Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is talking about ALL food. They are the plain words of the Bible-sola scripture
Prove it then. Sola scriptura please. You have provided no scripture showing that Romans 14 is talking about God's dietary laws and ignored scripture from my earlier post proving Romans is not talking about God's dietary laws.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is talking about ALL food. They are the plain words of the Bible-sola scripture
Scripture please showing that Romans 14 is talking about Gods' dietary laws? You have none do you, as shown in the scripture contexts of post # 375 you did not respond to. Ceremonially common is not the same as clean and unclean.

Upvote 0

johnbunyan

Feb 21, 2021
nairobi
✟405.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture please showing that Romans 14 is talking about Gods' dietary laws? You have none do you as shown in the scripture contexts of post # 375
What is sola scripture? Accepting the plain words of the bible. The plain words state: ALL food is clean, all means all my friend, no exceptions

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your just repeating yourself now without addressing the scriptures just shared with you that disagree with you. Scripture please as your ignoring the scriptures just shared with you that disagree with you as shown in post # 375

Upvote 0

johnbunyan

Feb 21, 2021
nairobi
✟405.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your just repeating yourself now without addressing the scriptures just shared with you that disagree with you. Scripture please as your ignoring the scriptures just shared with you that disagree with you
Why should I address scriptures you are trying to use to overturn sola scripture, when you yourself believe sola scripture must be followed.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What is sola scripture? Accepting the plain words of the bible. The plain words state: ALL food is clean, all means all my friend, no exceptions

The meaning is scripture alone but you refuse the scriptures provided that prove that Romans 14 is not talking about God's dietary laws in post # 375

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why should I address scriptures you are trying to use to overturn sola scripture, when you yourself believe sola scripture must be followed.

Because you claim Romans 14 is talking about dietary laws from two verses taken from context. You were shown once scripture is added back that Romans 14 is not talking about Gods' dietary laws in post # 375. By removing scripture that makes the context you have a misunderstanding of the scriptures therefore not practicing sola scriptura.

Upvote 0

johnbunyan

Feb 21, 2021
nairobi
✟405.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture alone and you refuse the scriptures provided that prove that Romans 14 is not talking about God's dietary laws in post # 375
Its up to you what you choose to believe, but you cannot truly believe the bible is all sola scripture if you refuse to accept sola scripture when it disagrees with your beliefs. Anyone can turn any verse on its head if they try hard enough, its not difficult. However:
All food is clean is plain sola scripture, yet you refuse to accept it

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Its up to you what you choose to believe, but you cannot truly believe the bible is all sola scripture if you refuse to accept sola scripture when it disagrees with your beliefs. Anyone can turn any verse on its head if they try hard enough, its not difficult. However:
All food is clean is plain sola scripture, yet you refuse to accept it

It is up to you to choose to believe, you have been provided the scriptures to show that Romans 14 is not talking about God's dietary laws in post # 375 once the context of other scriptures have been added back in but you choose not to believe these scriptures and neither do you respond to them so how can you be practicing sola scriptura? - Your not

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

johnbunyan

Feb 21, 2021
nairobi
✟405.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is up to you to choose to believe, you have been provides the scriptures to show that Romans 14 is not talking about God's dietary laws in post # 375 once the context of other scriptures have been added back in but you choose not to believe these scriptures and neither do you respond to them.
I only joined this conversation concerning what sola scripture states on this matter:
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble.
I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

No one is a sola scripture person for the entire bible, as you have proved here, the sola scripture that disagrees with them is simply overturned any which way they can.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I only joined this conversation concerning what sola scripture states on this matter:
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble.
I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

No one is a sola scripture person for the entire bible, as you have proved here, the sola scripture that disagrees with them is simply overturned any which way they can.

I only practice sola scriptura that is why I made this thread and many others elsewhere. No where in the new testament does it say anywhere that Gods' dietary laws are now abolished. If you have scripture and believe in sola scriptura show me where the scriptures teach God's dietary laws are abolished. You have just been provided scripture context proving that Romans 14 is not talking about God's dietary laws in post # 375 that you refuse to answer. So you have no scripture showing that God's dietary laws have been abolished now do you? If you have no scripture how can you claim sola scriptura? - You cannot as the scriptures disagree with you and you have no scripture to show God's dietary laws have been abolished. So what do you have? - Nothing.

Upvote 0

johnbunyan

Feb 21, 2021
nairobi
✟405.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only practice sola scriptura that is why I made this thread and many others elsewhere.

You accept sola scripture where it suits you. All means all, check it out in your dictionary. Nothing means no exceptions, check that out also

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You accept sola scripture where it suits you. All means all, check it out in your dictionary. Nothing means no exceptions, check that out also
No it as has just been proven in post # 375 that Romans 14 is not talking about dietary laws. Therefore it is you that only accepts sola scripture where it suits you. If you disagree show me the scriptures that say God's dietary laws have been abolished. You have none do you? If you have no scripture how can you claim sola scriptura? You cannot.

Upvote 0

johnbunyan

Feb 21, 2021
nairobi
✟405.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it as has just been proven in post # 375 it is you that accepts sola scripture where it suits you. If you disagree show me the scriptures that say God's dietary laws have been abolished. You have none do you.
You have no argument, once again sola scripture states:

It says nothing about exceptions at all in those verses of sola scripture. It says ALL, AND NOTHING
ALL means all and nothing means no exceptions. In truth, you are no more a sola scripture guy than the average person who claims to follow it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have no argument, once again sola scripture states:

It says nothing about exceptions at all in those verses of sola scripture. It says ALL, AND NOTHING
ALL means all and nothing means no exceptions. In truth, you are no more a sola scripture guy than the average person who claims to follow it

Sure I have argument I provided the scriptures that disagree with you proving that Romans 14 is not talking about the dietary laws of clean and unclean meats in in post # 375 Your response was to ignore these scriptures which are the context you left out of the scriptures you quoted from Romans 14 and the original Greek word meanings from the scriptures quoted. Now were is your scripture proving God's dietary laws have been abolished? You have none do you so your not practicing sola scriptura. Paul’s point is that association of food with idolatrous activity had no bearing on whether the food was inherently suitable or unsuitable for eating. Understood in its context, Romans 14 does not convey permission to ignore the biblical laws as to which meats are clean or unclean..

Upvote 0

johnbunyan

Feb 21, 2021
nairobi
✟405.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure I have argument I provided the scriptures that disagree with you proving that Romans 14 is not talking about the dietary laws of clean and unclean meats in in post # 375 Your response was to ignore these scriptures which are the context you left out of the scriptures you quoted from Romans 14 and the original Greek word meanings from the scriptures quoted. Now were is your scripture proving God's dietary laws have been abolished? You have none do you so your not practicing sola scriptura.
You can continue to try and overturn the plain words of the bible if you wish. It simply proves you are only sola scripture when it suits your beliefs. If all does not mean all, and nothing does not mean what it plainly states sola scripture cannot exist for the whole bible can it. You prove the point well

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You can continue to try and overturn the plain words of the bible if you wish. It simply proves you are only sola scripture when it suits your beliefs. If all does not mean all, and nothing does not mean what it plainly states sola scripture cannot exist for the whole bible can it. You prove the point well
Hmm nope I provided scripture context that disagrees with your teachings proving what you were saying is not biblical. They are Gods' Words not mine - sola scriptura. Now if you disagree prove your claims with scripture and show me where in scripture the new testament teaches that God's dietary laws have been abolished. You cannot can you therefore how can you be practicing sola scriptura?

Upvote 0