• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

God's Existence Proved in 5 Minutes

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Humble_Disciple, Jun 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,675
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Aaargh! I wrote a good response and my computer froze up trying to get it online.

Your idea of God doesn't seem to me to include the fact of his omnipotence. He is absolutely First Cause, "in whom we live and breathe and have our being". One way this is put is to say that he is the essence of reality, though to some that might suggest pantheism. As such, he is therefore intimately involved in everything.

To me the same concept informs all naturalism; it is not of itself merely natural —it is all miracle, being made and upheld by God. 'Intervention', to me, is a fiction, unless all one means is the same as what they mean by 'miracle': just unusual, by apparently sudden cause instead of by the usual chain of causation.

Either way, to say there is no intervention, is a subjective analysis of what happens.

2. Humble_Disciple

Humble_Disciple Well-Known Member

+359
    United States
    Protestant
    Divorced
    Why would I be sharing these things with agnostics and atheists? Because I trust that, if God wants you to be saved, He will use the evidences I present as the means to awaken faith in your mind and heart. While God is responsible for awakening faith, He uses human means to do so.

3. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+12,981
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    This is the C/E forum. You might want to try here instead: Christian Apologetics

Also, I've longed maintained that if there really was a supernatural deity that had a vested interest in making people believe in it, it would do a better job screening its sales people.

My general impression of evangelists is that they're trying to satisfy their own ego.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Phred

Phred Junior Mint

+961
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I know you are desperate to have your ideas given praise and merit. Sadly they don't deserve it. Speaking in absolute terms doesn't make them any less false. "the fact of his omnipotence" What fact? What god?

You zoom right past the proving part and start with the "it's a fact" part. Whoa there tiger. Slow down. Somewhere you missed out on a lot of logic 101 and basic reasoning. You don't get to start assigning traits to something you can't even manage to prove is real.

5. Vap841

Vap841 Active Member

+135
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Yeah basically I feel torn between dualism and pantheism, I could sway back & forth, I guess the dualism side of me was winning when I opened this account lol. It all comes down to my most basic question which I fluctuate back & forth with, which simply is is there a grand consciousness attached to ultimate reality, or does reality just produce entities with consciousness? So if the pantheism side of me is winning out (where reality just produces conscious entities) then ‘Intervention’ doesn’t even make sense it’s all just automated and only conscious entities intervene with things at a micro level, however when the dualism side of me is winning out then a grand consciousness being able to make decisions and intervene on things at a grand macro level (overruling the laws of nature) definitely makes sense to me.

6. Bradskii

Bradskii Well-Known Member

+1,870
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    To be honest, I never noticed the song. I thought it was a badly copied print. You'd have to
    be on the ball to notice it without the highlights. I hope he got a good mark for the paper
    or at least a pat on the back for the work he put into it. Although I have to say that it is
    not that difficult (hint).
    To get back on track, I'm sure that if you studied any literary text you'd care to mention there'd
    be some numerical quirk that would link pages or words or letters that you'd toss around and
    that would result in some seemingly miraculous combination. But if Humble Disciple thinks it
    is some divine code that leads us to God, then so be it. Although not sure why he'd select
    the Torah to do it. If you treat everything within the Torah as gospel (no pun intended) then the
    question arises - was Jesus therefore just a prophet?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Bradskii

+1,870
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    I go with Option 2. We're bits of the universe that have become self aware.

How cool is that?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    It smacks of intelligent design, doesn't it?

9. Bradskii

+1,870
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Ah, you missed it...

10. ruthiesea

ruthiesea Active Member

+277
    Judaism
    Married
    “For Judaism, the search for religious certainty through science or metaphysics is not merely fallacious but ultimately pagan. To suppose that G-d is scientifically provable is to identify G-d with what is observable, and this for Judaism is idolatry.” ~ Lord Jonathan Sacks

11. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I love that quote, and I would agree with it but for one thing:

What is your take on cause-and-effect evidence for the existence of God?

Synagogues, temples, holy days, Sabbaths, and the like?

12. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,675
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    While we are being arrogant, sarcastic and condescending, perhaps you didn't notice the guy I answered (VAP 841) made an assertion presupposing God's existence.

13. Mike from NJ

Mike from NJ New Member

+13
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    I remember back when The Bible Code was a thing there was a piece of software that allowed someone to put in any text, then it would check all sorts of patterns (e.g. every 3rd letter, backwards every 40th character) then it would compare the results with its dictionary to see what "secret" words it found. And it always found something whether it was in "To Kill a Mockingbird" or "The Cat in the Hat".

14. Bradskii

+1,870
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Well, I'll be...

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Great to see you on board! Look forward to catching up.

15. Vap841

Vap841 Active Member

+135
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Very cool. I definitely think about reincarnation a lot. I think that maybe forgetting, and then being reborn again is a healthy thing because imagine if you had to carry baggage around from multiple lifetimes? It’s hard enough to put some things behind you from one lifetime.

16. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,733
    Christian
    Private
    it's true, Schroeder doesn't prove God, he proves a space for God to preexist in. a space that science can't see.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Bungle_Bear

Bungle_Bear Whoot!

+3,039
    Agnostic
    Married
    He hasn't proved anything of the sort. All he's demonstrated is the limits of what we can know through current science. That doesn't prove there's a space for any god(s) to preexist in.

18. DamianWarS

+2,733
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not a big bible code person but I will say using English code on a translated text is a flawed way of approaching it and in my opinion discredits it. finding the Hebrew characters for "TORH" in the Hebrew text in a certain pattern may be a bit more genuine but it is nothing remarkable and I think may suggest post-Torah corruption.

19. Bradskii

+1,870
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    What, like a gap of some sorts...

20. DamianWarS

+2,733
    Christian
    Private