Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So basically I became a convert at about ten, lost my way (cares of this life) and was convicted to try and reboot my faith (by my Mum).

For about a decade I was trying to believe, with no idea why.

Then I made a mental connection: Jesus said "until now you have asked nothing in My Name" and also "I do not say I will pray" - Jesus wanted me to pray because that is what He said!

To cut a long story short, God basically said to me "That is why you must pray, just as Jesus had faith and prayed: so you must also."

And for the first time in my life, I have had peace about the part of my prayer that made sense - not the "I make you my Lord" nonsense, but the fact that I sin and need forgiveness: something I can transcend through; not because "I" am praying, but because God has heard me!

I hope this is some comfort to you. God bless your words, as He blessed Jesus'.

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi there,

So basically I became a convert at about ten, lost my way (cares of this life) and was convicted to try and reboot my faith (by my Mum).

Then I made a mental connection: Jesus said "until now you have asked nothing in My Name" and also "I do not say I will pray" - Jesus wanted me to pray because that is what He said!

To cut a long story short, God basically said to me "That is why you must pray, just as Jesus had faith and prayed: so you must also."

And for the first time in my life, I have had peace about the part of my prayer that made sense - not the "I make you my Lord" nonsense, but the fact that I sin and need forgiveness: something I can transcend through; not because "I" am praying, but because God has heard me!

Makes perfect sense to me. Amen and well said.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there,

I know the feeling when I got saved in July of 2015.

Upvote 0