spiritual power to cause your FLESH< ,... your desire to sin, to become stronger the more you try to stop by self effort.
See that?
That is the "dominion of the law", on you, that you can't completely overcome of yourself.

This is why Paul showed you this...>"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of THE LAW".

See that "curse'?
That is the Law's power to enflame your flesh so that you can't resist sinning.
That is the """""CURSE OF THE LAW."""""

So, you have to get out of that curse, and into this GRACE.....>"we are not under the law, but UNDER GRACE"

See that? "under GRACE".
This is, the place of REST from the Law's curse, that is the dominion that is the Kingdom of God.
This is the place where "Christ always gives me the Victory".

And you find this place of REST, by REAL FAITH that is based only on understanding who you are in Christ.

See, when you dont know who you are "in Christ", then you fight sin, which is to resit the LAW, and then that curse, which is the law's dominion, puts you here...= you become this..>>"Apart from me you can do nothing", Jesus said.

This is why you can't stop sinning.

So, if you want to stop sinning and confessing, then you do it, not by resisting sin, but by existing in the Grace of God as your understanding of who you are BECOME as a "new creation" in Christ.

Carnal deeds, committed by a believer are the fruit of the wrong mind controlling how you try to live out your Christian life.

So, you have to develop the RENEWED MIND< so that by keeping your faith there, you find the Grace of God as your REST, which becomes your power to live Holy.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spiritual faith only comes to us after we have been regenerated and given the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, as spiritual faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Im not yet following what you are trying to explain.

Are you trying to explain that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, ? Hebrews 12:2?

Are you saying that because we are "in Christ", we have this same Christ in us..."Christ in you the hope of Glory", and because He is in us and we are "in Christ" our Faith is perfected by Christ who finishes our faith as HIS?

IF that is what you are saying, then YES.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It
The scriptures also teach us, by Paul's teaching, that after we have been born again that we have a warfare within us of the Spirit warring against our fleshly nature that we have inherited from Adam, and that we do sin.

To sin, you have to be under the law's dominion, as its the law, and not God that defines you as a sinner.

God came to save SINNERS< who are defined as SINNERS, by THE LAW.

So, if you are sinning, you are under the curse of the law, which is ...: "The power of sin, is the law".

You have to leave that curse, and become this...>"Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law".

You have to become this...>>"we are no longer under the law, but UNDER GRACE"..

There is your : "Christ always gives me the VICTORY"...found and maintained.

>ALWAYS<.

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are not familiar with Paul's epistles.
If you were, then you would know that Paul said...."Christ Always gives me the Victory".

Notice carefully the word "always".

Notice that Paul said that we are to be..>"as many as are PERFECT".

Now, im going to explain all this to you as if you are born again because you are new to my Threads.
--------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not born again, if you are just a religious church going person who is water baptized and were told the lie that the water washed your sin away, which denies that only the Blood of Jesus does this..... then, what i'll show you wont help you, until you are actually born again..

Now, if you are born again, are not able to stop sinning and confessing, which is what you are explaining by this phrase..."mortify the flesh", (quote)...... then this is because you are trying to do it by willpower and striving to stop.

Now, in your mind, i want you to turn your inner eyes to Jesus when He was in the Garden of Gethsemane.
Jesus is there, in the dark, and there are blood vessels rupturing in His face, because He...> Jesus the man<, was under the law, and was facing a brutal horrible death.
So, all of this, the law, the Cross, His humanity, was putting Him under such pressure that His skin was exploding blood vessels, and He was dripping Blood, as He RESISTED all this.

So, listen now..... if the God-Man is suffering like that trying to keep the law, do you think you have a chance, when you are trying to keep it, and not sin?
You can forget that..
And what is worse, is that when you strive to resist sin, which is the attempt to keep the law to be holy, you empower this....>" the power of SIN, is the Law.
See that, Frosty Cook?
See that READER ???
The Law has dominion, a spiritual power to cause your FLESH< ,... your desire to sin, to become stronger the more you try to stop by self effort.
See that?
That is the "dominion of the law", on you, that you can't completely overcome of yourself.

This is why Paul showed you this...>"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of THE LAW".

See that "curse'?
That is the Law's power to enflame your flesh so that you can't resist sinning.
That is the """""CURSE OF THE LAW."""""

So, you have to get out of that curse, and into this GRACE.....>"we are not under the law, but UNDER GRACE"

See that? "under GRACE".
This is, the place of REST from the Law's curse, that is the dominion that is the Kingdom of God.
This is the place where "Christ always gives me the Victory".

And you find this place of REST, by REAL FAITH that is based only on understanding who you are in Christ.

See, when you dont know who you are "in Christ", then you fight sin, which is to resit the LAW, and then that curse, which is the law's dominion, puts you here...= you become this..>>"Apart from me you can do nothing", Jesus said.

This is why you can't stop sinning.

So, if you want to stop sinning and confessing, then you do it, not by resisting sin, but by existing in the Grace of God as your understanding of who you are BECOME as a "new creation" in Christ.

Carnal deeds, committed by a believer are the fruit of the wrong mind controlling how you try to live out your Christian life.

So, you have to develop the RENEWED MIND< so that by keeping your faith there, you find the Grace of God as your REST, which becomes your power to live Holy.
Respectfully sir, you are not considering the whole gospel of Jesus Christ. ALL of the scriptures are inspired by God and should fit together with each other before you can see the full picture. You are avoiding the writings of Paul in Romans 7:7-25.

Every person born by natural birth into this world is born with the sin nature inherited from Adam. Once we have been born again, we still carry the baggage of Adam's sin nature, resulting in a warfare within us. Your assertion that since you have been born again, therefore, you do not ever commit a sin is not in line with the truth of the scriptures.

I advise you to deny yourself and follow the teachings of all of the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Im not yet following what you are trying to explain.

Are you trying to explain that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, ? Hebrews 12:2?

Are you saying that because we are "in Christ", we have this same Christ in us..."Christ in you the hope of Glory", and because He is in us and we are "in Christ" our Faith is perfected by Christ who finishes our faith as HIS?

IF that is what you are saying, then YES.
Our righteousness because of the inherited nature of Adam is as filthy rags - Isaiah 64:6. When we have been born again, we have the imputed righteousness of Christ - Romans 4:24.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully sir, you are not considering the whole gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Gospel, is this....>"my Gospel", as Paul explains 3 times.

This is not... "be baptized in the name of, for remission of sin".

But rather its the "preaching of the Cross" that allows..>"faith comes by hearing"....

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our righteousness because of the inherited nature of Adam is as filthy rags - Isaiah 64:6. When we have been born again, we have the imputed righteousness of Christ - Romans 4:24.

True.

The 1st adam brought to us, only what the 2nd Adam is able to resolve for us.

"The Gift of Salvation".

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel, is this....>"my Gospel", as Paul explains 3 times.

This is not... "be baptized in the name of, for remission of sin".

But rather its the "preaching of the Cross" that allows..>"faith comes by hearing"....
What about Romans 7?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, when you have been born again you are supposed to follow God's commandments and mortify the deeds of our flesh, but the only person that has been able to do that is Jesus himself. Jesus tells us "if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Paul tells us that even though we are born again we still have a warfare within us between the Spirit and our fleshly nature, in which, many times we lose that battle.

When we have been born again, we have a fellowship with God. Every time that we yield our bodies to the lust of our flesh, we lose our fellowship with God, temporary, until we repent and regain our fellowship with him back. During the time that we are indulging ourselves in sin, we do not lose our eternal inheritance that Christ secured for us if we are included among those that his Father gave to him to die for.

Death according to Greek means "a separation". When have been born again and sin we separate ourselves from his fellowship.
Exactly. Although while all sin tends towards that separation there are lesser sins and more grave sins that oppose love of God and neighbor by their nature to such a degree that they destroy love in us: "sin that leads to death" ( 1 John 5:16-17). We must be on the opposite end of that scale, overcoming sin more than we backslide, still obligated to be righouness but empowered by the Spirit now: with God IOW instead of apart from Him and still on our own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
For you to believe that God does not have freewill, would prove why you think you dont.

Man is made in "God's or (our) Image"... With the "our" being God and The Word preincarnate.
So, if God and the WORD, do not have free will, then neither do you.
God has freewill. In fact, he's the only one who does, the way most people seem to think of it.

Where would you get the idea I believe that God does not have freewill? Of course he does!

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where would you get the idea I believe that God does not have freewill? Of course he does!

Because you think you dont have FW.

And so, if you dont , then God doesn't.

How can you tell?
Because God made man in "His image", God's LIKENESS....."like God".
And that is why God said...>"you are gods but you shall die like men"
Yes, God said that..
Do the research.

Listen,

Free Will is why Eve chose the Apple.

Free Will, is why you will decide to post back to me or not.

IF you choose to respond, your choice proves you made it, and that is your free will in action.

Think on that.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Because you think you dont have FW.

And so, if you dont , then God doesn't.

You say, "And so, if you dont [have freewill], then God doesn't [have freewill].
Can you explain that? I can't even see how anyone can think that is logical.

How can you tell?
Because God made man in "His image", God's LIKENESS....."like God".
And that is why God said...>"you are gods but you shall die like men"
Yes, God said that..
Do the research.

Listen,

Free Will is why Eve chose the Apple.

Free Will, is why you will decide to post back to me or not.

IF you choose to respond, your choice proves you made it, and that is your free will in action.

Think on that.

Are you saying that God is no different from us?

BTW, all those things you attribute to freewill, are also attributive to mere choice and will. We have will, we have choice —real and effective choice, with even eternal results. But that doesn't mean our choices are not caused. If you think you have uncaused choices, you need to research the absolute pervasiveness of 'cause and effect'. There can be only one First Cause. Or, read the Bible some more.

Here's a few references worth looking at, from a brother's post.

why some never get saved

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ and him crucified.
Through The word; Christ, we keep His commandments and statutes, and turn unto the Lord with all our heart and all our soul. For the Word is very nigh unto us. It is in our hearts and in our mouths that we may do it. THAT IS THE FAITH in which we preach.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deut 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

The Word being very nigh unto us. In our hearts and in our mouths is the same thing just in other words that was prophesied in Jeremiah and Ezekiel. And it is the circumcision that is mentioned in Deut 30:6.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezek 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Deut 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

You are actually posting that Christ is Crucified, then using a verse about self effort (commandment keeping and stature keeping) to try to prove that the Cross is your commandment keeping and your statue keeping.
That is Galatians 1:8

If Christ the word, the Law, His Spirit is in the heart, mind and mouth how can we not keep that we are. For it is God that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. Not I but Christ. For we are dead never the less we live. Yet not us but Christ lives in us. And the Life we now live in the flesh we live by the FAITH OF the Son of God who gave Himself for us.

So Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ, (the WORD) down from above) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the WORD) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (CHRIST) the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. For God has said, I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And again thus saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. For the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

• Winner
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You say, "And so, if you dont [have freewill], then God doesn't [have freewill].

Are you saying that God is no different from us?

Im simply showing you that as man is originally created in God's Likeness, then if you say that man does not have free will, then that is you saying that God also does not.

Also, God became one of us.
This is Jesus.
Jesus is God wrapped in human flesh, virgin born, fully God fully man.

Jesus ate food, and laughed with His Apostles.
The Apostle Thomas knelt before this same "man, ....and said, "My Lord and my GOD".

Jesus is "God manifested in the flesh".

Jesus is the Bread come down from Heaven.

God spoke and the earth was formed.
John 1:10 says that Jesus stood on the earth HE created.

Colossians 1:16 says that all things were created by Jesus.

Read Paul.
Its all there, when you are ready.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Christ the word, the Law, His Spirit is in the heart, mind and mouth how can we not keep that we are. .

Just as we choose to believe in Jesus and God accepts our faith to : "Justification by faith", SAVE US......we also choose to live a life that pleases God or not, after He saved us.

We are told to "present our body a living sacrifice' and to "take up our Cross daily".

That is not God causing it, that is God saying we should, now that He has given us Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Im simply showing you that as man is originally created in God's Likeness, then if you say that man does not have free will, then that is you saying that God also does not.

Also, God became one of us.
This is Jesus.
Jesus is God wrapped in human flesh, virgin born, fully God fully man.

Jesus ate food, and laughed with His Apostles.
The Apostle Thomas knelt before this same "man, ....and said, "My Lord and my GOD".

Jesus is "God manifested in the flesh".

Jesus is the Bread come down from Heaven.

God spoke and the earth was formed.
John 1:10 says that Jesus stood on the earth HE created.

Colossians 1:16 says that all things were created by Jesus.

Read Paul.
Its all there, when you are ready.
How does that logically follow, "as man is originally created in God's Likeness, then if you say that man does not have free will, then that is you saying that God also does not." Made in God's likeness does not imply that we are exactly like him in every way, and even less, that he is exactly like us in every way, nor even in any one particular way that we can decide on as such without further evidences. We can only speculate, unless you can show scripture, or even a logical sequence, how if we don't have free will, then God doesn't have free will. It's frankly ludicrous.

Your notion that since Christ was man, that therefore also being God (and having freewill as God) meant he had freewill as man. You are confusing his humanity with his divinity. They are not a one-and-the-same nature. His divinity was, for a time, 'put on hold', so that he could live as we do, be tempted as we are, and to do what we in our sin nature can not do, but that as redeemed we can do, the same way he did —through the Father.

What's with the condescending words? "It's all there, when you are ready"? Really???!!! Who do you think you are? This is starting to get really old.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-
Lets look at a few verses that deal with growing in Grace as = how to effectively "work out your salvation">

1.)""" leaving the first principles"""

Reader....The bible is a progressive reveal.
Its God revealing Himself, and its God's showing you how He deals with mankind from beginning to the final revelation.
The Bible reveals this, progressively. Some have classified this as "seasons" or "dispensations", but, its really just the calendar of time, revealing Alpha to Omega, whereby God is showing you what has happened, what is happening right now, and will is to come later, as the revelation of His dealing with man.

And just like you find the beginning of it all , you then find the process of revelation changing, and continuing to change. For example, when Adam and Eve were here, you has no "law of Moses". And after Christ was Crucified, you had a transition from the OT old covenant to the NEW Testament, New Covenant. So, see that CHANGE? That is the progressive revelation that the Bible is showing you.
Currently you are in the "time of the Gentile", and this will end and the Great Tribulation will start. So, see that upcoming change being revealed in the NT? That is the Bible showing you what God is doing next, and next, and next.. That is progressive revelation. That is the Bible.

The believer is also to change. "from Glory to Glory". From spiritual baby to mature believer.
We are to grow in Grace. We are to start as babes in Christ and mature to the "fullness of the stature of Christ.
We are to leave the beginning stages, that Paul defines as :

""""Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works""

Now, see that. 1.) "principles of the doctrine of Christ" and 2.) "repentance from dead works"?
This means we are to become grounded, centered, in God's Grace, Hebrews 13:9 ....and from this foundation, move on to more revelation and deeper Spirituality. But you have to start there, or you can't ever move on. And if you have not started there, then you are still in the beginning immature stage of "repenting from dead works'... This is sinning and confessing. As this is the baby stage of Christianity, that is not "perfection", which is the mature spiritual stage of discipleship.

2.) """"Dead to the law""""

The Born again, are alive to God, "In Christ" and "dead to the law". This means that the law, which IS a curse to us, has been resolved by Christ who has "redeemed us from the Curse of THE LAW". So by being delivered from the "dominion of the law", we are now no longer judged or defined by the Law, which is the "curse".
We now exist here...."under Grace". This has become our spiritual dominion, as we are "dead to the law", or as Paul teachers... "reckon yourselves DEAD".... See, our old man, our adamic nature our sinful nature, has been "crucified with Christ" and we are risen with Christ in "newness of Life".
This "newness" is our "new Creation" "in Christ" that is who we have become, by being BORN AGAIN. We are now become "ONE WITH GOD< IN Christ".
This is now who we are...and never again are we to think of ourselves as a "sinner". We are now become...."as Christ IS, so are the born again, IN THIS WORLD". This is why God tells you to "be in the world but not of it".... And that means how you understand who you have become, as the "new birth", a Child of the Light, BORN AGAIN.

3.) Harlot

IN Luke 7, you find the core principle of God's Grace which is defined by a Harlot's NEW behavior, who came to Jesus and poured out her utter thankfulness on the Savior, in public.
The principle here is...."to whom much is forgiven".
So, let me show you how this works....
There is a Satanic lie that has deceived many believers which exists as the idea that ..if you understand and believe (Blood Atonement)= that all your sin is always forgiven, then you will live like the devil.
And that is the devil's lie. And he created this lie and perpetuates this lie using people, because as long as you believe it, you will never have the revelation of God's Grace that is your power, your rest, and your total deliverance that leads to your "perfection".
See....
Satan wants to keep you away from this, so that you exist as working to achieve what God only provides as the "GIFT of salvation".

Now notice the former Harlot in Luke 7.
Jesus said she was forgiven much. And do you see her reaction? This is a former harlot.... A devout sinner, judged to be so, by THE LAW and COMMANDMENTS. However, Jesus has not judged her. He has only accepted her and loved her and her reaction to God's GRACE, is to fall at God's feet and cry tears on his feet and wash them with her hair.
Now, see that REACTION to GOD's GRACE?
That is Her reaction to God's Grace, = it is the pure reaction of every heart and mind and life, that you too will find, when you completely understand and come to believe that God always keeps you saved, no matter what.... based on the BLOOD OF GOD, only.

This is the wonder of the effect of Grace as it empowers you to live HOLY. This is the fact that "the goodness of God, leads you to repentance". Its a fact reader, that when you renew your mind into the real faith that is only found when you leave your self effort to try to be accepted by God, and REST in the truth that is the power of God's Grace, that you then find your renewed mind as this... "Christ always gives me the Victory".
See, when you come to truly believe that God will always keep you saved with Christ's blood, then you are entering the TRUE knowledge that will set you free.
The truth is, the more you believe that you have to work (law and commandments) and strive to please God, the more you will sin and confess and fail.. Whereas, the more you come to understand the depth's of God's COMPLETED forgiveness for you on THE Cross, the more power you find as this : '"Christ always gives me the Victory".

4.) The Effect of the knowledge of Grace : Deliverance & Holy Living

The end result that comes only from knowing and understanding and resting in God's Grace, is that you are arming yourself with the Power of Christ, which is God's Grace.
Christ said "apart from me, you can do nothing"... and that means, all your effort to be a "good christian" will fail. The reason? Its because Real Christianity is not based on you trying to be good, but rather is based on God's goodness existing as "Christ in you the hope of Glory"< as who you are become as "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

Here is the thing... A born again person, STARTS, as...>"Made Righteous".
See that?
The born again are not to try to become righteous, as we are already made by NEW BIRTH< to be Righteous. We START there. That is who we are made to be, as the "new Creation" from the very instant we are born again.
Most believers are trying to get there, by self effort, (law and commandments) and that is to be Faith failed as : "apart from me you can do nothing"...Jesus tells us.
So, the rule of Righteousness is..>> 1.) to come to understand who you are become "in Christ", by being Born Again, and live in this mind of real Faith.
This means you rest in the knowledge of the Truth that you are "made righteousness", and kept righteous by the BLOOD OF GOD for eternity.......as that REAL FAITH= is how you find your power, victory, and deliverance.
Its all found by resting completely in God's Grace as your REAL FAITH.

Ok so does Luke teach that the harlot is free to keep on being a prostitute and still be saved?
I'm not on "thin ice", im on the Rock of Salvation, and that's not Peter.
Believe it.

Also, all the born again are "in Christ", and there is no sin in Christ.
All the born again are "One with God", and there is no sin, in God.

If you are not born again, then go ahead, Mark, and confess your sin and believe on Jesus.
If you are born again, then God has redeemed you with His own Blood, and this "one time eternal sacrifice", is why Romans 4:8 tells you that God does not charge SIN to the born, again ever again.
If you then read 1 John 3:9, you'll read that the born again, "can't sin".
So, if you are confessing sins, and are born again, then you are not understanding the "Blood Atonement", yet.
Read my Threads, They will help you get grounded in Grace. Hebrews 13:9

Lol still doing the “born again can’t sin” will you please address Ephesians 4:17-31? Why is Paul telling these “Saints in Ephesus who are faithful to Christ” whom have been “sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption” not to turn back to their previous sinful way of life?

“So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart; and they, having become callous, have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. But you did not learn Christ in this way, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. Therefore, laying aside falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, for we are members of one another. Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity. He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need. Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:17-32‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

I asked you this earlier today and you said that you answered it but you didn’t. I’m still hoping to hear an explanation as to why Paul is warning these people not to sin.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Man being created in God’s likeness doesn’t imply that man has all the same attributes that God has. If man had all the same attributes as God he wouldn’t be a man he would be a god. I’m not saying that man doesn’t have free will, I do agree with you that man does have free will but the logic your using here does not arrive at that conclusion. By your logic if man is made in God’s image then man should be all powerful, omnipresent, and omniscient which he is not. So just because man is made in God’s likeness doesn’t suggest that man would have the same attributes as God.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,654.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every person born by natural birth into this world is born with the sin nature inherited from Adam. Once we have been born again, we still carry the baggage of Adam's sin nature, resulting in a warfare within us. Your assertion that since you have been born again, therefore, you do not ever commit a sin is not in line with the truth of the scriptures.

I don't believe that is what he meant exactly. The way i am currently seeing it.... I could be a little off, im still growing in understanding, but i do believe its mostly right.

Yes, a born again Christian will do wrong. Yes their are times, when a Christian is unloving and sinful.

The best example i can think of, is if you have sinned, and your having thoughts along these lines.... that you must leave your sin behind before your right with God, or that God isnt hearing my prayers because you have sinned. Then your mind is under works rather then grace, and being under works, you will strive to remove sin.

The mind of someone under grace, is moreso, when they sin, they know they have done wrong yes, but they also know that they cannot remove their own sin or change their own heart. It is God who cleanses and renews the mind, and heart, and is the only only who can do so.

At this point, they pray to.God for cleansing and renewal, and have faith that Jesus is working on the inside to cleanse them of the filth, to bring in light, love and understanding. Working to transform them, so that they can love others, God, and follow Gods law. They know they are still right with God, and have faith that he is working in them.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

We are eagelry waiting for the righteous by faith, that God has promised to give us. Which he does worketh in us, over time.

The only problematic sin a born again believer can do, is put themself back under works of the law, because in doing so, they no longer have faith that Jesus is working in them, but are again trying to earn their own righteous through works and the law.

It really took me along time to come to that understanding inside, i had indeed fallen from grace, and i really could not see that i had for a very long time, untill Jesus opened my eyes, I dont expect you to see it just yet.

I know God loves each one of us, and that he desires each of us to know him, and understand his grace. We are all growing and are at different stages of growth.

I pray that God worketh in each of us to remove that which is wrong, and to lead us into understanding of that which is truth and right, so that we can all be free and as one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0