Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The great commission was given to the 12 disciples who are NOT a part of the Body of Christ. We do note that the 12 disciples had difficulty obeying that commission, plus remember Peter found it hard to go to the Gentiles, and when he did he tried to get them to act as Jews. He did not understand the revelation of the Body of Christ that was given to the Apostle Paul.

We have you quoting you in the narrative above, without the scripture to prove it. You are trying to make modern Dispensational Theology work.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

The New Covenant: Bob George

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Israel is also called the `elect,` of God.

The OT writers & 12 disciples never knew of the revelation of the Body of Christ. It was kept hidden (as God`s word tells us) -

`which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would have not crucified the Lord of Glory.` (1 Cor. 2: 8)

We are also the elect.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have you quoting you in the narrative above, without the scripture to prove it. You are trying to make modern Dispensational Theology work.

I said -

`The great commission was given to the 12 disciples who are NOT a part of the Body of Christ. We do note that the 12 disciples had difficulty obeying that commission, plus remember Peter found it hard to go to the Gentiles, and when he did he tried to get them to act as Jews. He did not understand the revelation of the Body of Christ that was given to the Apostle Paul.`

Scriptures -

Paul said - `But when Peter had come to Antioch I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed.....` I saw that they ( the rest of the Jews) were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in a manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?" (Gal. 2: 11 - 14)

Peter and the other Jews did NOT have an understanding of the Body of Christ where there is NO Jew or Gentile distinction. (Gal. 3: 28)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
`The great commission was given to the 12 disciples who are NOT a part of the Body of Christ. We do note that the 12 disciples had difficulty obeying that commission, plus remember Peter found it hard to go to the Gentiles, and when he did he tried to get them to act as Jews. He did not understand the revelation of the Body of Christ that was given to the Apostle Paul.`

What did Paul say in Romans 1:16 about the Gospel being taken "first" to the Jews, and then also to the Greeks?

There is one people of God found in John 10:16.

There is one Gospel found in Galatians 1:6-9.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

The New Covenant: Bob George

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi CaspianSails,

Actually God`s word tell us us that Jesus is ON the Father`s throne. Where in scripture did you see Him move to His own throne?

And He is making intercession for His BODY. We are NOT the bride.

And all things are being put under His feet, for He will judge the world systems and the fallen angels soon. It has NOT happened yet.

Yes Christ sits beside the Father, at his right hand on the same throne. Christ is already enthroned at the right hand of His Father and He has been exalted and all things are already under His feet. We will have to disagree on this next part though. All things are not being put under His feet all things were put under His feet. The ascension of Christ bears the fruit of the new kingdom He spoke of establishing. The fruits have come yet the fullness is not yet realized. This is called inaugurated eschatology which defines the present age. It is sometimes described as already-but-not-yet reality of the kingdom of Christ as far as we are concerned. His reign begun when He was exalted after the ascension. Ephesians 1:22 where it speaks of what the Father has done for Christ on His triumphant return, "And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church." Hath put all things under his feet is not future tense nor does it imply things are being put under his feet. The judging is yet to happen.

We are the body of the church as you state, in that I mis-wrote. Whether the Bride is the church is debatable and has roots in certain churches but there is no direct support but there is some implied support in some of the writings of Paul so I will not cross that line. There is much more support that New Jerusalem is the bride of the lamb as stated in Revelation.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Christ sits beside the Father, at his right hand on the same throne. Christ is already enthroned at the right hand of His Father and He has been exalted and all things are already under His feet. We will have to disagree on this next part though. All things are not being put under His feet all things were put under His feet. The ascension of Christ bears the fruit of the new kingdom He spoke of establishing. The fruits have come yet the fullness is not yet realized. This is called inaugurated eschatology which defines the present age. It is sometimes described as already-but-not-yet reality of the kingdom of Christ as far as we are concerned. His reign begun when He was exalted after the ascension. Ephesians 1:22 where it speaks of what the Father has done for Christ on His triumphant return, "And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church." Hath put all things under his feet is not future tense nor does it imply things are being put under his feet. The judging is yet to happen.

We are the body of the church as you state, in that I mis-wrote. Whether the Bride is the church is debatable and has roots in certain churches but there is no direct support but there is some implied support in some of the writings of Paul so I will not cross that line. There is much more support that New Jerusalem is the bride of the lamb as stated in Revelation.

Glad we can agree on some things. I do also agree that `all things` are under the Lord`s feet as regards His authority, and as you rightly say `the fullness is not yet realised.` I agree as that lines up with the Lord putting down all authority and power etc (1 Cor. 15: 24)

So I think we do agree on all that. I think the point I am making in the OP is that the Father is bringing the Lord`s enemies to His Son for judgment. They of course are under His feet, authority but the timing of the judgment is yet to be.

` The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Son), "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.` (meaning for judgment) (Ps. 110: 1)

Upvote 0