GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is an Email I sent out on Friday morning, but a note first. Except for that one email I haven't gotten online or even on the computer at all.
I missed being here at CF, but God had many things He wanted me to see, and even with everything restored I'm still seeing them.
But I'm here, back on duty, and have found our little area again.
God's Grace & Mercy and,
Lots of love,
Tammy

After almost a week we have power, water, and phone (it was on and off). GA got hit with 15 tornado's, 3 were in our county, an F1 and 2 F2's. Our friend's from church lost a nephew and then the nephew's wife.
We woke up on Mothers Day listening to it, and at a few minutes after 6am the power kicked off. We're on well water, so that went too...along with cordless phones and answering machines.

I thanked God many times that we had no damage or loss, and that the weather was beautiful...the first time we went without it was 4 days in January and was freezing, the other was 2 days in August. We've had the windows open and great breezes.
I've got a lot of reading done, done a lot of walking, spent a lot of time with family and with God, and in general enjoyed so much peace that when the power for us came back on about 4pm yesterday, first I thanked God, but then... I didn't turn on the tv or computer.
I cleaned the empty fridge and freezer and did a load of laundry, went back out to my hammock and finished the book I was reading, then I came back in to put my house back in order.

We were blessed, truly, many people lost homes, some lost lives, business's, our State has been declared a Disaster State...and here on what I use to call "my little piece of Heaven on Earth"...God reminded me of that again.
I felt like I was camping, we had a cooler, ice, jugs of water and a camp stove, I was fine with it
Sometimes He has to shake things up to get folks to call out to Him, or remember Him, or look around us instead of being so busy doing and doing.
This is going to sound strange except to the few who knew me before 1995....but in so many ways, it was a Mothers Day Gift.

I've stopped typing this at least 3-4 times so I could watch these little birds outside my window gathering things to rebuild their nests....and they're singing while they're doing it. I look over at what was my rose bushes, and a single bright pink tea rose is in full bloom. A few weeks ago I wanted Shawn to help me get things moved around in out shed so we could maybe hang our bikes...today witht he way these vines are twined in and around them, and the birds are sitting on them, I think of what a neat picture that would make.

If you haven't heard that new George Strait song, "I Saw God Today"...you need to...it's perfect.
Well, I'm sending this out, then going on my walk, and have to go pick up some milk before I get to playing online. I just wanted everyone to know that we're alive and well

Love, Tammy

farmsys

Prayer Changes Everything
Dec 12, 2007
Sydney Australia
✟50,711.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
I will continue to pray for you Tammy and everyone around you Wow what a testimony to be able to see and fell God through this ordeal and to be able to take the time to slow down and just listen Your testimony has just reminded me how much I take for granted thankyou so much for sharing that with us :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.