"God-ordained sin"? 1 Kings 22:22-23, Exodus 4:21 and Genesis 50:20

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdon

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,041.00
Faith
Christian
Now you're just being ridiculous and stubborn. Please set aside your bias for a bit, and let the Word of God enlighten you. The proof is there, and four scriptural witnesses establish it beyond any doubt. You just apparently don't like the fact that a Calvinist proved it.

No, I wish a Calvinist could prove it to me. Seriously.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Calvinists claim Divine Sovereignty, and claim also that they are the determinants of that Sovereignty. Sure.

Freewillists claim exemption of their wills from both God and Satan. Sure.

And the real fact will remain that they will endlessly dispute and divide and tear each other apart in the name of God.

So, is dividing and disputing among believers a sin? And one that God causes? The Word, particularly the Word of the Law, arouses sin. Empowers SIN. So that we would ALL, as His, look inside the cup and give it a good wiping OUT.

Did God then cause this? Seems so to me, and is that looking upon us then a problem? Why would a look of honesty upon US be God causing sin? Yet in the very action of LOOKING upon us, those things are aroused and empowered in us.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

It ain't the heart of the other guy or his positions that are in question. What is in fact happening in "all of these things" is our reflections COMING FORTH. The thoughts and INTENTS of the hearts of MANKIND are being openly SHOWED for what they are. The activity then has very little to do with "freewill" or "determinism."

Just another reflection for thought.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.