Isa 54:2 "Enlarge the place of your tent,
And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings;
Do not spare;
Lengthen your cords,
And strengthen your stakes.
Isa 54:3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left,
And your descendants will inherit the nations,
And make the desolate cities inhabited.

1Ch 4:10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.

How big is your vision of God? You know this past few days the Lord has been speaking to me about enlarging my vision, expecting great things from God. We have a mighty Great God yet although I say I believe God is the God of the impossible, it doesn’t compute always when I am faced with the day to day struggles of this life, my vision is really big when I’m in church, but outside in the real world I can’t say it always is so big, yet here I am a Pentecostal Christian, who believes in signs and wonders being for today, who has experienced God’s healing power, seen amazing things, I feel God’s presence with me daily, but do I really in my heart of hearts expect to constantly see the miraculous? I believe God at His Word, but do I have that sense of constant expectancy?
For the last couple of years my husband and I have been involved in a church planting exercise, planting a Pentecostal Church. We are leaders in the church, but it’s been hitting home to me that we must increase our vision, expect the real miraculous. I think this is true for so many of us today, our vision of what God can do is just too small. See the words of Jabez, this man who we only have two small verses about in the whole Bible, this man whose mother bore him in pain, and yet he prayed such a prayer and the Lord blessed him indeed and granted him his requests. God answers the prayers of the faithful, he wants us to expect really great things from him. Doesn’t He?

Abba Father,
You know our hearts, bless each of my brothers and sisters here, enlarge and increase our vision, our territory, give us a real sense of expectancy to see wonderful miraculous things, to see revival, and see people saved, healed, spiritually, physically and mentally, that Your hand would be with us each step of the way. Lord we pray that you keep us from the darts of the evil one, keep Your hedge of protection around us, and keep us from sin. Help us to be holy for you are holy..

In Jesus Name,
AMEN

iafic

May 20, 2006
Sarasota FL
✟16,008.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
irenemcg said:
Abba Father,
You know our hearts, bless each of my brothers and sisters here, enlarge and increase our vision, our territory, give us a real sense of expectancy to see wonderful miraculous things, to see revival, and see people saved, healed, spiritually, physically and mentally, that Your hand would be with us each step of the way. Lord we pray that you keep us from the darts of the evil one, keep Your hedge of protection around us, and keep us from sin. Help us to be holy for you are holy..

In Jesus Name,
AMEN

I RECEIVE THAT!!!!:prayer:

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Irene many are experiencing that same vision now. the fact that you are in GB and hearing it is super encouraging.
When our former store-front church was looking to move into larger quarters our pastor told us that if we thought the building was big enough for us, it was too small for God. and if we thought it was too large then it would be just right for God's plans.

our curent church is also planing on expanding, and has gone to the drawing table twice now to find plans that match God's vision for us to double our size in order to accomodate the harvest of souls that God will be sending. And yes, that means some stretching of many things.
I can't help but recall the words of Revelation 4:1

"then as i looked, i saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me with the sound of a mighty trumpet blast. the voice said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after these things."

praying that God will give you that kind of 'open door to heaven' vision.:prayer:

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 Chronicles 4:10 - And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.​

I contend that Jabez knew intimately this God of Covenant and was calling upon that Covenant Maker to fulfill His Word in Jabez' life.

Jabez said, "Bless me indeed," as though there was a prior commitment from the Lord to bless him according to his belief.

If I tell you that I am going to bless you, your reponse may very well be, "Bless me like you said you would" or "Bless me indeed".

Jabez was calling on the Lord to do as the Lord had promised him! :amen:

Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
irenemcg said:
Isa 54:2 "Enlarge the place of your tent,
And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings;
Do not spare;
Lengthen your cords,
And strengthen your stakes.
Isa 54:3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left,
And your descendants will inherit the nations,
And make the desolate cities inhabited.

1Ch 4:10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.

How big is your vision of God? You know this past few days the Lord has been speaking to me about enlarging my vision, expecting great things from God. We have a mighty Great God yet although I say I believe God is the God of the impossible, it doesn’t compute always when I am faced with the day to day struggles of this life, my vision is really big when I’m in church, but outside in the real world I can’t say it always is so big, yet here I am a Pentecostal Christian, who believes in signs and wonders being for today, who has experienced God’s healing power, seen amazing things, I feel God’s presence with me daily, but do I really in my heart of hearts expect to constantly see the miraculous? I believe God at His Word, but do I have that sense of constant expectancy?
For the last couple of years my husband and I have been involved in a church planting exercise, planting a Pentecostal Church. We are leaders in the church, but it’s been hitting home to me that we must increase our vision, expect the real miraculous. I think this is true for so many of us today, our vision of what God can do is just too small. See the words of Jabez, this man who we only have two small verses about in the whole Bible, this man whose mother bore him in pain, and yet he prayed such a prayer and the Lord blessed him indeed and granted him his requests. God answers the prayers of the faithful, he wants us to expect really great things from him. Doesn’t He?

Abba Father,

In Jesus Name,
AMEN

Wow girl that's awesome that you've been hearing from God about this!

It's totally true--We can limit God with our thinking--God wants us to dream BIG! :D

Reading this blesses me--Thank you :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.