Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Not the first and only time He did something like this, laid down or aside some His former Glory, it happened twice, and that's a, or the part your missing...

He (God the Father) did, but he did it in and through Christ, as, and to be our God with us, and even "made" as one of us in many ways, which there was a first time this happened or He became more limited in this way, and then a second time also, but always through the Son...

God the Son is said to any image, any likeness, any representation/manifestation, at all anything that can be seen or sensed or perceived by us to be God the Father or like God the Father is actually the Son, or God the Son, and not God the Father literally, I guess you could say... To manifest/appear to us, whatever, in any way, would automatically be a great limitation to or for God the Father, but it is always the Son...

That's a good analogy...

God Bless!

How about a football game that is over, but the person decides to block all media until he watches the game?
If we can withhold the outcome of events from our knowing, even though it is well within our ability to find out, How much more is God capable of ?
We think on a limited platform about a limitless God.

Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How about a football game that is over, but the person decides to block all media until he watches the game?
If we can withhold the outcome of events from our knowing, even though it is well within our ability to find out, How much more is God capable of ?
We think on a limited platform about a limitless God.
I'm just saying if God chose to limit Himself in any way, or had to, to be our God, being triune in nature, He probably did it through one or more of the other two...

Otherwise you are saying the Father Himself chose for Himself alone to not know certain things...? And if that is the case, why or how would He do that, and why...? especially when He has the other two...?

And I would say "supposedly we" to the rest...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm just saying if God chose to limit Himself in any way, or had to, to be our God, being triune in nature, He probably did it through one or more of the other two...

Otherwise you are saying the Father Himself chose for Himself alone to not know certain things...? And if that is the case, why or how would He do that, and why...? especially when He has the other two...?

And I would say "supposedly we" to the rest...

God Bless!

God sees us through Christ ,born again and redeemed .
I was basically saying that with God all things are possible.
God will not change yesterday today and tomorrow.
God Bless

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Neogaia, I have enjoyed you posts here they are real and well thought out.
I'm sure all of the Core members fell the same.
Thank you our Fourm needs good teachers.
Thank you Sir/Mam?

That is very kind of you to say, thank you...

May God Richly Bless You!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh nice..
A postmance

I have to admit that I never heard that word (postmance) before. A close friendship between two men is the best I come up with (and for teaching purposes)... and nothing more.
High Five.gif
. In high school... "English" was NOT my best subject. That's when I found out the meaning of what "Fs" were.
Behind Curtain.gif

Anyway, welcome to the forum. BTW... we need to have some more postmances with Jesus (guiding) us right in the middle.
Behind the Curtain.gif

ZZ  Word-of-Faith.gif

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have to admit that I never heard that word (postmance) before. A close friendship between two men is the best I come up with (and for teaching purposes)... and nothing more. View attachment 248622. In high school... "English" was NOT my best subject. That's when I found out the meaning of what "Fs" were. View attachment 248619

Anyway, welcome to the forum. BTW... we need to have some more postmances with Jesus (guiding) us right in the middle. View attachment 248620

Hey, thanks hhodgson! I never heard it either, before I typed it...it just came to me when I was reading the thread...ha ha...maybe I coined it, I do that from time to time!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Oh nice..
A postmance

That's a good one lol
It's been a long time ago that Neogaia, and I had a conversation here.
I was taught a lesson, and apologized for being rude.
We need solid Christians that live for Christ and have Wisdom.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
No my friend but I believe He will continue to give us the ability to keep from failing because He has sealed with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not a “remote control” brother. He is our teacher, guiding to the right path and helping us in our walk with God. This is why we will still sin after receiving the Holy Spirit.

I quoted John 15:1-6 because it is Calvin’s kryptonite so to speak. The only way Calvinism cannot contradict John 15 is if you do not take what Jesus said literally. It is a very powerful message with many implications that are also backed by several other scriptures. Before I explain I would like to first express the manner and demeanor in which I wish to convey this message. It is not my intention to rebuke or be disrespectful towards my fellow Calvinist brothers & sisters in Christ. I simply wish to politely explain John 15 in a light that they may not have considered so that they may see another perspective. I just wanted to clarify that before I get started because this can sometimes turn into a long discussion and sometimes I forget to add phrases that express my demeanor and often in text, opposing debates can at times appear to be impolite, arrogant, or condescending and I want to assure you that is not my intention brother.

John 15 refutes both eternal salvation and Calvinism along with the misunderstood concept of faith alone or faith without works. Don’t get me wrong here we are absolutely not saved by works but we will see here in John 15 that works are absolutely necessary to abide in Christ. I don’t want to go into too much detail and get derailed on faith alone in this particular message so as to not make it too long. We can discuss that in another post if you like. I like to try to keep my posts short as to not get into too many points of discussion at one time which can cause confusion. Before we examine the message it’s important that we understand that Jesus is giving this message right after the Last Supper. Judas has already gone to betray Him and Jesus and His 11 faithful apostles are walking to Gethsemane late at night. So Jesus is speaking only to His 11 faithful apostles. So let’s look at this passage and examine it.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit. Already ye are clean because of the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; and so shall ye be my disciples.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-8‬

Notice in verse 2 Jesus says “Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He (The Father) taketh away.

So this is referring to branches that are currently in Christ which means they are currently attached to the vine. If they don’t bear fruit they are taken away. Some translations use the term “cut off” which according to the Greek definition is actually more accurate. So let’s look at the Greek word translated to “taketh away” which is aírō (G142).

Definition

1) to raise up, elevate, lift up a) to raise from the ground, take up: stones b) to raise upwards, elevate, lift up: the hand c) to draw up: a fish

2) to take upon one's self and carry what has been raised up, to bear

3) to bear away what has been raised, carry off a) to move from its place b) to take off or away what is attached to anything c) to remove d) to carry off, carry away with one e) to appropriate what is taken f) to take away from another what is his or what is committed to him, to take by force g) to take and apply to any use h) to take from among the living, either by a natural death, or by violence i) cause to cease

Notice the bold letters in the definition. To take off or away what is attached to anything. The branch is attached to the vine. When the Greek word aírō is used in reference to something that is attached to something the correct definition is removed or detached. The term taken away is also used which still implies the same thing. If someone is taken away from the vine (Jesus) they become detached or removed from Christ which cannot result in salvation unless they repent and are grafted back into the vine. Let’s continue

“Already ye are clean because of the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:3-5‬

Here we see Jesus saying to His 11 faithful apostles “abide (remain) in Me and I will abide in you as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself so neither can you unless you abide in Me”. Then He goes on to say “for apart from me you can do nothing”. The implication here is that even His faithful 11 apostles were capable of not abiding otherwise Jesus is warning them of doing something that is impossible and His message is pointless. Let’s move on to verse 6.

“If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:6‬

Notice He begins by saying “if a man” which is another way of saying “if anyone” abide not in Me he is cast forth.

So let’s look at the Greek definition of the word bállō (G906) which is translated to cast forth or thrown away which means

1) to throw or let go of a thing without caring where it falls a) to scatter, to throw, cast into b) to give over to one's care uncertain about the result c) of fluids

1) to pour, pour into of rivers

2) to pour out

2) to put into, insert

Grammar:

a primary verb; to throw (in various applications, more or less violent or intense):--arise, cast (out), X dung, lay, lie, pour, put (up), send, strike, throw (down), thrust. Compare ῥίπτω.

Basically it means to carelessly throw down or thrust in a violent or intense manner without regard.

This would imply a certain level of anger or resentment from The Father due to the manner of which the branch is being “cast forth” due to its disobedience.

Next let’s look at the word wither which is translated from the Greek word xēraínō (G3583)

1) to make dry, dry up, wither

2) to become dry, to be dry, be withered a) of plants b) of the ripening of crops c) of fluids d) of the members of the body

3) to waste away, pine away, i.e. a withered hand

To dry up or waste away.

Lastly let’s look at the definition of the word burned translated from the Greek word kaíō (G2545) which means

1) to set on fire, light, burning

2) to burn, consume with fire

Pretty basic definition as you would expect.

So let’s review and put it all into perspective. So we have Jesus warning His 11 faithful apostles to abide in Him even explaining the consequences of failing to abide while the doctrine of eternal security suggests it is impossible for the faithful 11 not to abide, at least not unto the point of loss of salvation. But look at the consequences Jesus described in the proper translation. They would be cut off or removed from the vine (Jesus). That in itself cannot result in salvation without repentance. Then cast or thrown away (carelessly violently intensely without regard) to wither (dry up and waste away) then thrown (again carelessly violently intensely without regard) into the fire to be burned (set on fire or consumed by fire). Nothing about the consequences of not abiding can result in salvation without repentance. So why would Jesus warn His faithful 11 apostles about the consequences of doing something they are incapable of doing? Even if it were merely to relay the message to others it would still be a useless message because according to those who advocate eternal security God’s elect cannot receive the consequences Jesus mentioned and to those who are not His elect they can only receive those consequences regardless of what they do. So if eternal security is true this entire message is meaningless. Yet Jesus appears to believe it is of value. This can only be of value if someone who is saved can in fact fall from grace and lose their salvation. What are your thoughts?
If God foreknew who wouldn't believe Him, why did He go ahead and create them? By creating them doesn't God predetermine them to destruction?

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review

Thread is Now

Permanently Closed
RV: SoP Violation

House Rules:
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.