Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Isaiah 55:3. incline your ear and come unto me, hear and your soul shall live and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, the steadfast love I promised unto David.
This promise is found in 2 Samuel:
2 Samuel 7:12-15. When your days are fulfilled and you sleep with the fathers, I will set up your seed after you and I will establish his kingdom. He will build a house for my name and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever, and I will be his Father and he will be my son. If he commits iniquity I will chasten him with the rod of men and stripes of the children of men. But my mercy will not depart from him as I took from Saul who I removed before you.
This was then presented unto the church:
Acts 13:32-34. And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God has fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus again, as it is written in the second psalm, You are my Son, this day have I begotten you, (Psalms 2:7.) And as concerning that He raised him up from the dead, no more to return to corruption, He said: "I will give you the sure mercies of David."
The covenant of the sure mercies of David is a covenant of parental correction unto the perfection of obedience. What you have done is not what is as important as how you respond to God’s correction. This doctrine is discussed in Hebrews 12 and is based on 2 Samuel 7.
Hebrews 12:6. For whom the Lord loves he chastens and scourges every son whom he receives.
Consider this house of David known as Ephrathites. Ephrathah was a Hebrew woman who became the wife of Caleb, the faithful servant to Moses. Caleb was not a Hebrew, but is identified as a Kenizzite. Caleb was granted the region of Hebron by Moses for his faithful witness with Joshua after the scouting expedition. David’s grandmother was Ruth the Moabite. The city of Bethlehem Ephrathah was the city of Joseph and the birthplace of the Messiah. David ruled from Hebron for seven years until the elders of Israel came and acknowledged him as their king.
The line of Caleb is listed in the Chronicle genealogies with the tribe of Judah by a process known as grafting in, the same terminology Paul uses in Romans 11 to describe the gentile relationship to natural Israel. Through the house of David the wall of partition between Jew and gentile is broken down and finds fulfillment in Christ Jesus.

Luke 1:31-33. Behold, you shall conceive and bring forth a son and shall call him Jesus. He shall be exalted and called the Son of the Highest and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David, and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Isaiah 9:6&7. For unto us a child is born unto a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder.... Of the increase of his government and peace no end upon the throne of David...the zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

The one true church is the house of David and the Lord Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of the throne of majesty to fulfill all righteousness.
Peter informs us:
Acts 3:21. heaven has received Him until the restoration of all things spoken of by all the holy prophets since the world began.
The restoration of all things refers to the throne of David in Israel. This process will not be complete until the end of the final day (1000 years).

Ezekiel 34:23-31. And I will set up one shepherd over them and he shall feed them, my servant David, he shall feed them and he shall be their shepherd. And I the Lord shall be their God and David a prince among them. I the Lord have spoken it and I will make with them a covenant of peace.

Ezekiel 37:24-28. And David my servant shall be king over them and they shall all have one shepherd over them...and they shall dwell in the land I have given to Jacob my servant... and David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, an everlasting covenant...and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

The covenant of peace (berit shalom, also translated covenant of friendship), was originally bestowed on the house of Phineas, the son of Eleazar, in Numbers 25:10-13; and will be granted to all Israel, in Israel, at the end of the age.
Now consider one of the most referenced Old Testament passage in the New Testament to bring all this to a fine point. In the gospels Jesus proposes this question concerning the Christ: Whose son is he? The teachers responded that he is the son of David. Jesus then silences them with this statement.

Matthew 22:41-46. How is it that David in spirit calls him Lord saying The Lord said unto my Lord, sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool (Psalm 110), if David calls him Lord, how is he his son?
This Psalm is also referenced by Peter in Acts 2:33-35. In the letter to the Hebrews we find another reference:
Hebrews 10:12-14. But this man after he had offered one sacrifice for sin forever sat down at the right hand of God, from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
Most importantly, follow Paul’s explanation of the final restitution of all things:
1 Corinthians 15:24-28. Then comes the end when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For He has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are under him it is clear that the exception is He that put all things under him. And when all things are subdued under him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him that put everything under him, that God may be all, in all.
Note that the Son is subject to God the Father. The perceived equality between the Son and Father is based on the equality of granted authority. This is foreshadowed in Genesis 41 pertaining to the relationship between Joseph and Pharaoh.
Genesis 41:40-44. You shall be over my house and according unto your word shall all my people be ruled, only in the throne will I be greater than you.
To serve Joseph was to serve Pharaoh, to dishonor Joseph was to dishonor Pharaoh. Compare this to the self-testimony of Jesus in John 5.
John 5:22&23. For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son; that all should honor the Son as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son honors not the Father who sent him. (Doctrine of Christ).

This is the final restitution of all things spoken of by the prophets by the Spirit of Christ that was in them. The time of the gentiles will soon be fulfilled as the fullness of the gentiles is a finite point in time. The end of the age and the new heaven and new earth and the everlasting righteousness of the kingdom of God and Christ comes after all his enemies come under his feet; and the final enemy is death.
In the millennial kingdom of the house of David, people live long prosperous lives, but not eternal lives.

Isaiah 65:20. One who dies at 100 will be as if a child, but a sinner of 100 years will know they are cursed.
During the 1000 year reign the law of God will be enforced from Jerusalem and the word of God will come forth from mount Zion. (Isaiah 2.)
And after these 1000 years there will be one final rebellion. Sin will continue during the millennium and will be dealt with by the law. Satan will be bound and man will know that there is a sin nature in him that cannot be blamed on “the devil made me do it”. Sinners will chafe under the law of God for 1000 years. This is foreshadowed in the Old Testament, for after the glorious 40 year reign of Solomon, a kingdom like no other on earth, the people rebelled, complaining of the severity of his reign.

Isaiah 33:14. The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness has seized the hypocrites: Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?”
These everlasting covenants are without respect of persons. The terms are final.
Hebrews 6:16. For men in truth swear by one greater, and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
This refers to the role of Jesus Christ as the mediator between God and man. When the terms of the mediation are accepted, there is no more negotiations. Any other gospel is cursed.

Hebrews 13:20&21. Now the God of peace that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the everlasting covenant make you perfect in every good work to do His Will, working in you which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.