Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" Eph 6

Notes:
- It's God's armor - we put on. "Wear the full armor of God. Wear God’s armor so that you can fight against the devil’s clever tricks." v11 ERV
- having done all,, stand "And this is why you need to be head-to-toe in the full armor of God: so you can resist during these evil days and be fully prepared to hold your ground." v13 Voice
- 'Pray always. Pray in the Spirit. Pray about everything in every way you know how! And keeping all this in mind, pray on behalf of God’s people. Keep on praying feverishly, and be on the lookout until evil has been stayed." v18 Voice

Would appreciate your input.

Including -
- these Scriptures seem to emphasis the individual believer then v18 we're to be alert concerning all the saints.
- definition of the wiles of the devil, spiritual wickedness in high places, and all the fiery darts of the wicked. v11, v12, v16 "To keep Satan from getting the advantage over us; for we are not ignorant of his wiles and intentions," II Cor 2:11
- the evil day -v 13 Sounds like infrequently ?

God's armor enables us to be strong in Him and in the power of His might.

Last edited:

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is important to pray on behalf of God's people. We are really in a battle, and so many testimonies have been given over the years where miracles have occurred and people been protected through the prayers of the saints. Jesus asked his disciples to pray in the garden of Gethsemane, and they fell asleep on the job.
Prayer is a serious business, God takes it very seriously, I must take it seriously and not let people down by neglecting to pray for them. We must keep Satan from getting an advantage over us.
Thank you for starting this thread.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A couple more Scriptures about standing in Christ's might by faith including in spiritual warfare:
Stand in God's grace -
"Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God." Rom 5:2

Stand in Christian unity -
"Whatever happens, keep living your lives based on the reality of the gospel of Christ. Then when I come to see you, or hear good reports of you, I’ll know that you stand united in one Spirit and one passion—celebrating together as conquerors in the faith of the gospel." Philippians 1:27.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A couple more Scriptures about standing in Christ's might by faith including in spiritual warfare:
Stand in God's grace -
"Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God." Rom 5:2

"Whatever happens, keep living your lives based on the reality of the gospel of Christ. Then when I come to see you, or hear good reports of you, I’ll know that you stand united in one Spirit and one passion—celebrating together as conquerors in the faith of the gospel." Philippians 1:27.
Good advice from the Word of God! Thankyou,'tturt'

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Stand in God's grace -

Such wonderful words, how they warm my heart.
I’ll know that you stand united in one Spirit and one passion—celebrating together as conquerors in the faith of the gospel."

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is important to pray on behalf of God's people. We are really in a battle, and so many testimonies have been given over the years where miracles have occurred and people been protected through the prayers of the saints. Jesus asked his disciples to pray in the garden of Gethsemane, and they fell asleep on the job.
Prayer is a serious business, God takes it very seriously, I must take it seriously and not let people down by neglecting to pray for them. We must keep Satan from getting an advantage over us.
Thank you for starting this thread.

There is power in prayer, that is our weapon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
the evil day -v 13 Sounds like infrequently ?

Evil day, well I think us christians face many evil days but surely there will be also ”The evil day” ?

Upvote 0