Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump is in the office.... and it was no surprise to God.. nor was it not His will. No leader of any country is in power without Gods knowing and allowing.
So you are saying that Obama, Clinton, Putin, Kim Jong Un, Ayatollah Khameini, Merkel, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Erdogan, Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, François Legault, Saddam Hussein, Bill DeBlasio, Fidel Castro, and Ho Chi Minh were all put in power by God?

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying that Obama, Clinton, Putin, Kim Jong Un, Ayatollah Khameini, Merkel, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Erdogan, Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, François Legault, Saddam Hussein, Bill DeBlasio, Fidel Castro, and Ho Chi Minh were all put in power by God?

It seems like this belief of God ordaining the President only applies if that President is a Republican, who politically panders to conservatives. Otherwise, it's "May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership" as it was during the entire eight years of Barack Obama's administration.

Despite the adamant claim we're hearing that God chose Trump, many conservative Christians have spent the last fours years attempting to rationalize and justify their loyal support of Trump.

"No one is sinless and perfect."

"At least he's not Hillary Clinton."

"I voted for the lesser of two evils."

"I voted for a President, not a pastor."

"I didn't vote for Trump because he was a choir boy."

In the last four years, we have seen the Christian Right move from the conviction of "Character does matter. You can't run a family, let alone a country without it. How foolish to believe that a person who lacks honesty and moral integrity is qualified to lead a nation and the world" (James Dobson).

In the last four years, we have seen this "Character does matter" conviction about the President's moral character evolve to: "I’m not under any illusions that he is an outstanding moral example. It’s a cliché but true: We are electing a commander-in-chief, not a theologian-in-chief" (James Dobson).

We have seen this same change of heart with other conservative Christians who also support Trump, like Franklin Graham, Pat Robertson, and Jerry Farwell, Jr. Pat Robertson, for instance, once called Clinton a "debauched, debased, and defamed" politician who turned the Oval Office into a "playpen for the sexual freedom of the poster child of the 1960s." It’s difficult to understand how Robertson could tell Trump recently, “You inspire us all.” (Trump-Loving Christians Owe Bill Clinton an Apology).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Using the quote out of context can be the same as bearing false witness

Sorry that is a quote Obama said.

"The future must not belong to those
who slander the prophet of Islam."

Context there does not change that fact.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟510,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not all he said.

There’s more? Let’s read it. All I was provided is what was given. Can’t fault me for not being provided all the info.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry that is a quote Obama said.

"The future must not belong to those
who slander the prophet of Islam."

Context there does not change that fact.
Sure it does. Did you read the post where I provided more context?

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics is just a show on the world's stage, nothing less, nothing more, so if you are with this politic man/woman or that politic man/woman, you are just fouling yourself and you are playing their game, be with the Father, period.

The Father is calling people to step aside of the world's stage, which is nothing but a show.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been YEARS that get to hear GOOD things about Israel and the US and then to hear about a president that LOVES to save LIFES!

And we know in the word God has used people He wanted.. not what people wanted.. but was GOD wanted. Go back 2008-2016 vs now. I LIKE NOW!

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟510,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alright, fine. I'll just be blunt about it and if I get moderated for violating Christian Forums rules then whatever I'll take the infraction. God is bringing about these events because he wants to use the United States and Israel to continue to spread the Gospel throughout the world and to bring about much needed healing to other nations. I do not claim they are prophets in the sense of a prophet such as Isaiah but rather they are people that God can still use people to reveal his plans and purposes. I do know that there are false teachers out there but God absolutely still continues to use the gift of prophecy just as he has done throughout church history.

Yes, God used New Testament prophetic voices in the United States and in the world to declare that Donald Trump was in fact his choice to become President of the United States of America and that God was going to use him as a friend to the church, Israel, expose corruption, and bring economic prosperity to the United States.

Except there’s no evidence of any such prophesy made prior to Trump’s election. Please show, by way of evidence, the precise wording of the prophecy.

In addition, God’s “choice” doesn’t necessarily mean his choice will be President. The phrasing you use to assert it was declared Trump will be President is to tell us God’s preference was Trump. The word choice is open ended, meaning possibly God’s preference but not necessarily who will win. Odd phrasing. Especially since God was rather more definitive in the OT/NT prophecies.

Yes, it is true some prophesies were cryptic, those end time prophesied are at times cryptic, but tell us exactly what is to happen. What you’ve said to be a prophesy doesn’t tell me God said Trump will be elected as president.

I do not claim they are prophets in the sense of a prophet such as Isaiah but rather they are people that God can still use people to reveal his plans and purposes. I do know that there are false teachers out there but God absolutely still continues to use the gift of prophecy just as he has done throughout church history

And yet, you’ve not articulated how you know it to be true that they prophesied. Look at the possible alternate meanings of what you believe to be a prophesy. That’s prophesy? Can you even refer to a credible and reliable piece of evidence of what exactly was the prophesy?

How do you know it was a prophesy? How do you know they prophesied?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, since you missed the point.... Trump is God's choice for the US at this time, He is not near as evil as the alternative, so calling him evil, all things relative... is an incorrect argument.
Lying is evil.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟510,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually the reason that President Trump won was because many Christians in the United States and many other people who don't vote in Presidential elections came out and voted for Trump. If Trump didn't have the Christian vote, he would never have been elected. So in a manner of speaking yes God did tell people how to vote. God always has and always will use the church to carry out change on the Earth.

So in a manner of speaking yes God did tell people how to vote. God always has and always will use the church to carry out change on the Earth.

How do you know to be true what you claim above? How do you know God told Christians to vote for Trump? Did God reveal this to you? Or are you guessing?

Let’s talk about God using the “church to carry out change on the earth.” Was God using the church when Christians, after capturing Jerusalem in July 15,1099, massacred hundreds to thousands of inhabitants? Is that what God was doing?

I suppose the Spanish Inquisition was just another act of God using the church to “carry out change on the earth.” The witch trials have been misunderstood, they were simply God’s use of the “church...to carry out change on the earth.”

Now if you object to those being instances where God used the church, on what basis is your objection? Do you have some special insight permitting you to have divinely inspired knowledge of whether God has used the church in some specific manner? If the answer is no, then you’re in no position to object to the idea those specific instances were God using the church, and can’t confidently claim God did tell the church to vote for Trump.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, since you missed the point.... Trump is God's choice for the US at this time,
Well...he's the Republican choice any way, I'm not sure why people insist on blaming the Lord for making this the face of the Republican Party:
f23976a0-f103-4c43-844a-d879a60eb609_750x422.jpg

He is not near as evil as the alternative,.
So...while he is evil, you just happen to like his evil more than the other guys evil? :scratch:
so calling him evil, all things relative... is an incorrect argument
Why? You yourself just said he was evil, just that his evil is okay because you don't like the other peoples evil as much. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God also put hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in 2005.
God both curses and blesses... Some presidents he puts in to chastise a nation who are not faithful to Him in sufficiency. For example, God put Obama in office to put the fear of God in complacent Christians who needed to grow stronger in their faith. Apparently, enough Christians did,. Then God put Donald Trump in office top bless us nationally for a while... Its generational. Each generation believers need to decide for themselves what kind of nation they will have by choosing for, or against, learning truth and clinging to and guarding it in their hearts.

He changes times and seasons;
he deposes kings and raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning."

Daniel 2:21

Some believers simply believe God will bless them because they are a believer. Not so. God has disciplined many who were lukewarm in their faith. God only blesses those who seek accurate teaching, and continue seeking for more in A DESIRE TO KNOW CHRIST!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We all suffer from the same self interest. Trump for instance, is just a poster boy for the self interest of the people, and as both sides are self oriented, he represents them all as do all world leaders. Our world is one of self interest. Those few of the Kingdom do not fit in for their interest is for the benefit of all mankind, not what we can get at other's expense..
I'm sorry, really.. but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well...he's the Republican choice any way, I'm not sure why people insist on blaming the Lord for making this the face of the Republican Party:

So...while he is evil, you just happen to like his evil more than the other guys evil? :scratch:

Why? You yourself just said he was evil, just that his evil is okay because you don't like the other peoples evil as much. :wave:
Everyone is evil.. Many times in electing or choosing.. you must choose the lesser of two evils.

Does Trump do stupid things.. Yep.... Would Christianity in the US be the same today if Hillary had of won... not a chance.

The people of the USA voted him to represent the Republicans... believe me, we had to suffer through it here in Canada for two years.. As we are now... please.... just make it stop.....

Second... The people of the US, with their system of electing leaders, that has been in place for hundreds of years... voted him in as President...

If it was not God's will for him to be the President.... he wouldn't be the President....

You don't have to like it but the only alternative is that you are stating that God was surprised when Trump was elected and it wasn't in God's plan.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They were in power by the will of God... If they were not supposed to be in power... they would not have been.

They were not put in power by God.. God allowed them to have the power that they had.

What did Christ say to Pilate?

John 19:10-11 King James Version (KJV)

10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It seems like this belief of God ordaining the President only applies if that President is a Republican, who politically panders to conservatives. Otherwise, it's "May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership" as it was during the entire eight years of Barack Obama's administration.

Obama was in power under Gods authority as well... All that he did... was somehow in God's master plan... Things happened, deals made, laws put in place, wars and military events took place, other leaders of other nations were influenced and delegated with...

Obama was in place for God's purpose... Just as all the leaders are.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Lying is evil.
So is shredding thousands of emails and and saying that you entered at Benghazi under a hail of gunfire... when you walked onto the tarmac with welcoming ceremonies.....

Want to compare lists of lies? By politicians and millionaires? Seriously?

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

301405_93a55ec889f00ee85f1a9a139682ed2f.gif

This is the man who represents Evangelical Christianity to unbelievers. He is the man who represents the Christian Right. He is the man who represents every conservative who faithfully support him.

He is the man who represents the Republican Party. He is the man who represents the Executive Office of the Presidency. He is the man represents the United States of America to the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0