God welcomes all, so we welcome all.

david61

Jul 5, 2015
✟7,627.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I saw a picture of my local United Church of Christ celebrating the vote, permitting gay marriage in all 50 states. They used the slogan that since God accepts all, they do too. Let's face it, the flavor of the month seems is a general acceptance of practicing gays into the church, so that's rather easy, since there seems to be widespread public support. But what I don't get is why are other classes of christian's not included, such as the easy to hate pedophiles? Did not God love them also? Shouldn't we love them just the same? I've read in social media that the young generation thinks that should be punishable by death! Why do we claim God's love in one instance, and play God in another? Isn't that another form of discrimination?

jargew

Aug 6, 2012
✟12,751.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, some of the UCC doctrine is not bible based, but more of a philosophy.
You may want to check out the doctrine of some evangelical churches.
God accepts all who repent. If one doesn't repent and accept Christ as their Savior, then there is eternal damnation.
Of course we should not judge, and we should show love and compassion to all.

1 Corinthians 5: 11
11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister, but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you

Upvote 0

Eatay

Apr 19, 2016
USA
✟7,633.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well there's a difference between two consenting adults of the same sex having sex, and an adult having sex with a child who isn't old enough to properly consent. And people in society realize that, and if the Churches follow society, they will also realize that.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Uncle Tommy

Just a Christian
Dec 30, 2008
Probably sitting on my bed.
✟10,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually all churches should welcome pedophiles. We must be careful to keep the individuals away from children as possible, nor should such individual have positions of authority but we all need access to the brethren and exposition of the Scriptures. We were told to love our neighbors, our enemies etc. So long as we keep the young ones safe there is no reason to turn sinners of any type away.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's because pedophiles hurt children while being gay dosen't hurt anybody but yourself.

Other than the fact that God labels it as sin, it dosnt really hurt anything.

I also don't think we should keep sinners away from church as that can lead to repentance.

Upvote 0