Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
In the Genesis account of creation, after recording the work performed by God on each of the six creative days, Moses concluded by saying "and it was evening and it was morning day _____ (one, second, third, fourth, fifth, the sixth)." There is no such concluding statement regarding the seventh day: the day of God's rest.

Any thoughts as to why that might be?

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
The Bible does not specify the length of each of the creative periods. Yet all six of them have ended, it being said with respect to the sixth day (as in the case of each of the preceding five days): “And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day.” (Ge 1:31) However, this statement is not made regarding the seventh day, on which God proceeded to rest, indicating that it continued. (Ge 2:1-3) Also, more than 4,000 years after the seventh day, or God’s rest day, commenced, The Bible indicates that it was still in progress. At Hebrews 4:1-11 refers to the earlier words of David (Ps 95:7, 8, 11) and to Genesis 2:2 and urged: “Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest.” By the apostle’s time, the seventh day had been continuing for thousands of years and had not yet ended. The Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ, who is Scripturally identified as “Lord of the sabbath” (Mt 12:8), is evidently part of the great sabbath, God’s rest day. (Re 20:1-6) This would indicate the passing of thousands of years from the commencement of God’s rest day to its end. The week of days set forth at Genesis 1:3 to 2:3, the last of which is a sabbath, seems to parallel the week into which the Israelites divided their time, observing a sabbath on the seventh day thereof, in keeping with the divine will. (Ex 20:8-11) And, since the seventh day has been continuing for thousands of years, it may reasonably be concluded that each of the six creative periods, or days, was at least thousands of years in length.

Evidently Each creative day was about 7000 years long.  The sixth day is already nearly 6000 years old. 

Upvote 0
Read the Preparation for the week of the cross in Matt.-John for a seven day week. From Fri. until the first day of the new week. In other words day 6 is called the preparation day, & day seven was in fact the Sabbath. Then the next day is the FIRST day of the week. Why did the followers of Christ not do a work that they did finally do on the first day, until the Sabbath was past is stated? It is obvious that the Master would have instructed them if it had not violated the Sabbath Commandment. And it states CLEARLY that they [RESTED ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT]! And then in Matt. 24 we see Christ prophesying upward to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD (some long yrs. ahead of His departure) that they should pray that their flight be NEITHER IN THE WINTER OR ON THE *SABBATH DAY! ----P/N/B/

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 23:56 was before He arose. Matthew 24 is where Jesus talks about Jews in Jerusalem and would make a good case for dispensationalists as the time God again deals with the chosen people while the time of the Gentiles, the grafted in branch to the root of Abraham and Jews of the heart, has been taken care of. This was the last day when the Lord returns for good. 
Instead of using it as one verse to nullify chapter four of Hebrews, I would rather see it as contextual to the great peril of the time and speaking to the Jews at this time - would convey the meaning of terrible time this would be in terms they would understand, as they still practised the law when Jesus told them this story and knew nothing of the kihgdom to come where Jesus would represent the fullness of the Godhead and we would rest from our labors, by faith, in Him to whom every knee will bow and every tongue confess to the glory of the Father.

Upvote 0
Hi,
are you saying that the forth commandment that God Himself wrote is not for all recreated Born Again believers? Rom. 2:28-29-2 Cor. 3:3-Heb. 13:30.

And that we make VOID the Law of God? Rom. 3:31 And that James saying that if we OFFEND in ONE point, that [WE ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THEM ALL] is no longer TRUTH??? James 2:10-12.

Yes, suspect that God will PROVE [us] once again to see if WE really have LOVE in our hearts for Him, [REAL TESTED FAITH]. Try Exodus 16:4 & verse 27-28 & then there land of Canaan HOPE! in verse 35. Yet, what is it that you are saying??

And?? The angels will have a group of Christians that will live eternally with them, doing there own thing?? see Rev. 22:8-9 or Gen. 4:7??.

OR?? Isa. 66:22-23's verse that the, "New Heavens & the NEW EARTH, which I WILL MAKE, ... and from one SABBATH TO ANOTHER {SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME SAITH THE LORD" is just for O.T. & angels, and the other world's' (plural as in Heb. twice stated) and not us??? ---------P/N/B/

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heb. 13:30? Couldn't find that verse.

Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The law to be established is the law of faith mentioned right before the scripture Rom. 3:31 in 3:27 - "but by the law of faith" - the the law of works. The law of faith does require the work of faith which is the labor which is that mentioned in Hebrews:

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

That rest being the Lord of the sabbath, Jesus, whose one work was enough to cover all sin for all time. Even before He died He bid, come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavey laden, and I will give you rest.

Would He say that if He could not give it?

This does not mean we are not to have works based on our faith in God. (Mat. 5:16), but would that only be the work of getting dressed and going to a building on Saturday or Sunday? No. What does He ask about upon His return but of whether we had fed and clothed Him or not - given shelter and visited Him while sick. Our work is practical love shown in our love one for another and in ministering to the lame , blind and the poor. How much sacrifice is envolved in going to a meeting a few times a week or even one day? Nothing compared to giving of your own hard earned cash that you have worked for to help another brother or sister. Yet, we live in a world obsessed with the details while the poor and needy of the world slip away in the dark while others remain in factions and without unity.

Rom 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonorest thou God?
Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Upvote 0
Ralph:
try Heb. 13:20 (sorry about that & Rev. 14:6) The first is the 10 commandment eternal covenant & the last one is the eternal Gospel of Christ, which ARE ONE.

Perhaps you could do a reading of Deut. 31 for the law that Paul talks about being ADDED because of sin. See who WROTE this law in a book & where it was put? It is all there in the chapter. And then see if you know what Rom. 3:31 means? This is the Royal Covenant Law of the Universe, that Lucifer rebelled against! Try 2 Cor. 3:3 for its PROPHESIED new Covenant [abiding] place! Then, that is only when one surrenders the [entire will] as we see in Acts 5:32, for only the born again person can have the power provided by the Master in Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9.
"ALL THINGS" & "GRACE" for what??? No law needs none of these LOVING provisions. We can just relax in the Lost Spewed out state of the Laodiceans of Rev. 3:16-17?-----P/N/B/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by raphe
Heb. 13:30? Couldn't find that verse.

Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

P/N/B here: ---(with added emphasis)
You are right with the 'inspiration posted below..me thinks :)
Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

P/N/B here: This is not agreeable with Pauls printing of inspiration! Notice what Rom. 2:13 says: "[FOR NOT THE HEARERS OF THE LAW ARE JUST BEFORE GOD (faith believing) *BUT THE *DOERS (works because you are saved--RECREATED!) OF THE LAW *SHALL BE JUSTIFIED]."
Adam fell because he sinned, what is sin??? What law? The one that Moses wrote in a book & that was put in [the side] of the Ark, that contained the ten commandments, the Eternal Covenant, the [ONLY] part of the Word that God recorded for us Himself??? Remember that the ADDED laws came about 'because of sin'. What found Lucifer condemned with his other commandment [breakers?]

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The law to be established is the law of faith mentioned right before the scripture Rom. 3:31 in 3:27 - "but by the law of faith" - the the law of works. The law of faith does require the work of faith which is the labor which is that mentioned in Hebrews:

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

That rest being the Lord of the sabbath, Jesus, whose one work was enough to cover all sin for all time. Even before He died He bid, come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavey laden, and I will give you rest.

Would He say that if He could not give it?

P/N/B/ here: Look my good friend, we are agreeing on the REST & PEACE that comes to us is IN & FROM OUR BELOVED MASTER :clap:. That is not the issue! The issue might be seen in the 'possitives only' of Heb. 6? Lets try it this way? In verse 4-5 we find the REST & PEACE that the SABBATH TEACHES. (read Isa. 66:22-23) These ones CAN NOT BE CHANGED for they know it all so to speak. (Try Hosea 4:6) They have BEEN CONVERTED! (BORN AGAIN) So, what can, and what did, and what WILL HAPPEN AGAIN??

Here are the positives only, (first)
"... for those who WERE *ONCE ENLIGHTENED, AND HAVE *TASTED OF THE HEAVENLY GIFT, AND WERE *MADE PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST, ..."

Rom. 8:1 applies to these! John 3:3 & 2 Cor. 3:3 applies to these saved ones! Where is the Law of GOD NOW? Does that mean that it no longer 'IS'?? God/Forbid :cry:. No way, my friend! You can read verse 6? yet, if this is not to long we will come back to it?

Lets go to 2 Peter 2:18-22 in part only for the ETERNAL/COVENANT/LESS of 'lucifer'! "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity ... [those that were clean] escaped from them who [live in error]. ... While [they promise them *liberty], (from what?) they themselves are the servants of corruption: for [whom a man is overcome, THE *SAME is brought IN BONDAGE].

But you teach that there is no law! That we are 'AT LIBERTY'? Here it mentions BONDAGE?? This comes ONLY BY LAW BREAKING!---Think & ask yourself why was Adam & Eve TESTED in the Garden? Again, THEY FELL, SINNED! Once again, what does the Word of God say that SIN IS? THE TRANGRESSION OF THE COVENANT LAW!

Now for more of 2 Peter 2:18-22. ... For it [had been better for them not to have known the way of rightousness, than after they have known it, TO TURN FROM THE HOLY *COMMANDMENT DELIVERED UNTO THEM]. ... (N0, this is not Moses law, but the Eternal Royal Law that GOD WROTE HIMSELF! try Eccl. 12:13-14)

... But it [*HAPPENED] unto them according to the [TRUE PROVERB], The dog is turned to [HIS OWN VOMIT *AGAIN]; and the sow that [*WAS WASHED]
to her wallering in the mire." No COVENT LAW??? NO WAY POSSIBLE MY FRIEND!

OK: What will one now say? Lord, I love you but...? And He says, "IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". (not to earn salvation, but because you would never do anything to re/crucify Him, or offend Him)
Which reminds me of the verse back in Heb. 6:6. (in closing) REMEMBER, we are created as FREE moral agents. There is the Everlasting Gospel & Covenant [*COMBINED]! We cannot have one without the other, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! (it would be NO GOSPEL! tru 2 Tim. 3:16)

The verse says: "[IF] they shall fall away, ... seeing [THEY CRUCIFY TO THEMSELF THE SON OF GOD AFRESH, *AND PUT HIM TO AN *OPEN SHAME]."
Teaching that the Royal Law Of God Is Abolished??? (Or is it just the Sabbath Commandment that is hated? see Dan. 7:25-Psalms 135:13)
P/N/B/

This does not mean we are not to have works based on our faith in God. (Mat. 5:16), but would that only be the work of getting dressed and going to a building on Saturday or Sunday? No. What does He ask about upon His return but of whether we had fed and clothed Him or not - given shelter and visited Him while sick. Our work is practical love shown in our love one for another and in ministering to the lame , blind and the poor. How much sacrifice is envolved in going to a meeting a few times a week or even one day? Nothing compared to giving of your own hard earned cash that you have worked for to help another brother or sister. Yet, we live in a world obsessed with the details while the poor and needy of the world slip away in the dark while others remain in factions and without unity.

Rom 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonorest thou God?
Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LightBearer
Evidently Each creative day was about 7000 years long.  The sixth day is already nearly 6000 years old. 

Peter said a day is as 1000 years AND 1000 years is as a day. 1000 X 1000 equals a million years.

Also, we are told that the universe is expanding in that it doubles in half the time. The same with all multicelled life. First you have one cell, that cell doubles and you have two cells, then four cells, then eight, sixteen and so forth. It takes the same amount of time, to go from one cell to two cells, as it takes to go from eight cells to sixteen. If a mustard tree did not quit growing, it would seem become as big as all the universe.

This is the way it works: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64. If you have a chess board and on square one you put one grain if rice. Then on square two you put two grains of rice, all the way up to square 64, then on square 64 you would have the amount of rice equal to all the rice that is produced in the world in one year.

If you go back 64 million years, according to the way science measures time. You see that a "doomsday astroid" hit the earth. It is 100 miles wide and buried now one mile deep. The result was the entire planet burst into flames and two third of life was destroyed.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Zech. 13:8-9  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. [9] And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by JohnR7
Peter said a day is as 1000 years AND 1000 years is as a day. 1000 X 1000 equals a million years.

P/N/B/ here:
How about each day as a 1000 yrs.? And at the 'End' of the 6th. day or 1000 yrs. the Lord returns? At the 7th day or1000 years ending, the land [has had] her millennium rest or Sabbath, EMPTY! try Jer. 4:22-26 "At the [presence] of theLord" time/frame! Then comes Rev. 20 fullfillment! (loosed a little season) :clap:

You say that we are past that time already? Don't put too much stock in what games men play! Close? counts only in horseshoes ;) (or mans wisdom)--P/N/B/

Also, we are told that the universe is expanding in that it doubles in half the time. The same with all multicelled life. First you have one cell, that cell doubles and you have two cells, then four cells, then eight, sixteen and so forth. It takes the same amount of time, to go from one cell to two cells, as it takes to go from eight cells to sixteen. If a mustard tree did not quit growing, it would seem become as big as all the universe.

This is the way it works: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64. If you have a chess board and on square one you put one grain if rice. Then on square two you put two grains of rice, all the way up to square 64, then on square 64 you would have the amount of rice equal to all the rice that is produced in the world in one year.

If you go back 64 million years, according to the way science measures time. You see that a "doomsday astroid" hit the earth. It is 100 miles wide and buried now one mile deep. The result was the entire planet burst into flames and two third of life was destroyed.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Zech. 13:8-9  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. [9] And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Pastor N.B.
How about each day as a 1000 yrs.?

It has to be 1000 years as we measure time. But the effect of time is not consistant with time. For example, the universe expands twice as much in half the time. Time is consistant, the expansion rate is consistant. But the effect is double.

Originally posted by Pastor N.B.
You say that we are past that time already?

It is pretty easy to follow the genologys from Adam to Abraham, it gets more difficult after that. But Luke and Matthew give them to us.

Still, I go by what God says, that today is the day and now is the time of salvation. Time as we know it has been given to us for ONLY one reason: for salvation. That we should repent, or that we could somehow influence another person to repent.

The Bible only directly refers to it as one day, but indirectly as two days, in shadows and types. Starting at Pentacost I believe the age of grace or the Holy Spirit dispensation is 2000 years. No one has ever shown me it was any different than that.

Just as Jesus rose on the third day, so shall the church rise on the third day.

Luke 13:32 And He said to them, "Go, tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.'

Upvote 0

snoopyloopysk8a

#1 Stunna
Nov 19, 2003
Killa Cali
Visit site
✟18,777.00
Faith
SDA
Politics
US-Democrat
LightBearer said:
How do you figure that? Plants need sunlight to survive, and since they were created before the sun, there's no way for them to survive for 7,000 years without sunlight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.