Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If we are in Christ, and God doesn't see us but the righteousness of His Son, But at a particular moment, we are not walking with God, do we still have the favor of God?

And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” Matthew 21:21-22

If a believer does not have faith at a particular point in his life, he might not receive? Yet does God not see us but see His Son? So if God sees his son and not me, how does it matter if I am obedient to God or not?

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If we are in Christ, and God doesn't see us but the righteousness of His Son, But at a particular moment, we are not walking with God, do we still have the favor of God?

And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” Matthew 21:21-22

If a believer does not have faith at a particular point in his life, he might not receive? Yet does God not see us but see His Son? So if God sees his son and not me, how does it matter if I am obedient to God or not?
Your obedience makes no difference. If your are united to Christ by God's electing love your time of falling will not last. If you are obeying in order to receive favor from God your motive is wrong and your heart is still in religion. Obedience from the heart is done out of love not out of compulsion or in order to receive.

Christ is all and in all who believe. The trial of your faith is not for God to see what you will do but in order for you to learn.

Sheep don't follow the Shepherd in order to gain something they follow the Shepherd because it is their nature to do so. They may sometimes wander but the Shepherd always brings them home.

I suggest that you read the book of Colossians and study on what it says.

Upvote 0