HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was thinking and I kind of had a revelation.

I think another reason why things like abuse and rape make me so angry, other than concern the people it happens to, is because I feel like I would lose my faith if that happened to me. I often feel guilty for all the blessings I have, knowing there are millions who don't have the same thing. I know I should feel blessed, but I didn't do a thing to deserve anything I have. No one gets to choose where or when they were born. I could just as easily have been an orphan living on the streets in India.

Plus I know no one gets a free pass in life, which often makes me feel like faith is nothing more than hellfire insurance. The only difference between believers and non-believers is that we know where we're going when we die. As for life here, we're on our own. We have to deal with the same random suffering and problems like everyone else. Christians can be some of the nastiest people, and atheists can be some of the kindest people. I've heard it said you can't live a fulfilled life without God, but I beg to differ. There are atheists living fulfilled lives just as there are Christians who lose hope and commit suicide.

And apparently we shouldn't commit suicide not because human life is so fragile and worth protecting. No, apparently we shouldn't commit suicide because we're trying to upstage God. Yeah. All God cares about in this life is that we work for him. Just get more converts. We work for him like slaves and get relief only when we die. Let's stop trying to deny it and tell the gospel as it really is, just hellfire insurance.

I've also pretty much come to the conclusion that God cares about our free will more than he actually loves us. Love has to override free will in certain cases. God never does that. Women have no say in whether or not they conceive, and they can even have a baby through rape. White men have virtually free reign in our society. Brutal patriarchy still exists in the third world. Africa is still suffering despite the trillions of dollars that have been sent to help them over the decades. The sex trade is still ongoing. Sex used for any purpose other than it's original intent destroys lives, yet God still creates us with those drives. People with inclinations toward being gay are forced to live celibate lives. People like me will never have the status and privileges that married people do simply because we're single. I could go on and on...

But I don't have to to prove my case, that God values our free will more than he actually loves us. Jesus's sacrifice was only so we could be in heaven with him when we die.

But hey. Life isn't fair. Why should I expect God to be?

And don't tell me it's because of sinful people. That's no longer an excuse to me.

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think another reason why things like abuse and rape make me so angry, other than concern the people it happens to, is because I feel like I would lose my faith if that happened to me. I often feel guilty for all the blessings I have, knowing there are millions who don't have the same thing. I know I should feel blessed, but I didn't do a thing to deserve anything I have. No one gets to choose where or when they were born. I could just as easily have been an orphan living on the streets in India.

The rain falls on the just and unjust, disasters strike the just and unjust, and this life is borrowed time.

Plus I know no one gets a free pass in life, which often makes me feel like faith is nothing more than hellfire insurance. The only difference between believers and non-believers is that we know where we're going when we die. As for life here, we're on our own. We have to deal with the same random suffering and problems like everyone else. Christians can be some of the nastiest people, and atheists can be some of the kindest people. I've heard it said you can't live a fulfilled life without God, but I beg to differ. There are atheists living fulfilled lives just as there are Christians who lose hope and commit suicide.

Hellfire insurance? Sorry but that's not the feeling of faith, not the saving kind. The only difference? Read the Puritans and tell me there is no difference. I know there is a difference, I also know that all Christians fight an internal war daily, between the flesh and Spirit, and God allows things, but things work for the good for those in Christ, God can bring good, even out of our sins, and in Christ there is victory over sin. What you fail to realize is that people can claim to be whatever, but that does not make it so. Apostasy is real, false prophets and prophecy is real, there are wolves among the sheep, and masses blinded by them. Is that what it's all about though, Christ died so we can have a fulfilled life? Fulfilled in what ways?

And apparently we shouldn't commit suicide not because human life is so fragile and worth protecting. No, apparently we shouldn't commit suicide because we're trying to upstage God. Yeah. All God cares about in this life is that we work for him. Just get more converts. We work for him like slaves and get relief only when we die. Let's stop trying to deny it and tell the gospel as it really is, just hellfire insurance.

Hmmm...do I sense a wee bit of sarcasm? Rhetoric is sometime useful in getting a point across. Life belongs to God, He gives and He takes. Slaves? Since you put it that way, one is either a slave to Christ, or a slave to satan, no house divided can stand.

I've also pretty much come to the conclusion that God cares about our free will more than he actually loves us. Love has to override free will in certain cases. God never does that. Women have no say in whether or not they conceive, and they can even have a baby through rape. White men have virtually free reign in our society. Brutal patriarchy still exists in the third world. Africa is still suffering despite the trillions of dollars that have been sent to help them over the decades. The sex trade is still ongoing. Sex used for any purpose other than it's original intent destroys lives, yet God still creates us with those drives. People with inclinations toward being gay are forced to live celibate lives. People like me will never have the status and privileges that married people do simply because we're single. I could go on and on...

But I don't have to to prove my case, that God values our free will more than he actually loves us. Jesus's sacrifice was only so we could be in heaven with him when we die.

And don't tell me it's because of sinful people. That's no longer an excuse to me.

So the value of "free will" is greater than God Himself (God is love), such that free will is the new god in town. Well, the human heart is an idol factory, so it's no surprise.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi, I just want to tell you how loved you are by God and how it's our choices and our free will that cause us and other people pain. God loves us very very much and He sent His only son to die on the cross for us. And this life does matter because for example, look at the life of Jesus, he had to get disciples and they had to get more disciples, we are told in the Bible that we are to bear fruit and we're supposed to be as productive as we can be but that can only be done with the help of God and Jesus. Jesus is always with us even when bad things happen, He says in the Bible "never will I leave you, never will I forsake you". God really loves you and I am just trying to help. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I barely want to talk to anyone about my faith now, 'cause if they knew the truth, they would see I'm just a fraud. I have barely any faith at all, if any. I'm constantly worried about my future. I have no peace and little joy. Everything about my faith feels like a chore. And the only things that make me feel even a bit of relief are forbidden to me. I've tried so hard for so long to get out of this state. But I have nothing left. I'm honestly expecting bad things to happen. There's no guarantee that they won't.

Upvote 0

HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I just want to tell you how loved you are by God and how it's our choices and our free will that cause us and other people pain. God loves us very very much and He sent His only son to die on the cross for us. And this life does matter because for example, look at the life of Jesus, he had to get disciples and they had to get more disciples, we are told in the Bible that we are to bear fruit and we're supposed to be as productive as we can be but that can only be done with the help of God and Jesus. Jesus is always with us even when bad things happen, He says in the Bible "never will I leave you, never will I forsake you". God really loves you and I am just trying to help. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Why would I want to spread news of a deal that we only get full relief when we die? And really, things will only be made right when Jesus returns. So why bother trying to change things?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would I want to spread news of a deal that we only get full relief when we die? And really, things will only be made right when Jesus returns. So why bother trying to change things?

Following Jesus is an invitation, it's not an obligation. Putting heavy crosses on people is what the Pharisees did. Jesus does not do this.

Lots of people do good in the world. God inspires them all. Things are messed up, but evil does not get the last word.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I barely want to talk to anyone about my faith now, 'cause if they knew the truth, they would see I'm just a fraud. I have barely any faith at all, if any. I'm constantly worried about my future. I have no peace and little joy. Everything about my faith feels like a chore. And the only things that make me feel even a bit of relief are forbidden to me. I've tried so hard for so long to get out of this state. But I have nothing left. I'm honestly expecting bad things to happen. There's no guarantee that they won't.

I believe everyone has faith, just not of the saving kind. What I mean is, everyone places faith in something or someone, and if you think about what is at the heart of that faith, I mean in terms of a network of beliefs, the central belief about what the ultimate reality is, generally the answer is either man or God. I have no idea where you are in terms of faith, I only know that believers can and do go through periods of doubt, and I know that very little faith can move mountains. Don't get me wrong, feelings are important, but we shouldn't confuse them with faith, nor allow them to control or run or lives. I understand, easier said than done, but if I lived by my feelings and heart...God only knows where I might be, or if I would be at all. Feelings come and go, they pass, but the God given gift of faith remains.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
I understand. But you are looking at only the negatives. Yes life is hard and brutal. Nobody is immune. But, it's how we react to any situation that makes all the difference. Remember Jesus faced brutality and suffered immensely. Each of his disciples died horribly. Paul spent a lot ofctime being flogged and in prison from where he wrote half the New Testament.
When we face hardship thst is exactly when we need the love and strength only God can provide. When troubled, that's when we need the Peace only Christ can bestow. I know personally that i can endure anything as long as Christ is in my life. I have never been angry with God, i depend upon Him for everything.
Do not despair, dwell on the good not bad. Hand over the bad to Christ, He will deal with it. A humble heart and trust is needed and all things work out for the best.
I say this sincerely though experience. Jesus has helped transform my life from fear and devastation to light and life. I love Him above all others. Only He can save us. All else is futile.
Nobody brainwashed me, i am a clear thinking strong woman. I am absolutely certain Christ is our only hope and light in a world of darkness and turmoil. Love is the only answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have an example. An elderly friend who is a wonderful christian now in her 90s. As a young woman she was brutaly raped by a stranger who has never been heard of agsin. . She had the baby adopted but many years later he found her. They love each other always. This lady went on to have a family, then one of her sons died in a car crash. She had a husband who gambled away everything. She nursed him in later years after a severe stroke. She has never had any money, lives in a tiny council flat.
BUT, she is my very best friend. A fellow widow. Full of life and love. When all her tragedies happened she depended on Christ. Even in old age she remains healthy and attends church without fail every week. She has loads of friends, goes everywhere, active life. Her faith is simple and strong. She loves Jesus and prays constantly. When i was bereaved and alone she took me under her wing. Us widows still get together regularly and she is firmly in charge and makes us laugh so much.
There, that is the power of Christ in a life! The power of love over evil. Light over darkness.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I am so sorry you feel like this. It must be very hard for you. X

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

May I suggest that you do talk to someone about your struggles with faith.
Most ministers are aware that people do have problems and are able to advice and help.

Try asking a question, like, 'How would you advise someone struggling with believe? Yes he may suspect that you mean your self, but how he responds will enable you to decide whether to talk or not.

Or you could re examine just what it is you believe, try christianityexplored web site and see if there is a course neer you. It would let you re examine Christianity.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God said they will hate the truth because they love their darkness. Sorry now but, Jesus said following Him would not be easy. There is no guarantee your life will be good or filled with pain.
When Jesus was on the other side of the river. He said to a lot of followers, “ you only follow me because I feed you”
After that, a large crowd of them stopped following Him.
When He asked his true followers, the apostles, “ are you also going to leave? They replied, for where shall we go master, you have the way of life.

Clearly Jesus separated those who are in relationship with God for themselves and those in it for a true relationship.
Relationship is about giving. It’s more blessed to give rather than receive. So fast forward and Jesus did exactly that. He laid down His life for us, are we willing to do the same?
Stop being so sympathetic and start showing gratitude. Thank God that you have a hellfire insurance, thank God He has revealed himself to you,
Thank god your still breathing. If you just stopped and looked at how you are really blessed, you would stop your whining and start being joyful.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have no Holy Spirit fruit present in your life. Repent of your selfish ways and turn back to Jesus.
God Bless you
Jonathan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jack Meredith

Sep 1, 2017
Missoula, Montana
✟17,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Divorced

God is not a gentleman. Can we please quit with this silliness?! God is God. He sends out His word and it does not come back void, but accomplishes what He sends it to do.

Upvote 0