Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Some evangelicals claim this is God's country, is it? I thought it was founded by Masons, in Masonic principles?

The United States and its national principles, enshrined forever in the Constitution, stem from the Enlightenment. Free masonry never played a role in shaping America’s ethos.

There are Afro-centrists out there who feel like they don’t have a history of their own, so they hijack ancient Egypt and claim they were black. Likewise, there are Christians out there who hijack America’s history and claim it was founded on Judeo-Christian values. This isn’t true. In fact, most of the founding fathers were secularists.

But does it even matter? 62% of Americans belong to Christ. This means Christianity plays a significant role in shaping the culture and fabric of our society.

Upvote 0

Edwin627

Jan 11, 2017
England
✟28,651.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Some evangelicals claim this is God's country, is it? I thought it was founded by Masons, in Masonic principles?

It's just a saying. Lots of places have this on their signposts etc.
A way to say how much they love the land and how thankful they are to live on it.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No reason to think that we are God's country and we were not founded by Masons, though some of the founders were Masons.

Upvote 0

LadyKay

Nov 6, 2017
Midwest
✟23,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some evangelicals claim this is God's country, is it?

Is that in the Constitution?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
The United States and its national principles, enshrined forever in the Constitution, stem from the Enlightenment. Free masonry never played a role in shaping America’s ethos.

There are Afro-centrists out there who feel like they don’t have a history of their own, so they hijack ancient Egypt and claim they were black. Likewise, there are Christians out there who hijack America’s history and claim it was founded on Judeo-Christian values. This isn’t true. In fact, most of the founding fathers were secularists.

But does it even matter? 62% of Americans belong to Christ. This means Christianity plays a significant role in shaping the culture and fabric of our society.
Of course it did. The first president was a mason and that’s proof. Hijack ancient Egypt? Where’s the proof they weren’t originally black? And 62% profess to belong to Christ I guess is what you meant. Because you and I know that’s definitely not the case.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Of course it did. The first president was a mason and that’s proof. Hijack ancient Egypt? Where’s the proof they weren’t originally black? And 62% profess to belong to Christ I guess is what you meant. Because you and I know that’s definitely not the case.
I don't think that you understood what he was talking about. He didn't say that none of the founding fathers were Masons. I'm sure that he knows that some were but the United States Constitution is one inspired by those who were inspired by the Enlightenment philosophers, such as John Locke. Now the Masonic Halls were used as a place to spread the ideology just as many other places were, such as the Universities or any place that people would listen but Free Masonry far out dates the Enlightenment theories.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's no biblical basis for that assertion at all, no matter what some folks would like to believe.

There is a biblical basis for that assertion, no matter what some folks would like to believe. :D

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Book, chapter and verse, please :)

The bible is the history and prophecies of God's people. Just follow the trails of the Israelites through the bible. They will lead you right to America.

Upvote 0