Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For some reason, the understanding of Christ pre-incarnate is very controversial, as people get confused with the "Title" which refers to Jesus. Now, Jesus is NOT a created Angel. He is fully Man, fully God, the Messiah, the Christ, and Lord and Saviour. Jesus is Eternal. Jesus was never created. Jesus is Eternal as the Father and Holy Spirit are Eternal. Jesus has always been and always will be.

Matthew 1:23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Here it is clear that Christ is God.
Did the Father create or "procreate" another "God?" If He did, This would mean it would be a SIN to worship Jesus, because it would violate the first commandment!!!

"Before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."Isaiah 43:10
The first commandment says,
"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."
"Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One, Himself the Source and Sustainer of all, is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship. Man is forbidden to give to any other object the first place in his affections or his service. Whatever we cherish that tends to lessen our love for God or to interfere with the service due Him, of that do we make a god." Patriarch's and Prophets p. 305

Christ was not brought into existence, rather He ALWAYS existed as one with the Father.

"Christ is the pre-existent, self-existent Son of God.... In speaking of his pre-existence, Christ carries the mind back through dateless ages. He assures us that there never was a time when He was not in close fellowship with the eternal God. He to whose voice the Jews were then listening had been with God as one brought up with Him."Signs of the Times, Aug. 29, 1900.

Q. What did this term Son of God mean in the mind of the Jews?
A. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.(Joh 5:18 AV)

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"(Php 2:6 AV)

In the resurrection men that are saved are equal to angels. "Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."(Luke 20:36 AV) Jesus was not equal to the angels He was equal to God.

"He was equal with God, infinite and omnipotent.... He is the eternal, self-existent Son."Manuscript 101, 1897.

"4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom."(Heb 1:4-8 AV).

The above verse said, "let all the angels of God worship him." This would be blaspheme if Christ was not YHVH (Jehovah). "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."(Mt 4:10 AV) The Father told all the angels to worship Christ because He was equal to Himself and was, 'the Lord thy God' who only was to be worshipped.

It is not permitted to worship angels "Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,"(Col 2:18 AV).

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."(Rev 19:10 AV)

"8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God."(Rev 22:8-9 AV)

It is not permitted to worship the likeness of anything God has created. The second commandment forbids this. The Bible condemns in clear language those who, "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."(Rom 1:25 AV)

For any creature to claim the right to be worshipped is blaspheme. In fact the Jews falsely accused Jesus of this. "The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."(Joh 10:33 AV) Notice these scriptures that show Jesus was worshipped.

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

Lu 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

"Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."(Mt 4:10 AV)

The preincarnate existence of Christ, and His preincarnate works, is important for several reasons. First, His preexistence is a necessary attribute to show who He was when He came as flesh. If Christ did not exist prior to His incarnation, then He cannot be God. Second, it is important that we have a firunderstanding of the preincarnate Christ in order to discern what is false doctrine and what is the truth. Third, it gives the Christian a tremendous suriety in whom their faith is and the Bible. So it is essential that the preexistence of Christ be proven in order to prove His deity. Jesus is the angel of the LORD, the angel of God, the Archangel Michael, who appeared time and again in the Old Testament to speak directly to His people, prior to the incarnation.

Michael is just another "Title" to refer to Jesus just as Lamb and Lion is. Michael is not a created Angel. Michael the Archangel is only a name or title, but it shows us that Christ has always been there with the Father implementing the plan of salvation.

In many places in the Old Testament it refers to the evelasting attribute of God, we see this with Abraham when he called upon the Lord.

Genesis 21:33
And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God.

God is constantly refered to and His protection, and law, along with His existence is shown as eternal.

Psalm 90:2
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Proverbs 8:23
I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Then we see how the prophecy of Christ as the Messiah describe Him as everlasting and points to His existence from eternity past.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
And many verses confirme the everlasting God as the Creator.

Isaiah 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding

Then prophecy states that Messiah would come from Bethlehem, and He is described as He "whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

Micah 5:2
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

This states not only His preexistence but the fact that He has existed from eternity. So then we look at the appearance of God in a physical form and see that it was none other than Christ Himself. If He appeared before His incarnation, then He obviously existed before His incarnation.

In John 1:14, it is written that "the Word became flesh." Now that He became flesh implies that He was not always flesh, i.e., that He existed before His incarnation. In John 3:13, Jesus said that He came down from heaven. Mortal men do not come down from heaven! This implies a previous existence. In John 17:18, we see that the Father sent Him into the world. In Hebrews 2:14 we read that He partook of flesh and blood. All of these things imply that He existed prior to His incarnation.

Christ as the angel of the Lord appears on numerous occasions throughout the Old Testament. And yet it is clear that He is something more than other angels.The Angel of the LORD is often identified as Jehovah. We can see this in Gen. 16:7-13, when He spoke with Hagar, and in Gen. 22:11-18, when, after the offering of Issac, He confirmed His covenant with Abraham. We see Him again identified as Jehovah in Judges 6:11-24. And here we'll notice something else which is significant. We see the Angel of the LORD accepting worship, which an ordinary angel wouldn't do. Only Jehovah is to be worshipped.

While the Angel of the LORD is identified as Jehovah, He is also distinguished from Jehovah. In Gen. 24:7, we read of Jehovah sending his angel. Zech. 1:12-13 is the clearest revelation of the distinction, for there we see the Angel of the LORD speaking with Jehovah.

Scripture presents that the Angel of the LORD is identified as Jehovah and yet distinct from Him. This would mean that He is one of the members of the Trinity. Here are reasons why the Angel of the LORD should be identified as the second person of the Trinity.

First, the second person is the visible God of the New Testament. The Father has been heard, but never seen. The Spirit has been seen only in the form of a dove, and only in one instance. But Christ, indwelt by the fullness of the Godhead, walked among men, visible and touchable. It therefore seems logical to conclude that the Angel of the LORD would be the second person of the Godhead.
Second, the Angel of the LORD no longer appears after the incarnation of Christ. It seems logical to conclude that the reason why He appears no longer is because in the New Testament He appears as the incarnate Christ.
Third, both the Angel of the LORD and Jesus Christ were sent by the Father. In the Trinitarian relationship, it is the Father Who sends the other two persons.
Fourth, the Angel of the LORD could not be either the Father or the Spirit. He could not be the Father because John 1:18 tells us that "No man hath seen God at any time." He could not be the Spirit, since the Spirit is immaterial. Therefore, He must be the Son. Some of these same arguments apply to the other theophanies which scripture gives us.

In Genesis 18, three men appear to Abraham. It is apparent that one of them is Jehovah (the other two are probably angels), since the text actually says so (v. 13). Furthermore, He knows of Sarah's laughter within herself, and we see Abraham praying to Him. Like the Angel of the LORD, this is a physical manifestation of Jehovah, and must therefore be a preincarnate appearance of Christ.

In Joshua 5:13-15, we read of a man whom Joshua meets near Jericho. The man identified Himself as "captain of the host of the LORD." He accepted Joshua's worship, and told Joshua to remove his shoes because he was on holy ground, just as Moses had to do when the Angel of the LORD spoke to him from the burning bush (Ex. 3). This demonstrates the deity of the Captain, which leads us to the conclusion that this is another preincarnate appearance of Christ. As the Angel of the LORD, He stopped Abraham when He was about to slay Issac. Also as the Angel of the LORD, He stood between the camp of Egypt and that of Israel while the Red Sea was parting. He was with Israel in the wilderness, and provided water from out of a rock on two occasions (Ex. 17, Num. 20, cp. I Cor. 10:4). Christ, in the form of a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night, guided the children of Israel in the wilderness.

The scripture in the New Testament also has direct assertions of Christ's preexistence. The first is John 1:1-4,14. In v.1 we read, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." It was later that "the Word became flesh (v. 14)." If the Word was with God before He became flesh, than He obviously existed before His incarnation. The second is John 6:33-62. There is no need to examine this whole passage. For our purposes, it will suffice just to look at v. 62, where Jesus said to His disciples, "What if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" The third is John 8:58, where Jesus said to the Jews, "Before Abraham was, I am." Jesus is obviously stating here that He existed before Abraham. The fourth is John 17:5, where Jesus was praying to the Father and said, "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." This, too, is an obvious assertion of Christ's preexistence. The fifth is Phil. 2:6, where Paul, speaking of our Lord, says, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God." This passage is one of the most difficult to interpret, but for our purposes all we need see is that there was a time, before He took on the form of a man, that Christ existed in the form of God. This, too, is an obvious assertion of Christ's preexistence.

Christ's works as scripture shows, include Creation, the preservation of the universe, and the sustaining of the children of Israel in the wilderness. In order for Christ to have done these things, which happened prior to His incarnation, He had to have existed. Christ's work in creation is plainly revealed in the New Testament. In John 1:3 we read, "All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made." In Col. 1:16, we read, "By him were all things created," and in Heb. 1:10, "And, Tnou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands." Therefore, His work in creation is obvious.

As the Angel of the LORD, Christ was frequently involved in bearing messages to men. He was also involved in Revelation in other physical appearances.
Christ was involved, even before His incarnation, with man's salvation. Scripture does not give us a great amount of detail as to the nature of His saving ministry before the incarnation, but we are told in 2 Cor. 5:19 that "God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them."

On the basis of the evidence from both Old and New Testaments, anybody who honors the testimony of Scripture must conclude that Jesus Christ has existed from "the beginning" along with God the Father.

Last edited:

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's Review...

The first commandment says,
"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."
“Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One, Himself the Source and Sustainer of all, is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship. Man is forbidden to give to any other object the first place in his affections or his service. Whatever we cherish that tends to lessen our love for God or to interfere with the service due Him, of that do we make a god.” Patriarch’s and Prophets p. 305

If Jesus were not “the eternal, self-existent Son”—(Manuscript 101, 1897), and If Jesus was not “Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One,” it would be blasphemy to worship Jesus just as much as it is blaspheme to worship any other man.“Jehovah, the eternal, self-existent, uncreated One, Himself the Source and Sustainer of all, is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship.”

“The Lord Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, existed from eternity, a distinct person, yet one with the Father. He was the surpassing glory of heaven. He was the commander of the heavenly intelligences, and the adoring homage of the angels was received by him as his right. This was no robbery of God.”--The Review and Herald, April 5, 1906, p. 8.

Ellen White Taught Jesus is God of the Old Testament

6 Testimonies 392
“Abel was a believer in Christ.”
“The God who walked with Enoch was our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”

6 Testimonies 341, 342
“Abraham (Genesis 18:2, 3) had ministered not only to heavenly angels, but to their glorious commander, his Creator, Redeemer, and King.”

Desire Of Ages 23, 24
“The burning bush, in which Christ appeared to Moses.”
“Christ is the I AM THAT I AM speaking to Moses.”

1 Selected Messages 244
“We would do well to heed the words spoken by Christ to Moses at the burning bush (Exodus 3:5).”

Patriarchs And Prophets 411
“It was Christ, by the power of His Word that caused the refreshing stream to flow for Israel.”

3 Spiritual Gifts 257
“It was Christ who stood by him and caused the water to flow from the flinty rock.”

Story Redemption 132
“It was Christ who stood by him and caused the water to flow from the flinty rock.”

Medical Ministry 49
“It was He who called Moses into the mount and gave him instruction for His people. In awful granduer Christ made known the law of Jehovah.”

Desire Of Ages 52
“It was He who declared Himself to Moses as the I AM.”
“It was he who in the pillar of cloud and of fire had been the guide of Israel.”

3 Testimonies 343
“They saw the glorious light which covered the Divine form of Christ.”

Patriarchs And Prophets 366
“Amid the awful glory of Sinai, Christ declared the 10 Precepts of His Father's Law. It was Christ who gave to Moses the law engraved upon the tables of stone.”

Mount Of Blessings 45
“It was Christ who had proclaimed the law upon Mount Sinai.”

Mount Of Blessings 47
“The precepts that God had given to Moses at Mount Sinai were communicated from Christ.”

Historical Sketches 231
“Christ and the Father, standing side by side upon the mount, with solemn majesty proclaimed the 10
Commandments.”

Desire Of Ages 158
“The same voice that upon Mount Sinai proclaimed the law.”

6 Testimonies 60
“The law which Christ Himself proclaimed from Sinai.”

8 Testimonies 198
“By proclaiming the 10 Commandments to Israel, Christ is our Redeemer speaking from Sinai.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus is God in the Flesh

Councils On Stewardship 349
“God manifest in the flesh.”

Desire Of Ages 311
“He was God in the flesh.”

Prophets And Kings 597
“God Himself manifested in the flesh.”

Desire Of Ages 326, 664
“God was with them in the flesh.”
“Christ had not ceased to be God when he became man.”
“The Godhead was still His own.”
“God in human flesh.”
“God was manifested in Him.”

Fundamentals Education 179,180
“God in the flesh, God in Christ.”

Great Controversy 24
“The fullness of the Godhead bodily - who was God.”

1 Selected Messages 244
“Yet He was God in the flesh (Exodus 3:5).”

6 Testimonies 230
“God in Human Form has bought life and immortality.”

6 Testimonies 392
“The GOD who walked with Enoch was our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”

Evangelism 616
“Christ and the Father, standing side by side upon the mount,
with solemn majesty proclaimed the 10 Commandments.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus is Eternal

1 Selected Messages 247
“The Word existed as the Eternal Son of God.”
“From everlasting He was the mediator of the covenant.”
“The Word was with God and the Word was God.”
“The world was made by Him,” and without Him was not anything made that was made”(John 1:3). If Christ Made All Things He existed before all things. Christ was God essentially and in the highest sense.
He was with God from eternity, God Over All, blessed forever more.”
“The Divine Son of God Existed From Eternity, as a distinct person yet one with the Father”
“He was the surpassing glory of heaven.”

Acts Of The Apostles 38, 39
“Christ was indeed glorified, even with the glory which He had with the Father from All Eternity.”

9 Testimonies 220
“From Eternity Christ had been man's Redeemer.”

Evangelism 615
“The Pre existent, Self Existent Son of God.”

“The Eternal Son of God.”

Patriarchs And Prophets 38
“Christ had EVER stood at the right hand of the Father.”

1 Selected Messages 228
“From all eternity Christ was united with the Father.”

Fundamentals Education 382
“The Son of God who was with the Father form Eternal Ages.”

Child Guidance 166
“Trial cannot move the building which is riveted to the Eternal Rock.”

Desire Ages 600
“The Eternal Rock, the chief cornerstone Jesus Christ.”

Fundamentals Education 289, 461
“Those whose souls are not riveted to the Eternal Rock will be swept away.”
“The salvation of our people depends on being riveted on the Eternal Rock.”

Temperance 108
“The receiver possesses stronger, clearer understanding than before he riveted his soul to the Eternal Rock.”

3 Testimonies 217
“They need to drink of the unceasing streams which proceed from the Eternal Rock.”

6 Testimonies 146
“Those whose souls are not riveted to the Eternal Rock will be swept away.”

Fundamentals Education 400
“The Eternal Word.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus is God the Son

Desire Ages 507, 785
“The DIETY of Christ.”

5 Testimonies 346
“As DEITY He exerts mighty power on our behalf.”

Evangelism 615
“The Pre existent, Self Existent Son of God.”
“The Eternal Son of God.”

Evangelism 616
“The existence of Christ before His incarnation is not measured by figures.”

1 Selected Messages 247
“The Word existed as the Eternal Son of God.”
“From everlasting He was the mediator of the covenant.”
“The Word was with God and the Word was God.”
“The world was made by Him,” and without Him was not anything made that was made”(John 1:3). If Christ Made All Things He existed before all things. Christ was God essentially and in the highest sense.
He was with God from eternity, God Over All, blessed forever more.”
“The Divine Son of God Existed From Eternity, as a distinct person yet one with the Father”
“He was the surpassing glory of heaven.”

Desire Of Ages 530
“In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus is is equal to the Father

Fundamentals Of Education 142, 179, 382, 536
“Christ humbled himself from the position of one Equal With God.”
“Christ - the One Equal With the Father.”
“Who was with the Father from Eternal Ages.”
“Him who was Equal With the Father from the beginning.”

Patriarchs And Prophets 34, 37, 63, 69
“One with the eternal Father-One? in Nature, in character, in purpose.”
“One in Power and authority with the Father.”
“The exaltation of the Son of God as Equal With the Father.”
“Only one Equal With God could make atonement for transgression.”
“But God gave His own dear Son - One Equal With Himself.”

Story Of Redemption 13
“Christ His Son should be Equal With Himself.”

Acts Apostles 333
“Presenting Christ as He was when Equal With God.”

Desire Of Ages 207, 208, 649
“He declared Himself Equal With God.”
“He claimed to be Equal With God.”
“One Equal With God, acted as a servant to His disciples.”

Evangelism 615
“He was Equal With God, INFINITE and OMNIPOTENT.
He is the Eternal, Self Existent Son.”

Great Controversy 503
“Him who was Equal With God.”

Messages Young People 255
“Christ who was the Monarch in heaven, Equal With God.”

1 Selected Messages 69, 70, 308, 321, 371
“Jesus the Majesty of heaven, He who was Equal With God.”
“Christ - Equal With God.”
“Equal With God.”
“The sacrifice of Him who was Equal With the Father.”

2 Testimonies 200, 426
“He was Equal With God.”

3 Testimonies 566
“Christ's position of one Equal With the Father.”

4 Testimonies 458
“Could only be spoken by DEITY.“Christ when Equal With the Father.”

8 Testimonies 268
“He has been made Equal With the Father.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus Created Man

Councils On Diet 43
“Our Creator is Jesus Christ. He is the Author of our being.”

Patriarchs And Prophets 36, 66
“Christ was still to exercise Divine power, in the creation of the earth and its inhabitants.”
“The Son of God who created man.”

Desire Of Ages 269, 270
“The same voice that spoke life to man created from the dust fo the earth had spoken life to the paralytic.”

Steps To Christ 88
“Without Him was not anything made that was made.”

Education 79
“He who created man understood the value of humanity.”

Mount Of Blessings Preface vii
“Christ created man.”

7 Testimonies 269
“Christ created man.”

8 Testimonies 264
“Through Jesus Christ a personal God created man.”

Medical Ministry 19
“He made the world.”

Temperance 276
“Christ is man's Creator and Redeemer.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus was the Creator

Christ Object Lessons 18
“The things of nature which His own hands had made.”

Fundamentals Of Education 400
“The Creator of the world.”
“The Eternal Word.”

Desire Of Ages 649
“One equal with God by creating the world.”

Great Controversy 651
“He whose power created and upheld unumbered worlds through the vast realms of space, the Beloved God.”

Messages Young People 300
“The Savior was in a world that He Himself had created.”

1 Selected Messages 247
“The world was made by Him.”

Story Of Redemption 13, 14
“The Son should be equal with the Father Himself.”

“The Son was to work with the Father in the anticipated creation of the earth.”

2 Testimonies 209
“Jesus had united with the Father in making the world.”

6 Testimonies 182
“Christ who created the world and all the things that are therein.”

Testimonies To Ministers 177
“The world was His, He made it.”

Steps To Christ 88
“Without Him was not anything made that was made.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus Created the Heavenly Beings and universe

Great Controversy 493
“Christ created all things in heaven.”

Patriarchs And Prophets 34, 37
“The Son - the creator of all heavenly beings.”

Desire Of Ages 87, 88
“The Creator of the worlds.”

8 Testimonies 288
“There is not a star that beautifies the heavens that He did not make.”

8 Testimonies 288
“The Sun and Moon were made by Him.”

Desire Of Ages 288
“He who created all things in heaven and in the earth.”

Ellen White Taught Jesus is God Jehovah

5 Testimonies 346
“As DEITY He exerts mighty power on our behalf.”

Desire Of Ages 19
“God with us.”
“From the days of ETERNITY the Lord Jesus Christ was one with the Father.”

Desire Of Ages 20
“It was Christ that spread the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.”

Desire Of Ages 23
“He was the INCARNATE GOD.”

Desire Of Ages 484
“As God He was the foundation of life for the world.”

Fundamentals Education 379
“The LORD GOD came down to this world clothed in humanity.”

Councils On Health 455
“Jehovah Emmanuel - God of Israel.”

Mount Blessings 34
“Jehovah Emmanuel - The Godhead bodily.”

Mount Blessings 108
“Jehovah Emmanuel - God Himself.”

3 Testimonies 328
“Notwithstanding the INFINITE POWER and MAJESTY of God and Christ, angels became disaffected.”

Desire Of Ages 23
“The burning bush, in which Christ appeared to Moses, revealed God. The symbol chosen for the representation of DEITY was a lowly shrub, that seemingly had no attractions. This enshrined the INFINITE.”

Great Controversy 470
“Like Moses they see the purity and exalted perfection of the INFINTIE ONE.”

The Sanctified Life 38
“When Christ manifests Himself they feel themselves to be in the presence of the INFINITE ONE and acknowledge that the LIVING GOD is above every earthly power.”

Review And Herald 5/11/1908
“This is the reward of all who follow Christ - Jehovah Emmanuel.”

Review And Herald 10/02/1909
“This is the reward of all who follow Christ - Jehovah Emmanuel.”

2 Testimonies 200
“He was Equal With God.”BLESSINGS IN THE LORD!!!

excerpts from articles by David M. Curtis
http://www.loudcry.org

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After the resurrection of Jesus when He was brought into the word again He inherited a name above all names this is when the Father tells all to worship Him.

Hebrews 1:6 And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."

Upvote 0

divineJesus

Jun 27, 2008
australia
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“ Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”(Mt 4:10 AV)[/quote]

S0 far, what I understand is that the Spirit of God is power, yet the Person of God of whom the fore mentioned power emanates is God the Spirit. God is a Spirit Joh_4:24 and that's not the same as the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God is of God the Spirit. When one reads Joh_4:24, we are told that we too are a spirit in essence, so that if we were to communicate with God, we must communicate with what we really are, spirit! For it is not befitting for our body to communicate with God the same as it is not befitting for a carpenter to communicate with a philosopher for the reason of one to appreciate what the other is discussing. Now discerning such a fact reveals to us God the Father. In 2Ti_1:2 describe the sonship of man to man and man to God. The author is a true worshiper of God the Father who truly communicates with through God the Spirit. And the Author communicates from his higher ranking spirit to Timothy the spirit. Now we should be able to discern that human physical, father son relationship is only to bring to our understanding as to the truth of the Father Son relationship. To put it in simpler terms, God made man, the father and his son, and God is the provider for both their physical and spiritual needs, so how could man take the credit for the fathership of his human son. This is another living example as to true Fatherhood of God the Father, for he is the true provider and nurturer and savior. Now the great question has been troubling many generations:" Is God triune?" And the answer is, yes and no. Yes, because that's what God wanted to reveal to us concerning all what concerns us to know about God. And no, because God the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit are one and the same. Not three different masks in one person or three persons in one person. God is one, and God is a Spirit. A question begs to be asked here:" Was God a Son before Christ Jesus?” Yes and no again. Yes because God is every attribute, from eternity till eternity. And no, because God was incarnate, and came to be revealed to us as the Son of God through the time chosen by God and through a woman called Mary. So God chose to be a Son then. Now who was Jesus? Physically Jesus was a human who took on the nature of the sinful man, but the reason he became man is because only God can save us from the eternal separation from God. God didn't want to lose us because we are his children so he had to come up with a plan to repair what we have broken. God became a Son but not before the incarnation. What was Jesus before the incarnation? Joh_1:1, says:" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." This a full description of who Jesus was. Let's first look at what the Word was again. Joh_1:3, the Word was the creator Himself. So is the Word of God a Person? Yes and no. Yes because the Word of God is truly God, when we heard the voice of God from Heaven saying,” And lo a voice from heaven, saying, this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Mat_3:17. So the Words we heard were God himself. And no, because God is not a word, rather the Word of God proceeds from the mouth of God. So according to the scriptures, Jesus was the Word, and a man and Son of God and God, Jesus was also body mind and spirit. So according to this theory, Jesus was 7 different persons in one. Not to forget that he was teacher and a carpenter and also a Jew from the tribe of Judah. And again he was the Messiah, the anointed King of the Jews, so it appears to me that the list goes on. Jesus was the Word of God and was transformed into the Son of God. Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh John 1:14. Jesus the man was truly a created being. The Word was made flesh. The same as when God said: Gen_9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made He man. God Almighty made with his a Flesh that He was to inhabit, Himself. One finds it hard to understand, yet Jesus the man was born of a woman like any of us created beings, so why do we say that he was not created? In the womb of Mary the incarnation of God had taken place. This was not an ordinary birth. God was the physical Father of Jesus, and Mary was the physical mother. So did Jesus inherit the sin of Adam through his Mother? It is right to say he did, but he was sanctified by the God the Father and again, God's death for man was from eternity. So Jesus was both sanctified by the Father and God has taken away his sin before he was made, so he was born sinless. And the fact that Jesus never sinned in his life, is the actual proof that Jesus was truly the Son of God. God Almighty took on a suit of man to teach us and save us. If one wants to believe in a triune God, it is not wrong, but it is no the full discernment as to the Person of God. The full truth is: God Is. God told Moses, I Am that, I Am. Nothing else describes God better.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,431.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I got some good insight from a few friends on this issue, first here is post from Amo...
'This belief did not originate with the SDA church. Nor are they the only ones who make this connection.

The earlier Protestant scholars usually identified Michael with the preincarnate Christ, finding support for their view, not only in the juxtaposition of the "child" and the archangel in #Re 12, but also in the attributes ascribed to him in Daniel (see Hengstenberg, Offenbarung, I, 611-22, and an interesting survey in English by Dr. Douglas in Fairbairns BD). John A. Lees (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia)

ARCHANGEL

This world is only twice used in the Bible, #1Th 4:16 Jude 1:9. In this last passage it is applied to Michael, who, in #Da 10:13,21 12:1, is described as having a special charge of the Jewish nation, and in #Re 12:7-9 as the leader of an angelic army. So exalted are the position and offices ascribed to Michael, that many think the Messiah is meant. ( American Tract Society Bible Dictionary)

The Rabbinical traditions about Michael are very numerous. They oppose him constantly to Sammael, the accuser and enemy of Israel, as disputing for the soul of Moses; as bringing the ram the substitute for Isaac, which Sammael sought to keep back, etc., etc.: they give him the title of the "great high- priest in heaven," as well as that of the "great prince and conqueror;" and finally lay it down that "wherever Michael is said to have appeared, there the glory of the Shechinah is intended." It is clear that the sounder among them, in making such use of the name, intended to personify the Divine Power, and typify the Messiah (see Schoettgen, Hor. Hebr. i. 1079, 1119, ii. 8, 15, ed. Dresd. 1742).( Smiths Revised Bible Dictionary)'

and as to evidence of Michael the Prince creating the universe as Christ the Creator, here are some verses that make the connection....

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. Dan 9:25 (KJV)

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: Dan 12:1 (KJV)

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. Acts 3:14-15 (KJV)

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. Acts 5:31 (KJV)

Upvote 0