Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Bible Ot and NT .....
By the testimony of 2-3 witnesses...

If you get a prophesy unless it is way off ...put it on the shelf.....
Pray about it ask 2-3 brethren to pray about it and give you input......
Sometimes my wife or another brother will give me a word....of wisdom or direction
first thing I will ask is have you prayed about this.......??????

For example we are praying about sending our daughter to Europe for college year....
Obviously you cant exactly find that verse in the Bible so you need a word from God!!!

Ask God to show you the truth about this prophesy...is it true????
ask God to give you a Bible verse?????

General Rules for prophesy:
from 1 corinthians 12-14
1. look at the persons fruits...prophesy is for edification.....also could be direction or correction........
2. dont take a prophesy from a stranger without fully seeking God first
3. prophets are subject to prophets...get a 2nd opinion
4. beware of money hungry preachers who want your money.....
5. dont always seek a word from the Lord like you have to have it right now.....
God will give you a word in His timing if you will diligently seek HIM

Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength....

Reasons God will give you a prophesy....
1. very important event...ex. Abraham going to promise and
2. when you are stubborn and wont listen to God personally...
ex. paul going to jerusalem...warned by many prophets.....
3. warning of impending danger or sin....
ex. Eli was warned by samuel and another prophet of the sins of his sons......

It is very important for singles to make sure they are hearing from God before they date and or marry....
Get older couples to pray for you and cover you...wait and listen to God

Upvote 0

Southronlady

Jun 24, 2015
Nashville Area
✟15,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't normally post on here, but I must respond (with all due respect) to your post:

You state, "If a person does not inspire love, peace and joy in you, and if their remarks are not gentle and kind, then it is not the Holy Spirit speaking through them."......Then you go on to say, "You need to treat these people aggressively because they do not represent Christ at all. When Peter unwittingly sided with the devil in trying to keep Jesus from the cross, Jesus was not kind or gentle with him."

You seem to contradict yourself here. Just because a person is not speaking kind or gentle--which you admit Christ, Himself, spoke in such an ungentle way--does not mean they are speaking with the spirit of the devil. And you go on to "justify" why it is okay to speak in a harsh manner to someone, even to call them names like "liar".

Also, I'm not saying in any way that I agree with what the person said about God killing them with Holy fire, but I'm just pointing out what really stood out to me as inconsistent logic.

Also, the statement "God is not willing that any should perish" is not totally correct in convincing that God does not cause one's physical death. He is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" meaning they will perish, but He has provided for eternal life....for all who believe on His son.

Here are some Biblical examples where God DID cause someone to physically perish:
God's anger burned against Uzzah when he took hold of the ark and God struck him dead. (2 Samuel 6:1-7 and 1 Chronicles 13:9-12).

How about Ananias and Sapphira for lying? The coincidental timing and place of their deaths indicate indicate it was God's judgment.

And another thought to add to this verse: "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9). For those who refuse to accept salvation through Jesus Christ, both a physical death and a spiritual death will take place. However, think on this....this eternal death is not complete annihilation, but is a continual ETERNAL punishment in the lake of fire....so, a person may die physically, but his soul never really perishes eternally--but lives on in eternal punishment. Isn't that thought quite sobering?! Yet, those who have received God's salvation through faith in Christ alone have turned from death to life (1 John 3:14), and the second death has no power over them (Rev. 20:6).

Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And the problem with me is that I'm so fearful of God that when someone claims God said it cuts me to my core in fear and reverence.

I just don't understand.

So taking it as a grain of salt is hard for me.

I don't think you should ignore it. You can speak to the person involved, and warn him that if he is endangering his soul by taking the name of the G-d in vain...just by using the title to say what G-d did not say. And then do not keep fellowship with such persons, they are being presumptuous to do anything but tell you to stop sinning if you happen to be breaking a commandment...not one of their rules, but a commandment of G-d.

No one can believed to speak for G-d until proof is offered of prophecies that have come true.

I have heard directly from G-d three times, once in person, and received one word...a command. The others were Bat Kol's...audible words spoken, and again only orders for me.

I am not a prophet, don't want to be one, and when I say I talk to G-d and he talks back, I am telling the truth, but it's mostly in the spirit...my inner self, and not for anyone else. I have waking visions that are instructive...and all these things are common to this time.

But giving a 'WORD' to someone is in my view, clairvoyant fortune telling, and of demons.

I don't ever do anything except explain visions and dreams, and how you can validate them, but no one is authorized to scare people with anything not out of the Scriptures. And frankly, anyone rude enough to say such a thing to you needs a severe talking to...even if he is a Pastor, so you would go to the elders, have one accompany you after discussing how to approach the person involved, and call him to account, because what he is doing is dangerous for him, as well as for any misguided soul that might believe him.

You might lose friendships and even your church, but you could save a soul.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't normally post on here, but I must respond (with all due respect) to your post:

You state, "If a person does not inspire love, peace and joy in you, and if their remarks are not gentle and kind, then it is not the Holy Spirit speaking through them."......Then you go on to say, "You need to treat these people aggressively because they do not represent Christ at all. When Peter unwittingly sided with the devil in trying to keep Jesus from the cross, Jesus was not kind or gentle with him."

You seem to contradict yourself here. Just because a person is not speaking kind or gentle--which you admit Christ, Himself, spoke in such an ungentle way--does not mean they are speaking with the spirit of the devil. And you go on to "justify" why it is okay to speak in a harsh manner to someone, even to call them names like "liar".

Also, I'm not saying in any way that I agree with what the person said about God killing them with Holy fire, but I'm just pointing out what really stood out to me as inconsistent logic.

Also, the statement "God is not willing that any should perish" is not totally correct in convincing that God does not cause one's physical death. He is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" meaning they will perish, but He has provided for eternal life....for all who believe on His son.

Here are some Biblical examples where God DID cause someone to physically perish:
God's anger burned against Uzzah when he took hold of the ark and God struck him dead. (2 Samuel 6:1-7 and 1 Chronicles 13:9-12).

How about Ananias and Sapphira for lying? The coincidental timing and place of their deaths indicate indicate it was God's judgment.
There is no contradiction. God always deals with genuine believers with grace, mercy, kindness and gentleness. These are the ones who are faithful to Christ, walk according to the fruit of the Spirit, and seek to glorify Christ. Such people will never drop condemnation bombs on others.

But there are those who are religious and motivated by a demonic religious spirit. They may be very religious and it might be difficult to tell them from true believers, but they are not. They do not represent Christ, and are still dead in their trespasses and sins, and they are motivated by demonic spirits in what they say and do. The scripture says that we should give no place to the devil, and that includes his representatives. Those who drop condemnation bombs on believers are being motivated by demonic lying spirits and they need an aggressive response. They are not our brothers and sisters in Christ but are grievous wolves in sheep's clothing.

I think that in many cases it takes the gift of the discernment of spirits to sort out the genuine from the counterfeit. Peter was not kind to Simon the sorcerer during the revival in Samaria when Simon offered money to the apostles for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Simon was a professing believer, but Peter sorted him out very aggressively. Paul referred to the false apostles, who were professing Christians, as dogs and mutilators because they were teaching the Galatians that they needed to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses in order to be saved. The grievous wolves referred to by Paul were professing Christians, and Paul also said that people from their own ranks would rise up and teach falsehood and tear the flock of God. So there is definite indication in the New Testament that we should not have a bar of false religious professing believers who are not the representatives of Christ but are representatives of the enemy, seeking to destroy congregations and good believers.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Further to my post: I have a friend who runs one-week prophetic schools. In a session, a fellow turned up and during the worship time, was going around giving prophecies to different people. My friend got close to him and heard him saying all sorts of condemning and "off the wall" stuff. He then faced him up in front of everyone and said that he was conducting himself inappropriately and to stop what he was doing or leave the school. The guy started arguing with my friend and accused him of all sorts of falsehood. My friend then told him that there was a very large doorman at the back of the church who will come over and encourage him to leave. He then indicated to the very large and imposing doorman to come over, whereupon the false guy suddenly "felt led to depart the meeting,"

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It really makes me upset when I hear Christians say "God said "xyz""

I have no way of trusting such claims in man.

God has never directly spoken anything audible to me and I've been born again since 2005.

Its always been an interpretation of The Holy Spirit in Faith.

The only "God said" I'm comfortable to hear is His Word, the bible.

What do I do when Christians say "God said "xyz""

Onetime I was told "God said He will kill me with holy fire"

It makes me hit the floor in panic!

Two things. One, it is only your experience that God had not talked to you personally and one cannot in all honesty base a belief system on one person's experience.

Two, Throughout the bible we read of people where God spoke to them personally, sometimes in an audible voice. If that is the case and it is, why has he gone silent? Not logical.

Apart from the fact that "Onetime someone said..." is insufficient to decide an issue one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Two things. One, it is only your experience that God had not talked to you personally and one cannot in all honesty base a belief system on one person's experience.

Two, Throughout the bible we read of people where God spoke to them personally, sometimes in an audible voice. If that is the case and it is, why has he gone silent? Not logical.

Apart from the fact that "Onetime someone said..." is insufficient to decide an issue one way or the other.
I am not sure whether you have read Hebrews 1. Also, we have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of us, therefore the voice of God is an inner still small voice that speaks in our hearts. Sometimes God might speak in an audible voice but that is rare and for a particular purpose, possibly when the person is in such a state that he or she cannot hear the inner voice. But looking for an audible voice instead of developing oneself to hear the inner voice of the Spirit can be a sign of spiritual immaturity.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In my experience as well, a great number of folks involved heavily in and with Pentecostalism / Charismatic Christianity are likely to say and do things that are allegedly inspired by God, but which reek of something being terribly, terribly askew. And somehow twisted.

Honestly, friend, if I were you, I'd distance myself from such ministries and supposed deliverance campaigns.

I do laugh at some posters here who seem to give the impression that on the basis of "their" experience they have a cast iron case for rejecting the work of the Holy Spirit.

There is good and bad in everything, even in the church so it is foolish to say "according to my experience" as truth is not determined by experience. it is determined by the revelation of the Holy Spirit who will lead you into all truth.

On average I will spend two years studying a subject before I am prepared to offer any sort of viewpoint on it. One or two experiences does not cut it for me.

People who rely on experiences usually want the word of God to submit to their experience rather than their experience submitting to the word of God.

I tell those who I have any influence over, if you want to know anything about anything, first search the Word of God, see what others are saying and then investigate experience. That way you will know the truth and it will set you free.

To say, "that is not my experience" will drive you up dead end street.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I do laugh at some posters here who seem to give the impression that on the basis of "their" experience they have a cast iron case for rejecting the work of the Holy Spirit.

There is good and bad in everything, even in the church so it is foolish to say "according to my experience" as truth is not determined by experience. it is determined by the revelation of the Holy Spirit who will lead you into all truth.

On average I will spend two years studying a subject before I am prepared to offer any sort of viewpoint on it. One or two experiences does not cut it for me.

People who rely on experiences usually want the word of God to submit to their experience rather than their experience submitting to the word of God.

I tell those who I have any influence over, if you want to know anything about anything, first search the Word of God, see what others are saying and then investigate experience. That way you will know the truth and it will set you free.

To say, "that is not my experience" will drive you up dead end street.
People who rely on experiences are immature children in the faith, and God will give the experiences to encourage them and keep them in the faith until they start growing in grace to the point where they can base their dependence on the promises and principles of God's Word irrespective of what they are experiencing. Mature believers tend to have less of the experiential because they no longer need it. They can do the work and will of God without them because they are operating on the basis of faith in Christ alone.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mature believers tend to have less of the experiential because they no longer need it. They can do the work and will of God without them because they are operating on the basis of faith in Christ alone.

That is not my experience ??? The more I get to know God the more I can trust him to do what he said he would do.

When I was a new believer (63 years ago), my experience of God was very limiting. Like a baby all they need is to be fed and watered, sleep and attention.

As I grew in my faith and put a few years behind me, my use increased as I knew God more than I knew about him.

It was not a case of I needed the experiential, but that as I knew God, it fell into place as normal and natural.

So yes the experiential can be a lack of maturity but it can also be an evidence of maturity. 60 years ago I did not and would not pray for someone who is brain dead. Last year I did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It really makes me upset when I hear Christians say "God said "xyz."" I have no way of trusting such claims in man. God has never directly spoken anything audible to me and I've been born again since 2005. Its always been an interpretation of The Holy Spirit in Faith.

The only "God said" I'm comfortable to hear is His Word, the bible. What do I do when Christians say "God said "xyz."" One time I was told "God said He will kill me with holy fire." It makes me hit the floor in panic!... And what I've witnessed in charismatic groups makes me cringe. Why?

Thank you.

Hey, Buddy!
No way I'd have time to read through the entire thread, so forgive me if I am repeating after someone. I think this is a case where your anxieties are making you pay a little bit here. What I mean is this: The word very clearly commands that you set aside all anxieties (Mark 4:19, 1 Peter 5:7). In both these verses, the word translated "care" in the KJV should properly be translated anxiety from the Greek.

Now, why is it important in your case. I'll give you an example. When I was still a new believer in Christ, I joined an Assembly of God college group, and we went to a convention together in St. Louis. During that convention they started talking about us having an opportunity to receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. I was like, "Ok, if that's what God has for me, great." In other words, I wasn't concerned one way or the other. But I had a friend with me, a Baptist friend, who was very up tight. He was nervous like crazy. When it came time and they laid hands on us, they said as they were praying, "Now if you get the unction to begin speaking anything, just let God use your mouth." Well, as I was praying I noticed my words started having a Hebrew accent as I was quietly praying under my breath, so I just rolled with it. About 1-2 minutes into this, the Spirit welled up in me and my tongue completely let go, and BLAM! Out came this really loud, almost violent-sounding Vietnamese language. It was so loud that some of the brothers praying for me started laughing in the Spirit they were so excited, because the manifestation was so great.

Well, after my experience finally began calming down, then it was time for them to focus on my Baptist friend. They told him to let go of his tongue but he was really struggling. He was so nervous, and you could tell he really wanted to. He was shaking, and his voice was high as if he was nearly crying and short of breath and trying. We all wanted him to let go, but he never could. So we finally ended the prayer session and he never fully received, i.e. he never fully let go so that the Holy Spirit within Him could take control.

Said all that to say this. I hear God speak to me all the time now. But I also fully well know that there are a lot of people out there who say He is speaking to them when He has not. So to this day I don't get nervous about any such things. Time will tell if it is of God's word or not.

So don't get into anxiety over such things. If it is of God, time will tell. Just rest assured in Him. HE KNOWS YOU. And He knows exactly how much you would be able to believe and receive from others where you are. So you just trust Him, and don't let anyone force themselves on you. Maybe what they will say will truly be from God, but if they are being irresponsible with your sensitive spirit then they are sinning against God and against you, possibly unknowingly.

So you just listen to what you can trust, and discard all the rest. And pray that whatever HE has for will be revealed as of Him in His own good time. You can trust HIM always, even though you can't always trust people.

In Christ Jesus our Lord,
Your friend,
Hidden

Upvote 0

Gluttonous Winebibber

May 7, 2017
Sterling Heights
✟22,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hear you... But the chances to really confront people on their pastor's lousy theology and control tacrics are rare. What to do? Attend these churches and get into fights with people? I mean, what does one do?

God blesses the effort you make no matter what approach you take, and he often appreciates an honest/direct approach the most. Honesty in your message requires you to know that message completely, less you stumble others(Luke 17:2), but sometimes you need to stumble a person when they take the wrong course for too long. Read the bible, pray, and maybe even attend some church sessions, listening for experience sake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ray Blick

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm Born again and He is sanctifying me.

What was said to me was physical death.

I have a massive problem with stuff like that being said because it leaves me speechless and upset, anxious and panicked that I'm of no use to Him, and have done some major sining.

Worthy of death.

As God dropped dead people in acts, e.g. Ananias and Sapphira.
Dear brother, I'm deeply concerned for you. Not only you went through the tragic discovery of your deceased partner and are no doubt still getting over it , some inconsiderate, insensitive wannabe spoke death over you. It is no less than spiritually and emotional abuse!
You need to gravitate to a body of believers who love Jesus , who are simple without the bells and whistles that stir up a hornets nest of ignorance on fire.
Believe me brother, I've been where you are and they sound so spiritual and sometimes so 'anointed' but they don't know you.
You are pouring your heart out in this forum and it concerns me that you may get more confused about the whole "God told me this "thing.

I believe that the Lord will lead you to green pastures to restore your soul. Did God tell me to say that to you or is it just and excerpt from psalm 23?

Really brother, it's meant to be that simple.

Years ago I was in an Apostolic evangelical church. We worshipped, fasted, prayed diligently, witnessed on the street, saw some miracles and the enemy took me out. How? That's another story. But it was full of ignorance on fire and not much maturity or sensitivity or accountability to loose 'words', visions and "God said's".
The little movement a year or so later fizzled out.

That was 2006. One good thing came out of it though was Ben Fitzgerald from Bethel church in Redding California, and he does hear from the Lord.

I must say brother, at that time when the devil was plotting a scheme where we were ambushed on the street, Holy Spirit was telling me not to go out but I did out of fear of being 'out of order' with my leader I copped it bad and so almost cost me my marriage. Fear got hold of me and almost had a breakdown.

Did bible college for 2 years with AFCM in Queensland Australia while recooperating and got involved with a good bunch of wise older folk in a small Pentecostal church who did not put up with any crap.
The prophet of the church is so wise and has been tested and trusted and never brings death into the words of knowledge and prophecy just life..
This helped me to heal.
I must say brother that God speaks to us in our unique ways, through the word, sometimes an audible voice (still small voice), circumstances, nature, one time through smelling His presence of beautiful roses and lilies in my old painty, dusty, oily shed!
He does speak to us through our senses,
He wants to speak to you as well.

It's time today aside those cares brother of all the fear that you carry, lay it down, Jesus yoke is meant to be easy and burden light.

Don't fear those demons for you are in Christ seated in heavenly places according to Ephesians, you are a co heir with Christ, more than a conqueror, an overcomer, for greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Blessings

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God blesses the effort you make no matter what approach you take, and he often appreciates an honest/direct approach the most. Honesty in your message requires you to know that message completely, less you stumble others(Luke 17:2), but sometimes you need to stumble a person when they take the wrong course for too long. Read the bible, pray, and maybe even attend some church sessions, listening for experience sake.

The only opportunity I had to seriously talk to a fellow Christian who was getting swept away in a very emotional, lawless, "gifts"-centered kind of church environment went badly. I tried warning her as a friend, and in the end, she took it upon herself to behave even worse, and wound up losing quite a lot in the end. It was sad, and kind of puzzling, but what I've learned is that when such ministries really, really get a hold of a person's heart and mind, precious little that anyone says or does will make a dent.

That doesn't mean that one says nothing when given the chance, though. But I've found that earnest and God-given conversations and serious prayer work out better for me than trying to enter into a situation with a game plan.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well seems he "Im sorry" might have left back on page four.

The problem here is US you and me and what we believe. Some here talk about this group or that group. And not in a nice way and then others agree with them. So what would one expect GOD to now say? He will never go against our will.

If you want to believe your group your "denomination" is the real one or right one.. Hes not going to say anything. For we told HIM what is who is true, the real "Christian/believer".

So me.. I take HIM at His word not what man says. For me it has to be written. And if written He will do it for HIS word is HIS will. And this GoD for me is not dead.. HE is VERY REAL! More real then anyone one I know more real then my wife and two boys.

So many don't know who they are nor HIM. Who you are in Christ Jesus. For HIS sheep KNOW His voice. So.. does GOD speak? Seems JESUS seems to think so. So for me.. thats HIS word.. and if HE said it..its HIS will. On and on. To many want to be an adult and read His word. But.. you have to be a child. Be a child and then read. A kid believes anything haha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ray Blick

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well seems he "Im sorry" might have left back on page four.

The problem here is US you and me and what we believe. Some here talk about this group or that group. And not in a nice way and then others agree with them. So what would one expect GOD to now say? He will never go against our will.

If you want to believe your group your "denomination" is the real one or right one.. Hes not going to say anything. For we told HIM what is who is true, the real "Christian/believer".

So me.. I take HIM at His word not what man says. For me it has to be written. And if written He will do it for HIS word is HIS will. And this GoD for me is not dead.. HE is VERY REAL! More real then anyone one I know more real then my wife and two boys.

So many don't know who they are nor HIM. Who you are in Christ Jesus. For HIS sheep KNOW His voice. So.. does GOD speak? Seems JESUS seems to think so. So for me.. thats HIS word.. and if HE said it..its HIS will. On and on. To many want to be an adult and read His word. But.. you have to be a child. Be a child and then read. A kid believes anything haha
Well put.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to Christian Philosophy & Ethics.
Please note and abide by the SOP of this forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree, brother. Personally it raises my spiritual alarm when I hear, "God told me to tell you." The Holy Spirit speaks to my heart just fine on His own. It just gives me the goosebumps. I consider it a mocking of the Spirit of God in most cases.
I would far rather point someone to a helpful verse of Scripture than to go along with the "God told me to tell you" sort of language.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would far rather point someone to a helpful verse of Scripture than to go along with the "God told me to tell you" sort of language.
Basically, that is all you can do if you do not have the gift of discernment or knowledge.

A person who has either or both can see what is going on without even speaking to a person as the person is operating in the realm of spiritual gifts which are supernaturally endowed, so the outcomes of them will be supernatural.

I remember on one occasion I was speaking at a Full Gospel Businessmen's breakfast and when I had finished speaking I invited people to be prayed for. God said to me that I was not to ask them what they wanted prayer for, I was to discern it.

I knelt down beside the first couple closed my eyes and waited. The word incest came so that is what I prayed for. The wife burst into tears as I prayed. She had been sexually abused by her grandfather.

Quoting a scripture to her would have been an insult and of no help.

Upvote 0