Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh now you've done it AV. You've proved Judaism correct. You should let the owners of the forum know about this so they can change the name to jewishforum.com.
Should they change their name to thorforum.com because of Thursday?

How about sciencemistakesforum.com because of Thalidomide?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Should they change their name to thorforum.com because of Thursday?

How about sciencemistakesforum.com because of Thalidomide?

It's almost as if you're aware that the "churches exist therefore god" argument is junk.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's almost as if you're aware that the "churches exist therefore god" argument is junk.
Which came first: Thor or Thursday? I say Thor, a fallen angel. What say you?

Which came first: scientists or Thalidomide? I say scientists. What say you?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,458.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The egg, man,
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come
Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday
Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long
I am the eggman, they are the eggmen
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Which came first: Thor or Thursday? I say Thor, a fallen angel. What say you?

Which came first: scientists or Thalidomide? I say scientists. What say you?
Science is a method. Who found out thalidomide had side-effects? Priests? No, scientists. Did priests ever do anything for the good of mankind? Ever?

The answer is no. Not once.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Its creators?Did priests start a fire, then put it out?
You lump all doctors, researchers, blah blah blah into one category, call them scientists and call them bad. It's this same anti-science that cost us 600,000 dead Americans because of Covid. S. Korea had their first case the same day we did. They have 1/5 the population so they should have had 120,000 dead. Right? They had 1,879. They wore masks and took this seriously. Unlike all of you idjits out there who pretend that God is going to save you.

Scientists found a way to save you from smallpox, polio, anthrax... do I have to list them all? It's called vaccination. It uses your own body's immune system to fight off the virus. It's safe, it works and it's SCIENCE.

Yeah, every so often someone makes a mistake. Thalidomide is one. Want to talk about mistakes? We spent a THOUSAND YEARS walking around chanting and whipping ourselves because of you. It was called the dark ages. Anyone who knows someone who has died of cancer or any other disease should be furious with you right now. Those diseases will be cured in the next hundred years. Without the stupidity of the church they'd have been cured 800 years ago. Or more. YOU cost us the one thing we don't have enough of and can never get back. Time. All because of the abject stupidity of what people did for religion.

And you dare to whine about Thalidomide? Who subjected us to eating dirt and being afraid of our own shadows for a thousand years? YOU DID!

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,458.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You lump all doctors, researchers, blah blah blah into one category, call them scientists and call them bad. It's this same anti-science that cost us 600,000 dead Americans because of Covid. S. Korea had their first case the same day we did. They have 1/5 the population so they should have had 120,000 dead. Right? They had 1,879. They wore masks and took this seriously. Unlike all of you idjits out there who pretend that God is going to save you.

Scientists found a way to save you from smallpox, polio, anthrax... do I have to list them all? It's called vaccination. It uses your own body's immune system to fight off the virus. It's safe, it works and it's SCIENCE.

Yeah, every so often someone makes a mistake. Thalidomide is one. Want to talk about mistakes? We spent a THOUSAND YEARS walking around chanting and whipping ourselves because of you. It was called the dark ages. Anyone who knows someone who has died of cancer or any other disease should be furious with you right now. Those diseases will be cured in the next hundred years. Without the stupidity of the church they'd have been cured 800 years ago. Or more. YOU cost us the one thing we don't have enough of and can never get back. Time. All because of the abject stupidity of what people did for religion.

And you dare to whine about Thalidomide? Who subjected us to eating dirt and being afraid of our own shadows for a thousand years? YOU DID!
And that @AV1611VET is why some of us become disgusted and enraged by your harping on certain themes, claiming the moral high ground when your position is arguably buried deep in the swamp of cynicism and hypocrisy. You do yourself and your religion no favours by such stances.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's people who think like you do that end up in Hell healthy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And that @AV1611VET is why some of us become disgusted and enraged by your harping on certain themes,
Phred brought up COVID, so I (who haven't been vaccinated, and don't intend to) will ask this of those who think I should be:

"Why are you afraid of me, if you've been vaccinated?"

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In this video, Torah scholar and physicist Dr. Gerald Schroeder demonstrates the existence of God:

Please note that Dr. Schroeder does this entirely by appealing to the laws of physics.

In case you needed more proof of God's existence:

Before dismissing it as mere coincidence, please read the above information on what's embedded in the Torah again, very carefully. Let it seep into your mind and heart.

In four of the five Books of Moses, every fiftieth letter spells out the word Torah. In the first two Books of Moses, Torah is spelled forwards, with every fiftieth letter. In the last two Books of Moses, Torah is spelled backwards with every fiftieth letter.

In the Book of Leviticus, it's even more amazing, where every seventh letter spells out the name of God, YHWH. Just as Leviticus is located at the center of the Torah, every seventh letter in Leviticus reveals the Torah's true center, the ineffable name of God.

You're not seriously suggesting humans couldn't write a book/cipher that spelled torah/yhwh?

Are you?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Phred brought up COVID, so I (who haven't been vaccinated, and don't intend to) will ask this of those who think I should be:

You've heard the joke, "how can you tell who's been vaccinated, and who hasn't?

Just ask them if they still think Chump is president.

^_^

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

1. You provide a petri dish for viruses. You're a plague rat. Covid can live in you and mutate. So if it becomes a virus that the vaccine no longer is effective against it's YOUR fault. We've already seen multiple variants, each one more dangerous than the last.

2. There are people out there who can't be vaccinated. People with compromised immune systems who have cancer and other diseases. They count on the rest of us to get vaccinated because they can't. People like you are getting Covid and giving it to them. And they can do nothing about it.

3. A virus can't move itself. It requires a host. YOU are the host. YOU are the way the virus moves and propagates. If you're vaccinated your immune system kills the virus. If not, you become a host and you can transmit it to anyone that isn't vaccinated. See above.

4. I'm not afraid of you. I'm angry with you. Why are you so ignorant?

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

We are not physically afraid of you, but we are afraid for the attitude that your "what me worry" persona presents for humanity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.