Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More than anything!

God wants to be the focus and the center of our lives precisely because:

He knows that there is nothing greater He could give us than Himself.

—Psalms 37:4 (KJV)
Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

—Psalms 73:25 (KJV)
Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

—Philippians 4:4 (KJV)
Rejoice in the LORD always: and again I say, Rejoice.

God’s ultimate means of grabbing our attention is the sending of Jesus Christ.

—John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

In our busy and distracted lives, how we need to pay attention to God.

Do we worship our pets or our cars, maybe it's our job or career we worship, or our television or sports. God wants to get our attention. Are you in prayer talking to God? God wants to hear from us. Pray for our family, friends, church, leaders, strangers. Pray for their charity in service to our LORD.

Pray for them that they will hear the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ our LORD and SAVIOR.

God takes great delight in hearing our prayers. God recognizes our prayers as a sign of our faith in HIM, and that we rely on, and trust in, all the Glory, Power, Honor, and Greatness of our Father in Heaven.

251125_d2d595a05a3004980a5561fd58db502c.jpg

Rejoice in the LORD always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Last edited:

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

—Psalms 37:4 (KJV)
Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

True. God has done this for me (it was easy for him as I don't desire very much). :bow:

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True. God has done this for me (it was easy for him as I don't desire very much). :bow:

And He is still doing it. He just has not shown you yet! That, is The God, that we serve! Blessings spring forth every day.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And He is still doing it. He just has not shown you yet! That, is The God, that we serve! Blessings spring forth every day.

No really, I'm blessed above most everyone that I know.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's no close of business at the end of each day. God is ALWAYS OPEN.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no close of business at the end of each day. God is ALWAYS OPEN.

Has The Lord ever surprised you with something that you never expected? Something that came out of the blue and really caught you by surprise? He always working in the background doing things like this for those who love Him. I am sorry if the words I wrote were not understood, but sometimes that happens. Be Blessed Mr O.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has The Lord ever surprised you with something that you never expected? Something that came out of the blue and really caught you by surprise? He always working in the background doing things like this for those who love Him. I am sorry if the words I wrote were not understood, but sometimes that happens. Be Blessed Mr O.
I understood you. I was adding on, in agreement, to what you had said. Perhaps I should have began my sentence with: AND, ... . Then perhaps I would have been more clear.

The LORD has blessed me far beyond what I deserve. I am grateful. God has shown me much lovingkindness. All Praise, Glory, and Honor be unto our LORD.

God bless you, GTW27.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God wants to bless us more than we can imagine being blessed.
God wants a relationship with is waaaay more than we desire to have one with Him.
We will never know the extent of how much God loves. We might when we stand in His Presence in the next life.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"God Trying To Get Your Attention" by Keb' Mo'

Devotionals...

I Love that song! It has a great message, some funny parts which made me laugh and smile in between, and it has a good catchy rhythm. :oldthumbsup:

I also used to be a lot into such music when younger, loved listening a lot to black singers both male and female ones. Also dancing to it. I still enjoy a lot of this now too, just brings back good memories.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyways; I want to add some words after having also read the main message in here;);

There are never any excuses for having no time for God during a day. Most people manage making own time for their families and other activities, unless their jobs takes over too much of their time so they don't feel as they have much time nor energy left for any other activities to be done besides this. You do have also those who hardly have any time left for their families as well. Though everything have a lot with how you prioritize, you could for example get another job with less pay and less work hours, rather than having the one which becomes YOUR life.

I know, it isn't easy finding a new job, the job-marked is really difficult these days, yet it isn't impossible, considering if you are a Christian believer, you should have enough trust and faith in God to provide for you with this too? As God is always faithful to take care of those who He loves, He wouldn't let you down in any way.

There is always time for God, even if you'd call out to Him for just 5 minutes! Even though if you are having a really close relationship to Him or are longing for having this with Him, then you would like spending more time with Him. But there is no required time-limit on how much time it is expected from you with God, as long as you truthfully seek Him. God knows every person's heart, so He will know who does seek Him with a whole heart as well as in truth. As long as we seek Him daily, and wish to be spending time with Him and have our focus on Him. This pleases Him greatly!

If daily business makes it difficult for you to seek God in any way, then you should really question yourself whether you truly love and worship God with your whole heart?! As if you can't make any time for Him but do make time for your work, family and any other activities, aren't you then worshipping and loving these more than God?

God even mentions in His Word that everything a person does isn't done by his hands alone, but it is given to him from God. Every sucesses made and wealth, are blessings given from God. And yet some people acted as this all were done because of them alone, and this displeased God! Everything good which we are given in life, comes from God! :amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything good which we are given in life, comes from God! :amen:

I just wanted to mention that this quote was taken from what my husband said sometime during early last year, so I used it in my message over.

And it is also what Scripture tells us, I just didn't wanted to have all credit given to me for this part.

Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to mention that this quote was taken from what my husband said sometime during early last year, so I used it in my message over.

And it is also what Scripture tells us, I just didn't wanted to have all credit given to me for this part.
Good and Perfect Gifts... Amen. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." (James 1:17)

Upvote 0