Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well written Julie and nice to meet you. So great to see so many people who reads their bible for themselves in this thread. Thanks for sharing your view with us

God bless

Thanks for the nice comment.

It really is about what's healthy.

And people seem to not take notice that even after the resurrection, Peter still wasn't eating unclean animals. If Christ had made everything clean, would not Peter know this?? He definitely would have. And Christ spent quite a bit of time with them after the resurrection.

And it's a shame that people come away after the verses in Acts thinking more about what to eat than what happened between Peter and Cornelius. Which is the entire point of those verses.

All of the major churches are in agreement and have been from the beginning. I find that any issue that finds agreement across the Papacy, major historic Protestants and Orthodox is usually correct.

Hmm, just like all the major churches celebrate Easter as well even though it should be translated pashca/ passover.

I'm totally fine going with God's Word alone and not the major churches, no offense.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the nice comment.

It really is about what's healthy.

And people seem to not take notice that even after the resurrection, Peter still wasn't eating unclean animals. If Christ had made everything clean, would not Peter know this?? He definitely would have. And Christ spent quite a bit of time with them after the resurrection.

And it's a shame that people come away after the verses in Acts thinking more about what to eat than what happened between Peter and Cornelius. Which is the entire point of those verses.

Hmm, just like all the major churches celebrate Easter as well even though it should be translated pashca/ passover.

I'm totally fine going with God's Word alone and not the major churches, no offense.
Peter was rebuked by Paul for eating kosher.

As for easter, the original church did not celebrate it and easter and Xmas have long been a major point of contention between the reformed churches in Scotland, England and the Netherlands and the Papacy. That holy days became popular during the Victorian retreat from Biblical Christianity is not my concern.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And people seem to not take notice that even after the resurrection, Peter still wasn't eating unclean animals.
You've been listening to made-up nonsense. Sacred Scripture specifically says that he was living as a Gentile. Case closed.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really. ISRAEL is only a name given by God to all those who believe and follow God's Word. Gods ISRAEL in the new covenant are not those born in the flesh but those who have been born again in the Spirit to believe and follow God's Word *Romans 9:6-8. We are all now one in Christ *Galatians 3:28-29. If we are not not born again *John 3:3-7 to be a part of God's ISRAEL then we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. Gentiles believers are now grafted in *Romans 11:13-27. Therefore if we are God's ISRAEL born again in the Spirit then God's dietary laws are for us. There is no scripture in God's Word that says God's dietary laws are abolished. This is a teaching and tradition of men that is not biblical.

YOu need to read teh bible mopre and not some allegorical commentaries of the bible.

Israel is a name God gave to Jacob! And then His twelve sons were called the nation of Israel- aka Jews!

Well you are another one who is ill-informed about the terms of the new covenant. So will you please show me in the terms of the New covenant where your hypotheses are in this post of yours?

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This is the entire writing and terms of the new covenant. So please sho wme where all of your claims in the quote I cited are found in the new Covenant god declared!

BTW teh dietary laws are part of teh Old Covenant- not the new.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You've been listening to made-up nonsense. Sacred Scripture specifically says that he was living as a Gentile. Case closed.

Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean."

You're calling this verse nonsense?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean."

You're calling this verse nonsense?
I'm calling your made-up nonsense, nonsense. You're blatantly cherry-picking a single verse, pulling it entirely out of context and twisting its meaning to try to prove something that is expicitly disproven in Sacred Scripture and that has been totally denied by the entire church for two thousand years.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The way these chinese markets kill animals is evil. I've seen videos of them blow torching dogs alive, to beating up koala's with their fists, etc. The things i've seen in these Chinese markets is such an outrage and should be damnable to hell.

However, it's not like the west is humane either.

Anyway, I think the way animals are butchered is higher level of moral concern then just basically eating them. People can raise any verse in the NT about how we can eat any meat now, but there was never anything said about changing kosher laws. I think all christians should return to practicing kosher.

Well written Cis.jd, I think you bring up some good points here. You are correct there is no scripture that says God's food laws are abolished and all food is now clean and we are free to eat anything we want today as already shown through this thread.

The Chinese wet markets are a revelation to me as well as the food markets all around the world today. Even in Australia they are selling Kangaroo meat, camel meat, crocodile meat in some places. Much of this as you have pointed out is quite shocking. Thanks for sharing your view. Nice to see someone else who believes the bible.

God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
YOu need to read teh bible mopre and not some allegorical commentaries of the bible.

Israel is a name God gave to Jacob! And then His twelve sons were called the nation of Israel- aka Jews!

Well you are another one who is ill-informed about the terms of the new covenant. So will you please show me in the terms of the New covenant where your hypotheses are in this post of yours?

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This is the entire writing and terms of the new covenant. So please sho wme where all of your claims in the quote I cited are found in the new Covenant god declared!

BTW teh dietary laws are part of teh Old Covenant- not the new.

I am sorry dear friend but I only read the bible claiming God's promises for his heavenly guide and teacher in John 14:26; John 16:13; John 8:31-36; 1 John 2:27 which is a part of God's new covenant promise written in Hebrews 8:11. I do not follow man-made teachings and traditions of the religious teachers of the world. What is it you do not agree with in the scriptures that have been shared with you? What do you think Paul is quoting from in Hebrews 8:10-12 if not the old covenant promise of the new covenant scriptures in Jeremiah 31:31-34? Who is the covenant written to? If you can honestly answer these questions from the scriptures alone you will see your claims have no truth in them and are not biblical. There is no scripture that says Gods' health laws are abolished. You of course are free to believe as you wish and follow your tradition. For me however, according to the scriptures, only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29; Matthew 15:3-9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm calling your made-up nonsense, nonsense. You're blatantly cherry-picking a single verse, pulling it entirely out of context and twisting its meaning to try to prove something that is expicitly disproven in Sacred Scripture and that has been totally denied by the entire church for two thousand years.
I would say our good sister provided you God's Word dear friend which was not her words but Gods' Word. So they are definitely not made up because they are Gods' Word not her words. Why do you not believe them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would say our good sister provided you God's Word dear friend which was not her words but Gods' Word. So they are definitely not made up because they are Gods' Word not her words. Why do you not believe them?
What she said, and the words I replied to, were these:
And people seem to not take notice that even after the resurrection, Peter still wasn't eating unclean animals.
By what insane so-called reasoning do you call those God's words? Not only are they found nowhere in the Bible, but Sacred Scripture itself explicitly says that Peter was living as a Gentile, including in how he ate. What you guys are saying is complete rubbish.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
And yet not only does Paul later rebuke Peter for hypocrisy in not eating non-kosher food when Jewish Christians were around, but the entire church ever since then has universally held that this means exactly that this passage shows both that there is no unclean food and you don't have to first be a Jew in order to be a Christian: the laws of kashrut were never binding on non-Jews, and Jewish believers were released from them. And yet you come along two thousand years later and have the gall to think that you know better than everyone else, including the people who learned the faith directly from the mouths of the Apostles.

I don't care if the whole world thinks it is about food. Peter himself says it is about people and that settles it. Period. You are free to believe whatever you want. I choose to believe the one that had the vision! Whatever Paul had to say later on has nothing to do about this particular vision!!

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't care if the whole world thinks it is about food. Peter himself says it is about people and that settles it. Period. You are free to believe whatever you want. I choose to believe the one that had the vision! Whatever Paul had to say later on has nothing to do about this particular vision!!
Well, if you want to ignore what the Bible actually says and the testimony of the whole of Christendom, including that of those who learned the faith directly from the Apostles themselves, in preference for your own thought then that's your business. I can't think of anything more arrogant though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, if you want to ignore what the Bible actually says and the testimony of the whole of Christendom, including that of those who learned the faith directly from the Apostles themselves, in preference for your own thought then that's your business. I can't think of anything more arrogant though.

I do not ever ignore what scripture says. That is why I say the Peter said his vision was about people not food.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Give me the verse in this whole passage that sates "of a truth, I perceive that God is no respecter of meats" and I will concede. You can also state the verse where God says something is an abomination and then says it no longer is. God never said Gentiles were an abomination, the Jews did. God said what they did was an abomination, not people.
And what I find really arrogant are people who reject the word of God in favor of what people think. God is my ultimate teacher, not other people's fallible ideas. To think that the scriptures are wrong and our own ideas are better is truly arrogant.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not ever ignore what scripture says.
You're doing it now. You admitted it when you said that you don't care what Paul said, and the only person you're fooling is yourself.

To think that the scriptures are wrong and our own ideas are better is truly arrogant.
Yes, and you should stop doing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are correct there is no scripture that says God's food laws are abolished and all food is now clean and we are free to eat anything we want today as already shown through this thread.

Don't get me wrong. I never said there is an absence in scripture about food laws being abolished. Some people do believe certain verses in the Bible show that the dietary laws of the OT where no longer required. My argument is that regardless of what they believe those NT verses say, there is nothing abolishing the way God instructed animals to be slaughtered.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By what insane so-called reasoning do you call those God's words? Not only are they found nowhere in the Bible

How do you interpret this verse?

Acts 10:14 "But Peter said, "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

This was clearly after the resurrection, correct? And Peter has just said he had never eaten anything unclean before.

So I said accordingly to that verse which was,

"And people seem to not take notice that even after the resurrection, Peter still wasn't eating unclean animals."

That was an absolutely correct statement according to that verse, so I ask again, how do you intrepret? Although it should need no interpretation seeing how it is so easily read.

• Winner
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You're doing it now. You admitted it when you said that you don't care what Paul said, and the only person you're fooling is yourself.

Yes, and you should stop doing it.

You are misquoting me---I did not say that! I said that what Paul said later on has nothing to do with what Peter's vision, his conversation took place much later!

Whatever Paul had to say later on has nothing to do about this particular vision!!

Paul was discussing something else---not this passage about the vision that Peter was talking about. It is clear that you are not comprehending very well---not scripture nor even what I said.

Upvote 0