• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gods grace is sufficient for us

Discussion in 'Spiritual Formation & Disciplines' started by W2L, Oct 12, 2017.

1. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+5,697
    Christian
    Private
    2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Philippians 4:12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Romans 5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

2. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+4,374
    Anabaptist
    Shalom. Since God's Grace is beyond the most extravagant dreams and imaginations of mankind, even beyond what God's children can grasp,

why does most of mankind continually reject His Grace?

How does the enemy of all life trick the churches even, so they don't benefit from God's Grace the
    Way the ekklesia in the New Testament continually did ? (with freedom from depression always, freedom from the power of the world: continually living daily with peace, joy and righteousness, helping one another daily, opening their homes to the homeless, healing the sick, driving away demons with a word, building up one another in God's Word and with Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs throughout the week house to house )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+5,697
    Christian
    Private
    I'll need to think on that for a while.

4. Anguspure

Anguspure Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ Supporter

+779
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13)
    Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. (1 Peter 1)
    Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. (1 John 4)

5. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+5,697
    Christian
    Private
    Amen. Thank you

6. fide

fide Member of His Body by grace

+135
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Most of mankind continually reject God's grace because the People of God so often reject so much of His grace. So many of us draw back from the weight of the Cross bearing our name. The revealing of the sons of God thus is awaited still:

Rom 8:16 it is the Spirit himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
    Rom 8:17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
    Rom 8:18 I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
    Rom 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God;...
    Grace is "free", and yet it demands much - it "costs" much...